Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

New Story : Afraid To Love - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Story : Afraid To Love (32906 Views)

I Hate To Love Him / The New Story Of Harry Potter And The Cursed Child / New Story: 'anini Reloaded' By Ayis Eliboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:35pm On May 19, 2016
Afraid to love - Episode 23

By Patience Ahworegba

“Even on your sick bed, you are being unkind to me.”

He scoffed. “I am not sick. I am doing just fine. I want to be alone.” he emphasized on the last word.

She let his hand drop to the bed. “I don’t trust you, I’m not leaving you alone. I am sure you are expecting your so-called virgin. I won’t give you that chance.” She stood her ground.

Jeremy sighed and faced the other side of the bed. How was he going to dismiss her? His vitality and strength was all gone. Thanks to whatever happened to him. Now he was confined to a bed in the hospital with a woman he’d made the mistake of ever dating.

“You want to be with her, don’t you?” Tricia broke into his thoughts.

She was talking about Purity. She could know something. She had even threatened to do a terrible thing just to have him for herself. He could vividly remember that. Could she have a hand in Purity’s not coming to visit him? Did she threaten her or do something terrible to her? Now that this idea had struck him, he noticed that he hadn’t set his eyes on his cell phone. Gosh! He could have called her. He sighed sadly. His gaze met Tricia’s, there was concern, worry and sadness in her eyes. Were those feelings genuine? “Tricia, I’m sorry I treat you this way. I am not happy,” he confessed, “I’m here, unable to do anything. I really need to see Purity, she could help me heal. Do you know where she could be?”

“You are asking the impossible,” she replied mockingly, “Your virgin and I aren’t friends. How could I know why she has not come visiting?”

He instantly looked sorry. “I’m sorry. I thought you cared about me.”

Gradually, he was going to fall for her, again. “Baby, please don’t say that. I really do care about you.” She pushed herself closer to him. Taking his right hand, she placed it on her chest, “Can you feel my heartbeat? It really beats for you.”

“If you really care about me, tell me where she is.”

Tricia rolled her eyes. “Honestly, I have no idea where she is. I have not even caught a glimpse of her after your engagement night.” She smiled to herself, recalling the events of that night.

“You must be very happy. She has disappeared. You think you’ve got me now?”

She smiled triumphantly, “I don’t need her to disappear into thin air to have you. You were always mine and would continue to be mine. She must have figured that out and let us be. We are now alone, we’re meant to be.”

Jeremy managed a smile. “She has my heart. I love her very much. More than any woman I’ve dated or even slept with. She’s my choice.”

Pain. Anger Jealousy. Tricia got off the bed, dropping his hand. “And does she know you love her?”

“Of course she does.”

She couldn’t take it anymore. The jealousy had seeped into her. He hatred towards Purity intensified. How could Jeremy do this to her? Even when she was nowhere to be found, she was still hurting her. Her anger almost drove her crazy. She had to get a hold of herself. “Jeremy, you don’t have a heart. For the years we dated, for once, you never mentioned that word ‘love’ to me. When did you meet this girl? You’re really a b-----d.”

“Tricia never cared about love,” he retorted calmly. “All you cared about was sleeping with me and having a companion. I regret falling for you and being your victim.”

“I can’t believe this. That’s not true. You knew my feelings, you knew I loved you.”

Jeremy tried sitting up and succeeded in doing so. He felt slight pains, though. “I thought I knew, I was wrong.”

Jealousy and bitterness engulfed her like wildfire. “Well, I hope she dies wherever she is. I hope she is never found and rots in hell!” She was panting heavily. She knew those words would hurt Jeremy just as it hurts when a bee stings someone.

“You b---h-”

“Hold it!” Allan reprimanded Jeremy. He boldly moved towards the two parties, fiercely getting ready to draw the battle line. He smiled on seeing their angry faces. Watching people fight, yell at eachother was what he loved doing and all that amused him. Yet, he wasn’t going to allow it this time. The victim was his patient and a very close friend, he wouldn’t let his hobby make him lose this one friend in a fight. “Jeremy, you are not ready for all this fuss,” he looked at Tricia, “How did you get in here?”

She rolled her eyes and hissed.

Dr. Allan soon his head pitiably, “Please leave, you are already causing my patient enough trouble and discomfort. Use the door,” he was firm.

“I’ll be back.” She walked out of the room.

“Jeremy, I’m disappointed in you. What sort of argument is that? You’re supposed to be resting and trying to get your memory back.”

Jeremy nodded sadly. “She just got me worked up.”

“Its okay,” Allan replied with a grin.

“I can remember everything. I swear, I can.”

Tricia angrily stomped out of the ward. She was pacing here and there. Unpleasant feelings ran through her blood. d--n this Purity! Why did she have to come? If she had not showed her sorry face into their lives, Jeremy would have been hers. Jeremy had never called her names before, but he did – all because of a so-called fiancee.
“No, no,” she said to herself, “I must take her place. I must take her place in Jeremy’s heart. I am to be his wife. I hope she never comes back,” she concluded, dialling a number on her cell.

“Do you have any idea where Purity is?” Tricia asked as soon as her cell beeped.

“I don’t,” Ernest replied over the phone.

“Not with me. I know you have her,” Tricia replied, getting upset.

“So? Why did you ask if I already did?”

She smiled evily. “Want to confirm that. Well, thanks for smashing whatever you smashed on his head; it did me a lot of good. He lost part of his memory. Don’t hurt him, next time.”

“Its good to hear that. You want to see her?” Ernest asked, less concerned.

“I don’t want to. I won’t be able to stop myself from tearing her into pieces if I ever set my eyes on her,” she maliciously replied.

“Its my love we’re talking about here,” he replied, upset.

“Whatever, just get out with her to a very far away place. Be with her, I want to be with Jeremy.” She disconnected the call.

She heaved a sigh of relief. That call made her come alive again. It felt really good to know that Purity was with Ernest and was never coming back. No matter how Jeremy searched, he’d never find her. She was long gone, gone forever. She’d play the role of Purity and make him have eyes only for her. She chuckled wickedly.
“Please, excuse me,” she said to a nurse passing, “Where is the bathroom? I really want to freshmen up. I spent the night here, my fiance’s admitted.”
“I can remember everything. I swear I can,” Jeremy opened up to Allan, his trusted friend and doctor. He had to tell someone. He couldn’t hide the excitement he felt in getting his memory back. Just one thing hurt him – her disappearance.

“Are you being serious?” Allan questioned. “You haven’t gotten enough rest, neither have you completed your medication and your memory just pops out like that? Or you didn’t lose it all?”

Jeremy laughed on hearing his last statement. “She has been on my mind. I’ve been asking after her since I became conscious.”

Allan grabbed a seat and pulled it closer to Jeremy’s bed. He was keen on hearing what happened to Purity – Jeremy’s wife-to-be. He dropped his weight on the chair, comfortably. “That should be the reason why. How are you feeling now?” He was trying to ask the necessary things a doctor should. He never wanted Jeremy to find out that he was really interested in his story.

Jeremy sighed. “I still hurt, but better than yesterday.”

“That’s good. I’ll send the n-”

“Please, listen to what I have to say as a friend, ” Jeremy caught him off, “You can do your job as a doctor later.” Jeremy pleaded.

Allan’s eye danced with excitement. This was what he’d been waiting for. He smiled, “Let’s hear it.”

“We had an argument. I think she has been abducted.”

“Ab-” the word got stuck in his throat, “Abducted? How do you mean? I don’t understand you.”

“Shh…. Keep your voice down,” Jeremy cautioned. “It was at her father’s country house. Something was up, we fought over it till she mentioned that my mother’s last wish was that we get married. I was stunned hearing that and left her to herself. As I was outside,” he paused and took a very deep breath. This was the painful side of the incident, “I heard her scream loudly. I ran inside, but I couldn’t find her there. I could her hear cry softly, but she was nowhere to be found. I searched, then tried dialling 911, then I felt something break in pieces on my head, I fell to the ground and drifted to being unconscious. I woke up here.”

Allan took a deep breath. He didn’t think for a second that Jeremy’s story would be a sad one. He was hoping to hear something romantic, what would make Jeremy happy and heal faster. Sadness crept into him. He got up and held Jeremy by the shoulder, “I’m sorry man. Its an unpleasant story, indeed. Are sure this is all that happened?”

Jeremy nodded, already getting comfort from his friend. “That’s it. Was my cell brought here with me here?”

Allan shook his head. “It wasn’t. Just you. Blood oozing out of your head and you know…”

“Who found me? How did they get me here?” He still couldn’t lay his fingers on it.

“I think it was Aaron Theodore. I don’t know the full detail.” The fact that his fiancee had been kidnapped had not fully registered on his brain. “She really was kidnapped? Its hard to believe.”

“I don’t know how to tell her parents and brothers. I just don’t know how to. Its so confusing.”

“We’d do something about it. I will help you out.” Allan resumed his seat and kept thinking on how to find Purity and get Jeremy out of the mess he was in now. “Why don’t we inform the cops? They’ll start investigating soon.”

“No, no, no.” Jeremy protested. “I have a better idea. Please hand me your cell.”

Allan willingly gave it to him. Jeremy collected it happily and scrolled through the contact list. In no time, the cell was on his left ear. He waited for the call to be answered and for a response.

“Doctor Allan,” a masculine voice called excitedly over the phone. “Its so nice of you to call.”

Jeremy smiled on hearing his voice. The voice of his childhood buddy. He was still the same, he could tell from the voice. “Detective Darren, its been a long time. How are you faring over there?”

Allan grinned widely on hearing the name – Darren. Now, he knew Jeremy’s idea.

“No. This isn’t my doctor’s voice,” there was silence for a while. “Oh, yeah! Its my boss, the only heir to the Broderick’s. Jeremy Broderick, how are you?”

He smiled gleefully. It seemed his problems where starting to disappear. “Well, I’m kinda okay. I’ll get straight to the point. I need your help-”

Allan snatched the phone from Jeremy, taking him by surprise. “We need your help. Get to New York as fast as you can. We really need you man.” He tapped the red button when he finished pleading. He had gotten his friend’s attention. He knew he’d return to New York in a day or two. He smiled to himself.

Jeremy stared at him, visibly upset, “What was that for?”

“He’ll be here soon. His curiosity and concern will drive him down here.”

“Oh,” It was Jeremy’s turn to smile. “Smart doc.”
She nodded, showing gratitude to the nurse that had directed her to the bathroom. She turned and swiftly walked to Jeremy’s room. After having a refreshing bath, she was going to dress seductively and have Jeremy drool all over her. The time in the world belonged to her to get him, but she was going to use them wisely and make him need and only want her for the rest of his life. She smiled to herself as she continued walking to meet him. She was so much enjoying her plans being played in her mind. She felt she had won, she had succeeded. She hadn’t smiled this much, neither had she felt this happy in days.

As the door neared her, she saw Jeremy and the doctor discussing. He was still here?, she wondered. What were they talking about? Her interest was aroused. She tiptoed to the door and positioned her right ear to the door, to catch everything being said by the duo.
“Doc, I think there’s a surveillance camera at that house,” Jeremy blurted out with a look of uncertainty.

“What?” Allan responded. He was taken unawares by jeremy’s sudden outburst.

Jeremy tried to think harder, “Did I say one? There should be lots of them.”

“Jeremy, calm down. Let it out, one at a time. Breathe, breathe.”

He took a deep a deep breath in and out. “That was my third time of being there. I noticed that there are cameras placed for observation. They are very tiny and not easily seen. I doubt Purity would know of them. But I had caught a glimpse of them once or twice.”

“Hmm. If the cameras are really there, we need to get the tapes and see who is behind this whole scheme,” Allan replied, thoughtfully.

“Yes, real fast. I need to find my princess, I really need to save her.”
“b------s!” Tricia was enraged. She was vitrolic. “He remembers, he knows everything, but he pretended not to. He’s a betrayer. He had been deceiving me.”

Unable to control her emotions, she pushed the door open, violently and made her presence known by not the doctor and patient. She walked with heavy steps.

“What are you doing here?” Allan questioned.
Both he and Jeremy were startled by her rude entry.

She glared at Allan. “I came to get my things,” she threw a cold look at Jeremy and proceeded to pick up her things.

They watched her in silence.

“Have a great day,” she wished them halfheartedly and made to leave. She slammed the door behind her.

“I don’t trust her one bit.”Allan muttered.

.. To be continued
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:38pm On May 19, 2016
Afraid to love- Episode 24

By Patience Ahworegba

“It has to be here,” a male voice whispered to a person behind him. They were both in a control room. The room was dark as night. In order to aid their vision through the room, flashlights was with each of them.

The lights kept flashing here and there, as they both searched for something. It was really important. And they had to do it quickly. No one could find them, no one had to see them, they just had to get the d--n tape and flee.

They hid their faces behind masks and were dressed in dark clothes. The camera – they didn’t want it capturing their faces. The taller of the two moved towards the computer screen he saw as a result of the flashlight he held. He situated the flashlight on the table where the computer would enable him search for that tape. He carefully searched for it.

The other accomplice dressed in the same attire as his, distracted him by tugging his shirt.

He got angry. “What’s up with you? Let me quickly get this and get out of here! Give me some space.”

His partner refused to comply, he kept hovering around him. “I am scared,” that was a female’s voice, “Let me get close to you.”

He was feeling angry, more and more. “I did not ask you to come here with me, did I? If you are frightened, you can go back home.”

“So rude,” she mumbled.

He ignored her and continued what he was doing. His heart gladened as he put the monitor on and the videos saved were displayed. He held on to the mouse, scrolling down to get what he wanted. His heartbeat increased as he couldn’t find it. He nervously searched around for it. “This can’t be happening,” he gasped.

“What is it?” his partner inquired.

He ignored her again and searched for the tape, having left the computer and mouse.

She couldn’t understand what was happening. Hadn’t he found the recording? Time wasn’t on their side and they really had to leave. He was fidgeting. What was with him? “Haven’t you found it? C’mmon, lets get outta here.”

He immediately turned to gaze at her. His expression couldn’t be read since he ws masked. “Its not here,” he bitterly told her. “Someone got to it first. They took it.”

“You can’t be serious,” she sighed.

He glared at her. “Lets get out of here.”
“Now here’s exactly what happened,” Darren said, with an aura of authority, as he paused the video they were watching on the television screen.

Allan and Jeremy looked at him, the look on their eyes showed trust and confidence, they looked up to him. He was like their elder brother and trusted advisor. They were eager to hear what he had to say despite the fact that they understood what they watched.

“After you two had argued, you turned your back on her and walked away. She tried running after you, she tripped and fell. That didn’t make her scream. As she got up, a hand caught her, the shock made her scream, then she was forcefully taken into a room and drugged. That same person smashed bottles on your head and stole your cell phone.”

“What you said is just as we have seen,” Allan replied, rolling his eyes.

Jeremy sighed. “I can’t understand this. He was actually here all these while? God! What’s wrong with his guy? I can’t love again?” he seriously pondered.

“Don’t worry, brother. We’re here for you,” Darren consoled him. “We’ll catch that criminal and get your woman back. Lets catch up on old times. I’ve really missed you two a lot.”

That idea excited Allan, “Yes! Yes! Lets get relieved a bit. Lets go out.”

Their words made sense. Yes, he was so concerned and worried about his love, but he still needed to rest and relieve himself of stress, get more energy to search for her and battle with the scumbag who had taken away his precious. It’d be just tonight and the following day, he’ll get to work. He fully bought their idea. He tirelessly hauled himself off the sofa. “Alright. I’m in. Lets go with the tape, I don’t trust anyone.”

His reply got both Allan and Darren smiling sheepishly.
Darren, with his deep blue eyes stared at Jeremy with an uneasy expression on his face. Jeremy tried to have fun, but he was not. The smile on his face and the laugh he gave wasn’t natural, it was all forced. His missing girlfriend was really getting him worked up. He had thought the outing would ease him pains, but it was not, it only made him drown deeper into despair. What could he do to help?
“Hey,” he whispered to Allan who was seated by his right. “Allan, do something for Jeremy. He’s not okay.”

Allan nodded in agreement. “Tell us, Jeremy.”

Allan’s three words jolted him back to reality. Tell us? Tell us? Tell us? He blinked twice and used his right palm to rub his face. “Tell you what?”

“How you met Purity Theodore, dated her, fell for her and proposed to her,” Alan elaborated.

Jeremy disagreed. “I don’t really want to talk about all that. I might just get depressed again and again.”

“I don’t think so. Please, tell us,” Darren insisted, using Allan’s words, “You see, I haven’t seen the love of your life, not even a picture. I’m curious to know about the beauty who have stolen your heartbeat. I used to know you as a play boy. Please, talk to me.”

Jeremy laughed softly. His friend’s thoughtful expression lightened him a little. “Alright.” He grinned widely, remembering how he had met with Purity. Pretty witch – the name he had given her that very day. He had also silenced her with a breath taking kiss. “Well,” he was feeling shy, “Um, we were not the best of friends when we met. More like enemies, very good ones.”

Darren was intrigued. “Have you heard this story, Allan?”

“I don’t think so, please carry on,” he prompted Jeremy to continue.

“Do you still remember the girl who I told you two about? The girl who practically made me deal with women the way I did?” Jeremy inquired, he wanted to relate his love story in a way that his friends would contribute.

Allan thought for a while. Then he got it. “The little girl who used vile words on you after you helped her out?” His eyes widened, “That’s Purity? Is this a joke?”

“Wait, wait,” Darren was smiling in a funny way. “The little girl that practically turned you into a play boy is the same girl you’re crazy about?”

Jeremy nodded, confirming their suspicions. “She’s a woman, now.”

“This is interesting!” They exclaimed in unison. Soon, they all cackled with laughter.

