Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? (1847 Views)

Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by thotianna: 3:56am On Mar 29, 2016
This lady has the worst body odour.

No joke.

She is always paying me visits because according to her, she doesn't like being alone because it makes her depressed but she stinks sad
Her hair always smells damp and musty because she uses weave on and doesn't cover it when bathing.
The last time she took the weave on out in my presence the thing stunk so bad and she had so much dandruff on her head sad

Anytime she comes into my room the whole place starts to stink and the worst part is that the smell remains there even after she leaves. She placed my pillow under her armpit once when she visited and I swear to God I couldn't use that pillow without washing it because of how badly it smelled.

I don't know how to bring up the issue of hygiene with her because she is an extremely sensitive person and I have thought about buying her deoderant/perfume for her birthday cos I know she doesn't use any. The only problem is that her birthday is still far. Its in June. And I don't know if I can bear the smell till that time.

The other day she came to watch a movie in my house and I just couldn't concentrate on the film because I was struggling to breathe.
Jesus, it was terrible.

I have thought about sending her an anonymous text message advicing her to buy a good deoderant but she might trace the text back to me.

She is out of town for a while and I can actually breathe freely and enjoy clean air but she will return back in about a week and I am dreading her return.

Help me, how do I handle this problem without causing malice between me and her?
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by christinie(f): 4:06am On Mar 29, 2016
Sit her down and tell her the truth, trust me it won't be the first time she's heard it , only it may be the first time she heard it in a no-fighting situation. Let her know the importance of shaving and thorough bathing, also the need for deodorants. If after telling her she decides to ignore you you move on with your life.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:06am On Mar 29, 2016
Lmaoo.... This is crazy but I can relate to it.

The best thing to do is to buy her some deodorants and some good bath soap. No need to wait for her birthday.

Just tell her you passed by a mall and decided to buy some stuff for her too.

Smelly people can be really difficult to stay around.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by greatgod2012(f): 4:14am On Mar 29, 2016
This is simple now!

Just do this.................. anytime she knocks at your door, respectfully tell her you're about to sleep and wouldn't want to be disturbed. On another day, respectfully tell her you're busy with something very important, and that you wouldn't want to be disturbed, that when you're through, you will call on her. After about 4 or 5 attempts, she will get the message. If she refuses to get the message, and still disturb you, tell her to wait for you outside, you will meet her there. After a while, go and meet her and tell her you prefer open place because of fresh air.

If after all these, she still don't get the message, I'm afraid, you will need to tell her that she needs to take care of herself more, that, that is the more reason you've been trying to avoid her. If she's a good person, she will take it as a good advice and work more on her hygiene.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by nofij(m): 4:27am On Mar 29, 2016
You could seat her down and calmly tell her what you have observed and how it could limit her chances of having a soul mate in future that is if she is just there for your company.
I dont know if she feels anything for you aside "keeping her company". If at all, you can still advise her but be careful about bringing issues of "that's why it will be difficult to date you" bla bla...

It is after you have helped her you can then suggest soaps and deodorants that you would like to get for her to help her.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by thotianna: 9:18am On Mar 29, 2016
Thanks everyone for your contribution I appreciate.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by Olasco93: 9:19am On Mar 29, 2016
christinie:
Sit her down and tell her the truth, trust me it won't be the first time she's heard it , only it may be the first time she heard it in a no-fighting situation. Let her know the importance of shaving and thorough bathing, also the need for deodorants. If after telling her she decides to ignore you you move on with your life.
thothiana, christinie has said it all.
Just try and do as she advised.
You can even tell her you once have a friend that has a worse case bla bla bla.
This would make her feel confident and even boast her self-esteem.
But do it with love and and you can add a bit of emotion when doing it...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by thotianna: 9:23am On Mar 29, 2016
christinie:
I have no idea how to tell her, she takes everything so personally.
She normally tells me about things other people have done to cause malice between her and them and these things are usually so trivial and not even worth taking seriously.
She is the only female neighbour I can actually keep company with so I don't want to end our relationship. Our other neighbours in the compound are two men and one single young girl that I can't get close to cos we have nothing in common.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by thotianna: 9:46am On Mar 29, 2016
greatgod2012:
This is simple now!

Just do this.................. anytime she knocks at your door, respectfully tell her you're about to sleep and wouldn't want to be disturbed. On another day, respectfully tell her you're busy with something very important, and that you wouldn't want to be disturbed, that when you're through, you will call on her. After about 4 or 5 attempts, she will get the message. If she refuses to get the message, and still disturb you, tell her to wait for you outside, you will meet her there. After a while, go and meet her and tell her you prefer open place because of fresh air.
If after all these, she still don't get the message, I'm afraid, you will need to tell her that she needs to take care of herself more, that, that is the more reason you've been trying to avoid her. If she's a good person, she will take it as a good advice and work more on her hygiene.
Good luck!

