Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari (15645 Views)

I Can Help You Discipline Your ‘powerful’ Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG / I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by tolexy007(m): 6:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to go beyond apologising to Nigerians by correcting some flawed policies and steps his administration has taken since assuming office.
He also urged the President to stop seeing himself as a sectional leader or the president of the All Progressives Congress but as the leader of all groups and people of the country.
Fayose, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Idowu Adelusi, on Sunday, however, commended the President for admitting some errors his government had made.
The governor also advised the President to be wary of some selfish persons in the APC who were bent on using his name to commit atrocities in the name of politics.
The statement read, “This is a moment of truth. I commend the President for being bold enough to apologise for his lapses. He has come out to admit and accept that criticism is part of democracy. He can do whatever he likes, but it must be within the ambit of the law.
“The President has swallowed his pride by admitting that there is a sharp drop in electricity and that we are experiencing an agonising fuel scarcity in the country. They told us the refineries are working, but that is a lie, we are still importing fuel.
“The President cannot continue to apologise for everything. A leader must think very well before making policy statements.”
Fayose called on the President to find a lasting solution to the lingering fuel scarcity, address job losses and to pay attention to security issues, rather than exerting energy on silencing the opposition.
“Look at the Agatu killings. That place is a food basket for the country and when herdsmen went on the rampage, destroying lives and property, we should not fold arms,” he said.
Fayose also condemned the manner elections were conducted under the present regime.
He said the legacy of credible elections left behind by former President Goodluck Jonathan had been destroyed.
He added, “It is an understatement to describe the elections in Kogi, Bayelsa and Rivers states by the Buhari administration as a show of shame. This is an aspect where the President has to be very careful. He must not allow himself to be used by some rejected and crooked politicians.”
Meanwhile, a chieftain of the APC in the state, Olusegun Osinkolu, has advised Fayose to face governance and stop attacking the President.
Osinkolu said President Buhari had been working assiduously to make tremendous impact.
He said it was appalling for Fayose to abandon governance for frivolities.
He urged him to stop dissipating energy on Buhari in the interest of the people.
While addressing his supporters in Ayede Ekiti on Sunday, Osinkolu commended the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, for cautioning the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on how to address Nigerians on the issue of fuel scarcity.
While also calling for the dissolution of the state working committee of the APC in Ekiti State ahead of the 2018 governorship election, the former senatorial aspirant alleged that the Chief Jide Awe-led SWC was handpicked.
www.punchng.com/apology-not-enough-fayose-tells-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by tayebest(m): 6:09am On Mar 28, 2016
ok, we don hear... So goan kill yourself!

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Agimor(m): 6:16am On Mar 28, 2016
Buhari should come and prostrate for you (Fayose) first shebi? Other Governor's are busy with developing their state while this one is here constantly critizing the Buhari government. The irony of it is that he still depends on federal allocation to pay workes salary.
Bitch!

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by 0nyegame(m): 6:17am On Mar 28, 2016
i don't know why i like this man Fayose, i hope is not playing with his people's head just like our greed,selfish and wicked governor,governor Rochas Okoroawusa is playing us in Imo state.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by gozmok1(m): 6:21am On Mar 28, 2016
tolexy007:
Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to go beyond apologising to Nigerians by correcting some flawed policies and steps his administration has taken since assuming office.
He also urged the President to stop seeing himself as a sectional leader or the president of the All Progressives Congress but as the leader of all groups and people of the country.
Fayose, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Idowu Adelusi, on Sunday, however, commended the President for admitting some errors his government had made.
The governor also advised the President to be wary of some selfish persons in the APC who were bent on using his name to commit atrocities in the name of politics.
The statement read, “This is a moment of truth. I commend the President for being bold enough to apologise for his lapses. He has come out to admit and accept that criticism is part of democracy. He can do whatever he likes, but it must be within the ambit of the law.
“The President has swallowed his pride by admitting that there is a sharp drop in electricity and that we are experiencing an agonising fuel scarcity in the country. They told us the refineries are working, but that is a lie, we are still importing fuel.
“The President cannot continue to apologise for everything. A leader must think very well before making policy statements.”
Fayose called on the President to find a lasting solution to the lingering fuel scarcity, address job losses and to pay attention to security issues, rather than exerting energy on silencing the opposition.
“Look at the Agatu killings. That place is a food basket for the country and when herdsmen went on the rampage, destroying lives and property, we should not fold arms,” he said.
Fayose also condemned the manner elections were conducted under the present regime.
He said the legacy of credible elections left behind by former President Goodluck Jonathan had been destroyed.
He added, “It is an understatement to describe the elections in Kogi, Bayelsa and Rivers states by the Buhari administration as a show of shame. This is an aspect where the President has to be very careful. He must not allow himself to be used by some rejected and crooked politicians.”
Meanwhile, a chieftain of the APC in the state, Olusegun Osinkolu, has advised Fayose to face governance and stop attacking the President.
Osinkolu said President Buhari had been working assiduously to make tremendous impact.
He urged him to stop dissipating energy on Buhari in the interest of the people.
While addressing his supporters in Ayede Ekiti on Sunday, Osinkolu commended the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, for cautioning the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on how to address Nigerians on the issue of fuel scarcity.
While also calling for the dissolution of the state working committee of the APC in Ekiti State ahead of the 2018 governorship election, the former senatorial aspirant alleged that the Chief Jide Awe-led SWC was handpicked.
www.punchng.com/apology-not-enough-fayose-tells-buhari/
the greatest yoruba leader ever liveth the slayer of Apc ride on

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:22am On Mar 28, 2016
Useless goat!