Jeremy was beginning to feel better. Talking really did lots and lots of good. “I still felt hatred for her and did not want to marry her. She hated me too. But our parents were determined to see us end together. They set a date for us and I met her at a restaurant. And that was how our love story began…..”
Ernest was roaming around the sitting room from one end to the other. Anger was boldly written on his face. One did not have to glance at him twice to know he was extremely angry. They beat him to his game. No one has ever done this. He’ll see to it that they fail woefully. He’ll definitely ruin their plans. He angrily hurled a vase against the well. It hit the hall, creating a loud, ear-piercing sound, it broke into pieces and laid shattered on the floor.

“What’s gotten into you, huh? Are you gonna do this again? Get a hold of yourself!” Tricia yelled at him, fuming at his violent attitude. She was disappointed that they could not find the tape as well. What they needed was a solution to that and not smashing vases on walls.

He sneered at her. “What more can I do?”

She gave a sardonic laugh. “Now, I can see you don’t have a single thinking faculty. We didn’t find the tape. And so what? All hope isn’t lost yet. You drugged, kidnapped and assaulted Jeremy with a mask on. There’s nothing to prove that it was you. Unless you made a silly mistake. Just stop doing this rubbish and take that woman faraway.” She paced, getting more ideas. “Do something, something to her that’d make Jeremy despise her. She’ll become yours.”

“That’s very easy to say.” He faced her sternly. “I am so mad because this have never happened. Whoever took that tape is asking for trouble. They could nail me to the crime.”

“They’ll definitely do that since you’re feeling nervous, already.” she threw at him.

“Are you sure Jeremy is not out of the hospital? He is the only one I suspect.”

“He’s not out and the doctor is at the hospital. He hadn’t discharged him yet. They will get started tomorrow. The police isn’t aware yet. They have not done anything at all.” She sounded convincing and persuasive. “You have all the time now to get going with her.”

She was right, but she was wrong. “I have all the time. Running away with her would only arouse suspicions. Taking things slowly is the best option for now. I need to cover my tracks cleverly and avoid making mistakes. One has been made already.”

She nodded. “I’ll watch your back.”

“Yeah.” He was okay now and the anger had left him, completely. “Get going now, it’s late.”

“I would never have agreed to this. I did it for your mother.” Her heart was already breaking into shreds. How could Jeremy accuse her of playing with the hearts of men, especially his. Her heart had never hurt this much. It was a horrid pain. She never wished to experience this in her life, ever again.

“My mother, what do you mean?”

“It was her last wish that I marry you!” That revelation took her by surprise. That was a mistake on her part. Edwin Broderick was to reveal this secret to his son and not her. She wished she’d take her words back, but it was all too late.

“No, no.” he whispered. He turned his back on her and walked out of the living room.

“Jeremy, I’m sorry,” she apologised. The words came out too late, for he was already out of the room. She gulped down her tears and blinked the ones clouded in her eyes, back.

She braced herself and was ready to go after him. She wasn’t properly composed emotionally. She still had lots and lots of things running through her mind. As she lifted her right foot, she unconsciously dropped it on her left foot, she tripped and fell to the ground. She groaned in pain as the tears ran down her cheeks. The urge to shout as the pain swept over her was overwhelming, but she wasn’t willing to. She bit her lips hard and tightly closed her eyes, trying to make the pains vanish.

After several minutes of struggling, she was finally able to lift her weight off the ground. She sighed wearily. She was already looking tired and weary. She dusted her clothes, put her hair in order and was ready to go. Before she could take any more step, a hand from behind, held her waist firmly. She quickly turned around and screamed loudly in fright. It wasn’t Jeremy, it was a man masked and dressed in black. Her lips quivered and her entire body shook nervously in his arm. He wasn’t letting to. His grip was deadly.

She opened her mouth to scream a second time, but he covered it immediately and dragged her into an inner room? She fought with him, however, he prevailed over her. She had to succumb to whatever he wanted her to do.

Then, she heard the voice of Jeremy. He called her his love, he was looking for her. That prompted her to cry softly. The masked man couldn’t let anything go wrong, he pointed a gun to her head which made her stiffen, she was unable to move and make a sound.

His footsteps could be heard, he was coming close and close. Her heart was beating rapidly and loudly. She closed her eyes and silently prayed. Please, he shouldn’t get to this door, he shouldn’t. She was sure the masked man would shoot him if he opened the door. It was as if her prayers were answered. His footsteps were retreating, moving to another angle. She was greatly relieved, Jeremy was safe. He would come for her, he would save her as long as he was alive. She knew he would, a better part of her hoped in him as she begged God to spare his life and make him safe. Too busy with her thoughts, she was oblivious to what was happening around her.

Her abductor spun her around and forced a handkerchief on her nostrils. She couldn’t resist, the drug was already having its effect on her. She suddenly began feeling dizzy, and everywhere was dancing round and round. His twin brother appeared from nowhere and they began smiling at her. Her brain went numb. She was unable to understand anything. She closed her eyes and drifted into a deep slumber.

The drug had taken its toll on her.
Slowly her eyes fluttered open. The things around her didn’t seem normal. They were all shadowy. At intervals, they became clear, later on they go back to being smoky. As her vision kept blurring, she saw a man standing before her. Jeremy, she quickly thought. Yes, that was Jeremy. He had come to rescue her, to set her free and take her in his arms. She was full of joy. She closed her eyes and opened it almost immediately to have a clearer view of her darling. A smile touched the corners of her mouth as she accessed him from his foot, gradually getting to his face.

That beautiful smile faded away and was replaced with disappointment and horror. She gasped in utter amazement and her eyes widened. She shook her head, sadly. “You,” she forced herself to speak, “You are not Jeremy.”

His eyes smouldered with jealousy. “You just woke up from a deep slumber and the first person you ask of is Jeremy?” He scoffed.

Purity’s head was beginning to ache badly. She squeezed her face, displaying her discomfort. “It hurts,” she muttered to herself, inaudibly.

... To be continued
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:40pm On May 19, 2016
Afraid to Love- Episode 25

By Patience Ahworegba

She took a deep breath. The pains she felt were really agonizing. It had spread from her head to the other parts of her body. Something had to be done. The need for her to feel her temperature surged through her entire being. She had to do it.

Her hand didn’t move. It was stuck. She tried again and that hurt her even more. She turned her neck to see why her hands refused to cooperate, it was then she realized that she – not just her arms – was fastened to the chair she sat on. Her hands were tied behind her with a rope – which caused her lots of pains. Her entire body was tied to the chair, so were her legs. That was why she ached all over. What was she doing? Jeremy had been the last person she saw till. . . . . . . .
“Oh, no,” she whispered.

Ernest fastened his eyes on her face. He’d been watching her every move. He noticed the shock on her face having realized that she was captured. Those expressions made her look prettier in his eyes. His desire and cravings for her intensified. This is the woman of my dreams, I’d do everything for her, he thought, silently. It hurt him to hurt her, but that was the only way he could make her his. “Sweet, welcome back.”

Purity raised her head to gaze at him. She was weak, exhausted. She yearned for a good rest, food and water. She couldn’t fathom why she was all tied up and how long she had been that way. She just wanted to be set free. “Please, untie me. I need to be released.”

He smirked and moved closer. “Of course darling, I’ll release you. But, under one condition.”

“Let me hear it.” The urge to rip that disgusting smirk off his face seeped into her blood. She so much wanted to have her revenge, it wasn’t the right time. She just had to act cool.

He was directly at her front. He dropped to his knees so as to see her eye to eye. “You have to call off the marriage with my precious cousin,” he snickered. “And you’ll be my wife.”

Purity coughed and spat on his face. “I’ll never choose you over Jeremy! You’re a stupid, arrogant demon! You’ll die waiting for me to ever become yours.” The energy she used in speaking to him, suddenly evoked her. He was being unreasonable. She’d never betray Jeremy that way.

He quickly mopped up the liquid from his face with a towel. “Melisa, you have done this before. I won’t take it from you this time around.”

In a blink, he stretched out his right arm and held her face tightly. He trusted his head forward and fiercely devoured her lips. He forced his way into her mouth, sucking her tongue and licking her lips. It was what he badly wanted and he had finally gotten it.

Purity didn’t know what he was thinking or what he was about to do when he violently took hold of her precious face. He kissed her demandingly. Ah, she hated this much more. She groaned, trying to free herself from his hungry kiss. She struggled with all her might, but it was all in vain. Her hands and legs were not active to help her out of the situation she was in. An idea struck her! She shook her entire body violently, with all her might, hoping to get his lips off hers. Her head was not an exception. She shook it too.

Her idea seemed to work. Ernest was very much preoccupied with tasting her lips. He didn’t give attention to anything else. As she had her way, she bit his upper lip, fiercely.

Ernest shrieked, painfully as he let go of her and staggered backwards. He touched his lip which Purity had bitten hard. It hurt but it didn’t bleed. He was thankful for that. He rubbed it. “Why did you do it?”

Purity grunted. If she had her way, she’d have bitten his entire lips off and made sure he wouldn’t force his revolting lips on any woman ever again. “This would be the very last time you’d kiss me again.”

He laughed. “You’re still full of energy, huh?”

She didn’t say a word to his taunt. Her angry eyes just stared into his – warning him.

“Oh, my dear Melisa,” he moved closer to her, “I sure kiss better than Jeremy. I think that’s why you had to stop yourself. You were going to fall for my very touch and me, only me clouded your mind.”

“He’s a better kisser!” she retorted.

Ernest chuckled. “Then, maybe I have to go and do some more practice. The next time, perhaps, we might end up tearing each other’s clothes. I’d make sure Jeremy hears of it.”

“When you have me tied up here? You’re sick Ernest! It’d only happen in your dreams. You’ll never have me.” She was visibly scared and shaking. Her effort to put up a brave front wasn’t easy. She was deeply terrified.

He laughed bitterly, “I have you now.” He caressed her face with his right palm.

“How did it go?” Darren questioned Jeremy with his hopes high. He was standing right in front of Jeremy.

Jeremy breezed past him and found himself a seat. He rested fully on it and let out a loud breath. “It was good,” he drawled.

“What exactly happened?” Darren was already seated beside Jeremy.

“It was really difficult for him to come to terms with the fact that his one daughter’s missing. I felt his frustrations and pains. I told him not to worry, things are gonna get better and we’d do it quick. Real fast,” he paused, reminiscising the event, “The good things is that he trusts me and is going to provide all I need to get his daughter back. I have his support.”

“You don’t really need a thing from him. You’re a billionaire.”

“Its the only way I can get him involved and to show I really value him as I do my father.” It took several pleadings and expressions of trust and secrecy for Jeremy to accept the help of Mr. Aaron Theodore.

“Have you told your dad?”

“What? Do you want him to die? I’m not revealing a single thing to him. He shouldn’t find out. Aaron Theodore swore never to mention it to him.”

Darren didn’t agree to that. “What if the information just pops up and he gets to hear of it? He has to know.”

“Oh, no brother,” Jeremy refused to be persuaded, “He’ll only get to hear of that when she’s found. I’m warning you.” Jeremy was firm and definite. He knew that Darren would want to involve his father and if possible, the whole world to save Purity. It was his kind of person – the more people that knew, the problem was getting solved. Jeremy was not going to accept that.

“Fine, if that’s what you want.” Darren accepted defeat. “What’s my mission here?”

Jeremy straightened up and cleared his throat. “I want this to be a private investigation. Involving you, Allan and I. You are a great detective and I could really use your help.”

“What do you and Allan know about detective jobs?” Darren jokingly asked.

Jeremy smiled. “That’s why you’re here. We should not alert the cops. I don’t want the abductors to know we’ve alerted them. They could harm my precious, do something horrid to her. And I need to catch them unawares.”

“Hmm.” Darren mused over Jeremy’s words, silently. “I see your point, I get what you’re driving at. But this is a dead end. We don’t even know where they are or who he is? How do we go about this?”

A pleasant smile creased Jeremy’s face. “I have two suspects and I’m sure of it.”

“Yeah?” Darren was loving this. “Who are they?”

Jeremy let out a breath. “My cousin – Ernest Turner and my ex – Tricia Cayson.”

“Cayson? David Cayson’s daughter?” That name rang a bell.

“Yeah. That’s right.”

Darren was dumbsruck beyond any doubts. David Cayson had once been his boss. What in the name of God was Jeremy talking about? The daughter of a superintendent? His suspect and ex girlfriend? “You don’t know what you’re talking about. That guy is in one of the forces. He’s a law man. How can you suspect his only child? He’ll rip your head off your body.”

“I didn’t know her father was a cop when I started dating her. It was later on she revealed that to me. She too is part of it, but not active yet.” Jeremy glanced at his friend, “What’s getting you jittery? No one’s above the law. She’s gonna pay for what she has done. One reason its better private.”

“Good point, Jeremy. But he was nice to me when he was my boss.” Darren was suddenly confused. He couldn’t conclude whether to chase the daughter of his ex boss or not.

“Show your appreciation by making the man realize who his daughter really is. She has been stalking me and stuck to me even after I made it clear to her that we’re over. She has this intense hatred for Purity. She warned me that she’ll never share me with anyone again and if she can’t have me, then no other woman would.”

“A jealous woman’s talk,” Darren remarked.

“I had thought so too. She’s not just jealous. She’s obsessed with me. And my cousin’s helping her ’cause he’s into Purity. They simply won’t let us be.” A look of disgust was clearly seen on Jeremy’s face.

Darren laughed. “Why don’t they just get together? They’re the same.”

“That’s the problem. They’re alike. They don’t attract eachother.”

“Wisely said.” Darren studied his friend intently. “What’s up with you Jeremy? You have really changed. You actually never cared about women in the past or how they felt about you. Presently, you are even willing to risk your life for this one women. The one woman who made you take no from a lady. Has she enchanted you? Got you under her spell?”

He laughed. “What I feel for her just keeps growing as the day passes by. I can’t keep missing her. I want to see her a and know if the intense feelings will disappear.”

“Oh. And that’s when you’ll fall deeper into her charms.”

“I don’t know what to call it yet. I’ve never felt this way in my life.”

“Afraid to call it love? Afraid to love her? She has broken into pieces, the walls you built round your heart.”

Jeremy nodded solemnly. “Maybe.”
“Excuse me, miss,” Dr. Allan said to a lady snooping around the hospital for hours now, “How may we help you?”

The lady causing so much trouble spun around to face the owner of the familiar voice that had just spoken to her. She was ready to vent all her anger on him. “I am looking for a patient. He was admitted here two days ago. I need to see him!” she demanded.

Dr. Allan was shocked knowing it was Tricia that had been causing all the ruckus that morning. The previous day, she had said she’d come back. She really meant it? “Calm down, Miss Tricia. Who exactly are you looking for?” Allan was wearing a cool smile, knowing that would provoke her further.

“You know who it is I am searching for,” she snapped. “Its Jeremy Broderick!”

“Oh,” Allan said still smiling. “He was discharged this morning. He recovered quickly and his memory is back. Isn’t that a relief?”

He knew what he was doing. He was deliberately irritating her with his calm words and smile. He was having his way, she was already filled with anger, she was so mad at this d--n doctor! She so much wanted to smack that smile off his face. “What do you mean discharged? How is it possible he got his memory back so fast?” she rhetorically asked. “Maybe I should call a more qualified doctor to handle his case since you’ve proven that you’re incapable of handling it.” She was going to get back at him.

“Do you mind following me to my office to see for yourself the file that shows his recovery? He confided in me that he remembers everything.”

Jeremy. Jeremy. She didn’t know what to feel for him anymore – love or hate. “Why wasn’t I informed?”

“I’m sorry? Are you one of his relatives? Friends?”

“Idiot!” she spat at him, “I am his wife-to-be! Show some respect!” Yes, she deserved respect, respect from Jeremy’s so-called doctor.

Allan tried gulping down his laughter. He used his right palm to cover his mouth and her chuckled silently. He withheld himself strongly. This b---h was amusing, she’s really crazy, parading herself as the fiancee of his good friend. Now he understood why Jeremy was tired of her. “If you’re truly his fiancee, you should have been the first to know.” His palm was out of his mouth.

Tricia rolled her eyes, “He’ll definitely call me later.”

“I understand his girlfriend to be Purity Theodore. The woman of his dreams,” Allan never stopped smiling innocently. “She’s his only wife-to-be.”

Tricia was goaded to the point that she flung her right hand to give the doctor a slap.

Allan was fast enough, he caught her hand right before it got to his face. “I don’t take it easy with women who hit me. Neither am I good friends with women who pry into people’s lives. You don’t want to be my enemy.” Allan’s gaze was murderous, that smile had slowly turned into a frown.

“Let me go!” Tricia ordered, almost on top of her voice. She wasn’t going to be intimidated and insulted by this jerk of a doctor. She had to deal with him. She tried to get her hand from his grasp, but it wasn’t working. His grip was deadly. “Let go!”

“I understand she was recently kidnapped by you and a brat. I’m watching you. Purity’s watching you too. You won’t get away. Especially you.” He dropped her hand and walked out on her. Smiling to himself for putting fear into her. It was a good job. They’d be so proud of him.

Tricia stiffened, watching the doctor leave her alone. Blood drained from her body. She was indecisive at that moment. Terrified and much more confused

... To be continued

Read Full Story on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by dimssy(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2016
Oyinprince,this is deep...you didnt mention me by the way.
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:32am On May 23, 2016
dimssy:
Oyinprince,this is deep...you didnt mention me by the way.
Oops, Didn't know I missed you out
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:07pm On May 23, 2016
By Patience Ahworegba

“What are you going to do to me?” Purity asked with a shaking voice.

“Nothing, yet my love,” Ernest replied. “You have a very smooth skin despite the fact that you’ve been here for days.”

“Days?” Purity repeated. He had drugged her, but how could she be unconscious for days. Did he keep drugging me? “What did you give to me?”

“Something strong, my love,” he couldn’t take his hands off her smooth skin. It was so alluring, he loved it. His desire intensified, but he was able to keep it in check. He’d patiently wait till she was ready. That was how much she loved her.

His touch was beginning to upset her. It was so irritating as his kiss. She never wanted him to even lay a finger on her, still he was doing more than that. “Get your filthy hand off me! Do not touch me!”

