Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276908 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2009
i am on paper appeal
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2009
dearstan:

@MJ2008, Akolawale,
I didn't quite follow the story of yettidear's appeal denial, but am i correct to think that her visa trouble emanated from a false tax clearance document. From akolawale's last post, he stated that he foresaw a denial of her appeal - my actual question is what do you think went wrong in yettidear's case?
A cousin of mine actually has a similar case, he got refused a uk visa twice reason being that he unknowingly submitted a false tax clearance of his uncle's company - he was served a 10year ban on second refusal, and he proceeded with an appeal on the grounds that he was not aware of the authenticity of the document.

Can anyone advice on this issue, what the chances of his appeal being allowed?

it is very difficult to defend such cases, you should hire a brilliant immigration lawyer for this. falsification of docs is a grievous offense one that the embassy takes seriously. your cousin must convince the judge as to the circumstances which lead to your cousin's innocence on the false submission of that pertinent doc.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by grillade4u: 3:17pm On May 05, 2009
@ mj2008. pls how do i go about my follow-up inquiry?? do i need to quote anything?? as i stated early, my appeal is being done by a law firm. do i need to contact them for any details or info i might need for the e-mail am sending to the ait
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 4:56pm On May 05, 2009
no need to contact the law firm. since you are the appellant you are allowed to make follow up/inquiry. just quote your post ref from notice of decision, your bday, country of origin that's it and then wait for about 4 weeks. bec. it usually take some time for your appeal to be uploaded in their database. best of luck!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2009
shanga:

i am on paper appeal

In that case, its very difficult to send all originals. If i were you, i will send some originals that i knew can be easily replaced then send the certified copies of the remaining. I will also send a STRONG letter explainning the circumstances.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 4:23am On May 06, 2009
To Shanga, this might be helpful

Entry Clearance Guidance - General Instructions

27.6 - Processing appeal documents
Original documents submitted by the appellant must be preserved in the condition in which they were received. If they are received in mutilated condition put them in envelopes. Do not punch holes in them or staple them. Original documents that you are satisfied with, should be returned to the appellant after being photocopied with the Post stamp clearly shown on the photocopy.

You can cite this to the AIT in your request.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 10:39pm On May 06, 2009
MJ2008 THANK U 4 THE INFO, I WILL GO THROUGH IT AND GET BACK TO U
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by grillade4u: 1:49pm On May 07, 2009
@MJ2008
@FUNKYBABE
@AKOLAWOLE
@ EVERYONE THAT CAN HELP!!!!!

Pls i have jus been notified that they are proceeding on a full appeal. Did the law firm goof?? OR is that the procedure after u put in the appeal. WHAT'S FULL APPEAL
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by grillade4u: 2:31pm On May 07, 2009
was the decision not overturned by the ECM? I was hoping sad sad sad
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tamed: 4:00pm On May 07, 2009
Hello all,

I was wondering if you guys know how long it takes for the visa office in lagos to issue a visa. You see, my mother won her appeal for a visiting visa back in february and the judge instructed the visa office to issue her a visa but she has still not heard anything from them. She has tried to go to their office but they would not let her in, their phone numbers are not working and nobody is answering my emails. Do you guys know what step I can take next? I normally wouldn't mind them taking so long and I am very grateful to God that we won the appeal but my mother is supposed to be here for my wedding next month so now I'm just panicking/praying.

Thanky you
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 5:00am On May 08, 2009
grillade4u:

@MJ2008
@FUNKYBABE
@AKOLAWOLE
@ EVERYONE THAT CAN HELP!!!!!

Pls i have jus been notified that they are proceeding on a full appeal. Did the law firm goof?? OR is that the procedure after u put in the appeal. WHAT'S FULL APPEAL

I thought you lodged your appeal direct to the AIT but it's obvious your lawyer did it with the post. Get in touch with your lawyer as to what docs did he submit. Did he submit the Notice of Appeal form and your Grounds of Appeal? You should be able to SET OUT your grounds clearly and be able to reason out and provide evidence as much as possible. I'm afraid your lawyer may have just written a letter of reconsideration otherwise why would you be notified for a FULL appeal? Pls confirm this with your lawyer.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 8:03am On May 08, 2009
grillade4u:

was the decision not overturned by the ECM? I was hoping sad sad sad

Your appeal will now be forwarded to the AIT by the post (British Embassy) if you have submitted the AIT-2 form to them.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 8:10am On May 08, 2009
tamed:

Hello all,

I was wondering if you guys know how long it takes for the visa office in lagos to issue a visa. You see, my mother won her appeal for a visiting visa back in february and the judge instructed the visa office to issue her a visa but she has still not heard anything from them. She has tried to go to their office but they would not let her in, their phone numbers are not working and nobody is answering my emails. Do you guys know what step I can take next? I normally wouldn't mind them taking so long and I am very grateful to God that we won the appeal but my mother is supposed to be here for my wedding next month so now I'm just panicking/praying.

