Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! (5094 Views)

Blogging For Profit: 15 Secrets On How To Make Money With Blogging / How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy / How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by haykay2005: 11:24am On Apr 24, 2016
What's your url
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
KONJIKILLER:
please i aim at getting more pageviews from USA than Nigeria...I get less than 50 pageviews daily which is quite discouraging. From google analytics,I get 50% from direct,43% from google search engine and d rest from twitter n other sources,this is my average analysis,my blog is a month old plus. What is the solution pls
What's your blog's url?
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by KONJIKILLER(m): 7:19am On Apr 25, 2016
emmalexdboy:
What's your blog's url?
http://tweak.com.ng
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
ijinlove20:
www.healthlog247..com

In dire need of traffic....THANKS
1. You placed a pop up for your facebook page but the url is invalid. Quickly fix that ASAP. As a matter of fact, I don't think you even need it as it distracts and obstructs readers from reading your content especially on mobile. Since you have your facebook page: Health secrets is on the sidebar that should suffice. Anyone can simply like your page fro your sidebar.

2. I love your content, well researched. But there's just one reason you're struggling to get traffic to your blog: you're running a free blog on blogger. It'll hardly take you anywhere. Move your blog to the self-hosted version of Wordpress. That's the best blogging platform at the moment.

3. The engagement level of your blog is pretty poor compared to the amazing content you have. So, what you can do for now is to: promote your blog posts on facebook groups and other social media platforms, leave insightful comments on related blogs, put "call to actions" at the end of your blog posts, write guest posts on other health blogs and more importantly do extensive keyword research and optimize your blog posts for what people are searching for. You'll start attracting traffic from search engines

4. You cover a wide range of topics on your blog: from health news, romance, sex, disease, hygiene etc. That's too braod as it doesn't really spell out the focus of your blog. So, take your time and decide who you want to cater for: a global audience or Nigerian?
That way, you won't blog on every topic under the health niche. My free ebook will teach you how to do this. (click on my signature)

5. Most of your blog posts are not formatted properly: make sure you justify your post, leave a lot of white space (don't just "jampack" every word together). Do this by leaving a paragraph after a sentence or two sentence, that's how to write for a web audience.

Lastly, I advice you read the reviews I left for other health bloggers and follow the recommendations. It will help you.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
emmalexdboy:

1. You placed a pop up for your facebook page but the url is invalid. Quickly fix that ASAP. As a matter of fact, I don't think you even need it as it distracts and obstructs readers from reading your content especially on mobile. Since you have your facebook page: Health secrets is on the sidebar that should suffice. Anyone can simply like your page fro your sidebar.

2. I love your content, well researched. But there's just one reason you're struggling to get traffic to your blog: you're running a free blog on blogger. It'll hardly take you anywhere. Move your blog to the self-hosted version of Wordpress. That's the best blogging platform at the moment.

3. The engagement level of your blog is pretty poor compared to the amazing content you have. So, what you can do for now is to: promote your blog posts on facebook groups and other social media platforms, leave insightful comments on related blogs, put "call to actions" at the end of your blog posts, write guest posts on other health blogs and more importantly do extensive keyword research and optimize your blog posts for what people are searching for. You'll start attracting traffic from search engines

4. You cover a wide range of topics on your blog: from health news, romance, sex, disease, hygiene etc. That's too braod as it doesn't really spell out the focus of your blog. So, take your time and decide who you want to cater for: a global audience or Nigerian?
That way, you won't blog on every topic under the health niche. My free ebook will teach you how to do this. (click on my signature)

5. Most of your blog posts are not formatted properly: make sure you justify your post, leave a lot of white space (don't just "jampack" every word together). Do this by leaving a paragraph after a sentence or two sentence, that's how to write for a web audience.

Lastly, I advice you read the reviews I left for other health bloggers and follow the recommendations. It will help you.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

Thanks for your concised and detailed comment. Will work on those mistakes u pointed out.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
My name is Emmanuel Aniekan, author of www.onlinebloggingincome.com. I see many individuals struggle to earn from their blog or worse, they don't know how to grow a blog successfully.
Having heard that: Linda Ikeji earns millions of naira from her blog or Jide Ogunsanya gets a big pay check from Google Adsense monthly, they too jump on the bandwagon.
But when they get no traffic, no readers and no income; they quit out of frustration.
Sound familiar?
It's not your fault, you need the right guidance. I've learnt many blogging lessons and strategies for building a powerful blog online which has helped me attract traffic directly from search engines and other referrals. This makes me consider myself as someone you could listen to when it comes to building your own blog right from scratch.
I'm not claiming to be a guru but I can give you needed guidance that most so- called "experts" will charge you for. So, drop your questions regarding any aspect of blogging: traffic, seo, adsense approval, monetization, design, blog setup etc. I'll reply.
Lastly, grab a copy of my book: How To Create A Powerful Business Plan For Your Blog , it'll guide on how to launch your blog the right way that becomes profitable within the first 6 months.
Even if you want to get Adsense approval, make money from affiliate marketing or any business model on your blog. The book you'll give you needed guidance.
It's FREE and you can download it right on my signature. Hundreds of people have thanked me for writing the book
UPDATE: If you run a blog or intend to start a successful blog in Nigeria, read the reviews that I've left about several blogs and follow my recommendations, you'll definitely start seeing good results.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by mubitechnology: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
emmalexdboy:
My name is Emmanuel Aniekan, author of www.onlinebloggingincome.com. I see many
individuals struggle to earn from their blog or
worse, they don't know how to grow a blog
successfully.