“Sweetie,” Ernest called calmly, “Don’t raise your voice. Jeremy might hear you,” he taunted, receiving dagger looks from Purity.

“And he’s gonna come. He’ll rescue me. You’ll go to jail!”

He laughed out loudly to her amazement. “That’s never going to happen. Jeremy Broderick, lost his memory and doesn’t even remember you. I’m sure Tricia Cayson is by his side, taking your place, filling his heart with love and good cheer.”

Those words stabbed her heart. It pierced into her soul. Jeremy, lost his memory? How could that have happened? No, it was another of his lies. It wasn’t true. “You are not going to scare me with your lies. It won’t have any effect of me.”

“It will soon. Your Jeremy has another woman by his side. Please forget about him, you’ll just cause yourself more harm because he has already forgotten all about you. You don’t exist to him.”

Purity refused to believe him. “Its not true. No matter how convincing you sound, I’ll never believe you. I’m not scared of you, I’m not scared of anything!”

“We shall see,” Ernest turned his back on her and began walking out of the room. His footprints ere left behind on the the dust found everywhere in the room.

Purity called after him, “We’ll definitely see! I’m not scared of you or anyone!”

He stopped. “But you are scared of loving anyone. You haven’t fully given your heart to him. I still have a chance.”

Before she could open her mouth, he disappeared from the room. She could hear his footsteps echoing. He left her to ponder over his last remarks. What he meant, it took a while for her to get to it. He was right, though. No matter how she wished he was wrong, he remained right.

She’d been afraid of ever loving anyone because of the way she’d known the opposite s-x from her childhood. It was different this time. Jeremy was different from all the men she had met. Yet, she was not sure if she should love him or not. She was still afraid to love him or not. She was still afraid to love. On several occasions, she’d told him she cares about him and by her actions, she indicated feelings for him. Could it be love? Was he going to love her forever? Being hurt badly was what she could not bear to pass through. She doubted she’d ever survive the pains.

Tears streaked down her cheeks as she thought of Jeremy. He was probably hospitalized. His memory was gone? She suspected it had something to do with Ernest. Jeremy was ill because of her. She recalled the pains she put him through and that even made her weep more. “I’m sorry, Jeremy,” she whispered, in between tears.

She raised her face and for the first time, she got a clearer view of her environment and surroundings. Dust law over every surface like dirty snow, pristine dust layer. There was not a footprint anywhere except the ones left behind by Ernest. Dust bunnies, the size of bowling balls tumbled across the floor boards, towards unseen settles. Free papers piled up to the letter box and cascaded all the way to the foot of the rough wooden stairs. Old bed cups lay on a coffee table thickly entrusted with dried up mould. Dust covered mirrors. Smell of mildew, stale air filled the entire room. Air thick with dust, shafts of light bursting through gaps in the boarded up window. Light steaming through the gaps in the heavy velvet curtains. There was absolute silence, not even the hum of a refrigerator. She couldn’t even make a sound.

The only occupants in the house waved their webs between the spindles of the stair banisters and from the ceiling to the wall, she was now one of the occupants. Old cobwebs billowed in the draft.

She was certainly in an abandoned house. The entire room was scary and got her terrified. A shiver ran down her spine.

“Ernest really is a devil. He hates me,” she resumed crying. “Oh God. Someone should please save me. I feel so helpless and empty. God, please keep Jeremy safe for me. I need your help more than ever,” she shut her eyes and poured her her to God fervently with quivering lips.
“Sir, someone’s here to see you,” a young maid of about twenty interrupted the gentle men.

Jeremy’s head tilted towards he direction of the maid. “Let him in.”

“Its a woman, sir,” the maid replied, bowing.

Darren and Jeremy exchanged quick glanced. Through their facial expressions, they already knew who it was.

“Quick, Darren hide,” Jeremy said to the detective.

“What are you about to do?” Darren shot at him.

“Just hide, quickly,” he repeated.

Darren reluctantly obeyed and went into Jeremy’s room.

“Go get her, Rosa.”

The maid nodded and briskly walked to get the unexpected visitor.

Jeremy hurriedly composed himself. He smiled to himself as an evil idea ran across his mind.

“Jeremy Broderick!” Tricia exclaimed on seeing Jeremy seated on a sofa. She was so mad at him, especially after being embarrassed by the doctor. She had sworn he’d pay for what he did.

Jeremy’s head shot up as he heard his name from his guest. He took a deep breath, getting ready to start his evil plan. He got up and turned to face her. A smile touched the corners of his mouth. “Tricia, what a pleasant surprise, please come and sit,” he gestured.

She ran a hand through her hair. Why is he being so nice to me? she thought to herself. “Why did you do what you did? Why did you not inform me that you’ve been discharged?”

“Please, take it easy. I was going to call you but I lost my cell. I haven’t got the time to get a new one,” he truthfully explained, with a tone of sincerity.

His reply came as a surprise to her. She had expected him to shout back at her and even throw her out. But he acted differently. She regretted shouting at him. “Um, and your memory? You know everything,” she accused, in a rather, calm manner.

“Come and sit,” he took her by the hand and led her to a couch. He watched as she settled in. When she was done, she turned to face with with curious eyes. He knew he had to explain things further. “Are you really here to fight about that? You should be happy I am okay.”

Tricia sighed deeply, “I am glad you are alright. I know it must have been terrible at the hospital.”

“Yes,” Jeremy replied, nodding. “It was bad.”

“I’m sorry I yelled at you when I came. I wasn’t happy you hid the fact that you are now home from me,” she wholeheartedly apologised.

“You don’t have to apologise,” he whispered into her ears. “Its understandable.”

Tricia was utterly taken aback by Jeremy’s nice words. It ws soothing as well as comforting. His face drawn to her’s and feeling his breath on her ear caused her to tingle with emotions. Jeremy was being nice to her, she fought back the urge to scream with joy. He was gradually getting back to her. “But she still occupies your mind,” she jealously admitted.

“Are you referring to Purity?” he asked.

“Who else? She’s the only one you think about. You never even spare a moment for me,” she sighed sadly.

“Its exactly what I’m doing now. Making time for you,” he said desperately.

She scoffed. “I’m not buying that. What happened to ‘she has my heart, I love her so much, she’s my choice,’ huh?”

He looked remorseful. He hung his head, “Yes, you are right. I’m sorry, I don’t even deserve to look at your face.”

“No, I didn’t mean it like that. Its just that a day ago, you wanted me out of your life. I’m curious, what made you change your mind, if you’ve really changed it?”

Jeremy grasped her hand tightly, “She hasn’t come for me. I waited and waited. I don’t want to, I think I’m starting to give up on her. Just be with me for now. If she doesn’t appear, I’ll have to be with you.”

Not a bad idea, she thought. “I’ll just be your Purity. Let me into your heart,” she purred.

“I’m sorry for the way I have treated you. I don’t really deserve the kindness you’re showing to me,” he sent her a contrite look.

She grinned. Her heart was pounding, she was simply excited. “Its good to hear you talk to me that way once again. I’ve dreamt and waited for this moment, its finally here. It was worth the wait,” she concluded and threw herself into his arms. “I love you, Jeremy.”

He only chuckled

“The doctor, the doctor,” Tricia kept pacing in her bedroom repeating those two words – the doctor. She could not easily forget the conversation she had with him earlier that day. His voice kept echoing in her head – ‘I’m watching you. Purity’s watching you too. You won’t get away.’ Whatever does he mean by that? The thought of that made her shudder.

That doctor was with Jeremy. They’re close friends. If the doctor was aware, Jeremy must be aware too. Jeremy, was he playing with her emotions? She didn’t know what to think anymore. Getting the doctor out of her way was more important. Jeremy comes later, she just had to enjoy the attention he decided to show her. She smiled at the thought of that.

She laid on her bed and closed her eyes, reminiscising the time she spent with Jeremy – in his arms. A pleasant smile touched her face. The only man that had found a way into her heart and have refused to leave. The only man she has ever loved and will only love. Jeremy meant the whole world to her. She was ready to do anything just to get him and to keep him to herself. She wasn’t going to spare any who would come between them.

Her cellphone buzzed, jolting her out of her deep thinking. She sat up with a jerk. It was Ernest calling.

“How’d it go?” he asked over the phone.

She rubbed her head hard. “We have a problem.”

“State it,” he replied hastily.

“The doctor. Doctor Allan, he got to know that she was kidnapped. He warned me, especially with his eyes. He’s dangerous.”

“Dammit! How did he get to know?”

“How am I supposed to know?” she retorted.

There was silence for a few seconds.

“It’s Jeremy,” he breathed out.

She tried laughing it off. “You must be joking. It can’t be my baby. It just can’t be.”

“I have to disagree with you.”

“Its not true.”

“Lets meet up and talk about this. You know where.” He hung up.

“It can’t be true,” she kept muttering as the phone fell from her hand.
Purity reluctantly opened her eyes, only to be greeted by darkness. She couldn’t see a thing, nor fathom what was around her. She’d always been scared of the dark and this was a frightening experience for her. Her heartbeat was faster than normal. She saw shadows moving here and there. One seemed to be coming close to her, but when it reached her, it vanished into thin air. She heard creepy sounds. It was all weird and terrifying. She was too scared to even scream. Tears only ran down from her eyes.

The wind began blowing violently. She heard the faint whispers of the grasses outside the room. A window creaked open in response to the breeze. Moments later, that same window was jammed against the shutters. The loud sound caught her attention. She shivered and tightly closed her eyes.

A calm set in. The weird sounds were no more heard. The breeze stilled and the window did not make any more noise. The calmness was beginning to get to her. She was feeling calm and tried to force herself back to sleep. She was aching all over and her stomach rumbled. It reminded her that she had not eaten in days. The pain kept her awake. Her eyes were shut, but sleep went farther and farther away from her. She silently begged sleep to come. She needed it to remain sane.

All of a sudden, the wind rushed over that area which sent the window creaking and jamming against shutters. She could hear the curtains billowing in the breeze. The sounds pierced her ears that she began to weep bitterly. She was afraid. She wished to become unconscious than to have such unpleasant feelings. She tightly shut her eyes.
“What did you say, Allan?” Jeremy questioned after emptying his glass of white wine. He wasn’t sure he had heard right.

Allan rolled his eyes. He was certain that Jeremy heard all the words he had spoken. He just wanted him to repeat it. It was his way of being certain that he heard what he had said. “This place is filthy. I want us out of it.”

Jeremy had heard him right. He had a special reason bringing them to that bar. He wasn’t going to reveal it to anyone yet. His plan must first be achieved. “What’s going on here that you haven’t seen before? And besides, we’re gonna be here for only a few minutes. Lets just focus on what we’re here for.”

“I support Allan,” Darren informed them. “We have to get to another place, an eatery to discuss this,” he proposed.

“We can as well got to Jeremy’s home,” Allan suggested too.

Jeremy shot him a warning look. “Have you forgotten my day’s in there?”

... To be continued

1 Like

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:08pm On May 23, 2016
By Patience Ahworegba

Allan lifted his hands up – a sign of surrender.

“We have to remain here,” Jeremy insisted.

“Why don’t you give us the d--n reasons. Then we’ll decide whether to stay or not.” Darren propounded, seriously.

“I agree with him,” Allan seconded.

Jeremy sighed. These men, he thought. “As you all know, the man who took Purity Theodore-”

“Not took,” Darren interrupted. “He’s only as a suspect. We don’t have any vivid evidence nailing him to the crime,” he corrected Jeremy.

“Whatever you say,” Jeremy blurted out. “He always drinks and likes to party. I want us to keep an eye on him. I’ve got no way of tracking him down, this is only what I have in mind.”

“Can we discuss this elsewhere?” Allan asked. He wasn’t comfortable at all in such a place. And as a doctor, it wasn’t good for his health and he’d never recommend a patient to such a place.

“Dang!” Jeremy exclaimed. “Just forget about what’s happening. Concentrate, remain focused and listen to all that I have to say.” Jeremy was not going to agree to leave that bar, that was were he was going to have that discussion and nothing was going to change that. Period!

“Alright, alright.” Allan resigned, reluctantly.

“We’re gonna follow him. If he shows up, we’ll monitor his every move. He has to lead us to Purity. I don’t really care about any evidence, I just want her, safe and sound. I know what Ernest can do.”

“He suspects Tricia Cayson too,” Darren informed Allan.

“Tricia?” Allan questioned. “Oh, yeah. I saw her at the hospital today and we had a really nice conversation.”

“What did you talk about?” Darren was curious to know. The Tricia had showed up unannounced at the Broderick’s mansion and Jeremy carried out a dirty game on her.

Allan tilted his head to a different position in order to give his friends the full details of his encounter with Darren at the hospital. Then, his eyes caught a familiar female figure. She was with a man whom he was sure he had seen somewhere, but he couldn’t clearly recall. “Holy cow,” he drew the attention of his buddies. “You need to see this.”

Jeremy and Darren turned to the direction of Allan’s gaze. They saw what Allan was seeing. Darren recognized the woman, but the man, he had never seen in his life. He had to be sure. He had to confirm. “Who are they?”

“Ernest and Tricia,” Jeremy answered before Allan could. At that moment, he was much more convinced that Ernest and Tricia were accomplices. They both kidnapped his beloved – Purity.

When all three noticed that Ernest and Tricia pointed at their direction without seeing them, they turned their gazed simultaneously and lowered their face caps; hiding their faces from the couple. Good thing that they had it on. It was Jeremy’s idea. Tricia and Ernest walked past the three friends without even noticing them. The friends were glad that they were invisible to them.

Jeremy had mentioned to him the reason he suspects Tricia. Seeing her with the cousin and main suspect, he knew she had something to do with whatever happened to Jeremy’s fiancee. He had to help his friend. There was something really familiar about this Ernest. That intrigued him and he wasn’t willing to share that information yet.

“Jeremy, you are right. What do we do now?” Allan asked.

“Keep your voice down,” Darren cautioned. “Quick, tell us all you know. I have an idea.”
“The doctor’s eyes are on us,” Tricia said, as she settled down on the chair she was offered. She was really in a haste to solve the problem with the doctor.

That really upset Ernest. It was all her fault. If she hadn’t felt she had won and acted in a sassy manner, the doctor wouldn’t have confronted her. She was bringing up her problem. If he had his way, he would stay out and away from her. He had already gotten his Melisa. He whooshed in a breath. “What exactly did he say?”

Tricia straightened up. “He said he’s aware that I…. no, not I, we kidnapped her and he’s watching us. His eye is actually on me.”

He grunted. “If you’ve not been flaunting the fact that you’d be his next fiancee, this wouldn’t have happened!”

She shot him a warning look. “It my right! We were dating before her left me for that wench. I am no cause of this. Its all her fault. She’s going to pay, she-”

“Enough!” Ernest interrupted her abruptly. “It isn’t her fault men are after her and chose her over you. You are to blame. You don’t have him yet but you act like you do. Leave Melisa out of this!”

Tricia gazed sternly at him. His words stung her. So, he actually viewed her as a good-for-nothing. How dare he? All the troubles were now her fault? She had helped this demon out and even watched his back just to protect him and he feels she’s nothing compared to Purity? Her anger blazed against him. She stood up to leave. “This meeting’s over.”

“What?” Ernest was astonished. He never imagined her reaction to be that way. “Where are you going? We haven’t even had any discussion yet. You can’t leave now.”

“Yes. I can leave whenever I please. Whenever I want to.” She lifted her purse off the table. “And I choose now.”

“Common Tricia,” he stood up, “You don’t have to do this.” Ernest didn’t actually need her help. He could handle the problem on his own. He only needed her to be on his side for her to keep her mouth shut and she also had good connections. He couldn’t waste the chance he got.

Tricia rolled her eyes. “You want to fill my head with insults,” she remarked, sarcastically. “I am really not interested in that. I resent such persons.”

He inhaled deeply and held her hand. “I am sorry. It was just anger. Please, sit.”

Without hesitating, she sat down. “Don’t talk to me that way again.”

He resumed his seat. “It won’t repeat itself. But don talk that way about Melisa, respect her. I have never abused Jeremy, at least not to your face.”

That was going to be difficult for her to accept. But what could she do? “Fine.”

“Who was that guy that bumped into us and fell under the table?”

“No idea,” she replied absent minded.

“Now, lets go straight to business. You say the doctor threatened you? How did you know that Jeremy recovered his memory?”

She dragged in a breath. “I eavesdropped. I heard Jeremy tell him about the surveillance cameras at that country house. He also mentioned that they needed to get the tape and rescue Purity. He doesn’t believe she broke the bottles on his head. He remembers everything.”

“Don’t you get it?” he rhetorically asked. “Jeremy told Allan the truth. They got to the tapes first. If Allan know about the kidnap, definitely Jeremy does too.”

“Allan mentioned to me that he was discharged this morning,” she recalled.

Ernest shook his head in disagreement. “It means he lied to you. Jeremy was either discharged yesterday morning or afternoon. And they sought out the tapes. If they had waited till morning, we’d have them. They are up to something.”

“And he’s using me. Jeremy’s using my feelings as a bait to get me. He’s never going to look at me as before.”

“Worry about that later. They have nothing to hold you. Be yourself and deny their accusations. You can report to your father. But what ever you do, don’t give them a single clue. Don’t even do that with Jeremy, be very careful around him,” he cautioned wisely.

Tricia nodded. She was just going to be herself. Never going to say whatever would arouse suspicions. She wasn’t ready to lose Jeremy and she was going to keep him. She smiled to herself.

“I have to go check on Purity. Good night.”
The fight was almost over; he had achieved his aim. Has he or was he getting there? Purity was all going to be his and as a matter of fact, she belonged only to him. She was a charmer, he was under the influence of her beauty and enchantment. She had not done much, neither had she said much the very day he met her, but her appearance and etiquette enticed him. It clung to him and refused to let go. Those feelings, those emotions, he never forgot. They lived inside of him, they were part of him. Forgetting them, going them up would be like taking away his own will to live. The every essence of his life. She emanates power, confidence, weakness, beauty and much more desirable qualities in a woman. All that propelled him to want to make her his. He wasn’t giving up. He smirked. He was in love.

