Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW (15822 Views)

Power Generation Drops To 3,050MW / Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by onionsbeans12: 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
pendusky:
Lets pretend as if there is nothing wrong with Nigeria in General...

I was given March 2016 PHCN bill on 15th Of March and only saw Light on 18th and since then, no light... I have to pay right undecided

I am burning Generator after buying each day 5 liters for 160 naira (Since last month) that 800 naira, and we still pretend everything is okay good? cheesy

Prices of goods now double the original price and we still singing everything is okay in Nigeria cheesy

We are aware of the 50naira stamp charges on every 1000 naira deposited in my account, Everything is okay right?

We are aware of the proposed 9% increment on Phone, Tv bills etc

1$=300+ naira and we are singing, Everything is allright in Nigeria...

Its Exact 1 months and 2 days to One year in Office of PMB...

Its Exact 3 years to Another Elections in Nigeria...

Let all Endure until a day like this in 2019 when we will all vote for another sufferings and chains...

God Bless Nigeria!!!!

it is well. I say it is well. Why do one deserve this suffering and hardship?
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by SleekAboki: 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jombojombo:

These people you mentioned above are not human beings but programmed robots. Never you expect anything sensible from them.
o my bad. I thought they were human beings.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Deen77: 6:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
asokoromadam:

You voted in Buhari .Please keep quiet

Yes , when Jonathan waste Oil boom of $120/$140 for nothing.

OBJ @$40 save $71 billion (debt payment $12 billion, reserved $43 billion, joint account with state $21 billion)

Jonathan @$120/$140 save nothing reduce to $30 billion.

Algeria save $155 billion from Oil boom.

Jonathan is d most blessed Nigeria leader but don't blame him, he never want to rule, never have d experience OBJ put him there.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Deen77: 6:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
onionsbeans12:
Buhari is not only the NACKED thief but the brainless fool in this country. Imagine the current hardship one is going through in this country. A senior friend phoned me to make sure I am very careful. According to him, by end of July, many Nigerian can barely find food to eat and that I should increase the number of my birds in my poultry, increase my plantain farm. That is exactly what I am doing now. This daft Fulani man just came to suffer us. A man who does not know his left from right is the president. Look at the hardship. My two tenents are owing me five and four months. What is all these?

If Jonathan perform, who we vote Buhari, Jonathan was so blessed by God Crude at $120/$140.

Please tell me.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by winilove(f): 6:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
omorttee4u:

Hello, how you doing?
fine smiley
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Bollinger(m): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
You have to wonder how normal countries in the west and Europe do it. I mean, To Nigerians, 24-Hours power supply is same as a miracle from heaven. It is no miracle. It is more about the mentality of the government and it's citizens. When a country does not have a culture of maintenance, quality or continuity then there is no way in hell that the country can maintain even an hour or power supply. Nigerians cannot maintain a university hostel and keep it functioning and they expect to maintain a complicated power generating system. Ok. Good luck with that.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by gasgenius(m): 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
Vince77:
wetin u wan take charge d inverter?
Them no say no light for Nigeria again that mean them go bring arm . six hours light a day can last u about 40 hr depending ur consumption . but that if u dont have solar panel
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Oz4realsss: 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
Deen77:

If Jonathan perform, who we vote Buhari, Jonathan was so blessed by God Crude at $120/$140.

Please tell me.
The same people that wanted him out.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by chyket(m): 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
Its a big shame that Nigerians now go days without electricity after 45% increase in electricity tariffs.The most annoying part of it is that nobody is updating Nigerians on what's been done to ameliorate this ugly trend.Its a big shame and people should not politicize this issue.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by notoriousbabe: 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
preek too don dey drop for naija
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
MY friend SHARAP!!! The solution is to remove Electricity from the exclusive list. FG should hands off power and let states solve their power issues. States like Lagos ,Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kano, Niger can provide 247 power to their residents.

Quakertellicus1:
Happy Easter Nigerians

1.I know I would be called a fictional creature, who can transform people into said fictional creature via certain behaviours seen in certain members of other species, but this is not the government's fault...in a manner of speaking.

2.We can blame the government for not providing enough security at the pipelines which has led to them being attacked. We can also blame the local communities certain of whose youth members are responsible for attacking the pipelines....and who are defended as being latter day Guevaras....when they, by attacking the pipelines, make matters worse for their local environment.

3.Now on to the problems

a) We are not generating enough electricity. At max....we can generate just enough electricity to give everyone 12 hours of light. You would agree that is not enough for anyone to do anything.

b) We also have a very old aged transmission system, which needs serious fixing. And if it is not fixed....we will continue to have problems. And it is going to take years plus trillions of dollars to fix. Now...we do not have trillions of naira or dollars or even cedis to fix anything.

c) Bills are not paid by many Nigerians. One of the DISCOS said that a minority of customers actually pay the bills for a majority. That is not fair...and that went on before NEPA became PHCN.

d) We are also overloading the national grid by just connecting everyone to it. Just now...20 VILLAGES in lagos were connected to the grid How can?

