Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone - Career (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone (121822 Views)

Attention: Senior Engineers/ Supervisors/ Managers/ HR Reps / Offshore/subsea Engineering Software (orcaflex) Training / Download Free Petroleum Reservoir Simulation Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by macjireh: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
leki2:

Sorry, I may be missing it. Is it the street where you've WAEC office? Is the fence a see-through fence? Anϑ is it opposite the car wash or after it?

ACTUALI I'VE NOT BEEN THERE, BUT FROM D DESCRIPTION DAT A CO-NAIRALANDER GAVE,
U HAV TO GET TO HP OFFICE BUILDING,LUK 4D STREET OPPOSITE D HP OFFICE, ENTER D STREET,CHECK @ D SECOND BUILDIN,DUNNO IF ITS LEFT OR RIGHT, ITS LIKE A RESIDENTIAL BUILDING, THERE AR CHINESE MEN AT D BUILDIN,U CAN ASK AROUND
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by neddelux(m): 3:25am On Sep 22, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
whiteangel802: Currently not in ph bruv, u can engage any of ur relatives, its the street opposite HP on sani abacha rd! The second building, its like a private crib. Pls av not had feedback on aside salary if dere are rig allowance,cux am sure ppl earn cash per day 4d 2wks,3wks duration dey stay. I need answers 2dat pls. Cheers mate

Please can u help us with a concret address, because the only HP office I saw in the whole GRA phase 11 is rightly located @68 evo road, of olusegun obj way, GRA phase 11
, And u have cribs opposite it of which one is Kayjay energy services. D only street befor d HP office on d opposite side
Of th road, does not have any company like dat. So please broda help us.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by macjireh: 7:15am On Sep 22, 2013
ned delux: [color=#006600][/color]

Please can u help us with a concret address, because the only HP office I saw in the whole GRA phase 11 is rightly located @68 evo road, of olusegun obj way, GRA phase 11
, D only street befor d HP office on d opposite side
Of th road, HAS A CARWASH(LEFT) GO FORWARD A LIL D COMPNYZ ON D RIGHT CLOZ 2SOM ARMY RESIDENCE.D COY IS OPPOSIT A BLOCK OF FLATS.

BROS NO WORRY URSEF,D COMPNY HAS STOPT COLECTIN CV's SINCE 13SEPT.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by clemyy(m): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hi I need an advice from the house I have been working with an oilservicing company for about 3month with a not too good pay, I got an offer for MSc in offshore enginnering but I have a BSc in electrical engineering would it be wise to quit my job for higher studies which will make me more marketable as a whole lot would be learnt during the program and I would equally be placed on internship after the program
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by macjireh: 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
clemyy: Hi I need an advice from the house I have been working with an oilservicing company for about 3month with a not too good pay, I got an offer for MSc in offshore enginnering would it be wise to quit my job for higher studies which will make me more marketable as a whole lot would be learnt during the program and I would equally be placed on internship after the program

Plz wat compny is dat &wat is d pay.
If its Abroad Msc den go,if nt luk b4 u leap o...
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2013
macjireh:

TTYL

what manner of advice is this?

@
poster ,
it depends on what you want to do , if you have the finance , I think offshore engineering will be a wise move, since you will be given an internship which will give you a first hand feel of the subject. class work + the real deal will give you that extra edge on experience. offshore engineering is not paper work.
...but if you don't have the finance ....a beg hold your job o
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by adegbitetunji(m): 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hi all,
Anyone with Teesside university MSc (Petroleum Engineering)...?? Kindly share your experience...

Trying to figure out how employers rate the school...
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by lymelyte(m): 1:16am On Sep 29, 2013
prince123: @Dr Ferlie,  Good day sir, i really read your write ups i really appreciate, am a graduate of engineering, but travelled abroad to undergo drilling training, and i passed and got all my certificates, hse rig pass
iadc wellcap wellcontrol(introductory level)
iwcf wellcontrol combined surface and subsea(introductory level)
iadc drilling prodigy (certified pre-employment course for roughneck and floorhands)
rigging and slinging
forklift.
Pls what is the next step in getting a job in nigeria, i will want to work in nigeria, and with this local content, pls how can i contact drilling companies to show them what i have,
please @prince123,which country did you acquire this training? Please can you kindly inform me on how to acquire this training? I am highly interested.
Thanks and Godbless as I await your anticipated response.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by chitexy: 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
lymelyte: please @prince123,which country did you acquire this training? Please can you kindly inform me on how to acquire this training? I am highly interested.
Thanks and Godbless as I await your anticipated response.