He drove swiftly, wanting to get to her quickly. She was going to be scared of the dark. Something prevented him from getting to her – a vehicle. It trailed behind him. He had gone round and round in the same exact street. They still remained, following him. He couldn’t see their faces clearly, but he was sure the wanted something from him. He pulled his car over to the side of the road. He brought out his hand gun from the glove compartment and hid it in the inner pocket of his suit. He got down from his vehicle and walked up to them.

“Tricia.”

She was startled to hear her name. No just the name – the very person who had called her by that name. She looked up at him and gasped. “Jeremy. What are you doing here?”

He smiled and took the seat opposite her. “I saw you and came over.”

“Saw me?” she couldn’t quite get it. She had been sitting all by herself since Ernest left to meet Purity. She had been so engrossed in her thoughts, hatching a plan. A plan that could make Jeremy hers for life. She wasn’t certain yet, but she’d cherish the moments she was going to spend with him. But how long had he been here? Had he seen her with Ernest? She had even lost track of time. “Have you been here for up to an hour?”

Jeremy glanced at his watch. “Um….not really. Let me say ten minutes.” He looked back at her.

“Oh,” Then he had not seen her with Ernest. She heaved a Sig of relief. “What brought you here? I never knew you visit places like this.”

He chuckled. “Purity has been to a place like this.”

“She’s still on your mind, huh?” she muttered with a glint of unhappiness in her eyes.

Jeremy brushed that aside. “Why are you here?”

“Um….” she held his gaze, smiling gleefully. “I’m here to celebrate all by myself. You had said nice words to me today. It made me happy. My day was blissful. You didn’t throw me out. I am here to celebrate all that.”

He meant that much to her? “I’m glad I could be here to join you.”

There was an empty glass in front of her. She poured wine from the bottle into it, filling it to the brim. She refilled hers too. They cheered and drank.

“Would you please call me Purity for once?” Tricia requested.

Jeremy coughed immediately. “What?”

“Just look at me the way you look at her, even just tonight. Tell me the nice things you say to her. Please, do it just once.” Her voice was exceedingly subtle. She never left hush gaze. Her eyes were full of warmth and compassion. She expressed what she really felt for him and dropped the subtle hints of anger she felt towards towards him for choosing Purity over her.

“But you are not Purity. It doesn’t make sense calling you that,” Jeremy protested. He was not ready to give up his chance of being with Purity. Not for Tricia. No matter how much she love him, Purity will always come first. No one else.

“Do it for me, please.” Tricia insisted.

Jeremy sighed and rolled his eyes. “Just tell me a pet name you want me to call you,” he blurted out.

Tricia beamed. That’s it!
“Keep your voice down!” Ernest commanded Purity. She was screaming on top of her voice. He had just dealt with a man who had followed him and presently, she was making a lot of noise. How was he going to handle her? He flashed a torch at her direction. “Stop it!” he warned, again.

The feel of rays of light on her face calmed her. She squinted her eyes and threw her face from the face of the torch. She was panting and sweating. She had strained herself by shrieking loudly. “So, its you! You!” she yelled.

Ernest couldn’t get it. Whatever was she talking about? “Where you expecting someone else?”

“d--n you!” she fiercely shot at him. “How can you do this to me? You don’t even have an ounce of decency to tidy this place up and make it much more convenient for me? Do you know how frightened I’ve been? You say you love me and you treat me like trash!” She let the tears freely fall. She couldn’t believe what was happening to her. Ernest really locked her up. There was no food or water for her to drink. She was bundled to a chair like a criminal should be, but she was no criminal. She was simply having feelings for a man. What was going to happen to her? What was he going to do with her? She couldn’t decide or conclude yet. She was stricken with fear and intense hatred for the man standing before her.

Ernest couldn’t stand to see her cry. He allowed the bags he carried fall to the ground and rushed to her. He gently took her in his arms. “I’m so sorry, my love. I’ve been so stupid and reckless. I haven’t taken good care of you. Forgive me, forgive me, my darling.” he comforted her.

Purity rested fully on his back. “Untie me. I’m hurting,” she pleaded, weakly.

“I’ll do just that,” Ernest acquiesced.

... To be continued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:10pm On May 23, 2016
Afraid to love - Episode 29

By Patience Ahworegba

“Yes,” Allan said to his phone as he continued to scribble words on a white file on his table. “Have a great day.” He took the phone off his ear and tapped the red button. That was Darren. He had informed Allan that their plan was working and he should not forget to record any conversation he was going to have with Tricia or her accomplice if he meets with any of them.

Allan did not think he needed that reminder. He was a grown man and not a baby. Besides that, he sure knows how to pull his own stunt. He always knew what to do. The telephone on his desk rang, interrupting his thoughts.

“Yes?”

“Doctor, there’s a man here to see you.” the voice of a lady said over the receiver.

“Does he have an appointment?”

There was silence the next seconds that followed.

“No, he doesn’t.” the voice came again. “Sir, he’s a new face and strange.”

Allan smiled to himself.
“I’ve got nothing serious doing and I’m bored. Let him in.”

He put down the receiver, switched on the recorder and composed himself; awaiting the presence of this new and strange face.
Darren quietly watched Jeremy as he furiously gripped the steering wheel and driving very fast. This wasn’t part of the plan but Jeremy had insisted they visit Purity’s office. He had his way. No one could actually control Jeremy. The absence of his fiancee was really driving him crazy. “Drive more slowly. I’m not prepared to die. Drop me off if you want to.”

Jeremy scowled.

“What exactly are we going to do there?” Darren questioned.

He sighed. “Anything.” He raked his hair with his right hand. “I remember she left all she had in her office the very day she was abducted. Purity’s very good at keeping secrets and hiding things. She must have something that connects, something that relates. Just anything for her to know she was going to go through something like that.”

“Then she would have alerted you.”

“I just said she did not!”

“What kind of woman does that? She sees danger and keeps her mouth shut?”

“Purity Theodore,” Jeremy solemnly answered.

The door flung open as Allan has expected. A man walked in, confidently. His face was familiar and he had a smirk on.

“Welcome,” Allan said in the most polite way he could, “Please make yourself comfortable.”

The young man nodded and immediately occupied a vacant chair which was on the opposite side of the doctor. He looked the doctor in the eye. He was very observant. This doctor had decided to pay an unexpected visit so much believed in himself. It must be part of his personality that he radiated – an aura of confidence. “Good day, doctor,” he greeted with an expressionless tone.

Dr. Allan smiled in return. His voice was all he needed to confirm who he really was.

“What can I do for you, Mr . . . ?”

“Let’s leave the introduction out of this,” he bluntly answered.

Allan did not see that coming, he was going to be very careful with this guy. He was really smart, he couldn’t underestimate him; especially after seeing how he handled Darren the previous night. “Alright, sir. What help can I offer?”

He pressed his palm against his face. “I’m seriously ill. Been ill for the past nine years.”

A frown creased Allan’s handsome face, “Have you been treating it?”

“Could it really be treated?” he shot at him.

“I guess so,” Allan honestly replied. He was confused as well. Where was this man driving at? He wasn’t going to be so easy as Tricia. “The symptoms?”

He cleared his throat. “My heart begins racing for no good reason. It did that the very day I caught a glimpse of her. It hasn’t stopped racing for her. I always get nervous around her, but I try to keep my cool.” He paused, gazing at the doctor. “Shall I proceed?”

“Please, do,” Allan urged him. His interest had been aroused.

“I searched for her nine years. I finally got to find her. But she was to be given way to another man. My heart lurched, it couldn’t bear to take it. It couldn’t bear to see the woman it beats for given away.” He paused again, allowing the words to sink into the doctor’s head. “What exactly could be my problem?”

Allan chuckled. He needed no sorcerer to tell him that the gentleman seated before him was Ernest, Ernest Turner. The cousin of his dear friend – Jeremy. “Your story is a captivating one indeed. I am not specialized in psychology, but I can offer some assistance.”

Ernest smiled widely. “I do need that.”

“You say for over nine years, you couldn’t let go of her?”

“Not me, my heart,” he corrected.

“Oh, your heart. Does the woman in question have the same feelings as your heart does?” Allan asked.

“I do not think so. She chose a different man. She is confused. Incapable of loving any man.”

“Is she happy with this man?”

“I mentioned that she’s incapable of loving.”

“Does it mean she can’t be happy with whoever she choose to be with?”

“That’s the problem,” Ernest quickly remarked. “She’s making a poor decision. She can’t be with any other man. I am the only one that can make her happy and feel secure.” Now, he was going to hit the nail on the head. “The other man whom her parents are forcing her to marry isn’t worthy of her. He shouldn’t even be given the opportunity to see her or get close.”

This man must be definitely crazy, Allan thought. The fact that he’s in love as he claims he is doesn’t mean he should badmouth Jeremy. He wished to cut his tongue off so he couldn’t utter any other word. He couldn’t, he just had to keep his calm. “Did the woman agree to this?”

“Nope. I concluded.”

Allan quietly did some calculations in his head. He sighed deeply. “I think I’ve gotten a diagnosis for your ‘strange’ illness.” He tapped his pen on his mohagony desk. “You are completely besotted with this woman. That is why you seem to be making conclusions for her. Only she should do that. Under that love you say you have, its mixed with anger and hatred; for she chose a different man over you. Its not complete love. You are a love-lorn. To relieve yourself of that pain, you do crazy things. What do you think?”
“Good day, Mr. Broderick,” a young lady seated behind a desk greeted Jeremy as he and Darren stepped into the Theodore’s Enterprise. She had a cheerful smile on her face.

Jeremy walked up to her. “Very well, sir,” she replied, still smiling.

“I believe Miss Purity Theodore isn’t on seat,” said Jeremy, getting to the point.

“That’s right,” she concurred. “Its getting up to four days, presently. We have neither heard from her nor seen her. Her papa says she’s okay and he’s taking care of things now,” she explained further.

“Please, do not let Mr. Aaron Theodore know I was here.”

She nodded, willing to obey Jeremy. He was attractive to her and she never stopped smiling.

Jeremy smiled back at her, for the first time. “I want to go up to Purity’s office. Need to get some things. Are her things still in order?”

“They should be. No one goes up there without her consent. Just Heather is permitted.”

“Thank you for the information.” Jeremy turned to Darren. “Lets go.”

“Heather isn’t in….” the receptionist blurted out, it was too late. Mr. Broderick and his friend already headed to the elevator. “If I had the opportunity to be engaged to this man, I’d marry him immediately. I’m not going to give it a second thought. He’s so handsome; he’s voice is soothing and he’s rich,” she dreamily thought out loud. “I don’t know why Miss Theodore is delaying?” she concluded with a slight frown on her face and focused on her work.
“Did you notice that young lady undressing you with her beautiful eyes?” Darren asked his friend.

“Did something like that happen?” Jeremy threw at him.

Darren laughed. “You’re so into her that you don’t even notice when other women are wanting your attention.”

Jeremy coughed. His only response to Darren’s taunt. “We are here,” he informed Darren as they got to a huge door. He reached for the done knob and turned it.

The door responded and opened silently. They walked in and were greeted by an empty office. The small room was clean and smelt nice as it always did, but Heather was missing. Where could she be? Or had she relocated till Purity returns? He couldn’t tell.

“Her secretary’s not in. This office belongs to her.” Jeremy closed the door behind him.

“Aren’t you glad?”

“No. She was going to give us information. I’m sure she know about Ernest visits here and what they talked about.” He took a deep breath, “Let’s go in and see what we can find.”
Ernest smiled at the doctor’s thoughtful diagnosis. He might be right. He must have gotten it. But he couldn’t agree with that. He would not accept the fact that he was unhappy without Melisa’s love. He had gotten her and she was gonna love him back. More than anything she felt for his cousin. The doctor had judged Jim perfectly. That was not what hear. “I don’t think you have the right diagnosis. I would take my leave now.” He stood up.

“Its always difficult and might seem impossible for a patient to accept his illness especially when it is really bad. But in time, you’ll come to terms with that. Why don’t you just let her go? Love can’t be forced.”

“I am waiting patiently and I’ll keep waiting.” Ernest insisted he was right.

The doctor shook his head. “Then what would she be doing? Waiting to love you back?” Allan chuckled. “Make her happy. Let her go. That’s when you’d be acting in love. Give her what she really wants, her desire.”

Ernest wasn’t going to let those words have any impact on him. He wasn’t going to get emotional. He was not going to think about it. Having Melisa was what he wanted, and whatever he did, he was doing for love. “It was nice seeing you,” he replied, concluding. He had to go.

“Its only going to be nice if you heed my advice,” Allan responded, unambiguously.

He turned his back to him and shuffled to the door. On getting to it, he paused. “Tricia, the daughter of Sept. Cayson came crying to me. What exactly did you accuse her of?”

That’s the reason he came visiting, Allan thought. If they were going to try anything, they were too late. “I can’t remember.”

“Nice try,” Ernest said, a smile on his lips. “Be careful what you say to her. You might wanna swallow your words. Good bye.”

He was too fast. He left before giving Allan any opportunity to make a sound.

Allan smiled mischievously, tapping a pen on his desk. He paused for a few minutes, seriously meditating on what he had just discussed with Ernest. He shook his head pitiably and pressed a red button on his recorder.
“Where is the secretary of Purity Theodore?” Jeremy asked, hastily.

The young lady raised her head in hearing that voice speak to her again. She considered him more sexy as he hurriedly spoke. She never failed to flash him her best smile. “She’s not in,” she quickly sent him a look of apology, “I couldn’t tell you before you left my presence. I’m sorry.”

“Why isn’t she at work?” he demanded. Just as he would, if it were his company.

“Um, she’s on vacation.”

“What? Does she has to do that?” That was totally the wrong time she chose. Not when her boss was missing. This wasn’t good news.

“Miss Theodore approved of it. It was her proposal and she consented. You know it-”

“When is this vacation going to be over?”

The miss frowned at Jeremy’s rude interruption. She didn’t like that. “I think two months.”

“d--n it!” he exclaimed. “Lemme have her contact, now.”

She sighed. I guess he isn’t a patient person, she thought silently.
“I hope its to your delight.”

She looked around her surrounding once more. It was tidy. Been tidied up by the man who had forcefully taken her away from her life. The floor was neat. The windows were cleaned. No trace of spiders nor their webs anymore. The entire room gleamed. A small comfortable bed was put in place for her to rest and get a good sleep. He had even provided food, water and beverages. But most of all, he had untied her and brought clothes, toothbrush and other feminine items. Should she be grateful or not? The room was tiny, it couldn’t compare to her little palace at her papa’s mansion. “Its not exactly what would be my taste or quality. But what can I say? Its far more better than its old state. I’d have to adjust.”

Ernest smiled. “You don’t have to worry. I’m taking you out of here, soon.”

She scowled. “And where will you be taking me to?” She let her weight drop on the only available chair.

“Its a surprise.”

“Its a surprise,” she muttered

... To be continued
Read the complete story here : www.youngicee.com
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Missmossy(f): 12:38pm On May 26, 2016
Ride on,more updates biko Oyinprince.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:38am On May 27, 2016
Episode 30

By Patience Ahworegba

“What the hell is this?” Jeremy asked to no one in particular, his tone mixed with amazement and anger.

Darren and Allan rushed to his side and saw what got him pissed. They both gasped. “Its Tricia,” Darren whispered. This could be it. It could prove Tricia had a hand in Purity’s disappearance. They didnt have all the details yet. But he was convinced that she did it. She was Ernest’s partner.

“We don’t know what happened that day. Did she tell you anything about this?”

“No, none of them did,” Jeremy replied, recovering from his shock. “Purity had met with Tricia? How’s that even possible? Tricia never mentioned this to me, neither did Purity. I hate this, she should have told me,” Jeremy lashed his anger into the empty space. His countenance was twisted with rage, perplexity and surprise.

“Don’t jump into conclusions, yet,” Allan rebuked him.

“He’s right,” Darren supported, “She may not have known Tricia was your ex. You dont know the whole story yet. Wait till you hear it,” Darren quickly added, hoping to reduce his rising anger.

Jeremy shook his head. Where was he going to hear the story from? Who was going to give him the full details? Just who was gonna do that? Tricia had to answer his questions. What exactly did she go there to do? He peered at the picture in the phone for the second time, scrutinizing it. Then he noticed something he hadn’t seen before. The dress Tricia was wearing. She had visited him in that dress. That was the day they had a fight, a disagreement. She promised to deal with Purity. Did she actually do that? Or was that what she was doing? Who did she visit first – him or Purity? He surely needed answers. He was going to get to the buttom of this. Who could come out with the truth? Who? Tricia could lie. “Heather,” he answered himself.

Purity lay on the soft bed Ernest had brought in for her and closed her eyes. She felt relaxed and her nerves were soothed. It’d been days since she had craved for a beauty sleep, she was glad she was going to have one tonight. She patiently waited for sleep to erode her, to take her into a world of dreams and fantasies. All that would make her forget her loneliness, the pain and anger she felt towards Ernest. All she wanted was a good night rest.

Seconds rolled into minutes, yet she was not a bit sleepy. Minutes stretched into hours, but she was still very much awake. She found herself thinking about Jeremy. She wondered if he was alright and in good health. His memory – had he gotten it back? Did he think of her or was Tricia Cayson by his side. Probably, they’re together in bed, she sadly mused. Who was this Tricia by the way? She was not sure she’d seen or met with her. The only thing she knew about her was that she was Jeremy’s ex girlfriend.

Purity hastily pushed those thoughts aside. She was not going to start thinking of another woman being with Jeremy. She wasn’t going to get hurt or jealous. She just had to stop. She thought about her parents and her brothers. How devasteted they must be feeling because of her absence. She wondered how they were coping – especially her mum. Her papa was strong, he could handle almost anything. At that moment, she missed them, she missed everything and everyone. Her life, left behind was meaningful. Now she knew the importance of family and being surrounded with loved ones. She had learnt a lot and if she was going to make it out alive, she’d never trade her family’s love for anything else.