When will Fayose apologize to Ekitis for turning governance in that state to comic acting?

Any of his IPOB touts or wailing zombies can answer on his behalf.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 28, 2016
If you truly love Democracy, then you must love and respect the opposition. Their job is to help us see what the ruling party isn't doing well.

Fayose is indeed the government Ekiti people wanted because they overwhelmingly chose him. The only people who can complain are those who live in Ekiti.

TrueSenator has Spoken cool

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by blackpanda: 6:24am On Mar 28, 2016
Fayose is a nonentity. Only buffoons take the goat seriously. Fayose will end his tenure with zero commissioned projects, zero developments in ekiti and a great percentage of the people of ekiti begging for rice out of poverty.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by tolexy007(m): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2016
grin Fayose always on point...

18 Likes

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Flexherbal(m): 6:26am On Mar 28, 2016
This Ayodele is always following Buhari up. Hope he still has time to govern his people?

6 Likes

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by emeraldknytt(m): 6:27am On Mar 28, 2016
Agimor:
Buhari should come and prostrate for you (Fayose) first shebi? Other Governor's are busy with developing their state while this one is here constantly critizing the Buhari government. The irony of it is that he still depends on federal allocation to pay workes salary.
Bitch!
This criticism is what any leader should get ready for. Just like in a game of chess, the onlookers get an instantaneous productive move even before the player does. Why? Because, their views are wide and array. Gov. Fayose has done/spoken well, it is left of our President to take an advance and egalitarian move to ensuring the upliftment of our economy and other sectors at large.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by LMFashions: 6:30am On Mar 28, 2016
APCs nemesis is at it again

8 Likes

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Oche211(m): 6:42am On Mar 28, 2016
Fayose can criticise because he is nt been held accountable for infrastructural development of ekiti state.
He only promised stomach infrastructure nd he gave out rice 4 easter so he thinks that he has the moral courage to criticise.
It's he who carrys the load that knws how much of a burden it is. Fayose isn't carrying anything.
Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 6:52am On Mar 28, 2016

This sums up the frivolous character fayose, leader of beerfraud

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by godoluwa(m): 6:56am On Mar 28, 2016
[s]
PassingShot:
Useless goat!

When will Fayose apologize to Ekitis for turning governance in that state to comic acting?
[/s] I DONT EXPECT LESS FROM ZOMBIE

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:59am On Mar 28, 2016
[s]
godoluwa:
I DONT EXPECT LESS FROM ZOMBIE
[/s]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by bonechamberlain(m): 7:05am On Mar 28, 2016
make fayose take am easy nah.
Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Agimor(m): 7:07am On Mar 28, 2016
emeraldknytt:
This criticism is what any leader should get ready for. Just like in a game of chess, the onlookers get an instantaneous productive move even before the player does. Why? Because, their views are wide and array. Gov. Fayose has done/spoken well, it is left of our President to take an advance and egalitarian move to ensuring the upliftment of our economy and other sectors at large.
The only thing Fayose is good at is criticism. One would think that with all this criticism its state would be a safe haven for investors and a typical example of what he desire Buhari to attain but it seem the reverse happens to be the case here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Fayose is becoming a useless he-goat on his criticism with bubu.

Must he comment on all issues or is he the only governor in opposition?

Leave trash for LAWMA joor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by omenka(m): 7:14am On Mar 28, 2016
Flexherbal:
This Ayodele is always following Buhari up. Hope he still has time to govern his people?
Governance to imps like Fayose begins and ends with cutting kpomo in the market place, driving a tipper all over Ado Ekiti, and sharing cups of rice to the people of the state.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by wilcox(m): 7:14am On Mar 28, 2016
Fayose, is so bold and out spoken, this man has never retracted any statement made in his name, he always takes full responsibility of all statement. And for all those comparing ekiti state to Nigeria, remember we don't want Nigeria to be like ekiti rather ekiti should be like Nigeria.
Fayose is allowed to say things the way he feels about it, because he's a stalk holder.

2 Likes

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by edlion57(m): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2016
always apologizing congress

1 Like

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Ezedon(m): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2016
Help me to tell him
Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 28, 2016
Goldencollins:
APC is an Evil and Devilish party with Buhari as their Commander in Chief.

Wow...so you have seen the face of Lucifer! Help.

