Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,398 members, 7,958,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:46 AM

Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever (23523 Views)

Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More / Growing Up In Nigeria: This Is How Life Was In The 90’s Vs. How Life Is Today / If You Were Born In The 90's Good But If You Weren't... (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by eleshin(m): 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
90s is the Golden Era of music..... Chai!
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by victorazy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
80 and 90 was the best decades
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
Need a time machine,90 rocks
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by laksides: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
Okay
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by jojothaiv(m): 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
And those were the days hard work forever pays!

1 Like

Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
No fine big ass then tongue
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by orlarbissy(f): 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm OP naaaa true u talk oooooo
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by MilesLamar(m): 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
Not xe
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by sexymoma(f): 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Indomie and custard generation won't understand nor appreciate this!

Unfortunately 70% of them make up this NL
Make we for know say u don old so we go dey respect you ba....
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by Fiwasayo(f): 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
siegfried99:

Nice pix wink
Thank you smiley
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hehehe.... #Team90sBabies I'm a 90's kid born in early 90's. We rock ooo... Oh yeah!!! **I'm done... Lemme take my leave now** #smiles

safarigirl:
I was born in the 90's....that's enough to qualify it as the best decade ever. #90babiesrock we the coolest babies ever cool

1 Like

Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by babyfaceafrica: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
This indomie generation don miss I swear
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by NeuroBoss(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
Tu me fais me rappeller....
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by jamb20s: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
kkkk...

Download Free Video Of How To Make Million From Football Betting In A Month >>>>>

Download here >>
http://videocrat.xyz/sporttips.php
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by omoluabi100: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
What of the Cartoons: Incredible Hulk, Popeye, etc
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by akigbemaru: 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
90's era.
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by ItzTun3chi(m): 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
What Of 90's phones grin grin
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by judoskybj(m): 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
i love the 90's. .......

when you can tune in to nta and watch quality adverts... i love the multivite advert even though I called it mutilite smiley...

i loved the mama n papa plays. good chance to lay upon a gal....

i loved listening to tender love by force mds...

i loved buying kulikuli for one naira...

enjoyed bathing with the girls outside smiley

90's was the best...

1 Like

Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by kayceeD2(m): 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
I was opportuned to have a taste of the 80's and 90's and I must confess the 90's still remains the best ever. In fact, anytime I remember the 90's , I feel nostalgic and wish I could roll back the hands of time grin. Many will argue that the 80's was the best decade ever, some will tell you its the 70's, some will go for the 60's, some the 50's some will even go for the 2000's grin. For me , the 90's beats these decades hands down and here goes my reasons...

THE MUSIC
The 90's was no doubt the era of good and splendid music. From hiphop to rap to soul and even rock. Just have a look at foreign masterpiece like Snoop Dogg's who am I (Whats my name), The notorious BIG Juicy, Dr dre's (Still dre), Lauryn Hill's Doo Woop ( That thang) . These were classic songs I still even listen to till today. Even coming back home to songs like Seyi Sodunmu's Love me jeje, to the Fela Kuti's, Iyogogo and many more. Unlike the crap kids listen to today grin.. I mean the davido's wizkid or wizboy whatever his name his , sean tizzle, olamide who sings like nothing but a danfo thug... Music is honestly what it ought to be and what it used to be.

The politics
Oh this was a great era of politics both home and abroad. You turn on your transistor only to hear of a coup attempted by Major Gideon Orka, or one by Gen Sani Abacha, or the MKO Abiola saga and lots more. Newspaper were more fun to read then, any beer palour you go then, it was 90% sure it will be politics they are arguing about grin. Unlike today, all we read on the news is about an accident that happened on and expressway or Buhari travelling to china for one meeting grin, Obasanjo this, yar' adua that. Politics is going down the drain in today's Nigeria. Even crossing boarders and going foreign, you hear of the Rodney King verdict and L.A. riots tear the nation apart, OJ Simpson chase, Bill Clinton, and thousands more. Comm'on , this was an era that can never be rivaled .

The Movies
Titanic, The good fellas, The lion king, con air, brave heart, dumb and dumber, My own private Idaho, white men can't jump, Billie Madison... Time can't just permit me to mention them all. Even Nigerian movies were classical then. I still have collection of movies like living in bondage, Nneka the pretty serpent, blood money, issakaba, domitila and lots more. Today, I am extremely ashamed of Nollywood as it can be very embarrassing to watch. All they do now is knockbusters with little funds with the aim of making useless profit. You see films in Nollywood of today like spidergirl[img]http://2.bp..com/-l6Hz7fw876c/VcnOFXAU0QI/AAAAAAAAAP4/0t007qTIN8Q/s320/spider%2Bgirl.jpg[/img] grin,. I recently saw a movie one day titled ''I Want To Suck Your Blood''. I really laughed out loud. Nollywood is going down the drain.

