Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

My Near Death Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Near Death Experience (28471 Views)

We Are Hiring Near You Apply Now General Cashier / World Bank Africa Fellowship Program! Calling On All(fresh/near Complete) Ph.Ds / Write About What Is Happening Near You And Get Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near Death Experience by fretfingers: 9:54am On Mar 29, 2016
Platteon,

I stand with u on some of what you said...

The only thing is, we react differently to issues like this... The OP could have been in a state of shock to the extent that he would have been made to relax by rescuers to ease the shock and I want to assume the same rescuers were trying to get the trapped out of the vehicle (he mentioned FRSC)...

Regardless what u r actually trying to point out is selflessness and sense of duty- u r right about that... But I think the OP would have done that after recovering from the shock and realising there was nobody around to rescue the trapped...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near Death Experience by plaetton: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2016
bomsybomsy:
Oh my God....What are you saying,Do you care about is mental health at that time.He needed a psychological assistance at that moment.You still want him go & help the injured,So you want to see him injured,Before you know that is dieing inside.If you cant join in thanking God for is life,i'll only say,your not a true nairalander and your naturelly wicked,You that is wicked calling someone else wicked.Funny.Very Funny.Sha,That is life for you..

The hypocrisy of people like you nauseates me.

If you're ever in that type of situation, I just hope that you are not surrounded by selfish people like the OP , who would casually walk away and leave you in a hopeless fate.
Re: My Near Death Experience by AkumahTalk(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2016
Reread my post to understand it then go back and study your bible.
Malakh:
not everyone is condemned to death didn't Yahshua say there are some of you who wouldn't taste of death until they see Him coming in His glory,there's also a first resurrection which gives the saints immortal bodies,if you don't understand Scriptures don't surmise because your interpretations are not of Yah but of your evil mind,when it says Hell has enlarged itself,Scriptures is talking about the king of pride, Lucifer,I dont mind shining the Light of YHWH on you but dont surmise next time,you can kill people's faith like that,remember what happened to those that brought an evil report to Moses after searching the land,you have been admonished
Re: My Near Death Experience by paschu: 10:20am On Mar 29, 2016
plaetton:

Bullshyte.

Thanking God for his life when he couldn't care of helping to save others?

What moral universe do you people live in ?

Your moral schizophrenia shocks me.

This is true. Funny I did not notice it when I read the story. OP you probably need to throw more light on this. Was there any reason you did not feel compeled to help those in that bus who didn't get as furtunate as you got? Or was it that you did not just think anything about it, probably because of your burning resolve not to miss the interview you were scheduled for that morning?

2 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by Malakh: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2016
my message wasn't for you but for those people whose faith you attempted to kill
AkumahTalk:
Reread my post to understand it then go back and study your bible.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by chrispratt: 10:51am On Mar 29, 2016
plaetton:

Two years ago, a brother of a friend was involved in similar accident along Benin / Ore express.

He got out with no visible physical injuries. He spent the time rescuing those trapped in the vehicle. He actually helped in taking the injured to the hospital in the area.
By the time they taken the last victim to the hospital, he collapsed at the hospital and later died from internal injuries sustained in the accident.

My point here is that this young man spent his last moments on Earth saving lives, even at the expense of his own.
There cannot be a nobler death than that.

It's in sharp contrast to this lucky young man who had no time to lend a hand to the injured and trapped.

Yeah... Considering that he is now thanking God that he changed seat and very likely could have been the one trapped in the vehicle. If I were the one trapped I would hope that someone were kind enough to help in case there was a small chance I could make it. Every second counts

It's sad that his first instinct wasn't to help the people that found themselves unfortunately trapped but to jump into a free ride going in the direction of his interview. Or perhaps he felt there were other people in a better position to help?

Good for him but I thank God there are still some selfless people out there. God forbid I ever find myself in that situation, if I survive I pray that I would do what I deem to be the right thing.

However, the initial shock of the event might cause one not to be too rational. It's easy to assume we would do this or that but one can never know for sure.

