Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276905 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by janupappa: 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2009
well how much time theze days appeal taking?
may i know minimum n maximum time plzz?
and once my appeal date is decided , after that day how much time it took more?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tangochic: 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2009
I am an HSMP visa holder. My husby was an illegal immigrant and he returned home to apply for a visa as my dependant but was refused.
He was refused based on paragraph320(19) which states that his presence is non conducive to the public. while he was in the UK, we lived in a shared apartment which was raided by the police in connection to a reported fraud case, all the male occupiers were arrested but released on bail. He travelled to his country while on bail to regularise his status to prevent his status issue from arising in the process of the case going on.
The ECO refused his application stating that he did not answer ''yes'' to the question'Do u ve any conviction that is yet to be tried in court'. ECO went further to state that he was arrested in connection to fraud while in the uk so he does not believe is presence will be conducive to the UK public. He was asked to appeal. What is his chances of winning his appeal or if he reapply and state all the relevant information, would he be granted a visa?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by janupappa: 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2009
well how much time theze days appeal taking?
may i know minimum n maximum time plzz?
and once my appeal date is decided , after appeal successfully done after that day how much time it will took more?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Vicjustice: 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2009
tangochic:

I am an HSMP visa holder. My husby was an illegal immigrant and he returned home to apply for a visa as my dependant but was refused.
He was refused based on paragraph320(19) which states that his presence is non conducive to the public. while he was in the UK, we lived in a shared apartment which was raided by the police in connection to a reported fraud case, all the male occupiers were arrested but released on bail. He travelled to his country while on bail to regularise his status to prevent his status issue from arising in the process of the case going on.
The ECO refused his application stating that he did not answer ''yes'' to the question'Do u ve any conviction that is yet to be tried in court'. ECO went further to state that he was arrested in connection to fraud while in the uk so he does not believe is presence will be conducive to the UK public. He was asked to appeal. What is his chances of winning his appeal or if he reapply and state all the relevant information, would he be granted a visa?
   Did he defy a court order by leaving the UK while he had a pending criminal case?
   Though, you don't seem to have given the clear extent of the situations, but However, Whatever, this is a severe matter since it involves an illegal immigrant or resident who was arrested on suspicion of fraud, who probably left the UK while his case was pending, and yet attempted to conceal the fact with misleading information in order to obtain an entry clearance, and yet, his wife is an immigrant, howbeit legal.
   Why doesn't he finish up with the case and see how he can be cleared of the criminal charge(s) before this pursuit?
   Now, forget about the person who is involved, put yourself in the position of the ECO, would you issue your country's visa to someone of such calibre or reputation?
   But even if he gets the visa, won't he suspect that they issued it to him in order to lure him back to the UK so that they may put him to trial and send him to jail? wink smiley
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2009
@anyone who's been through and out with the appeal process,

i applied for the working holiday maker visa last yr and was denied, i did a second time correcting faults the eco found in my application but was denied a second time though i was given a right to appeal, i filed my appeal sometime in november last year before the new cases of their confusing 'tiers' were brought up, even that category which i applied for was scrapped off alongside others,

my sister who's resident in the uk is going to be my representative and she's been given a hearing date for sometime in april,

i'v also been going through appeal testimonies and talks here on nairaland and learnt that most appeal cases are successful which is good but i also learnt that even in all cases when the judge rules in favour of the appellant, a period of mybe 20 or 28 days(not sure) is given for the eco to either or not, appeal against the judge's decision,

what i want to know is how often is it that these people appeal against such decisions? and how long really does it take for a decision to be taken after the actual hearing?

i'll appreciate your answers,

thanks,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2009
Greetings to every one in the room most especially those that have helped immensely in NL.

Please I need help, I have just been refused a student visa in the British high commission here in Abuja.
This is the reason the ECO reason for denying me.

1. You say you want to go to the UK to pursue a diploma in computer studies in the UK.you are 26 years and unemployed. You have spent the last 5 years studying. You now propose to go to the UK at considerable expenses to pursue this course when I am aware that similar courses are readily available here in Nigeria, it is not clear from your application how the course will be of benefit to you.

2. You state that the cost of your tuition, maintenance and accommodation is to be borne by your step father. As evidence of his source of funds you have submitted photocopied document. It is there impossible to ascertain whether or not they are accurate reproductions of the original document. There is high level of forgery and fraud encounter in Nigeria, relating to the production of tempered with document of this type.

3. Insufficient evidence to substantiate your relationship to the sponsor.

Following careful consideration of the documentary evidence provided, I am not satisfied on the balance of probability that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to full time employment or public funds.

My propose course is one year diploma programme and the said course has commenced already on the 16 of this mouth, but I have defied my admission till September.

I have paid more that 60% of my tuition/ accommodation fees and I want to appeal against the ECO decision need the house to tell me what to really do in this case to enable me win the appeal.

Await swift response from good brothers and sister.

i need help
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2009
The new document that was submitted with the appeal form is photocopy of marriage certificate between my mum and my stepdad. Also sworn an oat taking that he will be liable for all my expenses through out my stay and that I am his step son.