The Fashion
Nothing just beats the fashion of the 90's. From the Alexander McQueen spring of 1997 to the Azzedine Alaïa shows of 1991 to calvin klein spring 1994 to the Balenciaga spring. The afro hair styles people carry about just blended with the atmosphere. Even here in Nigeria, fashion was at its peak and its best. People like Miss Sade Thomas, the great fashion designer were awesome .

The Education
You can't argue with me that the quality of education of this era wasn't at its best. Although I must confess this started from era beyond. Today, we see young Nigerians wriggling their way through the university just to earn a degree. Many parents don't even care about their children's future anymore. They rather prefer to see them in the streets hawking pepper and okra and make money for them .

The Technology
The 90's really was an era of technology that really changed our lives for good. These technologies really layed the platform for today's technology From the walkman, to the nintendo's gameboy, to kids cruising around in barbie jeeps to pagers (I honestly prefer this to cell phones grin) also, who will ever forget the ever green play station 1, Apples Imac G3 Comm' on,

The Sports
The 90's was obviously an era of great sport moments. From basketball, to cricket, to boxing , athletics etc Who will ever forget the '94 olympics where Nigeria clinched gold, soccer for example also saw the establishment of many great players like Gheorghe Hagi, Rivaldo, Ze roberto, Van Basten, lotar Mathaus, Baggio, Ronaldo, Figo, Romario and lots more. Even on our home turf, we had the likes of yekini, Kanu George Finidi and co. They made football ore fun to watch unlike the Mikels, Iwobi's of today

The Slang
The 90's was an er of slangs. I just can mention them all.... grin 'Sup, b Bangin'/Slammin Crib ,Bama ,Ghetto, Shiznit, Whassup...Time just can't permit me to mention them all.

I tasted both the 80's and 90's and I must confess its just the best decade ever. Far better than the 80's, 70's 60's 50's and beyond. Even better than the 2000's for our newer generation of kids grin

Feel free to add yours.

Ho back to 90s nw
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by HisMajesty1(m): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
I miss that era.
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by just2endowed: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Present generation are indomie generation while the 90 is the real deal. I remember my primary school days in middle of 90s. Going to school with a one naira coin then was so good and it make u feel like a king. Imagine then, one naira coin. There was these 25 kobo coin, 50 kobo coin. Mehn I feel like shading tears for ur current generation. They don't know know anything about coin
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by joey150(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Story for the gods...
Its cause your country retrogressed.
If you where in an advanced world i doubt you'll say this.

I dont care about the past..am trying to make today the best day of ma life..cheers to you all stuck in the 90's .

1 Like

Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by ijele(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Wow, 90s The best era ever, am glad I was part of it, am remembering back in coal city, me and Tuface in ND1 IMT ENUGU, together wit Klint, Smart, never knew times flys like this!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by dapizy02(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
Bollywood is dead.......most of deir movies is borin and senseless.. Imaging a movie title 'Spider Girl' copy copy 9ja.
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by johnsonjosbles(m): 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mishydoo:
Lesser makeup...Now all girls are masquerades
infact, gost.
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by realmindz: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
Great thread...awesome
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by Gasout(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
1-Things re cheap and offordable

2-there employment

3- the rate of crime was low

4- we still have politicians who still have Nigeria at heart

5- there's still little trust among brethens

The list is endless...90s is still d best decade
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by godunia(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
Then love was free, I got lots of provisions from the girls I was dating cos I was in a boarding school. Girls prepared food at home and bring for my friends and I to eat. I'm short it was girls that used their parents wealth to prove how much they love you.girls practically struggle to maintain first position in our lives.sisters and friends struggle over guys. I miss the 90s,i pity boys now. I thank God I was in the generation when love was Free. All you need to get any girl is swag well, be intelligent be informed or be good in sport and you go eat food tire. Chaiiiiii life was good in the 90s.i recalled dancing to Mc hemmer -in a party,many guys almost lost their babes. God thank you ooooooo. I weep for this generation and the one to come.

3 Likes

Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by yekparikpa(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sex wasn't overrated, Boys and Girls could play together with no sexual intent. Thanks for taking me back.

1 Like

Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by lepasharon(f): 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
I miss the 90s..best era cry
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by Leez(m): 3:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=UrennaNkoli post=44169761] I was opportuned to have a taste of the 80's and 90's and I must confess the 90's still remains the best ever. In fact, anytime I remember the 90's , I feel nostalgic and wish I could roll back the hands of time grin. Many will argue that the 80's was the best decade ever, some will tell you its the 70's, some will go for the 60's, some the 50's some will even go for the 2000's grin. For me , the 90's beats these decades hands down and here goes my reasons...