him don see well head before abi him don nipple BOP? let us face the reality, experience is what that matters and not the certificate. the certificate is good if you have insider that can push you in. But with his certificate you can start up from roustabout and grow your way rapidly. Many company hires alredy made roughneck s
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by lymelyte(m): 4:05am On Oct 01, 2013
chitexy:

him don see well head before abi him don nipple BOP? let us face the reality, experience is what that matters and not the certificate. the certificate is good if you have insider that can push you in. But with his certificate you can start up from roustabout and grow your way rapidly. Many company hires alredy made roughneck s
Bros,it seems you are well experienced in the industry.I need a mentor that can guide me on a career path in the industry.I recently graduated from production engineering(2.2) from universtiy of benin.I personally believe in skills than all those certifications.What career path can u suggest for me and what skills do I need to acquire?.Godbless u as I eagerly wait for your anticipated response.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Toughluv(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2013
@iyke, pls send to me as well ( dejiflo@yahoo.com the PTI course schedule
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Dbrain22(m): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
Gud aftanun here,plz,am a newly admitted civil engineering student.plz,i want those that studied this course to enlighten me on wat am going to face in school and after school,the job opportuinities.tanx alot.waiting 4 ur replies
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by dancruz(m): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2013
lymelyte:
Bros,it seems you are well experienced in the industry.I need a mentor that can guide me on a career path in the industry.I recently graduated from production engineering(2.2) from universtiy of benin.I personally believe in skills than all those certifications.What career path can u suggest for me and what skills do I need to acquire?.Godbless u as I eagerly wait for your anticipated response.

Lemme giv u an insight..... Good a tin u graduated as an engineer. I bet u don't hav any rig/drilling experience for now. (Nobody was born wit it). The best bet is to apply to dis drilling contractors or some servicing companies. If u are fortunate, some send u on trainings, while for many, u'll learn on d job. In drilling..... Trust me, d best way to start is through the roustabout, u'll get to learn every bit of d operations from scratch,..... Gradually u'll grow into roughneck, assistant derrickman/pumpman, derrickman, AD etc..... But if there is anything very important that u shldnt play wit is getting certified... As u grow in experience, u'll begin to seee and knw d necessary papers needed for d next big step,.....Cos dis certificate is wot really places u above ur peers n gives u d xtra bucks. It also eases ur switching of companies/positions.
So my UGBOWO broda.... Follow threads like dis, browse dis companies sites n apply as much as u can!! U'll get dia someday!! Cheers!!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by whiteangel802(m): 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
What does a Radioman do on d oil rig please? Is it a good job? Someone was offered a radioman position in d rig but wants 2switch on d longrun to achieve his Driller dream, what can he do? Thanks guys need ur respose.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Mickky85: 7:39am On Oct 30, 2013
Please house who knows of any manning/crewing agencies that help in getting onboard jobs in PH and Lagos, please kindly get back to me. Bien merci
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Mickky85: 7:40am On Oct 30, 2013
Please house who knows of any manning/crewing agencies that help in getting onboard shipping jobs in PH and Lagos, please kindly get back to me. Bien merci!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Mickky85: 7:42am On Oct 30, 2013
smiley
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Mickky85: 7:43am On Oct 30, 2013
Please house who knows of any manning/crewing agencies that help in getting onboard shipping jobs in PH and Lagos, please kindly get back to me. Bien merci!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by nurudeenspecial: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello all. Please I have a degree in Accounting and wish to have a career change to the oil and gas.
Currently I have a certificate in offshore operations and drilling operations.
I also want to run a certificate program as a mud engineer. But someone was advising me to go for rope access.
Please I need your advice on this. My number is 07036669360 the e-mail nurudeenspecial@hotmail.com
Thanks
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by saliubello(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
Own a duplex in Lagos from N20million. 08050323434
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by manutdadex(m): 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
av been addmitted into futa to study REMOTE SENSING AND GEOSCIENCES INFORMATION
SYSTEM...is there any career path, and d relevance of dis course in oil and gas industry,and any material dat will help in my acedemics
tanx God bless
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by caesare: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2013
Pls I want to get a masters degree in drilling and well engineering, Apart from RGU, I need suggestions of schools offering this course and are well recognized internationally anywhere in the world. Your responses are greatly appreciated.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by johnemeka(m): 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
I want to make a career in oil drilling or servicing company and I need help from any of you.
I am currently working as a Logistics manager now.
I can even acept post of Roustabout...pls I need help.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by dives(m): 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hello house. I am a graduate of geology who finished with a 2:2 (something am not proud of because it has really hindered my moving forward in so many ways). I have always admired engineering but i settled for geology because my teacher back then in school told me i was not good in mathematics. Ironically i had distinctions in maths and further maths when i took my my WAEC. Even in my undergraduate days in geology i did way better in the courses that involved calculations and analytical reasoning than those that were the conventional "cram and pour". I think am more attracted to things that are a bit challenging and involves mathematics.