The urge, the need to get back, to escape was eating her up. She had to leave, to help herself. She needed to do something. But there was something else, it was stronger, powerful and overwhelming. That hope, that confidence swept through her. She did not need to fight back – that was what she had always done. This time around, it wouldn’t be so. She was going to face it, allow it to come around. The confidence that Jeremy was coming for her had a strong effect over her entire self. She was not going to run away. Jeremy was going to rescue her and Ernest was going to hand her back to the man who deserved her. A weak smile flittered across her face. She was going to do just that – wait till she will be set free.

Slowly, she dried her eyes with the back of her hands, “I believe he’ll come,” she muttered.

“Heather?” Jeremy called into his phone.

“Yes, may I know who is speaking, please?” came a voice. A voice whom he recognized as Heather’s.

He heaved a sigh. “Jeremy Broderick?”

“Jere…… What?” she gasped.

He almost laughed, but he stopped himself from doing so. He could detect astonishment and fear in her voice. Had she not gotten over that day’s event? A smile creased his face. “I’m very sorry calling you at this late hour, but I urgently need to talk to you.”

The sound of a slight cough could be heard over the phone. “What’s this about, sir?” she asked.

“I want you to tell me everything you know about the vists Ernest Turner made to the office.”

“He always came for Miss Theodore, sir.”

“Did you know what his visits meant?”

“I don’t, sir. But he was always cold and cranky. I don’t get it, but i usually had an eerie feeling whenever I saw him.”

This was it. He was slowly getting there. “You heard any of their conversations?”

“I did not. She taught me never to eavesdrop. I never did. But I heard voices, though. It wasn’t clear, but I could feel tremor in her voice whenever she spoke with him, like she was never comfortable in his presence.” She paused for a little while. “What’s this all about, sir?”

“You’d get to know, soon. Um, do you have an idea, what transpired between your boss and a strange lady? Purity hit her.”

He could hear her giggling over the phone. That incident must have been funny. He caught himself wishing to have been there when Purity had slapped her. Now that he thought about it, Tricia, sure deserved that slap.

“Um…. I heard the lady accidentally colided with Miss Theodore. She did not apologise, they kinda exchanged words and she got what she’d called for.”

“They didn’t bicker?”

“Um….. I don’t think so. It didn’t take much time, just for a while.”

Then, they must not have argued concerning him. Why did Tricia go there? Only she could supply the answer. “Thank you for cooperating. Have a great night.” Jeremy quickly disconnected the call. He was done and that was that. He wouldn’t let her say one more word. He was in no mood to satisfy the curiosity of anyone. He needed to satisfy his. “Did you get everything?”

“Everything,” Darren confidently responded with a smile on his face.

“Now, we’ve got enough evidence to hold ’em down.” Allan was happy and proud of the fact that he had helped.

“We don’t know where she is. We still don’t.” He was getting angry. If Darren hadn’t been so stupid, as he called it, Purity would have been out of Ernest’s hands. He had not yet fully forgiven Darren for what he did. He had a reason, didn’t he? “Why did you do it?” he asked, facing Darren.

He had been waiting for this. He knew he’d ask. He’d know why he blew their cover up and let Ernest see them. Now, he’d tell them everything. He tried reading the meaning of Jeremy’s stare. He could not decipher what he was thinking. He understood, better not to infuriate him. “There’s a reason,” he breathed out.

“What’s the d--n reason?” Jeremy shot at him.

Allan took him by the shoulder, “Yelling at him won’t get him to talk. Why don’t you settle down and listen to what he has to say?”

“He has a wristwatch on,” Darren began. “Its something I’ve noticed-”

“Everyone has a watch on,” Allan taunted, chuckling. “I have one, too.” He raised his left arm for them to see it.

Darren snorted and shot Allan a warning look. He wasn’t gonna let his friend get to him. “There was something different about it. Its metallic, very rare and expensive. That watch is so important to this case,” he paused, reading their expressions. They were eager to hear more. He smriked and continued. “The tape we watched showed us a masked man taking away Purity Theodore. We can prove it was Ernest.”

“How?” Jeremy asked. His anger had cooled off.

“He’s always wearing the watch. Its exactly the same.”

Allan recalled something. “He had it on! I definitely saw it.”

“That’s true. He made a mistake. It must be part of him that’s difficult to let go off. Well, that night I spoke with him, I tactfully placed a tracking device on his watch. Its so tiny that he can’t notice it.”

“That’s why……. that’s why you let him see us.” Allan blurted out.

Darren nodded. “Recently, I’ve been studying his movements on my cellphone. I know his every move and I have goodnews,” he smiled triumphantly.

“What?” Jeremy’s hope lit up.

“I know where Purity Theodore is.”

“Are you all ready?” Detective Darren questioned Allan and Jeremy.

They both nodded.

“Allan, you’re going to turn all the evidence that points to Ernest as the abductor of Purity to the police department,” Darren instructed.

Allan rolled his eyes. “Yeah. You didn’t stop reminding me all night.” He did the lace of his black, dynamic sneakers. “Hold on, how will they believe me? No one knows she’s missing, it wasn’t announced.”

“Yeah,” Jeremy said, giving thought to what Allan had just mentioned. “People don’t know anything about it. How does he get to convince them? Something has to be done, if not all our efforts goes down the drain.” Worry etched all over his face. He couldn’t fail. He hated failure. He’d never fail, not himself, not Aaron Theodore and especially not Purity. She needed to be rescued, to be saved. “Tell us, what do we do?”

Darren could understand their concern. Especially that of Jeremy. “Now, you’re both talking like detectives,” he tried lightening up the mood. Detecting from the stares he recieved, he knew they were in no mood for a joke. “Okay. Fine. There’s no need to worry. Allan, when you get to the station, ask for Myles. He’s a superintendent.”

“Myles?” Allan repeated, obviously confused. “Why do I need to find him?”

Darren turned to Jeremy, looking him in the eye, “I’m sorry, Jeremy. I couldn’t keep this to myself. I had to tell someone. Especially when a time like this comes. Just get to him, give him all the evidence and there’ll be an arrest warrant for Ernest Turner. You’ll come to the venue after that, with him.”

Jeremy wanted to get angry at Darren. He did not keep his promise of telling no one about Purity’s disappearence. But on a second thought, he stopped himself. Darren did it for their benefit. They needed such help now. “Thank you, Darren.”

Allan smiled at Darren. “Nice job, bro. We’re gonna finish this today.”

Darren nodded. “Make sure you get there. Be careful. Dont’t see any officer other than Myles. He knows you’ll be coming. He’ll handle the rest,” he intstructed, slowly, to make sure Allan caught every bit of what he said. He knew the kind of person Allan was – he didn’t like being told what to do.

“Alright, Detective. I promise to do all you’ve asked of me. I will be faithful,” he swore and saluted Darren and flashed a funny smile. He knew he had to do this. He had to carry out Darren’s orders. Purity’s life depended on him doing so.

Darren smiled back and returned his salute. He soon started laughing.

Allan joined him.

Jeremy was also laughing. An important quest lay ahead of them. It wouldn’t be all bad if they had a little bit of fun before they go conquering. He had no idea what would happen next. He just had to cherish the moment they were having. He took a step forward. “Come here,” he invited his friends to move closer to him.

Darren and Allan exchanged inquisitive glances. They had no idea what Jeremy was up to, but they knew he couldn’t harm them. They trotted to him.

He had a reassuring smile on his face. “I…. um….,” he cleared his throat. “I wanna say thank you to you two. Without your help, I wouldn’t even have the vigor to search for my fiancee. You’re like my brothers, brothers I never had. I’m glad I have friends like you, trusted friends that I can rely on and tell everything. Thank you so very much for your help.”

“I couldn’t call myself a human when my very successful billionaire has some problems, and I can’t help. Its my duty – as a friend, I’m a detective, remember?” Darren grinned. He was so happy he was useful.

“Yeah,” Jeremy answered. “Its your d--n job.”

“Ahem!” Allan got their attention. “Jeremy, you still haven’t told us what you read in that book.” He faced Darren, “See, he’s hiding things from us.”

Jeremy and Darren shook their heads.

“Its private,” Jeremy repeated his words of the previous night.

Allan snorted. “Whatever. Just hug me.”

They all went for a big hug. Just as they used to – back in the old days.

“I’m glad I helped, Jeremy,” Allan confessed, beaming. “Lets not sober up, its time for action.”

“I can’t breathe,” Darren complained, “Let me out.”

“Excuse me?”

They all left eachother, nervously. It was what they hated – being caught wrapped up in each other’s arms. It was really embarrassing.

“Um, yeah?” Jeremy answered, trying to sound normal.

The two friends just looked sideways.

“My prayer’s been answered,” Darren muttered.

“Tricia Cayson is here,” the maid stated what she came for.

“Just exactly what I needed. Get her,” he firmly commanded.

The maid swiftly moved to action.

“What are you planning to do?” Allan queried.

Jeremy smiled coyly. “Just sit back and watch.”

...to be continued

Read complete story here : http://www.youngicee.com/2016/03/afraid-to-love-all-posts.html

2 Likes

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2016
Why do i keep on coming late to your new thread mr Prince? We are of the same royal blood. Yhu are a Prince, and am a Queen! Lets not cast each other aside nah! Promise nt to do it again!
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by dimssy(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2016
My bro,dont be afraid to update nah? Abeg come and continue.
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Uthman51(m): 5:13am On Jun 16, 2016
bro I don come
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Hifeme(f): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2016
Sud i help in completing story?
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Hifeme(f): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2016
Tricia neatly arranged her hair.She
had a sly smile on her lips.She slowly let her eyes access her
whole body.Sensing her dress was
still in order,she concluded that
she was perfectly dressed for
Jeremy and him alone.She
couldn’t wait to see him. There was something new about her.“You may come in,miss,” the young
maid interrupted her thoughts.Tricia raised her eyes and let them
run over the pretty blonde standing
before her. She was probably in her
mid-twenties, dressed in the
servant’s uniform. She was bowing
slightly before her – sign of respect. Tricia smiled to herself in
contentment. This kind of act she
loved every bit of it. Her heart leapt
with joy as she was going to
recieve such polite treatment daily.
She just couldn’t wait to be his wife. “Hey, what’s your name?” she
asked, mildly. “Its…. er…… um,” Rosa stuttered.
She had never been asked what
her name was by any visitor. Not
even the fiancee of Mr. Broderick. It
really came as a surprise to her.
“Rosa.” the name

1 Like

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Hifeme(f): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2016
the name finally passed through her lips. Tricia nodded in response and smiled back at her. “Lovely name. Just like you.” She’d do that, wouldn’t she? “Thanks, ma’am. He’s in-” “Don’t worry,” Tricia cut in. “I know where to find him.” Tricia breathed deeply and breezed past Rosa into the living room confidently. She was so sure of herself. No one was going to stop her or bring her joy to a halt. As seconds rolled by, she found herself standing right before the eyes of her prince charming. She let her gaze hold his, smiling innocently. She welcomed his eyes running all over her body, as she never stopped gazing at him. That curious look on his face coupled with uncertainty got her rejoicing within her. She felt like a star. He was staring like he wasn’t sure who she was. He was simply speechless. She kept her good work. “Purity?” he blurted out, utterly baffled. Hearing him call her that, made her heart lurch. He finally called her that name. She was going to become her.

1 Like

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Hifeme(f): 9:58am On Jun 17, 2016
What was going on? He had sent his friends into the house and was prepared to confront her. Someone else had appeared before him. Her hairdo, her make up and even her dressing, it all reminded him of Purity. She did look like her, the similarities were clear. It got him looking at her without a blink. He was totally confused. Her unending smiles sent more conflicting emotions into him. “Purity?” he called the second time, shambling to meet the woman. She kept still, facing him. She wasn’t to utter a sound. She’d let him trot to meet her. He has to come for her. Jeremy let out a breath. This wasn’t Purity. It was obviously not Purity. She’d never act like that. He felt stupid having called her ‘Purity’. If she had changed her hair style and outfit just to puzzle him, she had actually succeeded. She was such an annoying she-devil who wouldn’t take no for an answer. He kept trudging to meet her.
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Hifeme(f): 10:02am On Jun 17, 2016
. On
getting to her, he snorted, “Tricia,
I’m very sorry to have called you the name of my fiancee.” Her smile, her countenance
changed into disappointment
twisted with jealousy and
bitterness. She felt daunted. “That
name belongs to me alone. And I
am your fiancee!” she retorted angrily. He laughed contemptously,
irritating her more and more. “Is
that why you took her away? So
you can take her place?” He fed his
eyes once more. His angry look
revealed the depth of how disgusting she was to him. He was
disgusted by her stupidity. She
didn’t act matured, more like a
sensless child. “You went too far.
You’re all dressed up like her, you
think I’ll look at you again? You’re incorrigible,” he angrily gave her a
piece of his mind. She felt foolish. There was this
desire. The surging urge to hit him.
She couldn’t do that. She’d never
hit the man she loved. No matter
what he said, she was infallible and
will always be. Bracing up, she gazed at him the same way he’d
been looking at her.

1 Like

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Hifeme(f): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2016
“What you’re
saying doesn’t make any sense.
You’re trying to get me worked up.
It won’t happen.” She edged past
him. Got to a couch and slid into it. She was trying to calm her racing
heart and nervous body. Jeremy followed her, “Don”t you
dare. Why did you do it?” he
barked. She rolled her eyes rudely. “Do
what!” she fired. Her got out his cellphone and
showed her a picture on it. “Please,
explain this.”........

93 WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY IF OYINPRINCE'S FANS GIVE ME THE GO AHEAD.... I think that will be through your comments, thanks
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by HelenBee(f): 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
Please go ahead ma'am

2 Likes

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by dimssy(m): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2016
hefeme, how far nah? continue....SmartestPopQUEEN oya come tel her to continue. angry
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
Afraid to Love - Chapter 31
By Patience Ahworegba

Tricia neatly arranged her hair. She had a sly smile on her lips. She slowly let her eyes access her whole body. Sensing her dress was still in order, she concluded that she was perfectly dressed for Jeremy and him alone. She couldn’t wait to see him. There was something new about her.

“You may come in, miss,” the young maid interrupted her thoughts.

Tricia raised her eyes and let them run over the pretty blonde standing before her. She was probably in her mid-twenties, dressed in the servant’s uniform. She was bowing slightly before her – sign of respect. Tricia smiled to herself in contentment. This kind of act she loved every bit of it. Her heart leapt with joy as she was going to recieve such polite treatment daily. She just couldn’t wait to be his wife.

“Hey, what’s your name?” she asked, mildly.

“Its…. er…… um,” Rosa stuttered. She had never been asked what her name was by any visitor. Not even the fiancee of Mr. Broderick. It really came as a surprise to her. “Rosa.” the name finally passed through her lips.

Tricia nodded in response and smiled back at her. “Lovely name. Just like you.” She’d do that, wouldn’t she?

“Thanks, ma’am. He’s in-”

“Don’t worry,” Tricia cut in. “I know where to find him.”

Tricia breathed deeply and breezed past Rosa into the living room confidently. She was so sure of herself. No one was going to stop her or bring her joy to a halt.

As seconds rolled by, she found herself standing right before the eyes of her prince charming. She let her gaze hold his, smiling innocently. She welcomed his eyes running all over her body, as she never stopped gazing at him. That curious look on his face coupled with uncertainty got her rejoicing within her. She felt like a star. He was staring like he wasn’t sure who she was. He was simply speechless. She kept her good work.

“Purity?” he blurted out, utterly baffled.

Hearing him call her that, made her heart lurch. He finally called her that name. She was going to become her.

What was going on? He had sent his friends into the house and was prepared to confront her. Someone else had appeared before him. Her hairdo, her make up and even her dressing, it all reminded him of Purity. She did look like her, the similarities were clear. It got him looking at her without a blink. He was totally confused. Her unending smiles sent more conflicting emotions into him. “Purity?” he called the second time, shambling to meet the woman.

She kept still, facing him. She wasn’t to utter a sound. She’d let him trot to meet her. He has to come for her.

Jeremy let out a breath. This wasn’t Purity. It was obviously not Purity. She’d never act like that. He felt stupid having called her ‘Purity’. If she had changed her hair style and outfit just to puzzle him, she had actually succeeded. She was such an annoying she-devil who wouldn’t take no for an answer. He kept trudging to meet her. On getting to her, he snorted, “Tricia, I’m very sorry to have called you the name of my fiancee.”

Her smile, her countenance changed into disappointment twisted with jealousy and bitterness. She felt daunted. “That name belongs to me alone. And I am your fiancee!” she retorted angrily.

He laughed contemptously, irritating her more and more. “Is that why you took her away? So you can take her place?” He fed his eyes once more. His angry look revealed the depth of how disgusting she was to him. He was disgusted by her stupidity. She didn’t act matured, more like a sensless child. “You went too far. You’re all dressed up like her, you think I’ll look at you again? You’re incorrigible,” he angrily gave her a piece of his mind.

She felt foolish. There was this desire. The surging urge to hit him. She couldn’t do that. She’d never hit the man she loved. No matter what he said, she was infallible and will always be. Bracing up, she gazed at him the same way he’d been looking at her. “What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense. You’re trying to get me worked up. It won’t happen.” She edged past him. Got to a couch and slid into it. She was trying to calm her racing heart and nervous body.

Jeremy followed her, “Don”t you dare. Why did you do it?” he barked.

She rolled her eyes rudely. “Do what!” she fired.

Her got out his cellphone and showed her a picture on it. “Please, explain this.”

Sighting the picture weakened her. She stiffened and let her mouth drop. This was bad, really bad. He finally got to see it. That wasn’t of concern to her. He had absolutely nothing to prove with that picture. Only that it reminded her of the slap she got from that witch. It got her angrier, she so much wanted to have her revenge. She was going to get it – take Jeremy away from her.

