Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,584 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? (24297 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes / Non-Tithers Board: Church Publishes The Names Of Members Who Don't Pay Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 28, 2016
Annunaki:

Because tithes as it is preached today is derived by fraudulently twisting old testament scriptures that are not relevant to christianity to extort 10% of the income of believers. Christians are not meant to tithe angry
Why did you answer before me? You stole my candy. Now I don't know what answer again.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 28, 2016
Annunaki:

Because tithes as it is preached today is derived by fraudulently twisting old testament scriptures that are not relevant to christianity to extort 10% of the income of believers. Christians are not meant to tithe angry
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by lonelydora: 7:59am On Mar 28, 2016
S247:
I think we should careless on how pastors spend tithes, but rather see it as obeying GOD's commandment and as a gateway to our BLESSINGS.

I don't buy this idea. So members should leave in poverty while pastors enjoy himself in the latest cars and houses around town?

I don't pay tithe because of the way it is preached. Don't force me to bring cash when I can actually bring my farm produce.

Deuteronomy 14:26

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by AirmirthDY(f): 7:59am On Mar 28, 2016
Annunaki:

Are u by anymeans submitting that Christians are not meant to tithe?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by plaetton: 8:00am On Mar 28, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Sir, I know you may simply be mocking, but I'll answer your question.

God handed the earth to an agency he created: Man. Man was in charge of maintenance and management. Until the enemy came in. After that it was things fall apart. Man sought to dominate not just his environment but himself. And suffering was introduced into the world. But the way out has been established.

God has been up to executing his master plan ever since. Right now that involves agents and ambassadors of his plan scattered over the world and enlightening man on his universal way out and his provision of a perfect world in the near future.

Lol.
You make God sound like our APC government,.. Never taking responsibility, always blaming the other guy, plans and promised since day one.

In the mean time, the universe is in a state of collapse, diseases , wars and Bloodsheds, natural disasters.

All we asking for is to give us the UNICORN MEAT promised.
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Kingsley10000: 8:01am On Mar 28, 2016
MadCow1:
Because this is 2016 not the Old Testament

2. This is Nigeria in Africa not Israel..

3. God does not need your tithe.

4. Tithe is not money to God but rather money to Man.

5. Also because the Church does not pay taxes, meanwhile the priests of the old testament paid tithe on the tithes they received.

6. Jesus who is the basis of the Christian faith did not pay tithe but rather paid taxes.

7. Jesus commanded us to give to strangers and the needy around us not to give to the Church.

8. Jesus never asked us to pay tithes.

9. Dollar has gone up.

That's all..

Continu
alas! nairaland is full of unbelievers and atheist
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by AirmirthDY(f): 8:01am On Mar 28, 2016
divinehand2003:
Because many Nigerians are poor and they don't trust their pastors with their tithes. Many churches nowadays are more after your money than your salvation.
If you don't trust your pastor, why are you in his church?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Olasco93: 8:03am On Mar 28, 2016
Tithe is necessary and important.
The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke (Prov. 13:cool
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by jmann2(m): 8:04am On Mar 28, 2016
Why don't you keep the sabbath day holy?
Why don't you circumcise on the 8th day?
Why don't you keep all the other laws of God?
Why must you pay tithe and break sabbath?
Curse is everyone who does not do everything written in the book of law.
Well, we are not under law but under grace (Romans 6:14)

S247:
But we take a whole 90% while giving GOD ordinary 10%

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by abbeyafu(m): 8:05am On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:

That's part of my point.

Are we paying mortgage on the universe or are we paying better infrastructure in the universe?

I, since resting on the 7th day of creation, what exactly has he been up to?
What about maintenance ?

So, you wanna attribute the state of the universe to God's negligence? guy, cut that crap. I don't care if you are an atheist or not, but God has given human beings the needed wisdom to handle it's affairs (basic things of life) but Satan has planted hatred, greed and wickedness in the hearts of man which wouldn't allow us maximize our full potentials. God has always been faithful and Just since creation.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by jmann2(m): 8:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Because he went against your belief system, he is now an atheist.

Kingsley10000:

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by AirmirthDY(f): 8:07am On Mar 28, 2016
divinehand2003:
Because many Nigerians are poor and they don't trust their pastors with their tithes. Many churches nowadays are more after your money than your salvation.
Moreover, we shouldn't have the mindset that we are paying the tithe to our pastors but to God. It is God's commandment, not our pastor's. We should be less concerned about whatever they use the tithe for in as much as we have obey what God requires of us. It should be between us and God and not our pastors. We should try to view them as a means to an end.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by AirmirthDY(f): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2016
donholy28:
And also some churches use it as a bid to exploit members
Extort you mean?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by jmann2(m): 8:11am On Mar 28, 2016
Yet you break his sabbath and all his other laws , and you expect him to bless him because you pay tithe?
Keeping sabbath also brings divine blessings (Isaiah 58:13,14)
The Truth is that God doesn't bless you by law, rather, by faith in Christ (Ephesians 1:3)
S247:
For divine blessing.(Malachi 3:10)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by plaetton: 8:16am On Mar 28, 2016
abbeyafu:

So, you wanna attribute the state of the universe to God's negligence? guy, cut that crap. I don't care if you are an atheist or not, but God has given human beings the needed wisdom to handle it's affairs (basic things of life) but Satan has planted hatred, greed and wickedness in the hearts of man which wouldn't allow us maximize our full potentials. God has always been faithful and Just since creation.
Peace.
Yeah yeah yeah.