Thanky you

The rules say up to 2 months after receiving the copy of the determination. You can write a follow up letter to the embassy.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tamed: 12:59pm On May 08, 2009
Thank you very much for your response. I have received an emailed response from them telling me that under the data protection act, they cannot give me information about my mother unless she has given them written permission. So now I will, get her to email them again quoting her reference number and we'll see where we go from there. I shall keep you informed so that anyone in my position can benefit.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 12:28am On May 14, 2009
hi mj2008, its been 13days post my hearing date, no word yet, is this usual? whats the stage of ur decision? i ask cuz i opened d appeals link u sent me, it explains that there r still stages after d judge's decision except 1 where there's no contest.
thanks! and keep us posted!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2009
my uncle re-applied for UK work permit entry clearance on 22nd of April, 2009 to my surprised he has not heard anything from the embassy. When he checked d status on the UKVAC Webiste this weekend it says (My visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission). It's taking more than three weeks now and his  first application which was refused based on the fact that they tried to contact the employer but he was not responding 2 their questions and they believed that the work permit was not acquired in a genuine way (which is definately genuine) was sent back in 10 working days. Though his Solicitor in uk called him that they called on 13th of may to confirm their letter. Please kindly advise me through the look of things now is he going to be issued the visa. he has been in uk for 2 on working holiday before coming back to naija to apply for the work permit entry clearance (he got the work permit itself in uk). PLEASE YOUR URGENT AND CANDID ADVICE IS NEEDED.[b] Thanks[/b]
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by gamsteve(m): 10:48pm On May 18, 2009
housemate i salute everybody in jesus name amen.
please i will like everybody to follow me thank God for his wonderful miracle.
the so called UK embassy refused my application for three times for no reason.After the third application i went for an appeal and my appeal was lodged on 29th Dec 2008. surprising they called me after one month to come with my international passport, bank statement and a letter from my school confirming my admission.i did so and they gave me 3yrs and some months student visa
praise God, smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 3:01pm On May 20, 2009
Can anyone in the house let me know what is happening at british high commission nigeria concerning my brother uk visa application it's has been like a month he submitted but till now no response from them, though it's another application when the first was refused. Is the IT problem they av that is affecting it or what? Someone hinted me dat maybe it's sucessful and in queue for approval. Plz let me know what is happening.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by anamz: 2:27pm On May 25, 2009
PLEASE, MY QUESTION IS FOR EVERY ONE. (1) IS IT ENOUGH REASON TO DENY SOMEBODY A STUDENT VISA BECAUSE HE HAS NO ENOUGH MONEY IN HIS OWN BAMK ACCOUNT, EVEN THOUGH HIS FINANCIAL SPONSOR HAS ENOUGH MONEY AND PROVE OF AVAILABILITY OF FUND? (2) CAN VISA BE DENIED ON THE GROUND THAT THE APPLICANT HAS NO STRONG ENVESTMENTS THOUGH HE IS BEING SPONSORED? (3) HOW CAN ONE SUFFICIENTLY ADDRESS THESE ISUES AT APPEAL?

THANKS YOU ALL
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by anamz: 2:30pm On May 25, 2009
PLEASE, MY QUESTION IS FOR EVERY ONE.
(1) IS IT ENOUGH REASON TO DENY SOMEBODY A STUDENT VISA BECAUSE HE HAS NO ENOUGH MONEY IN HIS OWN BAMK ACCOUNT, EVEN THOUGH HIS FINANCIAL SPONSOR HAS ENOUGH MONEY AND PROVE OF AVAILABILITY OF FUND?
(2) CAN VISA BE DENIED ON THE GROUND THAT THE APPLICANT HAS NO STRONG ENVESTMENTS THOUGH HE IS BEING SPONSORED?
(3) HOW CAN ONE SUFFICIENTLY ADDRESS THESE ISUES AT APPEAL?