“Its….” she tried to find the right words to use, “What does it look like to you? Its a picture,” she stood up and fearlessly faced him, “A picture,” she repeated, placing more emphasis on her words.

“From what I can remember, you and Purity are not friends. You have not met her before. Tell me what this is about,” he firmly demanded.

It was happening again. Her head suddenly began spinning. It was gonna fall apart. She heard voices in her head. It was not she talking. They were speaking to her.

‘Let him call you Purity.’

‘Its your right to be his Purity.’

‘You deserve to be his wife.’

It was getting too much. She couldn’t take it anymore. She wasn’t going to bear it. It wasn’t her favourite thing – to listen to so many voices at the same time. It was simply unbearable.

She shut her eyes, positioned both hands on her ears, covering them. She had to stop hearing those things. They were going to drive her crazy. Make her batty. “Shut up!” she yelled, hysterically. “I know! You don’t have to remind me. Stop it!”

Jeremy scrutinized her fuzzily. “Are you okay?”

That seemed to do the trick. The voiced stopped abruptly. She gazed at Jeremy, spitefully, “So what? What if you don’t know anything? Talk to her, I don’t go around telling people about pictures.” She folded her arms.

Jeremy exhaled deeply. It was of no use speaking to her. She’d never admit to her crime neither was she going to reveal the truth. Ernest had warned her not to. She willingly obeyed. “Keep it all to yourself. I’m outta here.”

“No!” she shouted. “You can’t leave me here. You… are my future husband. I’m leaving with you.” She was determined to do so. Then, they’d never return.

Jeremy ignored her. He wasn’t quite sure if the Tricia he once had a relationship was before his very eyes. She was different – dressed up, disguising herself as another woman. It was unlike her to be so desperate. She was simply strange. Very unlike her. He sighed once more and turned his back on her.

“Don’t you dare snub me,” she warned. “I need you.” The voices – they were gonna come back. Torment her if she didn’t do anything. It was fuzzy to her why she heard those things. They make her do things she never wanted to do. “Jeremy, please,” she implored.

He looked at her over his shoulder. “What you’re telling me to do is impossible. Move on with your life,” he admonished.

Tricia shook her head. “I. . . I . . . can’t,” she stammered, her hands trembling. “They’ll come back. They’ll……,” she muttered incoherent words, filled with anxiety.

His interest was pricked. He cocked a brow. “Who’ll come back?” he asked, turning to face her. “Who?” he repeated.

She met his gaze. All her confidence was drowning away from her. She could feel it slipping out of her fingers. “The….the,” she stopped. It wouldn’t be right to tell him anything.

In a jiffy, she dropped to the ground. “Make me yours,” she whispered. “Let me be yours. Become mine. Jeremy, I can never live without you. Please,” she bowed her head. “Forget about her. I’ll always be here for you. Let me become her,” she begged, desperately.

Jeremy held a scorn on his face. He looked at her with disgust. “You’re pathetic.” He shuffled out of the living room. “This isn’t Tricia Cayson,” he thought to himself.

“The doctor, right?” the officer on casual wear said to Allan, seated across him. His eyes were buried on the papaers he held.

“Yes, I am.” Allan answered. “And I guess you’re Myles. Detective Myles.”

Myles smirked, raising his head to have a clearer view of this doctor. “You are late.”

“It wasn’t easy getting here nor finding you,” Allan said, rubbing his forehead.

“Hmm.” Detective Myles scoffed. “Quite a good evidence you’ve got here.”

Allan sighed. “Common, lets get going. I don’t want any of my friends in trouble.”

“They are already in trouble. I bet Darren can take care of himself. How about lover boy?”

“I dind’t come here for you to give me a lecture.” Allan retorted, feeling snaky.

“Then why are you here?” Myles asked, frowning.

“Following the instructions of a detective,” he shot up a brow and made a face.

“Alright, alright,” Myles lifted his hands up. “Lets get to business.”

“Are you sure this is it?” Jeremy asked,his heartbeat trippling.He couldn’t see any building.The street was oddly quiet and looking really old.If he had been told that such a street existed in New York city,he’d never believe.Seeing one for himself convinced him of that.

Darren killed the engine of the vehicle and turned to face his friend.”My tracker says it is. I’m sure.”He scanned his surrounding for a while,”Pretty scary,right?”

Jeremy inhaled and exhaled deeply.”More scary to her.She must be scared to death to be kept in a place like this.Ernest’s really insane.”

“Save your strength for what we’re gonna face,”Darren advised, pulling a door open.

“Wait,”Jeremy stopped him.”I don’t see the place or wherever she is.Why don’t we drive around?Till we get to see a building or something.”

Darren chuckled.”Don’t tell me you’re scared.”He closed the door.

Jeremy swallowed hard.”I don’t think so. It’ll be quick.Was just suggesting though.”

“Listen,there’s only one building on this street.And I think he’s here. If he is,she is with him.Lets walk,not to draw his attention.”He patted Jeremy on the shoulder, “We can defend ourselves,”he smiled reassuringly.

Jeremy responded with a nod. There was no backing down.He was ready to fight for his princess and get her back.The hour had arrived.He unfastened his seat belt,pushed the door open and climbed down,slamming it behind him.An eerie feeling crept into him, when the wind blew across his face.He was uncomfortable and did not like what he was feeling.”Are you sure the car’s safe here?”he whispered to Darren.

“Don’t have an answer to that. It probably is,”Darren responded,making sure the car was securely locked.”There’s tight security.'”

“Where are we headed to?”

“Over there,”Darren pointed right ahead of them.Nothing exactly that could give them the urge to go on was in view.Just grasses, overgrown bushes by the corner of the street and their shadows lingered.

“Don’t tell me she’s been in a bush?”Jeremy asked,furious.It’d be more than hell for Ernest if that was actually true.

“Lets just go.Keep your voice down,”Darren instructed.

Jeremy sighed.”Don’t you feel nervous? Uncanny? Its what I’m feeling.”

It was normal.He had also felt that way – that was a long time ago.”I understand what you feel.Try not to think about it.”

They continued their walk in absolute silence.Being careful, their eyes roved about,searching for the sign of someone,anyone.

Jeremy kept his head straight up, trying to send those uneasy feelings back to where they came from.

“We’re right here,”Darren announced excitedly.

Jeremy turned his head to the right.There was a house.It was abandoned.It had a mail box entirely hidden by tall grass.Its driveway was overgrown.It had bushes and brambles up against the door and windows.It had weeds in the gutters and green slime on the walls,and a cracked foundation pierced by creeper tendrils ticker than his wrist.A shiver ran down his spine.His Purity couldn’t be here.

The grim and gloomy building was the worst excuse for a house he’d ever seen;it was more like a long-abandoned prison or insane assylum rather than once a glamorous house.The doors and windows were covered with a thick layer dust that looked like it had been untouched for years.The windows of the house looked back at him with the eyes of an empty soul,along with the grand door at the entry way to the house.That seemed to give him the impression that it was a gateway to hell.

They got past the bushy surroundings to the door at the entry.Darren turned it and it creaked open, moving a centimeter at a time. It could move faster but the wood of the door had grown moldy and soft with water and neglect.They made it into the house.A thick coating of dust and mold coats everything.They stopped tentatively as there were already several dark holes where floorboards have snapped,weak from mold and pressured downwards by the weight of the gigantic dust bunnies that have formed.Cobwebs brushed their faces as they stepped deeper into the house.A shiver ran down their spines.Its really difficult to tell,wierd but there was something unbelievably spooky about that place.

As they walked further into the house, scanning the place, they got to a second door.Darren turned it open;the rotting door creaked open slowly.Echoing footsteps invaded the silence that hung like a cloak around the house.A thick carpet of dust clung to every object,the rays of light chinning through the shattered glass window catching on the particles suspeneded in the stagnant air.They moved deliberately,dust billowing into clouds as they passed.He continued to move through the house,kicking up more dust until it was difficult to see through the billions of air that now swirled into the air.Then they came to a third door,faded green paint curling with age,brass handles almost consumed by a thick network of cobwebs.They exchanged curious glances.Darren using his eye,prompted Jeremy to go on.He took a deep breath,reaching out, he turned it

...to be continued
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
Afraid to Love - Episode 32

By Patience Ahworegba

The wooden door flung open, without a knock. That sent Supt Cayson’s head upwards, towards the direction of the door. He frowned. He hated being rudely interrupted. He got ready to lash the offender with angry words.

A female figure bounced in.

The frown on his face soon disappeared and was replaced with a look of amazement and worry. What was she doing here? She just bursted in. It was strange of her to do that. She looked worried and nervous. She seldomly visit him at work – only when there was trouble. He stood up hastily. “What is wrong? Are you okay?” he inquired, pushing himself to meet her.

Tricia lazily staggered towards her dad. She had just been humilated – the worst ever. It had never happened, ever. She’d played the fool, pleading for a man to have affection for her. Her emotions propelled her to act that way, she wasn’t thinking straight. That was that, nothing could be done about it. All she needed at that instant was comfort. Comfort from the only person she knew loved her, cared for her and was willing to risk anything for her safety and happiness. That one person was David Cayson – her papa.

David warmly welcomed his daughter into his arms. He held her affectionatley, gently giving her pats at intervals on her back. She was sobbing, this time. He had no idea what was bothering her, what put her in that situation and made her cry. It was what he could not comprehend at that instance; however, he was willing to bring her comfort, consolation and soother her. He was ready to do away with all negative feelings surging through her.

“Calm down, my darling, calm down,” he spoke calmly, hoping it’d take some of her anxiety away.

Tricia was not able to bottle up what she felt anymore. It took her by surprise when she broke into tears in her father’s arms – she was hardly moved to tears. It felt nice expressing her innermost feelings that way. She tried to control it, tried to stop the tears from falling. They didn’t relent, it kept running down her cheeks more and more; especially as she recalled how Jeremy walked out on her. He took no pity. He didn’t feel sorry for her. Neither did he endeavour to understand her feelings. Her viewed her as a pathetic human being. What wrong had she done just to need someone like she’d never done before? The most shameful part of the scenerio was the fact that Jeremy had his house servants throw her out of the house. It was simply unbelievable. She was treated like a commoner, a nobody. They dared laid their disgusting hands on her. It was a pitiable situation.

Her sobbing increased to the next level as those events invaded her thoughts. She wondered why Jeremy had deemed her fit to recieve such cheeky treatment. She was filled with despair, anger and grief. Despair towards having any lasting relationship with Jeremy or any other man. Anger towards Jeremy for abandoning her and treating her like unwanted garbage. Grieving herself, her loss for not being his Purity. She hadn’t got what she needed.

“Tricia,” David whispered.

d--n it! she thought. Why did he have to call her that? She wants to be called Purity, not Tricia. Wouldn’t anyone just listen and grant her request? Was it that difficult? “Father,” she croaked, “Is anything wrong with me?”

“I don’t understand you, my dear,” David replied, confused.

“Why do men reject me? I’m not called Purity, is that the reason?” she asked, clinging unto her father.

There was something defintely going on with Tricia. Why was she suddenly obsessed with that name? And who on earth was the guy that rejected her? What was happening in her life? “My love, no guy rejeceted you. You’re soon to be married. Jeremy, right?” he smiled, there was warmth in his voice. He wanted her to feel it.

“Hell no! He’s not!” she screamed, breaking free from her father’s grip. She held his gaze, “I’m not getting married to him.”

“What? What is it you’re saying? I saw your engagement ring, you…” he sighed, coming his hair with a hand. “You showed it to me. He can’t end things with you.”

“I lied,” she bluntly confessed, looking away.

David found her revelation shocking and incomprehensible. What did she mean by that? The whole thing was a lie? Was that why Jeremy never made it to dinner? Who lies about being engaged to a man? He couldn’t believe his daughter had turned into a liar.

A tap on his door dragged him out of his thinking. He turned to it. He stared curiously at the two men standing by it. He was in no mood for any troubles. “Yes?”

“There’s an urgent matter at hand,” Myles reported.

Jeremy slowly turned the brass handle of the old door. He didn’t mind that it was dirtly, covered in dust and cobwebs. Surprisingly, the door gave way; creaking open. He maintained his pace, pushing it slowly. Soon enough, it was wide open, suitable for them to go through.

The scent that greeted him was familiar. It was strange. The whole house – parts that he’d been through smelled of dust and age. It was different here. The smell was feminine and it was hers. He looked around the room. His eyes slowly darting around it. She’d been kept here, she’d been in the room for days, but she was no where to be found.

His eyes caught a slender figure of a man. He was kneeling besides the window, his head bent. Who could that be? Jeremy mused, silently. Why wasn’t Purity here? What was happening? Without much ado, he hurried off to the unknown man, yanked him to himself and held him by the throat, trying to choke him. To his utmost surprise, it was Ernest.

“Where the f--k is she?” Jeremy roared, his eyes unreadable.

Ernest was taken aback when he felt a hand grab him roughly. He was unprepared to fight back. He let his cousin position his hands on his neck. That was what he wished for, he wanted death to take him away. He’d been so stupid, now she was never going to belong to him or his cousin. He displayed another act of stupidity by not even noticing the door creak and two people invaded his privacy; all because he had been absorbed in his thoughts. He was mourning his loss, his failure.

“Answer me!” Jeremy demanded, choking him.

Ernest had wanted to speak. It was impossible. Very strong hands blocked the easy flow of words in him. He remained mute, bearing the pains as his punishment for being stupid.

“Let him go,” he heard another voice order. He shifted his gaze. That was the man he had met the night he cleared the room for Purity. He had also been fooled by him – all the more reason he wished to die.

“Let him go,” Darren instructed a second time. He held out his gun and pointed it at Ernest. “He can’t speak when he’s about to be strangled. And you have no right to take a life. I can handle this.”

The anger burned more fiercly within Jeremy as he listened to Darren’s lecture. Resignedly, he removed his hands from Ernest’s throat. Darren was right. “Good thing he saved you from my wrath!” he grunted.

“I….think….. I deserved that,” Ernest responded amidst coughing gasping for air.

“Don’t you-”

“Hold it!” Darren commanded, just in time to stop Jeremy from putting a punch on Ernest’s mouth. “I got this.”

“How did you find me?” Ernest questioned, unafraid.

“You should be worried about what’s gonna happen to you and not that,” Darren replied.

Ernest tittered, “I don’t care about that anyway. She’s gone.”

David sighed. Dealing with the new version of Tricia Cayson was of more importance to him. That was his promise to his late wife. “I was busy before you came in. We can talk about that later,” he spoke his mind, rejecting the offer to get busy to work.

“Its-”

“I beg to disagree sir,” came Allan’s voice, cutting Detective Myles off, “It does affect me personally and I need immediate action.”

“Who are you?” David demanded. He was already irritated.

“Allan. Doctor Allan,” he boldly answered, smiling.

Tricia froze on hearing that name. A million and one thoughts ran across her mind. He had come to report Purity’s case to the cops? Does he have any evidence implicating her and Ernest? Oh, no! Not in the presence of her papa. He’d lose his trust, more of it in her. He’d be disappointed in her. He’d resnt her, never love her or care for her. She had brought disgrace to him and she’d be all alone in the world.

“What can I do for you, Dr. Allan?” David asked.

Allan and Myles fully entered the room.

“This is a private investigation,” Myles informed Supt David. “Do you mind if you do this alone?”

David shook his head. He wasn’t gonna let Tricia out of his sight. Its time she started taking her profession seriously – just as he does. “Nope. Let me do some introductions,” he swiftly turned Tricia to face the men. “This is my daughter, Tricia Cayson. Tricia, meet Myles, another superintendent and a man with an urgent case – Dr. Allan.”

Tricia’s entire body quivered under the gaze of the doctor. She was short of words. Didn’t know what to say to him. She hadn’t yet cooked up a device on how to deal with him, she was facing him again. She s----d at unplanned visits. She nodded mechanically, in replacement of her not-to-be-found-words.

Allan smiled silly. “Nice to meet you, again.”

Myles had no idea what was happening.

“You two know eachother?” David enquired

“Where are you taking me?” Purity demanded for the umpteenth time. She was bundled up, riding in a red SUV in the middle of two bloody looking men. “Let me go!” she spat out.

“Shut up!” one of the men chided. His eyes narrowed at her. “Don’t make any more sound!”

Purity snorted, “I demand to know! I have every right to, where are you taking me?”

“For the very last time,” he warned again. “Shut your mouth up!”

The feeling of rage burning within her was instense, it intensified as the man kept rebuking her. That, she wouldn’t take. She didn’t know them, never seen them all her life. “Where the hell is Ernest? Who are you people? Leave me alone!” she defied their orders outrightly. She wouldn’t be taken to a place she never knew of without a fight. For Ernest to abduct her and put her through hell was what she could pull through. She knew what he was capable of doing and that he’d never hurt her. Presently, she was with men she had never seen in her entire life, riding to an unknown destination. She couldn’t understand why all that was happening. Her life was suddenly upturned. Jeremy never even came for her. All her hopes were dashed. She’d depend soley on herself. “Just give me an answer! Where are you taking me to? Where is Ernest Turner?”

“What do you mean ‘she’s gone?'” Jeremy retorted.

Ernest coughed and spat out. “He doublecrossed me. He betrayed me. She’s gone,” he repeated.

What was he talking about? Betrayed? By who? He was speaking in riddles. “Just get to the point,” Jeremy snarled. “Where is she?”

Ernest didn’t think much about it. He had no option than to open up to them. He musn’t have Melisa. He’d do what he could to correct his mistakes. He didn’t get what he wanted. He cleared his throat, “Jayden Cristiano. He helped me. Promised to make her mine. It was all a trick. He took advantage of my desperation. How much I wanted to be with her. Now, she’s on her way to him. We didn’t plan it this way,” he lamented. “She was to be with me and not him.”

Jeremy sank deeper into confusion as he listened to Ernest’s story. He sighed. Only if he knew it’d be this difficult and confusing.

