Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby (26030 Views)

Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed / Mastermind Of Orekoya Kids Kidnapped By Nanny, Arrested 3 Years Later / Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by bigfrancis21: 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
A Nigerian woman Oluremi Oyindasola, 66, of Glenarden, Maryland working as a nanny has been arrested and has been charged with second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse resulting in death and other offenses after police said she force fed an eight-month-old baby girl who then later died.

Prince George's County Police said Wednesday, a home surveillance system recorded Oyindasola taking a nap when the crying infant, eight-month-old Enita Salubi, approached her in a toddler walker.

According to Police, Oyindasola unsuccessfully tried to feed the child, then when she got frustrated with the infant not wanting to eat, she 'proceeded to pour a large amount of white liquid directly inside the victim's mouth'.
Col. Harry Bond with Prince George's County Police said:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-huSzaU7YK5M/WBGSxfpt9hI/AAAAAAAAGBc/ZU-0gGKaphMrVq0Dp08r7IL_97Y3TBq8gCLcB/s320/1a7.png[/img]

'She forcefully poured the two bottles of what looks to be milk down the baby's mouth, causing her to not be able to breathe, suffocating her, and eventually she died at the hospital.'

The Police also released a press statement which read:
'On October 24th, at about 4.10pm, the baby had been rushed to a hospital after she became unresponsive at home. 'She was pronounced dead a short time later. An autopsy on Tuesday revealed the baby’s cause of death was asphyxiation.

The manner of death was ruled a homicide. 'The preliminary investigation revealed the injuries to the baby occurred while in the sole care and custody of Oyindasola.' Oyindasol 'is in the custody of the Department of Corrections,' the release said.
Oyindasola, is being held on $1million bond.

http://www.gisthit.com/2016/10/nigerian-nanny-arrested-for-killing.html

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by amuijiji: 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
Force fed kwa

They should come to Nigeria nd see how our women force down Akamu down the throat of their babies..

Some even use hand moulded funnel to feed their babies..

It's quite unfortunate the kid died, she had no intention of killing the baby.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by eezeribe(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
OK
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by ibroh22(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
NCAN,,,over to you

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 19, 2016
This has foiled my plans of bringing a good auntie to watch over my pikin. sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by chriskosherbal(m): 1:26am On Nov 19, 2016
What a life...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by pinkycute(f): 2:20am On Nov 19, 2016
I never fancy the world "Nenny" angry

What a pity cry
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by bigfrancis21: 11:24am On Nov 20, 2016
Lalasticlala, front page please.
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Benjom(m): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2016
amuijiji:
Force fed kwa

They should come to Nigeria nd see how our women force down Akamu down the throat of their babies..

Some even use hand moulded funnel to feed their babies..

It's quite unfortunate the kid died, she had no intention of killing the baby.

You took the words out of my mouth. That was how we were fed if we refused to eat and yet hungry. Perhaps, she'd done it successfully before this uneventful one. Quite unfortunate. If you're travelling out of this country be ready to adopt the system prevalent in such environment rather than forcing your 'culture' on them (My advice).

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by sukkottt: 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
this woman looks igbo. she is igbo

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by TINALETC3(f): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hw many times wl u guys post dis news undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by ChuzzyBlog: 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
OLUREMI OYINDASOLA

Lock her up and throw away the keys. They are good at disgracing us wherever they go.

This one even managed to get a job and she carried her mattrass and pillow along. Naturally Lazy people, If they are not stealing, being gay, committing incest, or raping they are getting drunk and becoming agberos.

22 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by truthspeaks: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
Name Checkers especially from Yoruba regions oya gbera.

Una ppl committing murder on international level.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
Recycled news
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
Wow
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nairadays: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hmmmmm, its a pity.

Mama working in the US just to make ends meet. What we Africans see as normal, oyinbo see as molestation and denial of human Right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by mmsen: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
Benjom:

You took the words out of my mouth. That was how we were fed if we refused to eat and yet hungry. Perhaps, she'd done it successfully before this uneventful one. Quite unfortunate. If you're travelling out of this country be ready to adopt the system prevalent in such environment rather than forcing your 'culture' on them (My advice).

This should be a reminder that many of the parental habits practised in Nigeria are simply wrong.

There's too much force and too much impatience when it comes to Nigerians and child rearing.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by BedLam: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Benjom:

Culture or not, what's wrong is wrong. As old as you are, can you comfortably sit and allow someone to force food down your throat ? People should learn how to emulate what's good and not have it lolling on culture that hasn't been scrutinized with educative tools.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by thonyrule(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
its been a while
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Holamidhe(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Name checked ... OUTTA here

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Truefederalism(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
embarassed

I just came to check name. 82 division commander reporting for duty.

Freeze come and see yeloba woman o. She's respectful and humane.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by truthspeaks: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oluremi Oyindasola sounds igbo too, don't u tink?
sukkottt:
this woman looks igbo. she is igbo

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by trademoore1: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
It seems like a cultural thing..here to force feed babies
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by baby124: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Why forcefeed children? I never understood it. It is a cultural thing, she needs to find good lawyers because I don't think she knew it was wrong. Or that she killed the child deliberately. Also that stretching and pulling of infants limbs is so wrong. You never know which child has bone problems. People need to be more careful and cautious when following cultural beliefs that are obviously unsafe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Princelegacylemoha(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Man's Inhumanity towards Humanity
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by seenter84: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Old news
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by sukkottt: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
truthspeaks:
Oluremi Oyindasola sounds igbo too, don't u tink?
fake name. she tryna make afonja look bad in america cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by osarenmwienda(f): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Rip baby...
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by Bantino(m): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
How person go employ this kind person as nanny?
Re: Nigerian Nanny Arrested For Killing Eight-month-old Baby by YourNemesis: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
re sentenced or wat?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Why I Kidnapped My Father In Oyo And Got N1m Ransom" – 20-Year-Old Son / Chinese Customs Seize Three Tonnes Of Pangolin Scales Imported From Nigeria / Customs Impounds 475 Rifles At Lagos Tin Can Port Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.