Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? (24298 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes / Non-Tithers Board: Church Publishes The Names Of Members Who Don't Pay Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2016
S247:
I think we should careless on how pastors spend tithes, but rather see it as obeying GOD's commandment and as a gateway to our BLESSINGS.

If that is the case, I think you should careless if people pay their tithe because they are responsible to their creator and not you nor the pastor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Harmored(m): 7:34am On Mar 28, 2016
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE FINDING IT DIFICULT TO PAY TITHES?,ONLY A TRUE BELIEVER OF CHRIST WILL PAY TITHE,SOME DONT BELIEVE IN TITHE,THERE IS NOTHING LIKE FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO PAY TITHE,IF THEY WANT TO PAY THEY PAY.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:34am On Mar 28, 2016
S247:
Why do people find it difficult to pay TITHES?

Because the people I know who do not pay their tithes are doing better than the tithers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:35am On Mar 28, 2016
Because we feel we are giving the tithes to Pastors and not God!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by shamecurls(m): 7:35am On Mar 28, 2016
As far as Nigeria is concerned, God understands. You only give out willingly when you have excesses and not when you re short-changed. Our God is a merciful God, He understands. When a man runs a family of 3 with 50k, then I bliv God does not need tithes from such man cos he is already aware of his predicaments'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by SirAfoy1(m): 7:35am On Mar 28, 2016
SUPERPACK:

Why do churches find it difficult to pay TAX?
tithers are paying Tax likewise Pastors why churches again
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Afroconnect: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2016
It's an old testament thing,since we are following new testament-i see no reason why pastor's will arm twist followers for thier money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by 4nobody4every1: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2016
cool
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Fadman4real(m): 7:36am On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:
Because God has nothing to show for all the money paid to him.
I mean, look at the universe, void and cold, no infrastructure, no easy way to get from galaxy A to galaxy B.

We need a probe of finances of the universe.

What are you saying?
Can you quantity what God has created?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by igdgreat(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2016
they really do not knw hw important it is to pay tithe.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by tottinova: 7:38am On Mar 28, 2016
Because we find it difficult to make money.
If we don't make money how are we gonna pay tithe??

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by sammieguze(m): 7:39am On Mar 28, 2016
Hmmmmm...

Personally, i will state three points.

1. Tithe was an old testament law. Except you don't mind me practising other old testament laws. It will interest you to know that there was never a place in the new testament where tithe was made compulsory. There is no account of people paying tithe in the new testament except the pharisees.

2. Levites who were the recipients of the tithe were full time servants of God. I mean, they have no other work but to minister unto God. And that was in the old testament. Come to the new testament, even apostle Paul himself worked to support himself and his ministry and wasn't waiting for tithe. The church thrived on donations towards the advancement of the work of God. Not the tithe of the poor brethren. And nowadays sef, most pastors are part time pastors. So, why the mandatory tithe again?

3. Finally, imagine someone with a family of four with an income of just 70k and still paying tithe to a man who has a university and other businesses. I mean, the pastors should fear God. Collecting tithe from widows and the poor with nothing but a promise o wealth and the gullible falling for that? No.... Am wiser.

Basically, it boils down to personal decisions though but for me, ll gladly give donations to church projects, pay good offerings afterall, even our Lord approved of offering by overseeing one of it. But tithe, ll rather use it to help the poor and needy around me than take it to church.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Harmored(m): 7:40am On Mar 28, 2016
Well,we are talking spiritually now not physical if BILLGATE likes he should not pay tithe till he dies he might still be the richest man on earth but when rapture occurs and people are been judge even a shoe cubbler might be highly respected in heaven than bill gate

Because the people I know who do not pay their tithes are doing better than the tithers.[/quote]
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by ceejay80: 7:40am On Mar 28, 2016
S247:
I owe no paster....
I only owe God by going to the orphanage homes and doing the needful, person no go use my money buy private jet

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Harmored(m): 7:40am On Mar 28, 2016
emmanuelewumi:

If that is the case, I think you should careless if people pay their tithe because they are responsible to their creator and not you nor the pastor.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 28, 2016
S247:
I think we should careless on how pastors spend tithes, but rather see it as obeying GOD's commandment and as a gateway to our BLESSINGS.
U have been brain washed sir.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by candyboy244(m): 7:40am On Mar 28, 2016
Annunaki:

Because tithes as it is preached today is derived by fraudulently twisting old testament scriptures that are not relevant to christianity to extort 10% of the income of believers. Christians are not meant to tithe angry
Stop smoking that shit, you say no....oya kontinu
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by plaetton: 7:41am On Mar 28, 2016
Fadman4real:

What are you saying?
Can you quantity what God has created?

