Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States (10229 Views)

Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU / Break Down Of September 2016 Allocation To States / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Adesiji77: 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
In order to cushion the effect of the harsh economic situation in the country, Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, has called for the review of the current revenue sharing formula to push more resources to the states.

Aregbesola made the call during his presentation at the economic retreat organised by the National Economic Council on Monday and Tuesday last week.

Our correspondent exclusively obtained a copy of the paper on Sunday, which was presented behind closed doors at the two-day event with the theme “Nigerian states: Multiple centres of prosperity.”

The governor regretted that the nation’s economy had increasingly worsened over the last three years.

This, he said, was caused by dwindling crude oil revenue globally.

He noted that the inflow of global wealth into oil-producing countries fell from $1.2tn in 2013 to N400bn in 2015.

“All the three tiers of government are affected. We are facing a national financial crisis,” the governor said.

In offering solutions to the current challenges, Aregbesola listed three perspectives to be considered. They included what he termed inter-governmental relations, interstate relations and regional competitiveness.

Under inter-governmental relations, the governor called for a “review of the current revenue sharing formula to push more resources to states; federal-state governments collaboration on infrastructure; prompt repayment of states for federal roads; Federal Government-led public sector reforms which include reduction of cost of government and optimisation of civil service.”

He noted that Osun State was currently being owed over N5bn in Back Duty Taxes.

http://www.punchng.com/aregbesola-seeks-more-financial-allocation-to-states/

1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
This guy is nt worth to even b deputy local government chairman....So he still has d audacity to speak...SMH 4 people of Osun state...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by TippyTop(m): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
The ediot is looking for more money to waste, what did he do with the ones he got before?

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Firefire(m): 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
Aregbesola the Fraudulent Refrigerator Technician looking for more money to loot. cheesy

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Melancholy(m): 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
Look at this ogbeni ke?! At this juncture, I say well done to PMB for this unprecedented policy; a pragmatic one that is, for not been beclouded by party politics in accrueing every states what they deserved cos under GEJ with no respecter of what u produce or not, how indebted a state can be, as long as u are under the umbrella, no hassle plunging them into quagmire hindering economic progress when world bank is a no go area they resort to the central being cognizance that vast majority of these governors are not innovative. They refusal of fed govt supervising limit to external and internal borrowings, after several economic advise that aregbe and his colleagues should cap their borrowings to earnings they wouldnt listen. Cry me a river!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by socialmediaman: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Actually, taxation laws should be reviewed to enhance the revenue generation potentials of states. Some companies should also no longer be exempted from state and LG taxation as this kills IGR of states affected. The newly proposed Federal communication tax of 11% should be reduced to about 6% so that state and LG tax could be added to the communication tax to average it around 17 or 18%. Only then can states see the prospects of developing their states for investors to come in... In the US for instance, the Federal wireless communication tax is about 5.8% while State-Local tax is about 11.2%. This makes the states earn money for wireless communication business activated or used within their jurisdiction.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by candidbabe(f): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Aregberascal over to you

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Banjiolamide: 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Rascal of a governor
.. People wen vote you naim I blame

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by bantilla09(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
i just dey observe
The ediot is looking for more money to waste, what did he do with the one he got?[/quote]

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by zimoni(f): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
For where? This clown will never cease to annoy us. I dey laugh.

The Most Brainless

The Most Useless

The Most Clueless

The Most Indebted

The Most Wasteful

...............Governor In The History Of State Of Osun / Osun State.

This Clown Doesn't Have Any Business Being In Governance.

Omisore, though a Crook, would have done Better.

When there was sufficient allocation from Abuja, The Clown Said "I Don't Need Federal Allocation To Pay Salaries". How Time Flies.

When banks stopped giving loans to the Saboteur, he said "I Can't Pay Salaries Anymore Because Banks Have Stopped Giving Me Loans".

This Dude Is Clueless Than Mr Bean. Yeah, not GEJ. Jonathan is a Prof when compared with AregbeUseless. Aregbe is Totally Useless.

Olori Boobo Ti N Bo Mo'gbo should clear the debt(about 140Bn) before he hands over ooooo. I pity the next governor of State of Osun or Osun State.

I Just Dey Laugh.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jj
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Sunofgod(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
I'm sure he meant less....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by LMAyedun(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
APC is just a calamity on Nigerians.