Having heard that: Linda Ikeji earns millions of
naira from her blog or Jide Ogunsanya gets a big
pay check from Google Adsense monthly, they
too jump on the bandwagon.

But when they get no traffic, no readers and no
income; they quit out of frustration.

Sound familiar?

It's not your fault, you need the right guidance.
I've learnt many blogging lessons and strategies
for building a powerful blog online which has
helped me attract traffic directly from search
engines and other referrals. This makes me
consider myself as someone you could listen to
when it comes to building your own blog right
from scratch.

I'm not claiming to be a guru but I can give you
needed guidance that most so- called "experts"
will charge you for. So, drop your questions
regarding any aspect of blogging: traffic, seo,
adsense approval, monetization, design, blog
setup etc. I'll reply.

Lastly, grab a copy of my book: How To Create
A Powerful Business Plan For Your Blog , it'll
guide on how to launch your blog the right way
that becomes profitable within the first 6
months.

Even if you want to get Adsense approval, make
money from affiliate marketing or any business
model on your blog. The book you'll give you
needed guidance.

It's FREE and you can download it right on my
signature. Hundreds of people have thanked me
for writing the book

UPDATE: If you run a blog or intend to start a
successful blog in Nigeria, read the reviews that
I've left about several blogs and follow my
recommendations, you'll definitely start seeing
good results.

Am still waiting for the review on my blog at techarewa.com
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 7:58am On May 01, 2016
Dumdum217:

Your review is spot on bro
My host is a very terrible one as I get messages that my site is down almost every 3minutes.

The rest of your advice, I will work on them.. Though "about us page" is incorporated with contact us page.. i.e, if you place your mouse
on contact us page, it will highlight all the pages..i.e, privacy policy, contact us and about us.

Please I will appreciate if you can share me the link on how to use Siteground.

thank you.
can you disclose the name of the host so everyone following this thread can aviod it like a plague?
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 11:17pm On May 07, 2016
nze4al:
Nice work bro wink ... Here is mine www.techmzy.com.ng
The first thing I noticed on your blog was the big header of your blog. It really scared the hell out of me (it covered half of my laptop screen). Please adjust the height and width.

Second, your domain name is not too cool to me as it's very confusing for readers. I wouldn't go for such if I were you. read this post to understand how to choose a good domain name for your blog: www.onlinebloggingincome.com/how-to-choose-a-good-domain-name-for-your-blog

Third, most of your blog posts are copied from nairaland and other sites. Write unique, valuable and original content on your blog, If you can't do this you're probably wasting your time. Your blog won't take you anywhere.

Fourth, your about page looks boring and very formal. When writing for a web audience you have to be as friendly and personal as possible. Tell people who you are and what you intend to teach on my blog: share a unique story! Also, put a picture of yourself on your about page. This shows are you're a real human and not a robot. Visit the about page page of my blog to get an idea on how to do this.

Fifth, your sharing buttons have all the whole social media (up to 9). I advice you reduce the amount to 5. Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn,email and google + is okay.

Sixth, remove the sharing buttons on your contact page. Also, add multiple ways readers can contact you: email, phone number ... not everyone (even me) love filling a contact form.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 11:20pm On May 07, 2016
mubitechnology:

I've being busy with other online projects, I'll check it out pretty soon.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 11:34pm On May 07, 2016
mubitechnology:

I checked out your blog and noticed you're running on the blogger platform. I advice you move your blog to the self-hosted version of wordpress. That's the best blogging platform at the moment.
The amazing features customizations will blow your mind away.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 11:48pm On May 07, 2016
Jayboy2026:
my Blog Url Is Www.Jollygist.Com
Your blog has issues when one visit the url. I advice you contact your web host to help you fix the bugs ASAP. (see screenshot)

Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Opistorincos(m): 12:29am On May 08, 2016
@op pls review ma tech site... its less than 24hrs old www.droidsmile..com
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Opistorincos:
@op pls review ma tech site... its less than 24hrs old www.droidsmile..com
Your blog is not written in English. I don't understand that language so there's nothing much to say other than: increase the engagement level of your posts. I didn't see a single comment.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
ijinlove20:

Thanks for your concised and detailed comment. Will work on those mistakes u pointed out.
You're welcome! Feel free to let me know how it goes!
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Opistorincos(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
emmalexdboy:
Your blog is not written in English. I don't understand that language so there's nothing much to say other than: increase the engagement level of your posts. I didn't see a single comment.

Sorry bro, i changed domain, my new url is www.eodob.com
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by realsportclub7: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
Thanks, you just nailed my challenges. I run a sport forum www.realsportclub.com
I have issues with traffic, and when someone visit my forum they say it's not easy to use. Pls check out the website and give your opinion about. Is it really hard to use?
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by PRINCEHPXP(m): 2:10am On Sep 16, 2017
traffic am not getting enough of it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help! Should I Opt For A Nigerian Or A Foreign Hosting Plan. / Yankari Game Reserve Website / Breaking News: Seun Osewa Does Not Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.