Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Preparing For PTE? Get In Here - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (106664 Views)

SUV Crushes 23-Year-Old EBSU Graduate Preparing For NYSC In Lagos / PTE & Ieits Which Is Easier / Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by ogbevireo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
What is going on with the PTE centres in Nigeria? It seems the number of centres have been reduced.
We now have centres only in Lagos and Abuja. This makes it quite difficult to assess the exams for many candidates.
Does anyone know what is going on?
There used to be a centre in Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kaduna.

PEARSON PLEASE HELP WITH MORE CENTRES.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by FourModules: 6:17am On Nov 26, 2019
IF you want PTE Practice Test or Official Scored Mock Test, are all available here at FourModules. Those who don't buy Tests at high prices, FourModules is the best option for them. FourModules Provide PTE Practice Test and Mock Test at a low price.

PTE PRACTICE TEST
https://www.fourmodules.com/pte

OFFICIAL SCORED PTE MOCK TEST
https://www.fourmodules.com/

I request the admin of this thread, to guide all the new members for the free PTE Practice Test as well as Mock Test which helped all the students to ace the exam.
All the best!
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by ogbevireo(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
Thanks to @Bamz for the info, I paid for my PTE at the official price and with ease. If you want to make payments for PTE, just use a Zenith bank MasterCard. It was a seamless transaction.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by upengineer: 10:24am On Nov 27, 2019
ogbevireo:
Thanks to @Bamz for the info, I paid for my PTE at the official price and with ease. If you want to make payments for PTE, just use a Zenith bank MasterCard. It was a seamless transaction.

How much did PTEA charged you on that card? Is the card zenith naira master card?
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by ogbevireo(m): 11:52am On Nov 27, 2019
upengineer:

How much did PTEA charged you on that card? Is the card zenith naira master card?
The charge was #46,370, yes it was a Zenith Bank MasterCard. This is the card they issue for normal accounts, so nothing special, it is just that Zenith allows DCC.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Olaideelect: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
ogbevireo:
What is going on with the PTE centres in Nigeria? It seems the number of centres have been reduced.
We now have centres only in Lagos and Abuja. This makes it quite difficult to assess the exams for many candidates.
Does anyone know what is going on?
There used to be a centre in Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Kaduna.

PEARSON PLEASE HELP WITH MORE CENTRES.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Olaideelect: 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
highway007:
I tried to register for pte online and I can't find Ibadan test center there. Is it that pte center is no longer available in Ibadan?

Same here bro..... I don't think the Ibadan centre still exists. I am considering Lagos now.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by yungmin: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
ogbevireo:

Are you sure about this? From the mail GTB sent to me after my naira card was rejected, they said it was a CBN policy stopping them from accepting the random forex exchange payment .
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by ogbevireo(m): 2:57am On Dec 24, 2019
yungmin:

Are you sure about this? From the mail GTB sent to me after my naira card was rejected, they said it was a CBN policy stopping them from accepting the random forex exchange payment .

They sent me a similar mail too. It has to do with DCC.

You can pay with a Zenith card. I didn't even open a Zenith account, I simply transferred money to a colleagues card and did my payment.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by ogbevireo(m): 3:00am On Dec 24, 2019
Olaideelect:

Same here bro..... I don't think the Ibadan centre still exists. I am considering Lagos now.

Had to travel over five hours from Warri to Lagos to sit the exam. The associated stress is becoming top much with the reduction in the spread of centres across Nigeria.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by yungmin: 10:16am On Dec 24, 2019
ogbevireo:

They sent me a similar mail too. It has to do with DCC.

You can pay with a Zenith card. I didn't even open a Zenith account, I simply transferred money to a colleagues card and did my payment.

Okay, thanks
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Ijomobi(m): 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
Anyone with pte voucher and mock test voucher should please dm me or quote me...
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Ijomobi(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2019
please guys I would like to know which exam is easier to pass between PTE & IELTS.
school required (59 for PTE) & 5.5 for (IELTS).
I have little time to practice before taken the exam.
Please help a brother make decision.
Thanks
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by MikeyBlanco: 11:27am On Jan 02, 2020
The PTE is now accepted as an official requirement for work and study visas in the UK. The agreement is good for a minimum of 3 years. If you have been considering the UK as your ideal place of work, then this year is the perfect time to review and take the exam.

You can find many free online resources to help you improve your English speaking, reading and writing. Swoosh English regularly updates their blog with lessons on specific sections of the PTE: https://pte.swooshenglish.com/blog/

Their Youtube channel also has very helpful videos with actual UK English teachers. If you are just about to take the PTE, these videos will walk you through the different sections of the test and make you more prepared: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiacyxyhmLWTtxBRalcCGaQ

Good luck with your review and I hope you find these links useful!

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by kamal4512: 11:36am On Jan 23, 2020
hi, here is a blog that suitable for your niche.
The key of success in PTE is Preparation, Practice and consistency. It is all about your handwork and skills. This article says to polish your article through and get the desire score. Before starting PTE Exam Preparation
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by adam2611(m): 11:06am On Feb 04, 2020
I gave 3 attempts to get 79+ in all sections. Here’s how I changed my strategy every time to crack this. Loads of suggestions have already been provided above. Mine is to boost your confidence as I’m one of the many who fails to make its first attempt.

got 75 in my first attempt R67, L82, S79, W75 - purely depended on PTE GURUS( Succeed in Your Exam )for preparation. Those who are targeting for 65+, I think this is the site, which you should land on rather than googling how to get more than 65+ in my first attempt.

after a big break, 8 months, I gave another attempt and got 75 again, unlucky me. This time I’ve noticed that there’re tons of material online where you can get many sample questions and strategies to crack. My reading and Speaking went up, and writing came down. R73, L79, S82, W67 - My failure was pure because of spellings. I got 41 in spellings. holy crap what mistake did I do ?? I blindly followed many online materials without actually practicing them. Did Spellings stop me from getting 79 ?? May be !! so be careful.