Today is exactly one year that we voted in the party & the man that promised us Change.
But within 10months, the promise of change is now a change of Promise.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by ChappyChase: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
What is osun state bringing to the table(national revenue)?! That he wants increment in the state allocation Olodo undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Pavore9: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
This man is deranged! His state is 2 and half times more in terms of size when compared to Lagos State and with far less population, what has he done to see that Osun state reaps billions from supplying agricultural produce to the over 20million people living in Lagos State? He is more interested in oil revenue! angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by agbangam: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
I like APC/PMB but dis guy I don't like undecided dis dude ought to be a PDP member, confused fellow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
APC governor
APC state
wetin concern me!!

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by ednut1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
in sane societies this fool shud hv been impeached nd arrested

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by superstar1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
What did he do with the ones that was previously allocated to him and the one he borrowed?

Is his over bloated achievements and propaganda commensurate with the sum total of the allocation gotten within his tenor and the cumulative sum he borrowed?

He simply enriched himself and his cronies he single handedly ran a whole state bankrupt.

His name should be in the Guinness Book of Records.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by rawtouch: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
To beg nor deh tire this man ne

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by MVLOX(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
What has he done with the ones he has been receiving for years now....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by 7footre(m): 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
Melancholy:
Look at this ogbeni ke?! At this juncture, I say well done to PMB for this unprecedented policy; a pragmatic one that is, for not been beclouded by party politics in accrueing every states what they deserved cos under GEJ with no respecter of what u produce or not, how indebted a state can be, as long as u are under the umbrella, no hassle plunging them into quagmire hindering economic progress when world bank is a no go area they resort to the central being cognizance that vast majority of these governors are not innovative. They refusal of fed govt supervising limit to external and internal borrowings, after several economic advise that aregbe and his colleagues should cap their borrowings to earnings they wouldnt listen. Cry me a river!
The ricetivists are easy to spot

Unfortunately, the governors did not manage the resources allotted to them in times of plenty, how then do they expect to receive more now? Ogbeni this is the time to show d stuff you are made of

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by jmizzy1(m): 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Aregbe 1 scam us again for osun....even if dem add to osun allocation na stil debt we go take am pay....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by Sasuwa(f): 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hausa/fulani have buhari, yoruba have tinubu and igbo has Nnamdi kanu . Thing done balanced

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by ZUBY77(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
ednut1:
in sane societies this fool shud hv been impeached nd arrested

I am wondering why he should be arrested.
I am not from Osun but since you run a federal system that control everything from Abuja, you have to be taking care of everything else.

It's only in communist countries that the kind of things we practice here exist, yet we aim to be in democracy.
Let each state manage themselves and see how fast they will grow because if you don't want to develop your place, no one will.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by zimoni(f): 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
ZUBY77:

I am wondering why he should be arrested.
I am not from Osun but since you run a federal system that control everything from Abuja, you have to be taking care of everything else.

It's only in communist countries that the kind of things we practice here exist, yet we aim to be in democracy.
Let each state manage themselves and see how fast they will grow because if you don't want to develop your place, no one will.

Welcome back online Boss.

Long time no see. How's bisz and every?
Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by omowolewa: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
State wants moore from Federal, Federal wants more from the citizen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by engrMikemd(m): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
End time Governor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by armadeo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
rascal

i heard back in the day he loved to slap anyhow now he is calm.

anyway notin for APC in osun next time.

this guy is a monumental disgrace to leadership and integrity.

there are so many like him people who should be repairing fridges are leading states. thats how one clown from delta said when Ibori is released he would come and help fight corruption. Imagine the gall.

in other news

if everbody in naija is given the oppurtunity to go abroad and those abroad made to come here will you stay or go??

if you stay you know the problem but if you go then you have no idea what the problem is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by comradee1248: 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
See this moda pucker.... tinibu and this moda pucker have looted and looted and looted the treasury of this state so they went and collect loan to even loot the future of the state

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Seeks More Financial Allocation To States by sinistermind(m): 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
I thought this old comedian said he would pay salary... I didn't read the story at all, but anything that has to do with this man name irritates me. So if I see any headline with "Are", I for don insult his generations before I even see "gbesola". Anyway i'm waiting for PMB to appoint him after he's out.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Elijah Onyeagba Flags Off 10,000 Person Free Medical Treatment In Constituency / I won't deny any child good education for the greed of any individual - Obaseki / Lawan Vows 98% Yobe Votes Will Be Delivered To Tinubu/Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.