Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. (1137 Views)

Would You Donate A Kidney To An Ex Who Broke Your Heart? / How To Deal With A Girl That Broke Your Heart... / See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by Daniel2289(m): 8:57am On Mar 29, 2016
You just suffered heartbreak as the result of a breakup. Friends come to console you with words like “it wasn’t meant to be” or “it’ll happen at the right time”.

As much as this could be encouraging, it does little or nothing to help your situation. According to Estee Kahn of YourTango, the new line for getting over this heart breaking situation is this: “If you’re brave enough to love someone, then you’re strong enough to get over them.”

Here are 4 steps to getting
over the one who broke your heart

1. Don't look back:
No one has ever moved on by living in the past. Your heart is broken but you whole being isn't. Pick up the pieces and move on.

2. Learn from the past:
There's always a lesson to learn in every situation, doesn't matter if it's good or bad. You should be able to list out the things you need and your deal breakers too, these things are important for your next relationships.

3. Let it go:
You might hurt yourself if you keep holding on and wishing. It obviously wasn't meant to be. Letting go sets you free and you might just be a steep from finding the one who completes you.

4. Always remember you are stronger than you think:
If you were brave enough to open up yourself to someone who eventually broke your heart, then you are strong enough to get over them, move one and love someone who'll love you back completely as well.

5. Believe in the power of love again:
You knew how it felt like being in love, you can feel it again. Though it hurts now, just believe it would happen again.

Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 29, 2016
Easier said than done...undecided

Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by weselomo(m): 9:00am On Mar 29, 2016
seen

Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by Daniel2289(m): 9:04am On Mar 29, 2016
Estharfabian:

Something like this helped me in the past. So it can also help some1 else.
Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by obiorathesubtle: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2016
Estharfabian:

shutup! You have no business here!
Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 29, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
shutup! You have no business here!
Choke on My juices Obiora..undecided

Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by obiorathesubtle: 9:12am On Mar 29, 2016
Estharfabian:
Choke on My juices Obiora..undecided

choke on my fart Esther undecided
Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by teechudleyy(f): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2016
i would think... work on your physical self. Get fit, get hot. No better revenge than looking awesome. Boosts ur self esteem, and self evaluation.

Get busy... reconnect with friends and family, get active in church... let something be on ur mind that keeps d heart break off

Cry. Talk pour your heart out To someone who cares and keep nothing locked in

Be honest to yourself... i have to be a better person. What did i do wrong in that relationship... how can i be better.

work work... make money be self fulfilled

Dont judge the new people you meet by the experience of the past...

Pray. And be kind.

Daniel2289:
You just suffered heartbreak as the result of a breakup. Friends come to console you with words like “it wasn’t meant to be” or “it’ll happen at the right time”.
As much as this could be encouraging, it does little or nothing to help your situation. According to Estee Kahn of YourTango, the new line for getting over this heart breaking situation is this: “If you’re brave enough to love someone, then you’re strong enough to get over them.”
Here are 4 steps to getting
over the one who broke your heart
1. Don't look back:
No one has ever moved on by living in the past. Your heart is broken but you whole being isn't. Pick up the pieces and move on.
2. Learn from the past:
There's always a lesson to learn in every situation, doesn't matter if it's good or bad. You should be able to list out the things you need and your deal breakers too, these things are important for your next relationships.
3. Let it go:
You might hurt yourself if you keep holding on and wishing. It obviously wasn't meant to be. Letting go sets you free and you might just be a steep from finding the one who completes you.
4. Always remember you are stronger than you think:
If you were brave enough to open up yourself to someone who eventually broke your heart, then you are strong enough to get over them, move one and love someone who'll love you back completely as well.
5. Believe in the power of love again:
You knew how it felt like being in love, you can feel it again. Though it hurts now, just believe it would happen again.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by wolfgangg(m): 9:34am On Mar 29, 2016
Long shii' engage your emotions with FM 2016 - you're gonna be thinking about the next transfer window!!!

Call Of Duty : Black Ops 3 or Fallout 4

Bloodborne damn can't get enough!!!
Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 29, 2016
its usually harder than it seems ....not saying its impossible..buh trust me... u will find yourself going back down d lane severally. only the strong willed succeeds
Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
I wish I could go through a heartbreak again but too bad I no longer have a heart.grin
Re: 5 Steps To Getting Over The One Who Broke Your Heart. by Daniel2289(m): 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
mimzy:
its usually harder than it seems ....not saying its impossible..buh trust me... u will find yourself going back down d lane severally. only the strong willed succeeds
True though. But at the end, the person must move on.....

(1) (Reply)

how do I break free without hurting her? / That Moment When You Wish She Was Your Bae / Why Would A Gal In Serious Relationship Care To Dress Seductively When Her Man I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.