Ok i love dreaming big and now i "think" i would be better of as an engineer (than a geologist) and i "wish" to do an M.Sc in reservoir engineering outside Nigeria if possible but securing a scholarship has not been too easy with a 2:2. (I am still a hustler so no money to pay the exorbitant fees sad grin. Please I would like to know,
1. Is there a possibility of me crossing over?
2. Can anyone suggest a school abroad that "may" offer full scholarship to someone with a 2:2 and coming from a non-engineering background?
3. How easy would it be for me to cope considering the fact that am from a non-engineering background?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Ejb061286(m): 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Helo all,
@Dr Ferlie, I want 2 say God bless u for initiating this thread. Back then in d universty, I used to hear about "life after graduation", but it didn't really make much meaning 2 me untill I left sch 2 years ago. I graduated wth a 2.1 in Petroleum Engineering. I started searching and applying for openings after 6 mnths into NYSC. After writing quite a number of job aptitude tests, i could only confirm that it takes more than just certificates, intelligence and academic resumé to secure a job in this country. It has been hustling and surviving all the way. But 4 hw long 'll the son of man continue in this way; i mean yrs r fast runing-by. Fellow N'landers, pls I 'll appreciate any useful help concerning job hook up. A career opening is the significant thing here not the pay or position.
God 'll stand by us! Cheers!!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by perfectpeace: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
I need advice please, I have HND in mechanical engineering and I have two years experience as a maintenance technician for now am not working and I need to upgrade myself with some certification courses.I have some basic knowledge in oil well drilling but I have not work with any oil company I want to ask what are the chances of employment if one has IWCF or IADC certificate without any field experience?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by missperetu(f): 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
compliment of the season everyone. pls i need ur assistance my name is peretu ruth a fresh graduate of NDU i studied petroleum engineering as my first degree and i want to go for my masters but i don't know if i should go for petroleum again or i should go for reservoir evaluation and management.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by bigcycs: 11:16am On Jan 09, 2014
Okay greetings to everyone on this thread and to the experts I doff my hat.

I realise my query may be diversionary but seeing as there are many experts in the house I feel it won't hurt to seek advice from them

I am a PETROLEUM engineering. From futo and I did get that much desired 2'1 that was way back in 2010 ,finished my service 2012 and of course the closest I've gotten to any oil and gas activity was a services firm were I did my 6months internshiq..

Needless I am totally disappointed with how my career has turned out thus far.
I have always wanted to be a reservoir engineer. I have written more than 2 dozen exams scholarships exams inclusive and have never made it past any. I never imagined a time will come when I will be so clueless and bereft of ideas on how to make a career break.

I am no more a fresh graduate and my age is not in favor of such chances anymore. I have come on nairaland severally where folks like me where advised to go do an Msc funding is a major issue. I have tried for scholarships and no success.

When I read about you guyz who have made it in the industry I feel like a complete failure.

I have nothing to do right now..and I still feel the zeal to become a successful reservoir engineer.

For now I am considering sharpening Up my autocad skills and maybe doing a pDMS as that's what I can afford now. Just to improve my chances of landing a job.

I would have loved to do a well engineering course but the cost is way way beyond me.

Can you experts help me with any tips or advice which will help me get my career on track again
I do not wish to continue to wallow like this I need help ,guidance etc..and I believe someone in here will be kind enough to help me out.

Anyone..anybody.. Help this broda out.. Advice guidance something I should do immediately to get my career back on track. I will really aqqreciate and God will bless you guyz immensely.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Beehandz(m): 11:59am On Jan 10, 2014
G'day all.
In a bid to make 2014 a rewarding year for my career. I'm deciding to enroll in Onshore/Offshore HSE prgm @ JPTS starting tomorrow.
I'll like to know if this pple JPT is accredited and their certification is recognized in the industry. Thank you.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by SolutionsGuy: 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
Nice thread . . . have been educative.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by vislabraye(m): 12:55am On Jul 06, 2014
Beehandz: G'day all.
In a bid to make 2014 a rewarding year for my career. I'm deciding to enroll in Onshore/Offshore HSE prgm @ JPTS starting tomorrow.
I'll like to know if this pple JPT is accredited and their certification is recognized in the industry. Thank you.

Just seeing this thread and its interesting. Are U done with ur program? What's the outcome?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? / How To Improve On Your Career With I.T / COREN Registration Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.