6 Things to know about these blood sucking group of Evil people called APC.
1. They have sucked the brains of some gullible Nigerians that's why we have Zombies still supporting them despite the economic hardship they have put innocent Nigerians into.

Zombies do not exist...besides sucking people'scrainal facilites leads to death.....watch starship troopers.

2. They deceive gullible Nigerians/Zombies by telling them to embrace agriculture,entrepreneurial skill acquisition like soap making etc while they sneak in their wards through the back door to occupy Juicy positions in CBN yet their jobless Zombies are hailing them.

Appointments which happened under GEJ's watch....and which he did nothing about...yet people like Goldenboy here wish he came back...

Anyway...APC should do something about that...or we chase them out. That's democracy.

3. Their Commander in Chief of Evil, Buhari, has spent. 22m dollars on foreign trips,his wife the rice cooker Aisha has bought dollars running into millions from CBN,the Chief Propagandist Gaba Shehu has bought dollars from CBN up to the tune of 800k usd why do they have access to dollars from CBN and yet they placed a strict rule on forex and call Nigerians studying abroad who couldn't pay their school fees bcuz of Buhari's evil agenda "Tough Luck" how does Gaba Shehu,Buhari pay their children's school fees abroad Or are they d only ones allowed to have access to dollars while other Nigerians are referred to as "Tough Luck" yet the Zombies are hailing them.

1.Nice to know you did not like GEJ's trips too.

2.Buhari is the new guy. He has to get to know the foreign leaders and discuss things....and sign things too.

3.Have you read this Day this morning. Looks like you have no proof that Mrs B. bought millions of dollars.

4.CBN says you can now buy dollars for fees. And banks have raised the ceiling on dollars you can spend...you can now sue more dollars a month. What's the problem?

4. Fuel is N180 per liter with long queues causing traffic grip lock in several parts of the nation. But still dia Zombies are hailing them.

1.Fuel is still sold at the offical price in NNPC stations. I bought fuel for N86.00 per liter this past week.

2.Fuel was also that high during GEJ's regime too....that means GEJ was a bad leader.! shocked(My folks bought fuel at N170 IN 2014.).

3.And anyway...the fuelsubsidy should go...so that markerters can have the funds to import fuel. No need for parties here.

5. Food prices have sky rocketed so high that only d rich can afford it. Yet d Zombies are hailing them.

Yes...because we import. Which we did with ease under GEJ because we had enough dollars. Now we do not. Nigeria needs oil to be at $123 per barrel to balance the books.

And anyway...it takes time to improve agriculture. We need at least 50% of our farming to be done in large scale farms. (Under GEJ it was 10%).

6.Buhari has refused to condemn the actions of his fellow Fulani herds men who have made killing of innocent Nigerians their hobby.

1.He has sent troops there

2.He has promised to set up a panel of inquiry

3.Peace mettings have kicked off

4.The problem is not new...it has been there since the 1980's.

In few weeks to come I will expose these evil APC and their Evil agenda for Nigeria.
As usual the Zombies are allowed to quote me.

Not again! Zombies do not exist. Zombies do not exist.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 7:17am On Mar 28, 2016
All I'm wondering is why ain't der no protest up till now, nawahooo if nah Gej era, haaa CNN would have even reported this fuel scarcity every 2 hours apart....... I didn't vote for buhari and never will,,,, what happened to that childhood slogan,,,, y'all gonna be leaders of tomorrow Hey it ain't gotta be me or you but someone out there but all I've lived to see is the same old peeps, pls engine plugs in a car of 1983 can't still run the engine smoothly up till now, 2019 we need new spark plug

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by DaBullIT(m): 7:17am On Mar 28, 2016
Fayose , Time will soon come when your malady will get you in remand
Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by ifysexy19(f): 7:19am On Mar 28, 2016
i am just passing but i am a new person in this narialand so somebody should welcome me

3 Likes

Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by socialmediaman: 7:19am On Mar 28, 2016
Just like President Buhari, Gov Fayose will be judged by his achievements in Ekiti State at the end of his administration, and quite frankly, Fayose is in no moral position to advise Buhari... I guess he was one of those alleged to have collected and pocketed GEJ campaign funds
Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by Innodon(m): 7:20am On Mar 28, 2016
Heard
Re: Apology Not Enough, Fayose Tells Buhari by folks4luv(f): 7:20am On Mar 28, 2016
know wat I find funny? most people that had commented so far didn't read d real story, they only saw d headline n start talking, probably cos their I'll feelings for Fayose. go bk n read wat he says n see if their is sense in it. d Governor of my state doesn't comment on national issues but he is not working either.
plus if u have a regular job n run like 4 or 5 social media accounts n job job is not affected, den fayose can comment on national n even international issue and still function effectively as a governor. ur in d East n knows a govt in d West never commissioned any project.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / President Buhari Visits Lamido Of Adamawa (Photos) / Reps Reject VAT 7.5% Increment, Warn FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.