Blame the other guy, who, coincidentally, is not available to defend himself.

Hhhmm!

Where have we heard that before? undecided

It's like APC claiming that a Budget Mafia, allegedly installed by the previous govt., is responsible for the padded budget. grin

It's soooo easy to blame someone else, especially when that other person is invisible and imaginary.
undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by MadCow1: 8:19am On Mar 28, 2016
Kingsley10000:

I really?

How do you reckon?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by lastmessenger: 8:19am On Mar 28, 2016
Paying tithe is not necessary. No man has the right to tell you how to use your money.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by olami100(m): 8:20am On Mar 28, 2016
Harmored:
Well,we are talking spiritually now not physical if BILLGATE likes he should not pay tithe till he dies he might still be the richest man on earth but when rapture occurs and people are been judge even a shoe cubbler might be highly respected in heaven than bill gate

Because the people I know who do not pay their tithes are doing better than the tithers.

things one say because he has been brainwashed... bro religion has taken away your reasoning.. you suffer on earth but you go enjoy in heaven... I lafta you bro..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by atakamus: 8:20am On Mar 28, 2016
If you look at Oyahkilome, Oyedepo etc, you should have no choice than to advice yourself. A group of people will gather part of their income and give someone that is not that he calls himself pastor.
These niggas pastors keep getting rich while their members keep getting poor out if fear. Can man rob God policy keep working for the Oyahkilomes etc. Oya will fry his hair, speak like oyibo and eat people dry. God is alive. I can't fall for any of them. Nonsense question.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by UltimateDaniel(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2016
Read Open Heavens Devotional for free and with ease, all dates in the year at www.openheavensdaily.org
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by taiwo05(m): 8:22am On Mar 28, 2016
Easier for poor people to pay tithe than rich people
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by topdee(m): 8:25am On Mar 28, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Sir, I know you may simply be mocking, but I'll answer your question.

God handed the earth to an agency he created: Man. Man was in charge of maintenance and management. Until the enemy came in. After that it was things fall apart. Man sought to dominate not just his environment but himself. And suffering was introduced into the world. But the way out has been established.

God has been up to executing his master plan ever since. Right now that involves agents and ambassadors of his plan scattered over the world and enlightening man on his universal way out and his provision of a perfect world in the near future.

God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient: Why did God hand everything to Man when he knew the outcome already, irrespective of what Man decides God already knows. What is the point of existence when God knew there would be good and evil, even Man never asked to be created, so why blame Man.

Food for thought.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by MadCow1: 8:26am On Mar 28, 2016
AirmirthDY:

Moreover, we shouldn't have the mindset that we are paying the tithe to our pastors but to God. It is God's commandment, not our pastor's. We should be less concerned about whatever they use the tithe for in as much as we have obey what God requires of us. It should be between us and God and not our pastors. We should try to view them as a means to an end.

Naaa..

God didn't command us to pay tithes. He commanded the Israelites to do so.

That's why Jesus did not pay nor receive tithes.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by slyrone(m): 8:26am On Mar 28, 2016
S247:
churches involve in souls winning which make them non-profit making organizations
but in ur alleged church mind you know they make profit. even more than registered businesses

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:30am On Mar 28, 2016
taiwo05:
Easy for poor people to pay tithe than rich people

Find out from Dangote, Adenuga, Bill Gate, Otudeko, Otedola, Warren Buffet etc, they are touching lives through their businesses the employment opportunities they are creating can be termed as doing God's work.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by jmann2(m): 8:32am On Mar 28, 2016
His church?
Now I see.
It is his church and not Christ's church.
Bro, you are right.
AirmirthDY:

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by menxer: 8:35am On Mar 28, 2016
SUPERPACK:

Why do churches find it difficult to pay TAX?

That is an apt reply.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:37am On Mar 28, 2016
AirmirthDY:

That is why intelligent people do not attend HIS church, but OUR church where everyone is a stakeholder.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by Fadman4real(m): 8:38am On Mar 28, 2016
plaetton:

That's part of my point.

Are we paying mortgage on the universe or are we paying better infrastructure in the universe?

I, since resting on the 7th day of creation, what exactly has he been up to?
What about maintenance ?

Jesus said that our father in heaven works everyday.

I can't talk for those pastors, God doesn't have any need for our money, he has more gold and silver than the whole universe.

The world that God created is perfect and without faults. Everything is constructed to be self reliant, all in a cycle, it is so perfectly designed.

Mention one fault in His design of the universe. BTW am not supporting the tithe thing, when Jesus sent his disciples to go and preach, he said freely have you recieved freely you shall give.
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by akankemi1(f): 8:38am On Mar 28, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Why do churches find it difficult to pay TAX?
epic response. I like
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by MaziOmenuko: 8:40am On Mar 28, 2016
AirmirthDY:

No wahala, as long as it's between man and God, tell the pastor to stop preaching about it and threatning fire and brimstone on those that doesn't pay.

It's between man and God, man will decide best way to send his money to his God, either thru charity work or thru free will donations.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? by taiwo05(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2016
emmanuelewumi:

Find out from Dangote, Adenuga, Bill Gate, Otudeko, Otedola, Warren Buffet etc, they are touching lives through their businesses the employment opportunities they are creating can be termed as doing God's work.

Do u understand wot I wrote before quoting me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) / "If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.