SOLUTIONS

1.We need to end vandalisation of power facilities. If we can start handing down 20 Year sentences for vandalizing power lines,....and 30 for gaspipelines....so be it.

2.We need to increase generation. APC has promised 2000 extra megawatts. They must fufil that promise. We must also get up to 13000mw by 2019.And that includes Nuclear...solar, gas, and even refuse/waste/biogas.

3.We also must improve the transmission system. And this is not a one year job. More like five years.

4.Nigerians must be ready to pay higher for electricity. If not by bills...by taxes. The power supply has been privatized. and unless you want Govt to take over the whole thing again (which would provoke heavy duty lawsuits from the companies...the DISCOS and GENCOS)....THAT is the way forward.

5.We also must accept that this is going to take a while. In my opinion....ten years.

So...Nigerians....either we make this work....or we don't. We must work with and put pressure on our government and the DISCOS/GENCOS to make this work.

(This message was not paid for by the Presidency,Ministry of Information, the Stand with Buhari group, or even the National Non-existent Creatures Committee.).

Nigeria...needs N5 trillion to make power work (Thisday, Dec 1997)
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
MY friend SHARAP!!!

Why, thank you for such kind and nice words. You can disagree with me anytime....just in language suited to the occasion.

The solution is to remove Electricity from the exclusive list. FG should hands off power and let states solve their power issues. States like Lagos ,Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kano, Niger can provide 247 power to their residents.

1.) FG has hands off power since 2014....the only thing it controls now is transmission and some aspects of generation.

2) States taking over generation is a good idea. All the govt needs to do is get rid of the idea that a state HAS to donate its powergenerated to the nation...and get peanuts in return.

But now that power HAS been privatized...that makes that rather impossible.

In other words....for your scenairo to work....the government has to take over power again. Not going to happen (APC did not oppose the GENCOS/DISCOS formation...and if they did now...they would, in the event of a takeover...be sued in court for breach of contract).

All in all....Increase generation, sort out transmission.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by chachanga: 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
malton:
Until we the masses start to play our part, fairly constant electricity will continue to elude us.

The same people sabotaging the little efforts government is making to increase power generation are the first to shout 'we haven't seen light for days now'. How were you to see light when you've taken to vandalisation as profession.

You want utopia, but have sworn to disturb the hood, how's she to grow into even South Africa?

That's not fair to all these good people sir!

How many people are actually vandals? They are few, they even do a lot of damage but it's not enough to generalize broadly like that!

The number of actual vandals and implied ones we have in the country are in the 0.0000001% percentile of the population. We have real issues here and we need real solutions to them. Anyway, I see ur point sha. Those guys need stiffer penalties when caught or they won't desist.

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by nortcentrallord(m): 8:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
Have you blamed Gej today?
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by malton: 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
chachanga:

That's not fair to all these good people sir!

How many people are actually vandals? They are few, they even do a lot of damage but it's not enough to generalize broadly like that!

The number of actual vandals and implied ones we have in the country are in the 0.0000001% percentile of the population. We have real issues here and we need real solutions to them. Anyway, I see ur point sha. Those guys need stiffer penalties when caught or they won't desist.

God Bless Nigeria!
And God bless you too, for your objectivity!

I'm not in anyway alluding that everyone else is a vandal, that would make nonsense of my claim. Something even I wouldn't accept.

My point is, sometimes, we condone misdeeds sweeping it all under the carpet only to turn around and blame it all on the govt.

We look the other way when properties are being destroyed or vandalized, because the vandals 'na our own'. How are we to get anywhere at all with such mentality? Monies that should have been used elsewhere ends up being used to fix the same facilities over time.

90% of Nigerians are not in this category, but the negativity of the minority 10% impacts on us all. It takes just a few people, a matchbox, and dynamite to pull power generation back down to 2000 megawatts.

Issue is, they are shielded by the very same people bearing the brunt! That's my drift, sir. Thank you!
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by marksonteewhy: 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nawah ooooo, buh I no knw if na yankee me dey for my area oooo cos for d past 5days wey I don reach aos, light dey contact K ni and if them take am, na 20 seconds or 1mnt them go bring am back. Na for ibadan ring road I dey talk abt, fodacis area. And I travelled to osun yesterday came back today, light no even blink off till I come back. As d megawatt dey drop, lite dey dey constant for here. Abeg make d tin dey drop dey go joooooorrr. Na part of change be dat!!!
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by tomakint: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
SleekAboki:
PassingShot Gbawe egift ngeneukwenu demdem omenka aresa arresa how far with light in your area? Hope you are enjoying the change? Progressives wants to hear your onspot epistles of change.