4 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by Otsealu1(f): 12:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
richiepolymer:

Similar experience happened to me in February this year. A big Daewoo bus (comrade bus) veered off its lane and swerved towards us and bang!!!! I was sitting in the front with the driver. Honestly ......I cried seeing those who gave up the ghost as help didn't come. Immediately, my life started playing like a movie before my eyes. Several questions started running through my mind. Was I proud of the life I had lived in the past? I saw another wicked part of Nigerians in behaviour. They approach the accident scene and say eyaa....they take photos and zoom off! Even the police refused to help accident victims. FRSC and NSCDC showed up later to help. For respect of the departed, I refused to take photographs of any lifeless body or bleeding victim just the bus wreckage. Let me tell us all, nobody knows the minute his number will be called. The earthly death does not need anybody's permission to knock on his door. When the time comes even our conscience starts judging us immediately, especially when you know you haven't lived right. I had a second chance, I know what I felt and vowed to totally disconnect myself from all earthly vice that has been a limitation to me. Fellow nairalanders, hmm.....a word is enough.

Mine was on the second of January this year. I was travelling to Delta state from Benin. When the bus started the journey, i just brought out my phone and started playing music with the ear piece on then rested my head on my hand at the back of the seat in my front. But to God be the glory that i woke up with pain on the third day to find myself in the hospital with my family members around me all jubilating thanking God for bringing me back to life because my situation was so critical that the first hospital i was taken to in Agbor rejected me and referred me to Uniben teaching hospital. But to God be the glory that today am a living testimony. In fact when i heard the number of people that died in that vehicle, i cant help but keep thanking God for sparing my life. I remembered before i left for that journey that day, i called my mum to ask for forgiveness for disobeying her instruction on a family issue sha and she told me that she has forgiven me and prayed seriously with all her heart for me and God honoured that prayer and kept me alive

6 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
death from accident is too scary. it is better for one to sleep n not wake up
Re: My Near Death Experience by richiepolymer(m): 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
It is well.
I understand the feeling. In that situation, our inner eyes just opens to see that this material world is nothing. One cannot have such an experience and still hold on to grudges, quarrels, fights and other vanities. Indeed there is a life after this life.

Otsealu1:

Mine was on the second of January this year. I was travelling to Delta state from Benin. When the bus started the journey, i just brought out my phone and started playing music with the ear piece on then rested my head on my hand at the back of the seat in my front. But to God be the glory that i woke up with pain on the third day to find myself in the hospital with my family members around me all jubilating thanking God for bringing me back to life because my situation was so critical that the first hospital i was taken to in Agbor rejected me and referred me to Uniben teaching hospital. But to God be the glory that today am a living testimony. In fact when i heard the number of people that died in that vehicle, i cant help but keep thanking God for sparing my life. I remembered before i left for that journey that day, i called my mum to ask for forgiveness for disobeying her instruction on a family issue sha and she told me that she has forgiven me and prayed seriously with all her heart for me and God honoured that prayer and kept me alive

2 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by butanep(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
Loisemm:
Op, thank God for saving your life and even taking you further to make the interview. Did u get the job? Are u enjoying it now? For me, ur friends had a point in saying you should have returned home after that accident. I found out personally that jobs that come after such ill luck or mishaps are not for you. I got a juicy one too after armed robbers attacked my bus on my way for a test. After 4 months on the job, I quit. Wasted effort, money and time travelling etc.
butanep, I got goose bumbs from reading ur story. My Oh my... I am sure u packed out of that house the next morning! Thank God u did not succumb to pressure to open the door later. U would hv been a real goner for life! God has plans for ur life oo.

Good is faithful. I left the place the following day and packed 2weeks later. The guyz came to check for me days after but I ve moved to school hostel.

The shock of the incident still revolves in my mind till date but I thank God I escaped the plans of the devil.

2 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by Dainikel(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Thank God for your life OP & every one who have shared close experience. Just like someone mentioned some deaths in Nigeria are actually man-made ranging from poor roads, inadequate security, poor infrastructures & facilities all rapidly aiding 1000ways one could die in a day.
I have also experienced several minor road accidents & it has been God all through but the closest experience I had was just a year yesterday during the presidential election. How God used 2 villagers to help me escape from the hands of some angry youths who stormed the polling unit with guns (because we arrived late at our polling unit & they concluded we had reasoned with a politician & collected money to rig the result before arriving) just makes me shudder each time I remember the experience & to think the police officers who were to act as our security personnel fled even before the other corpers & APO III could find their feet.
This life is all vanity indeed. May God give us the grace to positively maximise the little time we all have here on earth & preserve our lives from untimely evil.

