Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother (1248 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Spent 16 Years In Prison For Crime He Didn't Commit, Released / Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby / Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by McCarlito(m): 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2016

The General Overseer of New Wine ministries, Nonnie Robertson, was at the Suleja prison over the weekend to celebrate her birthday and help people who committed petty crimes get bail.

During her visit, Robertson who is also the President of Nigerian Women in Clergy said she observed that children as young as 8 months old were seen incarcerated alongside their parents which she claimed isn’t right and should be looked into. See her quote below;

There is an eight-month-old baby in this prison. I asked myself why? What was the crime? The mother is incarcerated! And you know what it means for a child to grow up in prison environment where there is no good food, no clothing, no baby food, and no good medical care. Is a child who grows up in that kind of environment not condemned for life?
“I was really shocked when I saw the eight
month-old-baby. The woman lives on dry food, that is, garri that outsiders provide for
them. They don’t give them food. They depend on what people take to them. That is
what they share among them and they drink
garri even in the morning with little or no
sugar. You can just imagine! There are many
children living in this condition in Nigerian prisons but people would not know. There are issues. I weep for this country”.
"I always like to do things differently. I heard about what I could describe as ‘forgotten’ victims in Nigerian prisons; though I didn’t take it seriously because I was not led by the spirit; I prayed over it and few, days to my birthday, God asked me to visit prisons. The first prison that came to my mind was Kuje prison, because, ignorantly, I thought that was the only prison around. But we later went to Suleja prison and we met inmates whose cases were poverty-driven crimes. Some are there serving jail terms with the options of N5, 000 to N15, 000 fines but they can’t afford it and nobody to help. This is why I call them the ‘forgotten victims’.
“We have people that have looted billions of
naira in this country, yet they have their
freedom and sailing around the world. This
is sad”.

Source: http://xsouth.com/eight-month-old-baby-remanded-in-federal-prison-for-crime-committed-by-the-mother/

Cc: lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by petkoffDrake(m): 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
Happens Only in Zoo... angry
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
GAWD
TAKE ME AWTA HERE
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by uzoormah(m): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Arise zoo companshun Nigeria skul lobey
no be small skul lobey..
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by McCarlito(m): 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
GAWD TAKE ME AWTA HERE
Where do u want him to take u to
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
McCarlito:

Where do u want him to take u to
.CANADA
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by McCarlito(m): 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
.CANADA
U wan run leave naija for who
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
McCarlito:

U wan run leave naija for who
.UNA
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by Okorieikechukwu(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Which prison is dat?
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by McCarlito(m): 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by McCarlito(m): 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by Flexherbal(m): 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
Can't the government take care of children like that until their parents are out of prison?
Re: Eight Month Old Baby Remanded In Federal Prison For Crime Committed By Mother by MRBrownJ: 12:14am On Mar 28, 2016
if there isnt any family member/friend ready and willing to take care of the child, then let it stay with their mother until it is of sound age to go to an orphanage. the important age old question of HOW LONG SHOULD A MOTHER BREASTFEED HER CHILD

Flexherbal:
Can't the government take care of children like that until their parents are out of prison?

isnt it what the gov is actually doing?! lol

(1) (Reply)

Man Butchers Fellow Man, And Pack Him In A Bag. Photos Attached / Women Stripped Unclad By Ugandan Soldiers Following Gunfight In Kasese District / Hired Assassins Kill Businesswoman In Edo, Two Suspects Arrested (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.