When will tinubu call out Fashola the rocket science minister of power?
Trust me that Fashola is one big scammer, give him 10 years as Minister of Power, he will still continue to give his usual excuses. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
I repeat FG should hands off power completely,if not we will keep on speaking grammer and dancing round in circles.
Quakertellicus1:

Why, thank you for such kind and nice words. You can disagree with me anytime....just in language suited to the occasion.

1.) FG has hands off power since 2014....the only thing it controls now is transmission and some aspects of generation.

2) States taking over generation is a good idea. All the govt needs to do is get rid of the idea that a state HAS to donate its powergenerated to the nation...and get peanuts in return.

But now that power HAS been privatized...that makes that rather impossible.

In other words....for your scenairo to work....the government has to take over power again. Not going to happen (APC did not oppose the GENCOS/DISCOS formation...and if they did now...they would, in the event of a takeover...be sued in court for breach of contract).

All in all....Increase generation, sort out transmission.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sunnycliff:
And yet, this is CHANGE! Who is more clueless: One who made us have a steady range of 4000 mw or one Who has given us less than #3000mw of steady electricity??

My annoyance is the type of words Fashola and Buhari were talking against the past Administration!

I am still looking for the Jet Explanation of this decreasing level of power supply daily as APC team insisted saying that 24/7 power supply is no rocket science!

Fashola wasn't thinking straight now he is feeling the heat
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sultanchidi:
bt wen d GEJ administration was crying out dat sabotage ar d reason 4 poor electricity supply, zombies like u were shouting ontop of their voices. Now u know how it feels 4 u 2 b working and another ingrate destroying ur effort
Abeg tell dem because they didn't know what he was experiencing.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Temidayo9:
i hope APC was manufactured by a foreigner. They re not Nigerians. Pls remove political sentiments in ur eyes
Isn't he saying the truth? what have they achieve since they took over if not propaganda and nepotism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Even if the rains come ,it still means 6000MW...which means everyone gets power for 13 hours a day.

Lipstick on a member of the porcine specie is still lipstick on a member of the porcine species.

For Nigeria to be happy...we have to be able to generate 10000MW without rain. (This is where someone has to yell at past governments for flaring gas...instead of using it for power. Even Bill Clinton commented about the waste several years ago).

Yeah. The past government didn't take power serious even though there were saboteur
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Emmysky(m): 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
1)fuel scarcity
2)economic breakdown
3)low power generation but yet see NEPA bill i see this month #15000 for 2 hours light everyday
WHATISTHISCOUNTRYTURNINGINTO
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
bgates:

[size=15pt]this Nairaland members you mentioned don't even stay in Nigeria. Shocking but true
They live in other countries like USA n UK
They comment only and they are not on ground to feel the pains
[/size]
Really!
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by omorttee4u(m): 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
grin
winilove:
fine smiley

I like your dp . You precisely grin
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Demallcrazy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
optional1:
I tire 4 dis country oooo.

No light since ystdy.
No fuel 4 town to buy 4 gen.
Celebrating Easter wit heat.

Na wa ooo!

My country needs alot of prayers!
And u urself needs special deliverance!

Wen light was constant 24/7, u didn't come online to rant until sabouterin brodas 4rm across d niger started misbehavin.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
pendusky:

My Dad had a library full of 1980's news watch magazine, I read how Buhari almost crippled Nigeria Economy before IBB overthrown him! tell me how you expect me to do that.
Lol ,I think the guy is dullard .Nigerians are in hell

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Since buhari took over somebody please tell me what had rise? Everything seems to be falling and falling down way too fast.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by ascek(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
ezelos:
. Guy, you funny die.

But na true na.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by yaki84: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
falconey:
What da F this is truly change .

Power generation will rise today fall tomorrow.
Fuel price will rise today fall tomorrow.
The exchange rate will rise today fall tomorrow.

This country is more predictable than bet9ja.

the country is moving upandan
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by yaki84: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
malton:
Until we the masses start to play our part, fairly constant electricity will continue to elude us.

The same people sabotaging the little efforts government is making to increase power generation are the first to shout 'we haven't seen light for days now'. How were you to see light when you've taken to vandalisation as profession.

You want utopia, but have sworn to disturb the hood, how's she to grow into even South Africa?

which efforts from which govt?
who dey vandalise the pipes n what r the army, jtf doing?
abi the new sheriff no sabi work again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ozo Nwabueze Okafor Is Dead (APGA Acting National Chairman) / President Buhari Orders Military Crackdown On Banditry In Zamfara / Senate Passes Bill Recognising June 12 As Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.