The lawyer defended the other issues raised in writing and the course I applied for is CERTIFIED DATA BASE ADMINISTRATION STUDIES which is not in jamb syllabus.

My step was not able to get the original document now from the state house because he do not want to lose the contract, we now went ahead and certify all the document in a NOTARY PUBLIC. Hope the appeal lawyer will not dismissed my case because I summated certified document the second time.

Please advice me I really need to make amendment now and fax more covering document if I need to send.my appeal was received by the tribunal 30th of this mounth.

Please I need adivice.
Shanga
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2009
my sponsor also said in the appeal that he will make the original document available if the BHC here call me for an interview.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2009
@shanga

The possibility of the appeal going through between now and September is quite slim.

It's best you reapply and try as much as possible to get the ORIGINALS of whatever document you are submitting - yours or your step dad. The officials at VFS should have told you that. Not submitting originals is equal to an instant refusal these days. . . . Even if you pay your school / accommodation fees in full. 'certified true (photo)copies' will not fly especially for bank statements.

The possibility you will be called for an interview over a student visa application for a diploma course is very very slim. So don't wait for that. If your sponsor can give you the originals when (if) you are called for an interview, why can't he do same for your paper application

Take your time and fill the student visa forms correctly. Make sure all the answers you fill in the form are detailed and self-explainatory.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2009
[b]Thank you for your response funkybaby.

Please I want to you know that I submitted original bank statement of my sponsor, the document I submitted that is certified photocopy are:

1. Tax clearance
2. Certificate of incorporation
3. Contract deed between Guinness and my stepdad.

Other documents like school credential are all original.

I have already appeal against their decision and the document I included now with the appeal is certified marriage certificate and affidavit that he is my stepfather and that he will be responsible for all my expenses in the UK.

When I mention that my sponsor will give me the original document if they call me for interview is because if you win your appeal and you are ask to bring your current admission letter, I believe they will also tell me to come with the original document that I promised to show them if they call me for visa collection.

Now that I have already appealed, will it be possible for me to reapply again despite I have appealed? And what are my chances that they will not refuse me again if I reapply?

Await responses from the house thank you once again funkybaby.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by vivianzizi: 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2009
just make a fresh application, the home office likes money so they simply want you to make a fresh one. forget appeals you will not get it. make a fresh one with all the documents. best of luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2009
@shanga

There is no 100% guarantee that your appeal will be successful neither is there any guarantee that another application will be. In life, we all take chances

Yes, you can appeal and reapply at the same time

Forget all these talk of 'sworn affidavit' or certified true copy. That can be done by those touts that linger around court premises, so embassy does not really hold much importance to them.

It's totally wrong to submit photocopy of tax clearance.  Not with the high rate of fraudulent tax certs. Submit all other originals as well. The embassy will give them back to you (except bank statements)

Hope you are aware that student visa rules have changed effective 31st march 2009.

It's now categorized as tier 4. So read up the new rules. If you qualify and you have the required 40 points and 600 pounds monthly living expenses money (that's for outside London-mulitipy this by 12months-the duration of your study) in your bank
account, go ahead and reapply. If not, don't bother. Else it's going to be another refusal.

The requirements have all changed  undecided
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2009
shocked

Thank for your quick response.

I applied and appealed before the new law took effect (tier 4). And I believe they will not use the new law in my case in the appeal process.

I guess I will have to wait for them to conclude the appeal because at the moment i will not be able to meet up with the required 600 pounds per month.

Thank you and I await more response regarding this issue.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2009
but my stepdad has more than 30 million in is bank account or must i have the 600 x 12 pounds at my pesonal bank account.

advice me thank u
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2009
@shanga

The tier 4 thingy is still a lil confusing

From what I read (and understood) applicants must have the total (mainteanance) funds in their account at least one month before they submit their application

What I really do not understand is if it's OKAY for the funds to be 'moved' from the sponsor's account to the applicant's account prior to the time of submission or they want to see evidence ( in the bank statement)of the applicant earning the sum total
(£600 x 12) prior to time of applying

Regarding what happens to appeals submitted before 31st march 2009, I think the new rule will still apply to them. Fine, you won your appeal but you will still need to have the required points and also the mainteanance funds before the embassy will stamp the visa on your passport

You are only lucky to have submitted your appeal before the deadline.

The right to appeal has been cancelled for all student visa refusals decided after 31st march 2009

Goggle and read up the Tier 4 rules and requirements
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
these uk visa tier rules are so demanding!!! shocked how person go do?, the problem is, no matter how many times you read the requirements, you actually don't get the real picture!!! too confusing too, all of them, tier 0, grin

@funkybaby, londoncool and the pioneers, read my story and advise, i hope these tiers won't affect my appeal, cuz i already filed like three days before news of the changes were made public,

thanks,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
and pataki too, una many sef, where do i reall want to start from, oya, please read my post and reply,

thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 1:57am On Apr 03, 2009
@ awoll,

You are still within cover. Since you got your appeal in right before the deadline and scrapping of the WHM, if you win the appeal, you would be granted your visa.