“You know where he’s taking her to?” Darren questioned.

“I do.”

“Move it! We’re going to get her.”

“Jeremy, I’m sorry,” Ernest admitted that he was wrong. He regretted his actions. Few words had changed him. Words he never wanted to affect him. They did have very powerful effects on him.

“Don’t you think its too late for that?” Jeremy asserted, sarcastically.

“I know…. I know I’ve been wrong. I feel guilty, remorse for what I’ve done.”

Jeremy scoffed. “Then you must have felt it when you had her for days! Much more, even before you did all of these!”

“I love her! I felt I was doing it for love and she’ll get to love me back.”

“Screw you!” Jeremy snarled.

Ernest exhaled. He never imagined apologising to anyone. He had never been in the wrong. He wasn’t fallible. He could do whatever he wished. He could get anyting he wanted, nothing could stop him. That was how he was taught – by his mother. He had lived that way; always getting what he wanted till he met Melisa. Now he realized his mother was wrong. Getting what you wanted always doesn’t bring real happiness. Letting go and making others happy actually brought real peace of mind. A doctor made him understand that and he was going to right his wrongs. “Are you going to at least listen to me?”

Darren sighed. This was a family issue – meant for them only. He wasn’t gonna interfere. They both deserved to voice out their feelings and make decisions.

“Yeah, I’d wanna listen to a whole lot of crap,” Jeremy spat out. Apologies and all that bullshit were the last things he wanted to hear. He only wanted his demon of a cousin to bring back his Purity safe, without any scratch. Maybve after that he’d give a thought to what he was saying.

“Um, yeah,” Allan answered still smiling. He knew she’d expect him to spill the bean. But he was too smart for that. He was going to take everything slow and steadily. “We’ve ran into eachother a couple of times when Jeremy Broderick was hospitalized,” he said, giving her some advantage.

Tricia heaved a sigh of relief. She was relieved he kept his mouth shut. How was she sure he’d had other plans, waiting to be unravelled. She waved such thoughts aside. Feeling fagged out, she wanted to leave, get home, shower and sleep.

..to be continued

Read the complete story here:

http://www.youngicee.com/2016/03/afraid-to-love-all-posts.html

1 Like

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by dimssy(m): 6:23am On Sep 01, 2016
oyinprince, happy new month brother....how far this story manh..lot to learn from it actually sad kiss
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 6:57am On Sep 01, 2016
dimssy:
oyinprince, happy new month brother....how far this story manh..lot to learn from it actually sad kiss
Happy new month. You never read am finish before? looks like I've still got it, I'll post remaining chapters. Just remind me Incase I forget
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by dimssy(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2016
okay brooooo *grateful heart*
Oyinprince:
Happy new month. You never read am finish before? looks like I've still got it, I'll post remaining chapters. Just remind me Incase I forget
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by siralabai(m): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
I was going to ask Oyin why he didn't complete this story when I saw the last update.
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
“I’m leaving now. Bye papa.” she said and found her way out of her dad’s office.
“Tricia,” David called to her retreating figure. He sighed sadly as she did not respond to his call. It was really devastating. He shook his head, he must work now, then get home to his daughter. He hoped she’d not do anything stupid to herself.
“So, lets hear your case. We have enough privacy already.”
Myles was the first to speak. “Its a kidnap case. For some reasons, it was hidden and now it has to come to light.”
“Hidden? I don’t understand you.” He turned to Allan, “Why was it hidden?”
“So many reasons,” Myles answered, regardless of the fact that he was not spoken to. “It was the best option.”
A frown creased David’s face. What sort of stupid explanation was he gonna listen to? “I’m getting impatient.”
“We have all evidence, sir. I knew about it all,” Myles answered.
“Show them to me,” David demanded.
As Myles reached out to hand the evidence to David, Allan said, “Take a deep breath, sir. What you’re about to see might shock you.”
David’s hands steadied for a shile. He shot Myles a questioning look.
“We’ve got a whole lot of explanations to do.”
“I’m listening.”
Purity was led into a dynamic mansion. Everything she saw reeked of wealth and power. The black gigantic gates, the inter-locked ground, streams of the latest vehicles parked chronologically, a tennis lawn, a swimming pool……. she snorted. They weren’t new to her. Her father could afford more of what stared at her. The big question still crossed her mind – what was she doing there? Was this another of Ernest’s plot? Or was it Jeremy who had done it? He actually had her at heart? She couldn’t help but wonder, Jeremy was stinkingly rich and so was Ernest. The more she pondered over it, the more perplexed she became. She heaved a weary sigh. Following their orders could provide the answers she needed. They were even too strong for her – the men. She resigned to doing so.
As the door to the mansion opened, she was greeted by five young maids, in their uniforms, ready to recieve her. They took her from the bloody looking men, leading her to a room. She got confused. Where to now? She didn’t give protesting a single thought, it wouldn’t save her.
Jeremy exhaled, looking out the window. Silence filled the moving vehicle. The silence was only broken when Ernest gave further directions to the place Purity was taken and after that, they relapsed to silence. He was glad it was thay way. Hearing Ernest speak to him was repulsive. It only ignited the feeling of anger and hatred he felt for him. Keeping his d--n mouth shut was good for them. Something else was of importance to him. He needed to get to her, to see her. He wished she was okay and that it wouldn’t be impossible to help her out by the time they find her.
“I wanna call Allan,” he said to Darren. “I need to know the situation over there.”
“Go on,” Darren replied absent minded. His thoughts were far away. He hoped they wouldn’t fail, he wouldn’t fail his friends.
“Allan,” Jeremy breathed out when the phone was answered. “What’s up?”
“Its not that easy,” Allan drawled in a disappointed tone.
That response made Jeremy’s heart lurch, “What’s happening? It should be easy.”
“It happens that the cop to help us out turns out to be Tricia’s dad. We’re tryna convince the old man to be on our side.”
Jeremy sighed, “That’s one hell of a job.”
“We’re working on it. Will get back to you when we’re ready.”
“What do you want with me? Why bring me here? Who are you all?” Purity asked the maids when they were finally locked up in a room – a very beautiful one at that. But her mind wasn’t settled. She had to know.
None of them agreed to speak up. They just looked at her and exhcanged glances among themselves. It looked as if they communicated with their eyes, reading eachother’s minds. And they tried reading hers. They had no idea if they were to carry out their duty or not.
“Please,” Purity insisted. “I don”t know what I’m doing here. Make me feel comfortable.”
A sigh came from one of the maid, probably the oldest. “We just want to dress you up. The boss gave us that order.”
“Who is your boss?” she questioned, her hope lighting up, “Who wants me dressed up?”
“Please, ma’am. We don’t want to get to trouble. Let’s do our jobs.”
Purity frowned. Who is the boss? Could it be Jeremy? Musing wouldn’t get her anywhere.
Tricia lay lazily in the bathtub. Her body covered with soapy water and her left hand hand out, dripping slowly with water. She closed her eyes, thinking deeply. The soapy water kept dripping off her hand at intervals making a soft noise as it touched the tiled floor.
The bathroom remained still except for the little drops of water that decreased each time one fell off. She laid still, motionless. Silence. Silence. Beats of silence.
“Nooo!!!” she shrieked suddenly, lifting herself off the tub. She placed both hands on her ears frantically. “It can’t be,” she whispered to the air. “It just can’t be,” she cried out again.
With quivering hands, she covered her nudity; wrapping a white cotton towel around her body. “They won’t let me be,” she muttered, stepping out of the bathtub, “Please, go away,” she sobbed.
And they wouldn’t just listen. They just continued speaking at the same time. Tricia felt her head was gonna split into two. She really couldn’t take it anymore. She covered her ears with her hands a second time and found her way out of the bathroom. On getting to her bedroom, she sank into her bed, weeping. “I’ve got to be her. If I’m not her, they’d never leave me.” More determined, she repeated, “I’ve got to be her. Tricia Cayson no more exists. I am Purity Theodore.”
“Give me a name,” Purity persisted. She was sure it’d get a good result. Without anymore whinnings and protests, she wholeheartedly submitted herself to the maids. They had done whatever they wanted, and she smiled at the perfect reflection of herself in the mirror. She never believed she’d be as pretty as she was after all that Ernest put her through. She exhaled, “I’m really curious to know,” she flashed the maid who had earlier answered her questions a broad smile, “Please…..”
The maid was between crossroads. A part of her wanted to jump right at the miss’s offer and tell her all she wanted to hear. The other part declined, and for good reasons. She had to keep her job and talking would do no good, it might cost her her job. Then, she’d be out on the streets with her son – begging. It was something she never wanted to happen. She closed her eyes, inhaled and exhaled sharply as she weighed the outcomes of her intended actions in her head. “Miss,” she called out softly, opening her eyes, “I can’t do it. As much as I want to, I can’t. Please, don’t ask any further questions.”
A frown curled Purity’s lips. She thought of a better idea. “Um, why don’t you give me the letter his name starts with. Trust me, if you were in my shoes, you’d be dying to know as much as I am.”
She felt sorry for her. She knew that feeling too – being kept in the dark while everyone else was aware. Its unbearable. This wouldn’t hurt, right? “Its a J.”
Purity grinned. “A J.” she repeated. “Its a J,” she said again. She felt her stomach flutter. “A J.” It was Jeremy. He was actually the one behind the facade, just to show how much he loved her. She felt loved. “Um, does he by any chance have a Y in his name?”
“Uh…..yes, he does.”
That’s it! Her guess wasn’t hazarded. It was a good guess. Jeremy, Jeremy. Oh, how she had missed him. She was finally gonna see him and determinded to love him back. Nothing was going to deny her of being happy, especially with him. She wasn’t scared anymore, she was more than willing to love him and have him as hers.
“Miss, its time. He awaits your presence,” the maid informed, breaking into her reverie.
Purity smiled dreamily. Excited she was. She couldn’t wait to lay her eyes on him. The only man who had succeeded in breaking the walls around her heart. Staring at the mirror, she said, “Lets do some finishing touch.”
“Two turns at your left,” Ernest directed. He was going to help get Melisa back. He was sure of it. Good thing he realized his mistakes, but it was a little late. Despite that, he was determined to be a good guy and love enough to let go, just like Jeremy.
Darren felt the piercing silence eating him up. He decided to take advantage of it. “Ernest,” he called out, exhaling. “Are you sure you’re taking us to the right place? If this happens to be a set up, I’d personally put a bullet to your skull,” he threatened.
“Its the right place.” He thought for a while, “I’m not wrong. If we don’t get to find her, they might have moved.” He looked scared. They shouldn’t move, he prayed. “I swear it-”
“Don’t you f-----g swear!” Jeremy exclaimed, irritated. “Do not swear in my presence,” he warned.
“Relax brother, he’s tryna convince -”
“I think we’re here,” Ernest cut him off.
Darren forgot he was about to chide his friend on hearing Ernest’s statement. Without a thought, he hit the brakes and slewed the vehicle off the road and shut the engine. “Sure this is it?”
“It sure is,” Ernest confirmed.
Jeremy did not utter a word. He just stared at the big black gate. “Whoever did this must have a lot of power,” he mumbled.
“Ernest, you’re gonna go to jail. Why do you even wanna help us?” Darren asked.
“Its not in anyway gonna reduce your sentence,” Jeremy curtly said.
“It could.”
Ernest sighed. “I know all of that. And I’m not doing this just to get out of prison or escape it. I deserve to pay for my crimes. But I wanna do something good before ending up there.”
“Are you sure about this?” Darren questioned.
“I am.”
Jeremy was not interested if Ernest had changed or not. It didn’t appeal to him. He just did not give a d--n about that. Saving Purity was of more concern to him. “How do we get her?”
“I have an idea.” Darren smiled.
David Cayson sat behind the wheels of his police car, driving to a street he never knew existed in New York city. Three other vehicles of similar brand trailed behind his. Riding with him were Myles and the doctor he just met. They were on a rescue mission.
“Forgive me, Tricia,” he whispered bitterly. The pain he felt at his heart could not be compared to any physical pain. The pain was doing a lot of damage to him. He was unable to accept the fact that his daughter – his very on little girl of yesterday had become something else, someone he does not recognize. Hearing it from the two gentlemen sounded ridiculous. But they convinced him, it was true. Now, his daughter was not just a shadow of herself but an imagination of her own self. She lived according to her thoughts. Her new self was merely of fantasy.
He sighed, wringling those thoughts out of his head. He’ll figure out a way to save her later. Now was the time to save Purity. Purity Theodre – his daughter’s role model and arch-enemy.
“They’re at his place,” Allan broke the silence, interrupting David’s thinking as well. “The place of the guy who had her kidnapped.”
“Have they gone in yet?” Myles asked.
“Um… It seems so.”
“We gotta hurry.”
“No,” Allan refused. “They’ve got a plan. Lets not burst in there and ruin it! Spoil their show.”
David chuckled. “Is this what it means to you? A show? Its live and direct boy.”
“I know. I-”
“Lets hope his mighty ‘plan’ of theirs doesn’t get them into trouble.” He breathed deeply. “I’m gonna step on the accelerator and the rest would follow.”
They led her gently out of the room she had just changed in. She was going to meet with Jeremy. At last! Acting like a baby was what she thought of doing. Screaming excitedly, jumping exhilaratingly and scurring off to find him. She just had to act cool and bottle up those feelings inside of her. She wasn’t gonna let people wonder if she had gone crazy.
“Do you speak French?” the maid inquired.
“What? What did you say?” Purity asked. She hadn’t quite heard her vividly.
“French? You know it?”
“Nope. I do not know. Why should I?” Purity asked, bewildered.
“The boss does. Just got back from Paris.”
They stopped right in front of a massive door. “This is it.” the maid finally said and they left Purity standing by herself.
She did not have the chance to reply the maid. Jeremy speaks French? She had no idea he did. Or was it not Jeremy? Was it someone else? The happiness she felt slowly crept away. The feelings of anxiety, fright, nervousness found their way back into her. Purity groaned. “Don’t I deserve to be happy?” she whispered. “I’m gonna know what this is about.”
Shuffling towards the door, she pushed it open and it gave way easily. That added to her fears, but she wasn’t gonna back out. She quickly stepped in, hoping to keep the door open. But it jammed itself right after she got in. That did not make her comfortable. Sighing, she turned her back to the door. She looked around; it was study room, but it wasn’t her business.
“Bonjour Mademoiselle,” a masculine voice greeted.
“So it was never Jeremy Broderick.”

1 Like

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2016

His smirk could be heard, it filled the entire room. “Always Jeremy Broderick. Why did you choose him?”

Purity s----d in a breath. The voice – she had never heard it before. “Who are you? Why don’t you show your face?”

He wasn’t going to, not yet. He’d remain hidden in the dark till he was satisfied. “Don’t you think its too early to start questioning me?”

She scoffed. “I don’t think so. I’m outta here. Can’t speak to an invisible person.”

He had no reply to her taunt. He only watched as she began to head for the door. She tried opening it, it wouldn’t respond. He smiled pleasingly as she continued her struggle with the door.

“Stupid door,” she cursed and stamped a foot on the marble floor. “What do you want from me?” she demanded, turning to face the direction of the voice.

“I love your guts,” he complimented, still in the dark. “You are just as I imagined.”

She was getting impatient. “What do you want with me?” she demanded, standing akimbo.

“Its simple,” he felt it was time to come out of the dark.

She heard his footsteps coming at her direction. Her heart began racing. Was she ready to face the man who had locked her up with him? Only time could tell. She took a deep breath.

“I only want revenge,” he admitted, completely facing her.

Purity scanned him. He was hefty and tall. He had brown hair, grey eyes that never stopped staring at her with lust. The Armani suit he was clad in matched his eyes. He was somewhat attractive. She rolled her eyes. Disappointment. That was the feeling she got. She’d expected a different person. One who smelt dangerous. But this guy didn’t look like it. “I’m astonished.” She chuckled. “A guy like you wants revenge? Hmm. Totally unbelievable.”

“This is my house,” he reminded her, getting upset.

“So?” she folded her arms. “Doesn’t give you any right to prison me in here.”

“I guess you haven’t changed.” he pocketed his hands. “Your ordeal with Ernest didn’t that teach you anything?”

“It didn’t,” she answered moving backwards. “I was unharmed. And that gave me more guts.”

“Hmm.” he sighed. “He failed then.”

“It was you behind it?” it was more like an accusation that a question.

“Are you surprised?” he was smiling. “Then I’ve amazed you.”

“Just tell me, what do you want me for?” she demanded again. She wasn’t moving.

He took a step forward, and another and another, he was advancing towards her. “I just want my revenge.”

Purity walked backwards till she was pinned to the wall. “What f-----g revenge do you want?”

“Hey,” Ernest confidently greeted.

“What is it you want?” the guard asked, holding a frown on his face.

That disapproved face wasn’t gonna intimidate him. “Uh… I’m Ernest. Remember?”

“I remember you,” the guard replied, still frowning.

“Jayden wants to see me. We had an agreement. We have to see eachother.” Ernest sounded as sincere as he could, looking very harmless.

“He doesn’t wanna be disturbed,” the guard insisted.

“I’m gonna call him right now and let him know what you just said,” Ernest threatened.

“All right. I hope this is true.” He gave way for Ernest to pass through.

Ernest made his way into the compound swiftly, smiling devilishly.

“What?” the guard was alarmed. “You didn’t tell me there were three of you. I’ll-”

And there was a punch from Darren. It made the guard shut up and was sent to the ground. He was knocked out.

“Quick! Hurry in,” he whispered to Jeremy.

Jeremy hurried in. In no time, the guard’s body was pulled into his little home. All three were in there.

“This is the control room.” Ernest informed Darren.

“And why would a control room be in here?” Jeremy asked.

“Jayden’s too smart. One would never suspect. Its right there,” Ernest pointed at it.

“Really smart,” Darren concurred. “You talk as if you know all about his Jayden. You know much about him?”

“Yeah. My buddy. Till he betrayed me.”