2 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience by Dainikel(m): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
butanep:

Good is faithful. I left the place the following day and packed 2weeks later. The guyz came to check for me days after but I ve moved to school hostel.

The shock of the incident still revolves in my mind till date but I thank God I escaped the plans of the devil.
Mehn bro I really thank God for your life, I wouldn't know what I would have done if I were in your shoes...U're damn brave man.
Re: My Near Death Experience by Jengbetiele: 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
richiepolymer:
It is well.
I understand the feeling. In that situation, our inner eyes just opens to see that this material world is nothing. One cannot have such an experience and still hold on to grudges, quarrels, fights and other vanities. Indeed there is a life after this life.

You are absolutely right!
Re: My Near Death Experience by afreekah: 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
Joavid:
I bet it was a local park and the cheapest fare you could afford.

seriously, what do you expect when you enter a rickety bus, a smooth ride?

am sure there were rice sacks, Ghana-must-go bags and all sorts of heavy bags strapped to the bus, on top and bursting out of the booth.

if you wanna travel by road, do it well.
there are reputable transport companies that take safety seriously and do not exceed a certain speed limit.

I hope you got the job?

What's this one saying? It's only local park buses that gets accident? Mtchewwww, another wannabe butti.
Re: My Near Death Experience by vanvick247(m): 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
butanep:
I thank God every day for the gift of life. The life is just so mysterious that no one can permutate his departure time.

My near death experience occurred to me in my final year as an undergraduate in the ever popular Ekosodin @ UNIBEN. It was a nightmare that still remain fresh in my memory till date. It almost had a psychological effect on me.

I was attacked by 6 hefty boys by 1am. After robbing the other occupant of the hostel, they came to my room that is well protected with double iron gate. They knocked and I refused to open because I know they can't gain entrance to my room. I was with my side chick that night. They shouted in anger... Open the door or you die... I hide my laptops, phones and other electronic gadgets with me including that of the babe and money. she started crying... please open the door for them. As a stubborn guy I refused. I though they will knock and leave thereafter...

The became angry because I refused to open the door. They brough out their axe and destroyed my glasses. That wasn't enough, they started hitting my window protector with their axe... they said since I refused to open, they will break the protector to meet me. I became cold. What should I do? The babe has melted already leaving me to brainstorm ideas to savage the situation... They continue to hit the protector harder and the protector became weak...

This time they said " we must kill you when we come inside". I was so cold. It was between life and death. I though of escaping through the ceiling but what will now happen to the babe. My head was just generating ideas every seconds. I went closer to the window protector and use brain to collect the axe from them because the axe hooked to the protector as they hit. I drag the axe inside my room. They were handicap. They brought out an iron rod to hit the protector so it can fall, I then connected light to the protector. One of them said " we must kill this boy", he is too stubborn. This guy must die... they said. I was just think how it will be if they finally succeeded in breaking the protector. I saw weeping and applying brain. I was too late to open the door.

I never knew they came with a gun. Immediately they brough it out, nepa took the light. God of heaven I said... I was sweating like someone in a battle field. I ran out of ideas because they were not interested in robbing again but after my life. They brought out their touch light. As they began to find the next possible step to break into my room, a gun shoot came from somewhere close. They became afraid. I saw it on their faces. They asked themselves who shut the gun but no one could explain. 5mins later, another gun shoot came and they all ran. I almost collapsed. I thought my end has come. My babe has slept off on the floor sweating bitterly. I woke her up and she cried till dawn.

The experience affected me psychologically for months before I gain my balance. God was the ultimate reason I escaped that mysterious robbing attack. I thank God for saving me till date... Baba Ose

Guy you get mind die!! Thank God for the mysterious gun shots wen make dose end time niggas run o!! Else na diff story we for dey talk o!!
Re: My Near Death Experience by butanep(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
Dainikel:

Mehn bro I really thank God for your life, I wouldn't know what I would have done if I were in your shoes...U're damn brave man.