I have no one else to talk to in the compound, if I avoid her I will just be by myself.
Alone.
Thanks for trying to help though.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by christinie(f): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
If you love her as a friend you have to tell her. I and my friend once told our friend about her mouth odour. She had to seek medical counsel at the hospital. She was told that she needed teeth filling which she did and the problem was resolved. She was so thankful to us. If she's a reasonable human being she will understand.

thotianna:

I have no idea how to tell her, she takes everything so personally.
She normally tells me about things other people have done to cause malice between her and them and these things are usually so trivial and not even worth taking seriously.
She is the only female neighbour I can actually keep company with so I don't want to end our relationship. Our other neighbours in the compound are two men and one single young girl that I can't get close to cos we have nothing in common.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by christinie(f): 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
True.

Olasco93:
thothiana, christinie has said it all.
Just try and do as she advised.
You can even tell her you once have a friend that has a worse case bla bla bla.
This would make her feel confident and even boast her self-esteem.
But do it with love and and you can add a bit of emotion when doing it...
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by yvelchstores(f): 1:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tell her as tho u are concerned cos how will she keep a good spouse with that problem. While in skl, I had a lady who squatted with me for a while, same prob, bad bad breath and terrible body odor. I bought her body spray n mouth wash, n usually reminded her to shower more than once a day. U can tell her ur sis had d same prob, something that will make her knw u really care.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by yvelchstores(f): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
These are d effective types, the ones that actually stop people from sweating till it soaks them up....anti perspirants.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by thotianna: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
yvelchstores:
These are d effective types, the ones that actually stop people from sweating till it soaks them up....anti perspirants.
Thanks, I will search for rexona and buy for her.
I don't know how she has not been told by anyone before, its really bad.
Even her teeth are crummy with black lines on them sad
I don't know what I did to deserve this kind of 'friend'. Maybe I was a bad person in my former life sad
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by thotianna: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
christinie:
If you love her as a friend you haave to tell her. I and my friend once told our friend about her mouth odour. She had to seek medical counsel at the hospital. She was told that she needed teeth filling which she did and the problem was resolved. She was so thankful to us. If she's a reasonable human being she will understand.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by christinie(f): 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Uwc dear.

thotianna:

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by RoyalRoy(m): 2:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
thotianna:

I don't know what I did to deserve this kind of 'friend'.
Maybe I was a bad person in my former life
sad

Lmaooooo
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
deodorants will not solve that girls problem. What she needs is thorough hygiene transformation, from bathing thrice a day to washing her sensitive parts very well . Girls who have such smell add to it when they sleep around with random men especially without condom.

If you really want to help her, don't go about buying those things for her, afterall she get boyfriend wey dey fucck her.I can imagine how rotten the smell is *pukes*

Tell her all these without fear or hate

She should start using warm water and dettol for every bath.

She should learn to wash the armpit part of her clothes very well, wear scented clothes from a box filled with those white stuffs people put in their boxes.

she should shave her armpit and trim her public hair with scissors every time

she should cut her hair for now or spend more on short braids that weavons.

she should make it a point of duty to use candle stick deodorants and not spray ones.

she should learn to wipe her happy hole with wet wipes or water after urinating

whenever she sweats, she should jump immediately inside the bathroom and take a quick shower, with or without soap

she should also learn to carry handkerchiefs around.

she should use mild perfumes if she must, but a good deodorant can do the work.

A woman should be able to know when her body Is sticky and smelling. When this happens, she should wash her hair as well when taking her bath.Its only lazy girls that visits saloons every time to wash their hair. There are local shampoos and conditioners available everywhere

She should wash her braids three weeks after with warm water ago nd scented shampoo. It comes with a fresh smell afterwards.

she should take a hot bath immediately after sex.Wasg her privates well with only water

she should learn the habit of sleeping only on night dress and scented powder on her body and neck.

Should learn to clean her face with mild cleansers, extending it to the neck, ears and back of the ears.

Exercise well, eat fresh veggies and fruits.

Rinse her mouth or brush after eating local food.

wash her pants and spread them outdoors ONLY . DISPOSE old weary pants.

For now, she should go for mild cream from johnson johnson, vaseline, palmers cream, nivea, coco butter, she a butter etc.No more harsh chemical creams esp those with hydroquinone.

Once again she must maintain a crazy bathing habit. Once she comes home with stress and sweat, she should jump into the bathroom. After cooking, bathroom. After toilet time, quick shower.After a trek home, bathroom, after sweating, as long as her body is salty, bathroom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by thotianna: 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
EggovinMma:
deodorants will not solve that girls problem. What she needs is thorough hygiene transformation, from bathing thrice a day to washing her sensitive parts very well . Girls who have such smell add to it when they sleep around with random men especially without condom.