“He’s gonna wake up any time soon,” Jeremy said, referring to the guard.

“I’ve got this,” Darren held up a bottle and administered it on the guard. “Cyanide. He’ll be unconscious for long.”

“Jeez!” Jeremy exclaimed. “Isn’t that gonna kill him?”

“It might, might not.” Darren replied. “Come on, I’ve got to shut down the security cameras.”

He trotted to the control center and the others trailed. He got busy to work.

“Jeremy,” Ernest blurted out. “You’ve got to forgive me. I really am sorry. Please, let it go.”

Jeremy looked up at him. He was hurt, really hurt. Still, he had to let it go. Pride and ego wasn’t gonna get in his way. He smiled sincerely, “I forgive you. It was difficult, I mean it is. But I do.”

Ernest was relieved. He felt happy. He smiled in return.

“All cameras down.” Darren informed.

They turned to him.

“The house is ours now. We’re gonna split and search for her discreetly as we can. Allan would soon be here. Lets move it.”

“I can’t breathe,” Purity whinned, “Move back. You are just too close.”

“Do you know how long I’ve waited and wanted to be alone with you? Let me enjoy it!”

“Annoying jerk!” Purity cursed. “Let me go!” she screamed.

“Wild as a horse. You’re exactly the same.”

“Let go!” she shoved him out of her face with all the strength she had.

“I’m Jayden Cristiano, you b---h!” he yelled at her, stepping back.

“Don’t you dare call me names,” she warned, panting. “Wait, did you just say Jayden? Jayden?” The J and Y. It did not mean Jeremy, it meant Jayden. She’d been a fool to think only the name ‘Jeremy’ had a J and Y. “What the heck are you? I don’t know you!”

“You know who the hell I am! I need my revenge.” he stared murderously at her.

She did not like his gaze. It was dangerous. It seemed his eyes were gonna stop her from taking in more oxygen. “What silly revenge have you been ranting about?”

“You remember the guy you hit in the presence of the world? You slapped me on the face for the world to see. Now, you claim you don’t know me?” he explained. It was embarrassing recalling that event.

Yeah. He was right. Now, she knew who he was. A guy who wouldn’t let her be. Who pried into her private life and wanted to force his way into her heart. She never gave him that permission and he wasn’t gonna break her rules. “You were embarrassing me. I couldn’t take it anymore.” she paused, rubbed her forehead and then continued with her defense. “You just wouldn’t let me be. Believe me, I never wanted to. I was pushed to the wall by you. I had to bounce back.”

“By hitting me?” he snarled.

“You wouldn’t listen to my words.”

“I loved you and just wanted you to be my girlfriend.”

“And I said I wasn’t interested,” she folded her arms and her lips pouted.

He ran a hand through his hair roughly, “Well all that’s over now. You’re gonna pay.”

“That is the reason you disappeared into thin air?” she asked brusquely.

“I’m gonna have my revenge,” he repeated firmly.

“How the hell am I gonna pay?” she retorted.

“You’ll feel the same pain I did.”

She twisted her lips. “You’re gonna hurt someone you claim to have loved?”

“I did love you.”

“Hell no, you didn’t. It was an obsession and it was getting on my nerves. I had to do something. And I did!”

“An error on your part. You’d regret it.”

“How?” she rolled her eyes.´

“I’ve got a private plane waiting for us. We’re leaving for Paris.”

Purity scoffed. “You can’t do that. I am not going anywhere with you!”

“I can, my darling,” he replied softly.

“You wouldn’t dare,” she ruffled her hair. “How’s that gonna make me pay?”

He roved around her, circling her with each step he took. “In Paris, you’d be my lover. I’d take away your virginity and later on, break up with you for the whle world to see,” he smiled wickedly. “I can be cruel if I wanna be.”

“You are cruel!” she spat out.

“Move it!”

He grabbed hold of her hand, yanking her to his side without being considerate if she was gonna hurt. Securely holding her, he unlocked the door easily.

Purity groaned. The d--n door that had refused to open when she wanted to run away. She struggled with Jayden to free herself. It wasn’t working – just like all the other times. She was weak in power when it came to men. But she wasn’t gonna let him humiliate her that way.

Jayden pushed the door open, pulled Purity out and closed it behind him.

“Don’t move!” a voice ordered, stopping him from taking any step.

“Jeremy,” Purity gasped, totally amazed. “What is Jeremy doing with a gun?” she rhetorically asked. The shock on her face soon melted into a smile of appreciation. Jeremy had finally come! He was to save her. She was relieved and felt happiniess. She never did stop hoping he’d come for her.

“This is the Jeremy?” Jayden taunted with disgust on his face.

“Shut up!” Jeremy yelled, pointing a gun at him. “One more word and you’d be in hell.” He was trying to be calm. To keep his cool. Seeing Purity brought this feeling of joy, contentment in his heart. The feeling of emptiness and being incomplete withered away. A warm feeling took root in his heart.

Pure hatred, disgust and anger were the feelings he had for the b-----d who had taken his princess away from him. He also betrayed his cousin. He was so gonna pay for his crimes.

“Are you alright?” he asked Purity.

“I’m…. I’m……okay. Um, I’m not hurt,” she replied, stuttering. Getting out of Jayden’s arms and being with Jeremy was all she could think of.

“Release her at once!” Jeremy demanded.

“What are you gonna do?” Jayden retorted.

“Shoot.” Jeremy answered sincerely. In reality, he didn’t know how to use a gun. He’d never held one his entire life till Darren handed him one that afternoon. It was his and Purity’s protection. He figured out he had to keep his finger on the trigger, and that he did. Jayden was never gonna find out he was naive when it came guns. Practicing on him wasn’t a bad idea. The desire to kill him increased as each second rolled by.

“Please, don’t shoot,” Purity whimpered. Honestly, she was scared. She had no idea what Jeremy was going to do.

Jayden tightened his hold on Purity. “You can’t do that. You’re not a killer.”

“I could become one.”

“Please,” Purity begged.

“Shut the hell up!” Jayden screamed at her.

“Don’t you talk to her that way!” Jeremy shot at him. Livid with anger, Jeremy thought he was gonna murder him. Put a bullet into his head, sending him where he belonged.

Jayden was unarmed. He had no weapon to fight back with. Regardless of that, he was confident nothing was gonna happen to him. He was still going to achieve his aim – revenge. “My boys will soon send you to the grave. They should be here any moment.”

Jeremy chuckled. “I don’t see any of them. And I’m afraid they won’t be coming. Cyanide. You’re not as smart as they say.”

A look of shock and horror replaced the smiling face of Jayden. At that instant, he regretted not having any weapon.

“If I were you, I’d repsect myself and let her go,” Jeremy exhorted. “You’ve lost this battle. You can never have her. She belongs to me.”

“Never!” Jayden bellowed. Furious, his hands found way on Purity’s neck. He was going to strangle her. No one was going to have her. She’d better die being a virgin.

Purity coughed and put her hands on Jayden’s. She was running out of air, gasping for breath. Water ran out of her eyes. Fear consumed her. Was she gonna die before Jeremy? She tried to speak, it was impossible.

Jeremy lost control of himself. Aggressively, he cocked the gun and pulled the trigger.

“My love,” Jeremy called out, worried. “My darling, are you alright?” he brushed her hair affectionately.

Purity clung on to Jeremy. Gripping him tightly. Letting go wasn’t an option. She was right were she belonged – in his arms. “I’m fine. I missed you. Missed you so much!”

“Missed you too. More than you could ever imagine.”

Purity smiled gleefully. “You’re my hero, Jeremy Broderick. You saved me. I’m never letting you go.”

Jeremy laughed as he listened to her remarks. “You are my sweetheart. I’m not letting go either.” He fastened his hold on her.

“Ahem,” Darren cleared his throat.

Purity and Jeremy freed themselves. They turned to him.

“Just want you all to know that everything’s cool. Jayden’s in the vehicle, Ernest would soon follow. His men too are arrested. You’re not in any danger. Feel free to go home and celebrate.” He grinned. He had just accomplished a mssion. It was a great job.´

Purity threw herself into Darren’s arms, “Thank you, for all you’ve done.”

“You’re welcome.” He let her go. “And Jeremy, that was a nice shot.” He patted him on the shoulder, “See you at home.”

“Thank you, Allan,” Purity said with gratitude. Jeremy would never have rescued her without any of their help,

“Sure. Anything for you,” he winked at Jeremy, “And him. I think I’m gonna be a detective and a doctor.”

They all laughed at Allan’s joke.

1 Like

Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2016

By Patience Ahworegba

“What’s going on here?” a familiar voice questioned.

The laughter ceased.

Purity stole a glance at the intruder. She’d seen that face before. It was the same woman who had created a scene at her office. What was she doing here? “Who are you?” she demanded.

“I am you!” Tricia fired at Purity.

“What the hell does she mean by that?” Purity asked Jeremy.

“It cant be,” Jeremy muttered. “Tricia don’t-”

“Don’t what?” she interrupted, pointing a gun at Purity. “Hell, I’m gonna shoot her!”

A ton of police officers pulled out their weapons and pointed at Tricia Cayson. They did not mind the fact that she was the daughter of a cop. She was breaking the law and needed to be reprimanded.

“Don’t shoot!” David warned. “I’ll talk to her.” He watched them drop their guns. Sighing, he moved towards his daughter. “Tricia,” he whispered.

“Don’t you call me that!” she yelled. “I am Purity. Purity Theodore. This s--t standing right here isn’t Purity. She’s a gold digger that needs to be dealt with. She doesn’t deserve to answer ‘Purity.’ She isn’t pure. She deserves to die! I alone will be Purity.” Tricia ranted, sending Purity murderous looks.

“You can’t be someone else,” David rebuked.

“Yes, I can and will be,” she insisted. “That’s why I’ve got to finish her off.”

“What do you want?” David asked.

“To be her.”

David exhaled. “Purity,” he couldn’t believe he’d call his daughter that. It really made him sad. “You are Purity Theodore. Tricia Cayson does not exist.”

Tricia turned to her father and had the gun pointed at him. “You called me that,” she mumbled.

Purity heaved a sigh of relief. The gun wasn’t pointed at her anymore. She was curious and watched the unfolding drama.

“My ex,” Jeremy whispered.

“Oh.” Purity smiled in a silly way. His ex was still crazy about him and wanted to be her at all cost. Men were still going nuts over her. They were a special couple indeed. She clutched to Jeremy. There was no way she was ever gonna leave him.

The scene continued.

David’s idea had worked out. He called his daughter a name he did not give her. The gun was pointed at him and she was already weak. He felt it. He continued, taking advantage of that, “Jeremy Broderick is your fiance, right?”

Tricia’s lips quivered. She knew it was a lie. It wasn’t true. She couldn’t say so. She had to lie. And live by the lie. The way she’d always imagined. “Yes,” she blurted out. “I am. She’s tryna steal him away from me. She doesn’t want my happiness,” she lamented.

He took a step forward, “I’m your father, I always want you happy.”

“Then get me Jeremy!” she yelled.

There was a smile on his face, “As long as you put that gun down.”

“I can’t,” she whispered.

“Trust me,” David assured her.

He took slow steps, gradually getting to her. He exhaled sharply, “Nice and steady.”

Tricia thought someone finally understood her. Finally! She’d have what she always wanted – to be with Jeremy. Now, she’d be Purity and Jeremy would love her more than he loved that witch. Her dad could get Jeremy to do anything. He was a cop and Jeremy could get married to her on gun point. “I do trust you,” she breathed out, putting the gun down. There was no reason to hold it anymore.

“Good,” David said, taking the gun away from her. His heart was heavy. He really had to do this. Swiftly, he grabbed hold of her hands, placing them at her back.

She struggled to be free. “What the-”

David didn’t let her complete her statement. He handcuffed her. It was the right thing to do. She’d become a criminal and had to face the law. But before that, she needed to be taken elsehwhere.

“You betrayed me!” she accused, pain in her eyes.

“I’m sorry, honey,” he apologised. “You also betrayed me. We’re taking you out.” He signaled some cops to put her at the back seat of a police car.

“I hate you! My father doesn’t love me! You s--t, I’ll be back for you-”

She was forced into a car and locked in. Her rantings continued in there.

“Jeremy, Purity,” David said, “Forgive my daughter. She doesn’t know what she’s doing. We’re taking her to a mental institution. An assylum. She’s completely out of her mind.”

“We’re sorry about that, too,” Jeremy sadly expressed. He could understand David’s feeling.

“Thanks.We’re off,”David finally said and walked away.

“I can’t belive that just happened,” Purity said in a state of confusion. “I nver knew it’d get to this.”she paused and smiled,”As if I had known.”

Jeremy watched her with a smile on as she expressed her feelings. Great!He felt alive again.He’d so much longed to see her pretty face,feel her skin,her touch,hear her rant.Thank goodness he finally found her.Who could have known he’d ever fall in love,especially with his enemy?

“When she pointed the gun at me. I was really scared.All I felt during my stay with ErnestandJayden returned to me.But it wasn’t that overwhelming,it was different.”

“How?”he asked.

She had a big grin.”You were right beside me!”

Jeremy winked at her.Drawing her closer,he ruffled her hair.”ILoveYou,Purity Theodore.”

A beautiful smile appeared on her face as she heard Jeremy profess his love for her.She felt her heart lurch with excitement,her tummy;butterflies danced in it.This was what she’d wanted to hear and the words finally found their way into her ears.Words were not enough to describe the pleasurable feelings surging through her.Unable to withhold her excitement,she raised her toes on the tip.”Guess what I wanna do,”she cooed,leaning on Jeremy.

He gripped her waist firmly.”You tell me.”

Purity slowly pushed her head forward.Wrapping her arms around Jeremy’s neck,she reached for a kiss.

Understanding what her aim was,Jeremy bent his head and covered her lips with his.

“What do you wanna do?” Jeremy inquired,grasping Purity’s hand softly.

She blushed.”I don’t wanna do anything.Justwanna be with you.”

“Come here,”Jeremy pulled her for an embrace.Having her that close,he felt electrified within himself.”Do you know how my life was within these days you disappeared?”

“Let me guess.Horrible,”she giggled.

“Not just horrible.I was terrified thinkingI’d never see you for the rest of my life.If things had gone worse,I’d have never for-”

“Darling,”Purity cut in,”You shouldn’t worry about all that.I’m right here,by your side.”

“Right.Come on,I wanna see your parents and my father.”

“Before that,I want something else.”

“What?”a glint of happiness was in his eyes.

“I love you,Jeremy.”she admitted, feeling shy all of a sudden.Staring at her fingers,she linked them together,twisting them.

Jeremy smiled,then chuckled. Those words warmed his heart and got him all excited.”Baby,”

She slowly lifted her head up.

“Do you know what that word means?”

“Gosh!Jeremy,”Purity feigned anger.”I know what it means. Love is love.To love a person. Uh-”

“Are you ready for that?”

“I am.”she couldn’t understand his questions.”What about you?Are you ready?”

Jeremy flashed a smile.”You are no more scared?Afraid to love?”

She nodded,smiling.”Yeah. After all I’ve been through,I figured out something.That is,I want to spend the good and bad times with loved ones and family.Don’t want to hold any of these good feelings in.I want to be happy and being with you makes me happy.I deserve to be happy.”

“And you’re completely happy with me.”

“Yup.”

“My princess, lets go get married.”

Purity took a deep breath as she took an unsteady step out of the bathroom.She took the next,then she was walking into the bedroom. A feeling of shyness hit her. She was simply wearing a lingerie. It was blue,perfectly fitting her.It complimented her unique feminine shape,showing off all her features. Her hair was damp with water.

As she walked further, she felt nervous.Her heartbeat increased. She was about to do a thing she had never done before.She was excited and nervous as well.It wasn’t a bad thing.Its meant for only married couples and now she was one.And ready.

Soon enough,a large king-sized bed appeared,Jeremy was on it.He was not fully dressed as she was.Laying her eyes on him brought her to a halt.

Jeremy saw his love, playing with her fingers. He understood what she felt.He couldn’t even stop staring at her.She was so pretty and sexy in that lovely underwear.Wow!

“Mrs Broderick,” he called out softly. “Come on.”

Purity took another deep breath and trudged forward,she got to Jeremy.

“You’re elegant,my wife.” He was excited.

“Thank you,”she answered shyly.

“What’s wrong?” he asked,concerned.

“Nothing… I…um,” she stuttered off.

“You wanna back out?”he teased.

“No.”

“Thats good.’Cause I wouldn’t even let that happen.”He pulled her closer,”I’d teach you everything you need to know.Its something I’ve always wanted to do.”

Purity’s eyes widened.”You do? Since when?”

“When you stepped out of that bathroom, swaying your hips,seducing me.”

She laughed shyly.”You’re kidding.”

“Do you wanna talk more?”

With the peaceful and romantic setting at hand,Purity thought it wasn’t proper to talk.It was to do something.”I don’t think so.”

“Where do we begin, my love?”he asked,placing a kiss on her left hand.

She was beginning to shudder,the feeling was different,she’d never felt it before.”A Kiss?”she wasn’t sure.

“Ask for it.”

She smiled, the best ever, “Kiss me,” she asked, shamelessly.

Jeremy smiled at her. Kiss her and he did, laying her on the bed. “i love you, Purity Broderick.”

“I feel the same way,” she replied, between moans.

THE END!!!!
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by vadec: 11:57am On May 16, 2018
Well done, oyinprince, pls how can I get the missing episode of this story, this story is so interesting that a part left not read is like treasure thrown into the ocean, pls help a brother.
Re: New Story : Afraid To Love by Oyinprince(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2018
vadec:
Well done, oyinprince, pls how can I get the missing episode of this story, this story is so interesting that a part left not read is like treasure thrown into the ocean, pls help a brother.
You can find all the episodes here

http://youngicee.com/category/afraid-to-love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grace Ifeoma Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda's Mum Buried (Photos, Video) / Ibale{virginity} / Me, You, And Them: Book 3 (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 420
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.