@ House,

Things have gotten tighter! I have heard that for those resident in the UK wishing to change to Tier1 General, the minimum educational requirement is a Masters degree, and no more a bachelors degree.

No more student visa appeal! shocked
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 11:58am On Apr 03, 2009
Good day funky baby and Pataki and everybody in the house.

My appeal application was received 30th of March last mouth. And actually they gave me appeal form to appeal against their decision. Please I want to know if this new tier will affect my appeal because they received my appeal before the 31 of March when this their law begins.

Please I need info from the house thank you

wa domu
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Pataki: 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2009
@ shanga,

In as much as you submitted your application before the 31st of March, then you have nothing to be afraid of.

All the best.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2009
@funky

Lol. i was just passing by. A note to let u know i was here.

Am now in lagoosiii, hmmmm seeking for jaobs
Lol grin cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by guseman(m): 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2009
@funky

Lol. i was just passing by. A note to let u know i was here.

Am now in lagoosiii, hmmmm seeking for jaobs
Lol grin cheesy
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by blackspade(m): 3:49pm On Apr 03, 2009
[size=15pt]UK Launches New Student Immigration System[/size]

Abuja — Henceforth, Nigerian students who wish to study in the UK will be able to apply for their visa through Tier 4 of the new streamlined Points Based System.

Under the new transparent system, Nigerian students will need to prove that they have been accepted onto a course run by an education institution which is a UK Border Agency (UKBA) licensed Tier 4 sponsor. They will also need to prove that they have the means to support themselves, and supply their biometric details at their nearest visa application centre.

If granted a visa, the new regulations allow international students to undertake part-time work of up to 20 hours per week during term time, full time work during the holidays and undertake any course related work placements.

Jason Ivory, the UKBA Operations Manager in a statement by the British High Commission, said "Nigerian students have a lot to gain from studying in the UK and can now see whether they are eligible for a visa before they even apply - making the system much clearer and easier to understand. The aim is to make the application process more transparent and straightforward.

"For the first time, all independent fee-paying schools, colleges and universities that want to accept international students to study with them now need a licence to do so.

"This will help the UK Government crack down on bogus colleges, something which will be welcome news to many Nigerian students." who can now be sure the language school, college or university they intend to study at is an approved educational institution.

"So far over a thousand UK institutions have signed up to sponsor international students".

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/32622/47/
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 7:51am On Apr 07, 2009
@ shanga

Since your student visa application was made before the Tier 4 effective date which is 31 Mar 2009, your appeal proceeds.  Student visa apps from  31 Mar 2009 going forward, will no longer be allowed to appeal but will have administrative review instead as per the new Tier 4 rules.

I am now waiting for my appeal determination, my case was heard on 27 Mar 2009.  My sister was the one who attended the hearing as my rep and she said that the hearing lasted 10 minutes and there was no rep from home office presenting officer unit either. 

Hope you submitted the original docs as your case involves the eco not satisfied with the certified copies.  I think the AIT will just make photo copies of the orig docs and you can request that your originals be mailed back to you.  Pls contact/email the AIT customer service for this.

God bless!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by shanga(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2009
Thank u Mj2008 and every one in the house.

please note that i did not submit the original copies with my appeal,because i was told that appeal office dont return original copies back.and also the lawyer that made my appeal said in the appeal that i will take the original copies to the embassy for site seeing.

My step dad said he will no take the risk to send the original document through post.

that is the reason he personal went to the NOTARY PUBLIC to notrify the photocopy document.

Please if there is still room 4 me to make amendment tell me let me act fast,because i really need to win my appeal.

thank u
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 7:13am On Apr 08, 2009
shanga, you can email the AIT at Customer.Service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk and inquire about the possibility of additional submission of orig. docs and request them to mail back after. It is critical that these originals should reach the hands of the AIT as it is the immig judge that's going to decide your case. AIT customer service is quite effecient in that they endeavor to reply/attend to inquiries at hand asap.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2009
@mj2008,

great, now i'v heard from someone who is actually post-hearing phasical, nice, my hearing date comes up at the end of the month, wat do i expect after?

na true say eco fit appeal against the judge's decision? cuz what i read on the home office website in the appeals' section only states that the judge makes his decision known to the concerned parties ten days after the actual hearing but no talk about it been contested for any reason afterwards,

pls, be sure to update ur status and ANY developments as it'll guide our thoughts and part expectations.

wish u the best in ur outcome,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by sko(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2009
why was Shanga refused visa in the fist place?only if he had the priviledge of professional advice
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by yettidear(f): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2009
Hello All(Ako,Funky,Paribus & Co.),

Remember me?? the girl that got a fake tax clearance from a supposed ITK agent on NL.

My appeal was denied.Just as ppl foresaw.It had no concrete facts for my defence and AIT disallowed it.

Just to give u the conclusion of the whole case.

I had already moved on with my life though. Have a great job.awaiting the other 'M'.   .   .   have professional certificates, which have taken me higher in my career.

This is to advice ppl out there to look before leaping.    .     .    .some agents can be the Devil themselves not telling you the truth until in explode right in your face.

All the best to ppl awaiting their appeal decisions.

Cheers!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.