That's part of my point.

Are we paying mortgage on the universe or are we paying better infrastructure in the universe?

I, since resting on the 7th day of creation, what exactly has he been up to?
What about maintenance ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by SOPIGO: 7:41am On Mar 28, 2016
The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.
The Bible’s direction Christians: “Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Afroconnect: 7:42am On Mar 28, 2016
Harmored:
Well,we are talking spiritually now not physical if BILLGATE likes he should not pay tithe till he dies he might still be the richest man on earth but when rapture occurs and people are been judge even a shoe cubbler might be highly respected in heaven than bill gate

Show me in the ten commandment where tithing is mentioned...Mr follow follow pastor,that pastor is a man like u.

Because the people I know who do not pay their tithes are doing better than the tithers.

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Harmored(m): 7:43am On Mar 28, 2016
Chai!!! PEOPLE ARE GETTING ALL THIS CONFUSED angry
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 28, 2016
paulGrundy come see food ooooo. somebody don come again oooo
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by vinceton: 7:46am On Mar 28, 2016
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)Tithe was mearnt for levithes bck in isreal, the apostles of Christ didn't celebrate it
Christ didn't tell his disciples to do so

Present day clergy use it to xploit their members

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 28, 2016
S247:
But we take a whole 90% while giving GOD ordinary 10%
god doesn't need ur money. D pastors spend it on cars houses jets schools etc. How is dat god

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Eddygourdo(m): 7:49am On Mar 28, 2016
Jesus came for the salvation of the world, he is interested in ur soul after death. He is interested in if you lived justly and loved thy neighbour as thy self. In his abundance of riches is he preparing an abode for the worthy. My brother jesus has no business with ur 10 percent. I will pay no tithe and if I am a just man, will go to heaven. Tithes and seed sowing is a manipulative gesture frauds use to fleece money from their members. This doesn't imply that one who chooses to pay should not. But I put it to you that it's not a necessity. It's a choice to pay your tithe or not to.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:53am On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:

That's part of my point.

Are we paying mortgage on the universe or are we paying better infrastructure in the universe?

I, since resting on the 7th day of creation, what exactly has he been up to?
What about maintenance ?
Sir, I know you may simply be mocking, but I'll answer your question.

God handed the earth to an agency he created: Man. Man was in charge of maintenance and management. Until the enemy came in. After that it was things fall apart. Man sought to dominate not just his environment but himself. And suffering was introduced into the world. But the way out has been established.

God has been up to executing his master plan ever since. Right now that involves agents and ambassadors of his plan scattered over the world and enlightening man on his universal way out and his provision of a perfect world in the near future.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by ibedun: 7:53am On Mar 28, 2016
Thieving pastors! And a dead GOD!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Maximus85(m): 7:54am On Mar 28, 2016
Because tithe in the Bible was never money. And Abraham paid it just once, and guess what, he didn't pay it with his own property but the spoils of the war which he won. Besides, the tribe of Levi were the only ones allowed to collect tithe. I'm wondering how these men became Levites today. God is patient.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Mavrick2012: 7:55am On Mar 28, 2016
S247:
i faithfuly tithed for eight straight years and was broke for eight straight years,until i began to add the 10% + my offerings to my investments.Today,am financially far better than when i was paying tithe and offerings.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by lonelydora: 7:56am On Mar 28, 2016
Op, please read Deuteronomy 14:26 before we talk.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 28, 2016
The tithe doctrine was fabricated to exthort funds from xtians, paying tithe won't guarantee ur financial security, its more blessed to give to the less privileged in society than to enrich an already rich pastor.

Giving your small earnings to a greedy rich pastor won't make you rich.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by donbiri: 7:57am On Mar 28, 2016
I use to pay before. .but I stopped for over a year ago. I am still researching on it..till then..
The Don is back..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) / "If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.