Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,454 members, 7,836,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu (777 Views)

APC Govt Has Delivered More Corruption Than Change —jonathan / I Rather Die Than To Have APC Win Rivers State In 2019, Gov Wike Cries / ‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by tommykiwi(m): 10:57am On Mar 29, 2016
Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, in an interview on Channels Television stated that he is ready to die fighting corruption.

“There is too much talk about corruption fighting back, of course corruption would fight back, you don’t expect to fight somebody all the time without him fighting back. But we are resolved, we are determined to win this fight”.

“If I am opportune to drive this thing and in the process I happen to go with it, so be it. I am, we are ready. We are determined to fight this fight to finish”.

“There are series of allegations. For instance, the case of NIMASA of N2 billion initially, we took him to court and later on, we realised that he had another matter that he siphoned out of public funds, about N34 billion”.

“We carry out background investigation, preliminary investigation very thoroughly. We might be on you and you would not know. It may be six months, sometimes 10 months.

“For instance, this NIMASA case, we’ve been on it for more than 10 months, before we began to invite people”.

Ibrahim Mustafa Magu is a graduate of Accountancy from the University of Maiduguri and a certified accountant.

Ibrahim Magu served as head of the Economic Governance Unit (EGU) of the EFCC during the tenure of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, as chairman of the commission.
Magu is the brain behind high profile investigations of indicted former Nigerian governors, and was one of the early recruits into the EFCC by Mr. Ribadu.
He is seen by many of his colleagues as an ‘’incorruptible and courageous’’ officer.

As head of the EGU, some of the investigations Magu spearheaded included the collapse of Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria, and Chief James Ibori, former governor of Delta State.

Trouble started for the police officer after the controversial removal of Mr. Ribadu as chairman of the commission in December 2007. The new chairman, Farida Waziri, was uncomfortable with his presence doubting his loyalty to her, sources say.

In August 2008, Mr. Magu was accused of illegally keeping case files of top politicians being investigated by the commission. His house in Abuja was searched and his property carted away by operatives of the EFCC acting under the directive of Mrs. Waziri.

He was subsequently re-deployed to the police after days of detention with nothing incriminating found against him. He was later suspended from the police, going without salaries for several months.

Following his appointment as Chairman of the EFCC in 2011, Mr. Lamorde made the return of Mr. Magu to the EFCC a top priority. Both men had worked together at the commission when Mr. Lamorde served as head of operations of the agency.

In a letter written to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) on March 19, 2012, and titled “Re: Postings/Transfer and secondments of police officers to the EFCC,” Mr. Lamorde put Mr. Magu as top on the list of police officers he wanted to be deployed to the EFCC. But when the police boss was to confirm the deployment of the officers, Mr. Magu’s name was conspicuously absent.

Mr. Lamorde eventually had his way after President Goodluck Jonathan reportedly intervened in Mr. Magu’s case. Following the President’s intervention, Mr. Magu was released to the EFCC. He remained a top official of the commission until he was appointed to succeed Mr. Lamorde.

Ibrahim Mustafa Magu is a trained financial crimes investigator with background in forensic accounting, and training at the FBI institute and the London Metropolitan Police institute.

Ibrahim Mustafa Magu served, prior to his EFCC posting, in Bosnia under the United Nations peacekeeping police operation.
Ibrahim Mustafa Magu is also a member of the investigative committee convened by National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno, on the orders of President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the procurement of arms in the Armed Forces from 2007 till now.

Ibrahim Mustafa, whom Police sources described as “a fearless investigator who can stand up to any foe.

He has the capacity for this assignment. He is prudent and he likes to work conclusively on investigations. He is coming with a huge experience in investigation of financial crimes.
He is an assistant commissioner of police, a Kanuri from Borno state of the North-east.

Source....http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/i-will-rather-die-fighting-corruption-than-for-corruption-to-win-magu/

Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by IVORY2009(m): 11:04am On Mar 29, 2016
True talk mr Magu, but the manner @ which u go about fighting corruption is not the best way to go.
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by Aufbauh(m): 11:13am On Mar 29, 2016
Hmmmmm, Magu my Hero!
Looking at the man alone you'll agree that he is a 'Living Sacrifice' grin
"Outstanding people have something in common, an absolute sense of mission "-Zig Ziglar
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by 400billionman: 11:28am On Mar 29, 2016
Abeg no die o.

Keep fighting PDP and Fayose..
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 29, 2016
cheesy
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by ogunronbi18(m): 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
If u die, corruption will still be going on...so wat did u want to die for?
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by LudaChriz(m): 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Oga huge corruption is currently going on under ur lord Buhari... Stop that trash!

Until you start frm Amaechi and Fashola then I will take u serious
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by tommykiwi(m): 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
LudaChriz:
Oga huge corruption is currently going on under ur lord Buhari... Stop that trash!

Until you start frm Amaechi and Fashola then I will take u serious
No be lie U talk, let him start from them first then we will take his words seriously.
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by EldaTimba(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
The way some Nigerians tries to prove their diligence makes me wonder if they fear God.
Before David and the Israelites could claim victory over the philistines, Goliath's head was chopped off.
A man who would not dare probe Tinubu, OBJ, amechi etc. is talking about winning a war against corruption.
Until we chop of the heads of corruption in this country, magu is just saying what he know please the gullibles
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by Mcpadosky(m): 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
nice one Mr magu Nigerians are behind u, the almighty God will always protect you from the enemies within.
God bless federal republic of Nigeria
God bless president mohamadu buhari
God bless mr Magu the unshakeable
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by Goke7: 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
IVORY2009:
True talk mr Magu, but the manner @ which u go about fighting corruption is not the best way to go.

so what's the best way to go? leave them with the loot abi
Re: I Will Rather Die Fighting Corruption Than For Corruption To Win – Magu by IVORY2009(m): 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Goke7:

so what's the best way to go? leave them with the loot abi

The best way is to get the proof before going about arresting and not the other way round.

(1) (Reply)

APC, PDP Candidates Fight Over The Fairness Of Abuja Polls / Aso Rock Security Operatives Lament One-year Unpaid Allowance No Comments / Happy Birthday To Dr.orji Uzor Kalu (MON)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.