If you really want to help her, don't go about buying those things for her, afterall she get boyfriend wey dey fucck her.I can imagine how rotten the smell is *pukes*

Tell her all these without fear or hate

She should start using warm water and dettol for every bath.

She should learn to wash the armpit part of her clothes very well, wear scented clothes from a box filled with those white stuffs people put in their boxes.

she should shave her armpit and trim her public hair with scissors every time

she should cut her hair for now or spend more on short braids that weavons.

she should make it a point of duty to use candle stick deodorants and not spray ones.

she should learn to wipe her happy hole with wet wipes or water after urinating

whenever she sweats, she should jump immediately inside the bathroom and take a quick shower, with or without soap

she should also learn to carry handkerchiefs around.

she should use mild perfumes if she must, but a good deodorant can do the work.

A woman should be able to know when her body Is sticky and smelling. When this happens, she should wash her hair as well when taking her bath.Its only lazy girls that visits saloons every time to wash their hair. There are local shampoos and conditioners available everywhere

She should wash her braids three weeks after with warm water ago nd scented shampoo. It comes with a fresh smell afterwards.

she should take a hot bath immediately after sex.Wasg her privates well with only water

she should learn the habit of sleeping only on night dress and scented powder on her body and neck.

Should learn to clean her face with mild cleansers, extending it to the neck, ears and back of the ears.

Exercise well, eat fresh veggies and fruits.

Rinse her mouth or brush after eating local food.

wash her pants and spread them outdoors ONLY . DISPOSE old weary pants.

For now, she should go for mild cream from johnson johnson, vaseline, palmers cream, nivea, coco butter, she a butter etc.No more harsh chemical creams esp those with hydroquinone.

Once again she must maintain a crazy bathing habit. Once she comes home with stress and sweat, she should jump into the bathroom. After cooking, bathroom. After toilet time, quick shower.After a trek home, bathroom, after sweating, as long as her body is salty, bathroom.
I should copy this and send to her on whatsapp.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by Neverquit(f): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
Yes, you should.
Friendship should be about telling each other the truth.

When I was in secondary school, my friend once asked if I use deodorant. I said no and asked her the reason for the question. She said whenever I get sweaty, that she can smell a wet musty scent from me sad. Immediately, I contacted my parents to send deodorant. Since then, I always shave and use anti-perspirant to the extent of having a travel size in my bag.

I am forever grateful to her. Who knows, maybe na during fight someone would have used it to embarrass me.

So, please sit her down and tell her. You can even put together some toiletries (to include anti-perspirant, shaving sticks, shower cap, dettol, black soap or anti-fungal/bacteria soap etc.). If she reacts negatively, o well...her choice.

thotianna:

I should copy this and send to her on whatsapp.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by yvelchstores(f): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
thotianna:

I don't know what I did to deserve this kind of 'friend'. Maybe I was a bad person in my former life sad
I suspect she has bad hygiene manners. So pls share d impt of good hygiene as a woman.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by obiak4(m): 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
thotianna:
This lady has the worst body odour.

No joke.

She is always paying me visits because according to her, she doesn't like being alone because it makes her depressed but she stinks sad
Her hair always smells damp and musty because she uses weave on and doesn't cover it when bathing.
The last time she took the weave on out in my presence the thing stunk so bad and she had so much dandruff on her head sad

Anytime she comes into my room the whole place starts to stink and the worst part is that the smell remains there even after she leaves. She placed my pillow under her armpit once when she visited and I swear to God I couldn't use that pillow without washing it because of how badly it smelled.

I don't know how to bring up the issue of hygiene with her because she is an extremely sensitive person and I have thought about buying her deoderant/perfume for her birthday cos I know she doesn't use any. The only problem is that her birthday is still far. Its in June. And I don't know if I can bear the smell till that time.

The other day she came to watch a movie in my house and I just couldn't concentrate on the film because I was struggling to breathe.
Jesus, it was terrible.

I have thought about sending her an anonymous text message advicing her to buy a good deoderant but she might trace the text back to me.

She is out of town for a while and I can actually breathe freely and enjoy clean air but she will return back in about a week and I am dreading her return.

Help me, how do I handle this problem without causing malice between me and her?
your idea of an anonymous text .msg is cool as long as it's not tracked back to you,
don't have to wait for her birthday before buying your friend a gift,once she is in town give her whatsoever you feel would be OK for her hygiene, she would subtly get the message.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stinky Neighbour? by obiak4(m): 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
thotianna:

I have no one else to talk to in the compound, if I avoid her I will just be by myself.
Alone.
Thanks for trying to help though.
good been alone than in bad company!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Question ------ Bride Price In Obowo ( Imo State) / 5 Reasons Why It's Important To Put Your Spouse Before Your Parents / What Are The Most Important Things To Have As A New Bachelor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.