I really thank God. Anytime I remember that day, I just lie down to worship God.

I didn't know where the mind even came from but I conquered @ the end by His Grace.
Re: My Near Death Experience by butanep(m): 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
vanvick247:

Guy you get mind die!! Thank God for the mysterious gun shots wen make dose end time niggas run o!! Else na diff story we for dey talk o!!

I thank God bros... He is faithful.

When person don over watch America film, he go wan act his own part... I swear the part I acted wasn't funny @ all.
Re: My Near Death Experience by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
0955eb027:
its nt an easy tin to ply dat road o.. dere was a tym lyk dat, say 2014.. Al dose big tankers driven by dose hausa men was tryin to ovatake, bt alas, dere was no space for t to enta its lane bak.. Thats how it faced us, our own driver on d oda hand was on full speed n just had to swerve n enta d bush.. Honestly, i tot dat was it.. Stil gat to follow dat road 1ce mre dis year..
A similar experience happened to me also. It even happened today, cos I travelled to ogbomoso today. I just thank God for journey mercy sha. At least I know I have scaled through.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by butanep(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
Dainikel:
Thank God for your life OP & every one who have shared close experience. Just like someone mentioned some deaths in Nigeria are actually man-made ranging from poor roads, inadequate security, poor infrastructures & facilities all rapidly aiding 1000ways one could die in a day.
I have also experienced several minor road accidents & it has been God all through but the closest experience I had was just a year yesterday during the presidential election. How God used 2 villagers to help me escape from the hands of some angry youths who stormed the polling unit with guns (because we arrived late at our polling unit & they concluded we had reasoned with a politician & collected money to rig the result before arriving) just makes me shudder each time I remember the experience & to think the police officers who were to act as our security personnel fled even before the other corpers & APO III could find their feet.
This life is all vanity indeed. May God give us the grace to positively maximise the little time we all have here on earth & preserve our lives from untimely evil.

When one is close to death, that's when you know there is nothing in this life.

I ve choose to make my life be an impact to others.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience by vanvick247(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2016
butanep:

I thank God bros... He is faithful.

When person don over watch America film, he go wan act his own part... I swear the part I acted wasn't funny @ all.

As in eh!!! Jack Bauer sef na learner for where u dey so bro. But in all na Baba God 3much.
Re: My Near Death Experience by datigbogirl: 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
richiepolymer:

Similar experience happened to me in February this year. A big Daewoo bus (comrade bus) veered off its lane and swerved towards us and bang!!!! I was sitting in the front with the driver. Honestly ......I cried seeing those who gave up the ghost as help didn't come. Immediately, my life started playing like a movie before my eyes. Several questions started running through my mind. Was I proud of the life I had lived in the past? I saw another wicked part of Nigerians in behaviour. They approach the accident scene and say eyaa....they take photos and zoom off! Even the police refused to help accident victims. FRSC and NSCDC showed up later to help. For respect of the departed, I refused to take photographs of any lifeless body or bleeding victim just the bus wreckage. Let me tell us all, nobody knows the minute his number will be called. The earthly death does not need anybody's permission to knock on his door. When the time comes even our conscience starts judging us immediately, especially when you know you haven't lived right. I had a second chance, I know what I felt and vowed to totally disconnect myself from all earthly vice that has been a limitation to me. Fellow nairalanders, hmm.....a word is enough.

My dear the only earthly vice one can have is hatred against his God and Man.

As long as you're in Christ Jesus and you got no hatred for your neighbour then you gat now worries.
Re: My Near Death Experience by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 31, 2016
afreekah:

What's this one saying? It's only local park buses that gets accident? Mtchewwww, another wannabe butti.

e dey pain you....

ntoorrrh tongue

can't even read to understand. rotten boy.
Re: My Near Death Experience by afreekah: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2016
Joavid:

e dey pain you....

ntoorrrh tongue

can't even read to understand. rotten boy.

Like seriously, you think I have your time? Spoilt brat. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Recruitment For Graduate Trainees - Flour Operations / Get The Best, Hottest And Most Recent Job Offers And Openings In Nigeria / NIMC Make-up Test, Who Else Got The Text?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.