Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF (23504 Views)

Nigeria Vs Gambia: Women's Nations Cup Qualifier - 6 - 0 (Full Time) / Nigeria Qualifies For 2018 Africa Nations Cup / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by sucess001(m): 8:13am On Mar 28, 2016
Siasia dt didn't qualify us last time out before we turned to Keshi...I can bet with my salary dt we wont qualify with him as coach

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by M4gunners: 8:20am On Mar 28, 2016
Chei Chadians has collected money from Egypt to drop Nigeria from qualifying.

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by gfullmoon(m): 8:23am On Mar 28, 2016
Nigerian Super Eagles no fit win Egypt, their best score at Alexandrian Stadium will be draw like always. Our best option was to pay for Chad's flight ticket and other logistics or better still beg Chisco to send one Marcopolo to them free of charge.

3 Likes

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Greenback: 8:34am On Mar 28, 2016
DonMaxxy:
Chisoooooooooooooooooos! jungle don mature.

God pls allow Oliseh and all the SE resignees to laugh us to scorn.

Oluwa help us to qualify so that NEPA, PHCN, IBEDC, BEDC,AEDC, EEDC , PHED or whatever that is their name, would not see reasons to give us light during the AFCON proper.

#zoogeriaMustnotQualifyTomorrow.

GO EGYPT,GO EGYPT..

Thumbs up if you pray with me.

whoa!
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 28, 2016
funnynation:
Shey na two dey qualify for group? This is a must win, Moses, Iwobi and Echejile need more playing time. That guy with jersey No.6 should not boarder going forward. He should focus on defending only. I suggest he should stay at back and be waiting for M.Salah...

Nairaland official comedian
Always read posts before commenting. If it is too long for you, read this portion
" Egypt still lead the group with four points,, while Nigeria have two. Tanzania have a point.
CAF further said that in accordance, with the rule set by CAF Executive Committee on 15 January 2015, any group reduced to three teams following the withdrawal of a team will have only the group winner qualifying for the final tournament.
funnynation:
Shey na two dey qualify for group? This is a must win, Moses, Iwobi and Echejile need more playing time. That guy with jersey No.6 should not boarder going forward. He should focus on defending only. I suggest he should stay at back and be waiting for M.Salah...

Always read posts before commenting. If the post is too long for you, read this portion
" Egypt still lead the group with four points,, while Nigeria have two. Tanzania have a point.
CAF further said that in accordance, with the rule set by CAF Executive Committee on 15 January 2015, any group reduced to three teams following the withdrawal of a team will have only the group winner qualifying for the final tournament.
funnynation:

Always read well before commenting. Read this

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Oche211(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2016
Is it a curse dat any qualifiers or tournaments that the eagles play, the turn nigerians to permutators, mathematicians nd statistians

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by mexzony: 8:43am On Mar 28, 2016
Oche211:
Is it a curse dat any qualifiers or tournaments that the eagles play, the turn nigerians to permutators, mathematicians nd statistians
This even makes the draw in Kaduna all the more satanic
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by hotmolo(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2016
irunooboo:
[size=13pt] undecided Idris Debby and Ali modu sherrif has milked that country to death. They can no longer afford flight tickets to matches and this same Sheriff is the man leading the PDP for a 2019 come back. I laugh[/size]
i know ali modu sherif has strong ties with Chad govt bit how did he ruin Chad? do u mind elucidating
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by falcon2020(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2016
Go naija........expecting wot if feels to be a Nigerian
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by huntax(m): 8:46am On Mar 28, 2016
funnynation:

Next time, read article before you comment.
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by huntax(m): 8:50am On Mar 28, 2016
Egypt have qualified jor. We all know Nigeria can't win an away game to save their lives. Give them Madagascar away, we still won't beat them, we now want to be Egypt away... We couldn't even beat them at home. If we beat Egypt, I'll give away my hot note pro to any nairalander of my choosing.
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by huntax(m): 8:53am On Mar 28, 2016
babym7681:
If this post is authentic,then the standing would be thus:
Egypt-4points
Nigeria-2points
Tanzania- 1point
And should Nigeria triumph over Egypt on Tuesday,we'll be 5point atop the table. #StillFair
Should Nigeria lose, it'll be
Egypt = 7 points
Nigeria = 2 points
Chad = 1 point.
Nigeria out... Even a draw won't help us.
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Kulas: 8:55am On Mar 28, 2016
#SEexitfromAfcon2017qualifiers.................loading!!!
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by buchibrand(m): 8:55am On Mar 28, 2016
iamlarry99:
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has deducted points from Nigeria, Egypt and Tanzania, all members of Group G, following the withdrawal of Chad from the ongoing qualification race for the 31st edition of the Africa Cup of Nations, Gabon 2017.

Chad were due to travel to Tanzania for the fourth match in the group, but instead made the announcement of a shocking withdrawal, citing financial constraints.

CAF swiftly applied its rules in conformity with Article 61 of the regulations of the competition which states: “If a team withdraws from the qualifying phase organised in groups, all its results shall be annulled (points, scored and conceded goals)”.
”Consequently, the three matches of Chad of Group G are cancelled and the results will not be taken into consideration”, CAF said.