THANKS YOU ALL
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 9:34pm On May 26, 2009
hi mj2008, pataki, cvibe, mr crackles and everyone else! my sister called to tell me that d immigration judge allowed my appeal! praise God oo! i expect them to call me in the next few weeks!

il keep u all informed about each progress, thanks for ur advices and support particularly mj2008! God bless
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by anamz: 2:51pm On May 28, 2009
my good people of nairaland,

please i need as much help as you guys can give.

i have applied uk student visa twince and they were all denied by the ECO.

this last application was denied on the grounds stated below

1. that it was not clear how the course will benefit me

2. that my financial circumstances is not proportionate to the course i intend to study

3. that the financial circumstances of my sponsor was not clear

4. that my salaries did not reflect in my personal statement of account.

i have long submitted my appeal, but i want to know what the chances are.

i submitted to the embassy my sponsors bank statement, tax clearance, business invoice, and sponsorship letter.

i also submitted my personal bank statement though there was no much cash in it at the time, letter of employment, academic credentials, leave letter etc

what else were they expecting from a good man.

thank you all as you give attention to this issue
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by anamz: 3:01pm On May 28, 2009
my good people of nairaland,

please i need as much help as you guys can give.

i have applied  uk student visa twince and they were all denied by the ECO.

this last application was denied on the grounds stated below

1. that it was not clear how the course will benefit me

2. that my financial circumstances is not proportionate to the course i intend to study

3. that the financial circumstances of my sponsor was not clear

4. that my salaries did not reflect in my personal statement of account.

i have long submitted my appeal, but i want to know what the chances are.

i submitted to the embassy my sponsors bank statement, tax clearance, business invoice, and sponsorship letter.

i also submitted my personal bank statement though there was no much cash in it at the time, letter of employment, academic credentials, leave letter etc

what else were they expecting from a good man.

thank you all as you give attention to this issue
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by peter2010(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2009
Hello house, I want 2 really know how long reconsideration/review takes do be decided. My uncle was actually refused work permit entry clearance but was advised to put in letter of reconsideration to the British High Commision. I want to know the possibility of overturning decision through review. Has anyone got visa through dat before without appeal. Thanks alot.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2009
hi mj2008,

how are u? what's the situation with your progress now? was a copy of your determination faxed or emailed to the embassy here in lagos? or would we have to do teither of that? i haven't received an actual copy now, just that my sister scanned me copies of it,

what do we expect next? i heard it takes from four to six weeks before they call? true?

just checking, anyways, keep me informed, thanks, and God bless,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paramajit: 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2009
Hello friends,i am here to this nairaland and i greet you all .please i need your advises and helps.i applied for a student visa in february 2009 and was denied with right of appeal which i did and i got a call 4 days ago from the british high commission in abuja to come with my recent sponsorship state of account ,international passport and new admission letter of the school, the school will be resumming sept 14 and i am yet to obtain the new admission letter but i checked with the BRITISH ACCREDITION COUNCIL {BAC} website today and the school is not listed as i read on the internet that some school will be closed down ,please i need an advise if it is possible for me to look for another school and pay their tuition fees and get letter of acceptance, is it possible for me to take the letter of acceptance of another school to the British High Commission in Nigeria even though the new school letter was not the same school which i used when i was applying.please i wants to go to the british high commission but since i do not see the school not listed on the site of BAC although a friend of mine went to the school which i already paid for before and was told to bring my printed front page of my passport ,3 passport and the credentials which i used in applying but they are yet to get license from the British Council when i spoke with the school.do you think if i get their new offer letter,wont i have problem when i go to get my visa and about the sponsorship account,will the tier4 rules of 9600 pounds be used for me since i did not apply after March but before March.please i need a advise and please do not be angry with me if i did not post this at the right place as i am new
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by cvibe: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2009
Paramjit,

Stop giving yourself headache.

Call the school involved and explain the situation. They'll definitely tell you what to do.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paramajit: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2009
hello cvibe,
thnx so much for reply.i spoke with the school and told they dont know when to get the license yet from BAC but my friend who is already in the school told me that when he went for the new admission letter,he was told to bring my printed front page of my passport ,3 passport and the credentials which i used in applying but i am scared if they give me the new admission letter and later they were not accredited by the British Council,would i have problem of obtaining my VISA or is it possible i pay for part payment of another school and make it the same course and take it to the british high commission in abuja that called me.i awaits your response and thx for the response cvibe.God bless you
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by paramajit: 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2009
also this my friend who is in the college was admitted last year and has already finish with the college as he has finished writing his exams last month, so he is no longer in the school now but tryin to seek admission in the uni over there, thx
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2009
Hello house, wanna know what and why could be the delay by BDHC in contacting appeallant after appeal has been allowed since march ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Striker1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2009
My good people of Nairaland, does anyone know how long it takes to apply from inside Nigeria for the Tier 1 work permit, I'm done with my studies in the UK and back in Nigeria, things are not looking up in Naij and i'm looking to go back to the uk and keep husling there cos I'm entitled to the 2 yr work permit.
Any ideas/contribution will be very much appreciated !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2009
mikkko,what is the date of promulgation of your case?

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.