Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson (746 Views)

Buhari's Minister Buys N280m Property In Abuja, Says He Took A Loan From Bank.. / We’ll Consult Wide Before Approving ECOWAS-EU Free Trade Deal—buhari / "It Is NOT True That Nigerians Are Suffering" - Buhari's Spokesperson. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by sayyid(m): 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party on Saturday alleged that the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, made a total of N280m dealing in forex.
On its Twitter handle, @PdpNigeria, the party stated that Shehu was assisted in the deal by the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Godwin Emefiele.
However, in a swift reaction, the spokesman to Buhari denied the allegation.
“FLASH: Garba Shehu got $800,000 forex at N185 from CBN on the instructions of Emefiele, CBN governor and sold at N350 on the same day,” the PDP tweeted.
However, Shehu in a disclaimer posted on his Facebook wall on Saturday stated that he was not a forex trader, threatening to sue anyone behind the social media handle.
“It is a lie by PDP to say I bought $800,000 from the CBN. I had only two forex purchases since coming into government: Eight thousand Dollars ($8,000) sent to my daughter and nephews through United Bank for Africa. This is verifiable.
“I’m not a forex trader. The day I choose to start trading in forex, I will resign as a presidential spokesman. If I know the coward and psychopath behind the official PDP handle, I will launch a defamation suit against him or her. And I will claim money in millions as damages,” Buhari’s spokesman said.
Efforts to get the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, to comment on the tweet were unsuccessful as his phone indicated it was switched off.
SUNDAY PUNCH was however able to speak with his deptuy, Abdullah Jalo, who said he could not say whether the tweet officially originated from the party or not.
“I am in my hometown at the moment. I am not at the national secretariat of our party. I cannot say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ for now,” Jalo said in a telephone chat with our correspondent.
The Twitter handle also accused wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, of collecting “$22m from the CBN on the instruction of Emefiele and the company sold at N362 same day”.
Reacting to the allegation, the wife of the President said in a series of tweets, “This is grounds for a lawsuit on defamation of character.
“Making false and unfounded allegations without proof just to incite Nigerians on social media is wrong.
“Mrs. Aisha Muhammadu Buhari is not a dealer of forex. She has not and will never be involved in any illegal dealings.”

www.punchng.com/i-didnt-make-n280m-from-forex-deal-buharis-spokesperson/
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by Decibel: 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Save your explanations for security agents cheesy
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by Sasuwa(f): 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Apc= lies and denials

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by Decibel: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Buhari surrounds himself with sycophants and incompetent people - Ango Abdullahi(March 2016)
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by Kraspo(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Decibel:
Buhari surrounds himself with sycophants and incompetent people - Ango Abdullahi(March 2016)

PDP and their propaganda
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by Tunami(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
oga garba you dont need to deny it, because the zombies on nairaland have already do that for you.
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by Tunami(m): 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
oga garba you dont need to deny it, because the zombies on nairaland have already done that for you.
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by dustmalik: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lies and propaganda will never bring back PDP to power.
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by SleekAboki: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Great!!!! it's now on a national daily with wider coverage. Let buhari Aisha and APC hypocrisy be discussed in all news stand thereby spreading the gospel to all corners of Nigeria.

PDP has suddenly gone from blame guy, victim and defensive to an offensive attack mode. They should increase the tempo and also learn to use proxy in releasing damming reports on APC cos that's the only way zombies won't have any foundation to counter.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by McCarlito(m): 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Decibel:
Guy see Buhari for ur back

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by dikeigbo2(m): 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nothing is new,...if they benefit as others benefited before heaven no go fall....so no need denying.
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by disloman(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
These goats are not worthy of the attention been given by the presidency.We know their sense of reasoning is shameful.I view the PDP as used tissue papers.They are worthless.
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by drss(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
APC govt of thieves by thieves for thieves.
[b]-dem say Goodluck Jonathan na clueless man, yet fuel boku for him administration.
-dem say Goodluck looted nigeria dry, yet moni dey flow brekete for him tenure.
-dem say GEJ na ineffectual bufon, yet power supply increase under him leadership.
-dem say GEJ na kindergarden president, yet naija turn biggest economy in africa under him reign.
-dem say Goodluck no get experience, yet under him govt, foreign investors dey compete for naija.
-dem say Goodluck too corrupt, yet transparency intl rated naija low for corruption under him govt.
-dem say GEJ too weak, yet baba OBJ vex tear him PDP card because of GEJ.
D
-dem say GEJ too incompetent, yet employment n job generation through agriculture n manufacturing under him govt is second to none.
-dem say GEJ no sabi lead, yet him conduct d most transparent general election for naija history.

Buari.
-dem say buari get economic master plan, yet foriegn investors abandon naija.
-dem say buari no go tolerate corruption, yet him cabinet ministers na corrupt pipul.
-dem say buari get experience, yet him waste 6 months to appoint ministers.
-dem say buari na visionary man, yet fuel scarcity n umemployment yakata every wia.
-dem say buari go block leakages, yet him govt officials dey round trip foreign currency for cbn.
-dem say buari na honest man, yet him no fit conduct elections.
-dem say buari na democrat, yet him dey violate due process n rule of law.
-dem say buari get certificate, yet fuel queues boku for naija.
-dem say buari na man of intergrity, yet him budget na definition of corruption.
-dem say buari go find chibbok girls in two weeks, yet one year after inaguration buari say him no know wia chibbok girls dey.
my pipul if buari na wetin dem talk, why naija citizens dey suffer like dis If GEJ na clueless man as dem talk, how come naija experience beta development under him tenure[/b]
Re: I Didn’t Make N280m From Forex Deal – Buhari’s Spokesperson by Sctests: 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Horrible easter for Garba shehu i guess. Tommorow's news headlines will be damning for him and Aisha. grin

(1) (Reply)

Counter Thread To The Thread "Wole Soyinka's Woeful Silence" / Ripples Over Bayelsa Cp’s Letter To Dickson / Is This Picture True About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.