Egypt still lead the group with four points,, while Nigeria have two. Tanzania have a point.

Furthermore, the Chadian Football Federation has been fined 20,000 US Dollars and also barred from participating in the next edition of the AFCON in conformity with Article 59 of the regulations of the Competition which states “any association declaring forfeit after the start of the matches is liable to a fine of twenty thousand (20,000) U.S. dollars. It will also not be allowed to participate in the next edition of the AFCON”.

Meanwhile, Egypt will face Nigeria on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 in Alexandria.

http://www.abelabel.com/2016/03/nation-cup-qualifier-caf-deducts-3-points-nigeria-explains/
What's the Prayer Point plz?
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by huntax(m): 8:58am On Mar 28, 2016
MadCow1:
Nigeria should also withdraw.

We can't beat Egypt away neither can we win our group.
If we withdraw, we will be fined and banned from the next tourno.
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Oche211(m): 8:58am On Mar 28, 2016
mexzony:
This even makes the draw in Kaduna all the more satanic
yea. U re right. Dat draw no be here. Satan really get hand in it
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by MadCow1: 9:03am On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

If we withdraw, we will be fined and banned from the next tourno.

Fine by me.

20000 dollars will be a savings in comparison to the loss we would incur flying these boys around, camping, accommodation, kit, allowances, e.t.c.
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by huntax(m): 9:07am On Mar 28, 2016
MadCow1:

Fine by me.

20000 dollars will be a savings in comparison to the loss we would incur flying these boys around, camping, accommodation, kit, allowances, e.t.c.
How about being banned from the next afcon tournament? Didn't think that through, did u? smiley
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by yaki84: 9:07am On Mar 28, 2016
irunooboo:
[size=13pt] undecided Idris Debby and Ali modu sherrif has milked that country to death. They can no longer afford flight tickets to matches and this same Sheriff is the man leading the PDP for a 2019 come back. I laugh[/size]

is ali modu their prime minister or cbc govr?
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Jaymznewton(m): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2016
Noneroone:
Nigeria may not even qualify under this badluck called government

Why abusing the government you are supposed to be prayinf for
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by MadCow1: 9:21am On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

How about being banned from the next afcon tournament? Didn't think that through, did u? smiley

I don't care about that..

It would buy us time to get our shiit together.

In that last few months, we have been through 3 coaches with a 4th being lined up.

Missing one AFCON will not be the end of the world.
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by petkoffDrake(m): 9:28am On Mar 28, 2016
irunooboo:
Hmm how do u know? Is Sheriff from Chad?

U can lie ooo undecided
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Johnpaul09(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2016
It means the Eagle MUST defeat the Pharohs.
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Preciousgirl(f): 9:50am On Mar 28, 2016
I think Nigerians must go and learn football from ivory coast, ghana or algeria
As a jamaican, I think Nigerians don't know how to play ball. Yet you have over 200 million people. Why naija?
Can't you learn from your senior?

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by emenezer(m): 10:15am On Mar 28, 2016
End time withdrawal,from Chad, meanwhile,world cup hopes,all gone!

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by comrChris(m): 10:19am On Mar 28, 2016
there is a saying that says Opportunity comes but once! super eagles messed up big time in Kaduna, beating Egypt at home is as difficult as stopping Bayern Munich from winning their league and with these senseless Chadians withdrawing our chance of qualifying has been nulled, way too bad for the self acclaimed giant of Africa not to qualify for a small tournament like this for a two consecutive times.
Don't be surprised be surprised to see this eagles starting like they are already on top of the table tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by hifaif1: 10:23am On Mar 28, 2016
[s]
Godshand:
Everything under Buhari Government is just scatter scatter.

Abeg where is Idris Abdulkareem? We need a remix of that him track.
[/s]
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 28, 2016
hifaif1:
But why naw?
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 28, 2016
The Nigerian Super Eagles football career as a team had ended years ago. All these involvements and inclusions into international tournament are/were just for formality sake. I think at this point, our best bet is to also withdraw. With that, nobody would say "We (Nigeria) didnt qualify". We only withdrew from the tournament. Shekinah!!!
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by hifaif1: 11:42am On Mar 28, 2016
Godshand:

But why naw?

You know why!!!
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by jkarmstrong(m): 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
Guess its all over now? The most we can do is hope for the best. Defeating the Egyptians on their home turf while not being entirely impossible is clearly herculean. The team will have to show maturity and composure beyond their years. We must show strength and compactness. Anyway regardless of the result the team should stick together, the coaching staff and playing staff shouldn't be disbanded to begin another futile round of rebuilding. We must look to the future with this same group of coaches and playing staff.
Re: Nations Cup Qualifier: CAF Deducts 3 Points From Nigeria, Explains Why - CAF by tomioro(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
I have a dream. Nigeria will beat Egypt tomorrow by a lone goal. So says the Lord of Hosts. If you believe this prophesy hit like button.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles / Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.