THE MUSIC
The 90's was no doubt the era of good and splendid music. From hiphop to rap to soul and even rock. Just have a look at foreign masterpiece like Snoop Dogg's who am I (Whats my name), The notorious BIG Juicy, Dr dre's (Still dre), Lauryn Hill's Doo Woop ( That thang) . These were classic songs I still even listen to till today. Even coming back home to songs like Seyi Sodunmu's Love me jeje, to the Fela Kuti's, Iyogogo and many more. Unlike the crap kids listen to today grin.. I mean the davido's wizkid or wizboy whatever his name his , sean tizzle, olamide who sings like nothing but a danfo thug... Music is honestly what it ought to be and what it used to be.

The politics
Oh this was a great era of politics both home and abroad. You turn on your transistor only to hear of a coup attempted by Major Gideon Orka, or one by Gen Sani Abacha, or the MKO Abiola saga and lots more. Newspaper were more fun to read then, any beer palour you go then, it was 90% sure it will be politics they are arguing about grin. Unlike today, all we read on the news is about an accident that happened on and expressway or Buhari travelling to china for one meeting grin, Obasanjo this, yar' adua that. Politics is going down the drain in today's Nigeria. Even crossing boarders and going foreign, you hear of the Rodney King verdict and L.A. riots tear the nation apart, OJ Simpson chase, Bill Clinton, and thousands more. Comm'on , this was an era that can never be rivaled .

The Movies
Titanic, The good fellas, The lion king, con air, brave heart, dumb and dumber, My own private Idaho, white men can't jump, Billie Madison... Time can't just permit me to mention them all. Even Nigerian movies were classical then. I still have collection of movies like living in bondage, Nneka the pretty serpent, blood money, issakaba, domitila and lots more. Today, I am extremely ashamed of Nollywood as it can be very embarrassing to watch. All they do now is knockbusters with little funds with the aim of making useless profit. You see films in Nollywood of today like spidergirl[img]http://2.bp..com/-l6Hz7fw876c/VcnOFXAU0QI/AAAAAAAAAP4/0t007qTIN8Q/s320/spider%2Bgirl.jpg[/img] grin,. I recently saw a movie one day titled ''I Want To Suck Your Blood''. I really laughed out loud. Nollywood is going down the drain.

The Fashion
Nothing just beats the fashion of the 90's. From the Alexander McQueen spring of 1997 to the Azzedine Alaïa shows of 1991 to calvin klein spring 1994 to the Balenciaga spring. The afro hair styles people carry about just blended with the atmosphere. Even here in Nigeria, fashion was at its peak and its best. People like Miss Sade Thomas, the great fashion designer were awesome .

The Education
You can't argue with me that the quality of education of this era wasn't at its best. Although I must confess this started from era beyond. Today, we see young Nigerians wriggling their way through the university just to earn a degree. Many parents don't even care about their children's future anymore. They rather prefer to see them in the streets hawking pepper and okra and make money for them .

The Technology
The 90's really was an era of technology that really changed our lives for good. These technologies really layed the platform for today's technology From the walkman, to the nintendo's gameboy, to kids cruising around in barbie jeeps to pagers (I honestly prefer this to cell phones grin) also, who will ever forget the ever green play station 1, Apples Imac G3 Comm' on,

The Sports
The 90's was obviously an era of great sport moments. From basketball, to cricket, to boxing , athletics etc Who will ever forget the '94 olympics where Nigeria clinched gold, soccer for example also saw the establishment of many great players like Gheorghe Hagi, Rivaldo, Ze roberto, Van Basten, lotar Mathaus, Baggio, Ronaldo, Figo, Romario and lots more. Even on our home turf, we had the likes of yekini, Kanu George Finidi and co. They made football ore fun to watch unlike the Mikels, Iwobi's of today

The Slang
The 90's was an er of slangs. I just can mention them all.... grin 'Sup, b Bangin'/Slammin Crib ,Bama ,Ghetto, Shiznit, Whassup...Time just can't permit me to mention them all.

I tasted both the 80's and 90's and I must confess its just the best decade ever. Far better than the 80's, 70's 60's 50's and beyond. Even better than the 2000's for our newer generation of kids grin

Feel free to add yours.

[/quote
pretty sure dre's still was new millenium
Re: Why The 90's Is The Best Decade Ever by edi287: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
90s was awesome. Wish I was a teenager then. Good thing I had elder brothers and sister to pass on the awesomeness from that era.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakery Equipment - Where Can I Buy This In Nigeria ? / 5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life / Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.