Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW (15961 Views)

Power Generation Drops To 3,050MW / Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by yaki84: 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
the best thing is for the fg to remove electricity from transmission to distribution from its exclusive list.
states shud be allowed to generate, transmit n distribute their power.
like my state akwaibom, we hv a power plant that generates up to 181 mw of power, n am sure akwaibom as a whole dont need up to that capacity. so at the end we will have some excess of more than 40mw which can be sold to other states.
anything short of this, wwe will still be running in cycle.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Zikkydon(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
GETS CHEAP AND ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE TO ELECTRICITY .
Get up to 24hrs of uninterrupted electricity with flexibility through the installation of solar panels And Inverter system both for your office and your home Appliances.With solar system and inverter say goodbye to Generator / PHCN problem.

CONTACT US TODAY @ suite 17 & 24 sawara shopping complex, Behind kollington plaza oke- ado market Ibadan.
Showroom @ Shop 48 TruckMaster Complex Soka Junction Ibadan. OR
Call +234(0)8133458995, 08127013881, 08066070219
Email: zictech_electric@yahoo.com

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Ndeewonu: 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
NO FUEL
NO ELECTRICITY
NO WATER
NO FOOD (FOOD ITEMS HAVE GONE UP)
COST OF LIVING HAS SKY-ROCKETED
INFLATION NOW 11.5% FROM 8%
NIGERIA NOW THE MOST CORRUPT NATION, FROM 40TH POSITION
INTEREST RATE HAS SUDDENLY GONE UP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Iamthoney(m): 10:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
patrickjose:
God help us b4 we get total darkness one day
it been 5days straight without power in my hood
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Mamog(m): 11:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
When GEJ awarded the contract to Local vigilante and private security companies to protect our oil pipelines they called him clueless, ineffectual buffon ogogoro drinker etc. The job only ran for 3 months (March- June2015) and it was quite successful despite the lies by APC at that time that billions was paid till now not a dime was paid.
They told us that once the new sheriff comes in the Nigerian military will protect the lines. Abeg where the new sheriff? Why are the lines still being vandalised? Nigeria belongs to all of us if you don't have better idea don't destroy the little one we hav with propaganda because u want power. Now you have power, Military but things are not getting better.
God bless GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Mrnolly22: 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
let's blame gej

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by callJesu: 12:45am On Mar 28, 2016
No wonder guys are leaving the country day after day.... No wasting of time... As things are not working... However I believe we shall all overcome at the end and we shall rejoice....

Check my signature on how to naturally solve infertility problems that pertain to men and women and like...
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by MarkSole: 12:59am On Mar 28, 2016
[size=16pt]Drop or no drop, the DISCOs want to make a handsome profit. Eko Electricity Distribution Plc(EKEDP), billed me ₦50,000.00 in March 2016, for a 4-bedroom residence, based solely on estimated consumption figures. Robbery in broad daylight[/size]
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by ClintonDal(m): 6:35am On Mar 28, 2016
malton:
Until we the masses start to play our part, fairly constant electricity will continue to elude us.

The same people sabotaging the little efforts government is making to increase power generation are the first to shout 'we haven't seen light for days now'. How were you to see light when you've taken to vandalisation as profession.

You want utopia, but have sworn to disturb the hood, how's she to grow into even South Africa?
Please kindly go and keep watch at the supposed vandalized pipelines. You sit at home and watch ChannelsTV and think you know what's wrong with Nigeria.
We are all the problem. The Government, the people all need to put the country first. There is a saying in the US that goes, ' Before anything else I am first an American'. Anytime I hear this I feel very pained and sad. In 2019 we will still fall for the same change crap and maybe vote KOWA into power and you'll see how these PDP and APC miscreants will go cross carpeting again.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by MikeB3(m): 6:48am On Mar 28, 2016
What do you expect when you are governed by a party full of deceitful individuals!
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by chiefobdk(m): 7:25am On Mar 28, 2016
enlightenedmind:

Of course it has dropped. I am even surprised it still at 2000+. This is because buhari is chasing western powers out. So we have to begin refining our oil, and generating our power ourselves. Not china, Not america, not british companies, but Nigerian companies. More will drop and take a down turn in the coming year, but they will start to quickly shapen up by 2018. What we need to be doing is helping out where we can rather than staying here campaigning for pdp loot.

did you try so hard to sound dumb abi e too easy to sound dis dumb.

u say buhari is chasing western powers.

u say we have to start refining and generating power ourselves..
(u did not state we have started) how d hell will things take shape 2018 wen the government is yet to make any policy on power.

I challenge you to tell me one thing this government have done. on the power issue
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by ollypass: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2016
tafrica:
God knows I will not celebrate it if in future new set of power generating plants are installed. What have we done with the plants we have? What is the maximum available power these plants can generate, how much power are they generating for now? What is/are the cause(s) of frequent drop in power generation? How can we optimize these plants to improve their efficiencies.

I want to believe the meagre 4,000MW we generate (which has recently dropped to about 2,000MW) is not the maximum our plants can bring us. Why aren't we looking in the direction of

addressing these periodic drops?

If this problem persists, bring countless power generating plants, they will suffer the same problems.

I most times get furious and tired of this country and ask if it's a taboo to enjoy something as basic as light and fuel.

Is Nigeria under a spell?

not under a spell but under an evil cabal whose continual evil horde of wealth is dependent on Nigerians not havingbasic amenities like fuel and light.coupled with a rotten judiciary. yeah thats whay we under.
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by nike4love: 10:02am On Mar 28, 2016
The power is below 2050mw
yet zombie are clamouring for govt to ban all import so that the goods will be produced locally in a country with over 300 million population , struggling to maintain 2035mw of powerz. Hahahaha the stupidity of Nigerians is laughable..
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by TheAlchemist: 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
MY friend SHARAP!!! The solution is to remove Electricity from the exclusive list. FG should hands off power and let states solve their power issues. States like Lagos ,Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kano, Niger can provide 247 power to their residents.

You made a valuable contribution, but there was no need for the insult! Ok i understand it is the heat as there is no light to power your generator, sms your address, i might konga you a litre of petrol grin
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by onionsbeans12: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Deen77:

If Jonathan perform, who we vote Buhari, Jonathan was so blessed by God Crude at $120/$140.

Please tell me.
Go and read your grammar again
Re: Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
It pains me more than anything else in this country that we can't just do simple sensible things and some people will be speaking Big Big grammer to justify governments position.

Even Gaza generates more electricity than this sheeiithole called Nigeria.

Mark my words, 2019 will come and go and we will still be talking about 2000 to 4000 magawats,we will still have fuel queues, yeye roads and massive unemployment.

TheAlchemist:

You made a valuable contribution, but there was no need for the insult! Ok i understand it is the heat as there is no light to power your generator, sms your address, i might konga you a litre of petrol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Won’t ‘Calm Down', Nigeria Must Breathe By David Edremoda / Senator Urhoghide: Civil Servants Steal Nigeria’s Wealth Not Politicians / "Ikoyi Whistle-Blower Will Be Paid This Month" – Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.