Finally, a friend of mine did his best analysis on how the scoring is done in PTE and guided me to be careful in important sections, I’ll be listing them down. This time i was very careful about spellings and grammar. i reread every word i wrote. I used commas and full stops where ever I can. I didn’t use a single tough word, just like what I’ve avoided in writing this. This time, I got L90, S90, W86, R81- Overall 88. Spellings and grammar were the main scoring points. There’s enough online practice or mock tests for practice and make yourself comfortable with question types. this should help you meet your target.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Nonny100: 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
Does anyone have plans of taking the PTE soon? Please let's practice together. I had my first attempt on Wednesday and had 52, my speaking was poor.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by TrophyC: 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hello everyone, I aced my PTE... See result... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TbGmtmWEUc

Above �is the essay template I used to score 90 in writing.
The link is for all those who find it difficult writing PTE essays within the short time allocated during the Exam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiSMXtC8HPM&t=45s

In the link above� ... I have decided to unpack all the tips and tricks I used to ace the test without buying any PTE textbooks or investing in PTE mock tests/classes.

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Jackelony(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Nonny100:
Does anyone have plans of taking the PTE soon? Please let's practice together. I had my first attempt on Wednesday and had 52, my speaking was poor.

I am preparing to write the exam in 2months time. You didn't leave your location. We can practice together if you're in Abuja.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Jackelony(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
TrophyC:
Hello everyone, I aced my PTE... See result... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TbGmtmWEUc

Above �is the essay template I used to score 90 in writing.
The link is for all those who find it difficult writing PTE essays within the short time allocated during the Exam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiSMXtC8HPM&t=45s

In the link above� ... I have decided to unpack all the tips and tricks I used to ace the test without buying any PTE textbooks or investing in PTE mock tests/classes.

Congrats, you have done well.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by mamatwiny(f): 2:18am On Mar 03, 2020
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by searchvearch: 8:44am On Mar 11, 2020
Dwebb55:
My appreciation to everyone especially the one that started the thread and black orange that responded to my queries. I sat for my PTE recently using the materials here and my results came out very good; reading 90, writing 90, listening 89 and speaking 83.

What did I do? I downloaded the materials and tried the first exercise. I found it scary at first and then I proceeded to learn online via YouTube. The particular series that i learnt and practiced their methods was by E2learning by a facilitator named Jay. You can get there by typing pte exam practice with Jay and it should pop up.

If you follow his steps and then practice with the links above, I'm assured that you should do well.

Once again, thanks for all the assistance.

Visit for Best IELTS Institute in Ludhiana.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by TrophyC: 11:39am On Mar 14, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLTVIAneqcs
Imagine you just found out that the PTE centre you plan to write in have been closed and your exam cancelled... What would you do?
Watch, and share... To help yourself and help others.
Check the link above to never miss the latest update that can change you life.
Free Advice: please stop the procrastination. Take your PTE as soon as you can because Pearson has stopped PTE testing for now in some countries due to the Coronavirus outbreak... So write while the centres in your country are still open.
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by opelinho(m): 1:00am On Mar 15, 2020
Please. How do I get to bellaz education services from ikeja
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by Kess2020: 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jackelony:

I am preparing to write the exam in 2months time. You didn't leave your location. We can practice together if you're in Abuja.

Hello jacke how are you going about with the pte preparation?
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by TrophyC: 11:28am On Mar 17, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN-4MiO_9jw

This simple tick is for all those who need ace PTE SWT every single time without wasting time reading the passage...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by mamatwiny(f): 4:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
donpaulo44:
Looking for the official PTE practice booklet and CD please send a DM if you're in Abuja. I got it at 15k and will give it out for 8k.
Do you still have this?
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by mamatwiny(f): 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
Azy123:
Hi all, Any one with good news recently on this PTE test ( mock or real ) to motivate the rest of us.

I was able to achieve 77 in MOCK speaking after some preparation. Going for the real thing next week. Preparation continues with some luck we will get there.

Please share your methods lets help ourselves. The following links are very helpful -

A video on pronunciation introduce to me by a friend: - Teaching Pronunciation: Seven Essential Concepts with Judy B. Gilbert

https://www.soundsofenglish.org/stress--intonation

http://www.manythings.org/e/pronunciation.html

http://www.learning-english-online.net/pronunciation/stress-and-intonation/

http://www.fluentu.com/blog/english/how-to-improve-english-pronunciation/
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by mamatwiny(f): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by TrophyC: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by mamatwiny(f): 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
Dwebb55:
My appreciation to everyone especially the one that started the thread and black orange that responded to my queries. I sat for my PTE recently using the materials here and my results came out very good; reading 90, writing 90, listening 89 and speaking 83.

What did I do? I downloaded the materials and tried the first exercise. I found it scary at first and then I proceeded to learn online via YouTube. The particular series that i learnt and practiced their methods was by E2learning by a facilitator named Jay. You can get there by typing pte exam practice with Jay and it should pop up.

If you follow his steps and then practice with the links above, I'm assured that you should do well.

Once again, thanks for all the assistance.
Nice one
Re: Preparing For PTE? Get In Here by TrophyC: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e77uUuYR9mQ

Prepare for PTE from home with this video...

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Ugly Britain / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.