Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (2355 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus God? by nigboy(m): 6:31am On Oct 16, 2009
I want Christians in this forum to prove to me that Jesus is God.

I do not want sprititual stuff

I need bibilical backup

Thanks
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 16, 2009
can you at least use spell check.

abi you're muslim?
Re: Is Jesus God? by bighabit(m): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2009
did Jesus create you?
Re: Is Jesus God? by DeepSight(m): 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2009
Jesus said:

"Do not call me good, only God is Good."

Chikena.
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2009
And god died!
Re: Is Jesus God? by noetic15(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2009
Jesus is the SON of God. . . .He is as such God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2009
Hahahaha see noetic in a confused manner

'As for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers' Quran 3:56
Re: Is Jesus God? by mazaje(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2009
Abuzola:

Hahahaha see noetic in a confused manner

'As for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers' Quran 3:56

I do not believe in allah in fact I mock him all the time and I do not see him punishing me with severe torment in this world. . . . .are you sure the koran is not lying to you?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2009
'verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah but it is He who deceives them' Quran 4:142
Re: Is Jesus God? by noetic15(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2009
Abuzola:

'verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah but it is He who deceives them' Quran 4:142

are u saying allah is deceivable? so allah can be deceived by humans? allah must be a clown grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2009
Hahahaha, english is a problem
Re: Is Jesus God? by noetic15(m): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2009
Abuzola:

Hahahaha, english is a problem

yes. . .that is why allah wants to judge the world in arabic grin grin

I laugh in arabic grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 9:59am On Oct 20, 2009
A God that was mudered by his daddy in cold blood just to forgive our sins.
I wonder how daddy must have felt when baby God cried to him, Eli Eli Eli lama sabachtnahi (my God my God my God why have thou forsaken him me)
couldnt He simply have forgiven us without all this gory drama?
this is most disguting concept of God ever concieved by man. Even animal dont treat their sons as such.
Re: Is Jesus God? by DeepSight(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2009
noetic15:

Jesus is the SON of God. . . .He is as such God.

Noetic is the son of Papa-Noetic. He is as such Papa-Noetic
Re: Is Jesus God? by noetic15(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2009
Deep Sight:

Noetic is the son of Papa-Noetic. He is as such Papa-Noetic

is this an argument?
what do understand by the word "SON" as used in the bible?
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2009
noetic15:

is this an argument?

please tell us. We are waiting

there is nobody as evasive as this noetic dude on NL. Whenever u corner him, he simply claims u dont understand the bible.
Pls watch out for his predictable response
Re: Is Jesus God? by noetic15(m): 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2009
the_seeker:

please tell us. We are waiting

there is nobody as evasive as this noetic dude on NL. Whenever u corner him, he simply claims u dont understand the bible.
Pls watch out for his predictable response

Re: Is Jesus God? by mazaje(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2009
noetic15:

is this an argument?

grin grin grin This is why I like neotic always evasive and always answering questions with questions. . . . .
Re: Is Jesus God? by dani1luv: 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2009
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto Him

"Except a man is born again he shall not see the kingdom of God. . "
Re: Is Jesus God? by noetic15(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2009
mazaje:

grin grin grin This is why I like neotic always evasive and always answering questions with questions. . . . .

shocked shocked shocked I ask questions simply to reveal the ignorance of the other person grin grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by mazaje(m): 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2009
noetic15:

shocked shocked shocked I ask questions simply to reveal the ignorance of the other person grin grin

Na today. . . .the only thing is that you only end up revealing your own ignorance instead. . . .
Re: Is Jesus God? by dani1luv: 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2009
e-gbam! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2009
noetic pls tell us what 'SON' means in the bible and stop playing hide and seek
we are waiting
Re: Is Jesus God? by noetic15(m): 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
the_seeker:

noetic pls tell us what 'SON' means in the bible and stop playing hide and seek
we are waiting

my question was largely directed at deepSight. I did not expect u to be rational/intelligent enough to come up with something. So wait till deepSight asks ur question.

Hint: How did the israelites react when He said He was the Son of God? what meaning did they deduce from His words?
Re: Is Jesus God? by noetic15(m): 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
mazaje:

Na today. . . .the only thing is that you only end up revealing your own ignorance instead. . . .

blah blah blah sheep. . . .have u any wool? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2009
Hahaha, see noetic covered in delusion, he can't even explain how god became a son. *RIRE*
Re: Is Jesus God? by theseeker2: 7:45am On Oct 22, 2009
noetic15:

my question was largely directed at deepSight. I did not expect u to be rational/intelligent enough to come up with something. So wait till deepSight asks your question.

Hint: How did the israelites react when He said He was the Son of God? what meaning did they deduce from His words?

noetic is such a fraud. The tell tale signs when he wants to lie or pull wool over our eyes is that he makes refernce to a verse without ever quoting it or simply quoting out of context. Let take a look at  john 10, 23-38

23. And jesus walked in the temple in solomon's porch
24. Then the jews surrounded him and said "how do you keep us in doubt? If you are the christ, tell us plainly"
25. Jesus answered them "i told you, and you do not believe. The works that i do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me
26. "But you do not believe because you are not of my sheep, as i said to you.
27. "My sheep hear my voice, and i know them, and they follow me.
28. "And i give them eternal life, any they shall never perish neither shall anyone snatch them out of my hand.
29. "My Father who has given them to me is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch out of my Father's hand
30. "i and my Father are one
31. "Then the jews took up stones again to stone him
32. Jesus answered them "Many good works which i have shown you from my Father. For which of those works do you stone me?"
33. The jews answered him saying "For a good work we do not stone you but for blasphemy, and because you being a man make yourself God.
34. Jesus answered is it not written in your law, 'i say, "you are gods"'?
35. If he called them gods to whom the word of God came (and the scriptures cannot be broken)
36. "Do you say of him whom the father has sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming, 'You are blaspheming', 'because i said 'i am the Son of God'?
37. "If i do not do the works of my Father, do not believe me.
38. "But if i do, though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you amy know and believe that the father is in me and i in Him.

Analysis
23-27 the jew are harrasing jesus, asking if he is Christ. He confirms that he is thou they do not believe him
28-30 he confirms that no one can snatch his sheep from his hand or his fathers since He gave them him and he is one with his father (in terms of purpose) 
31 the jews always looking for faults in everything he says took his statment of equating himself with God literaly and thus blasphemy
32 jesus was confused wondering why he deserves the stoning for doing good works that his father sent him. He wasnt thinking they misundertand his statement abt his relationship with God literally.
33 the jew now told him they were angry not for his works but cos he equated himself with God (based on their literal interpretation)
34-36 now jesus undertants their problem. Then he reminds them that God called them (jews) 'god'. He was now asking what is blasphemos if he says he is 'Son of God' when even the common jesus was called 'god'
37-38 he reminds them again that by the works his father gave to him, they are one in purpose

conclusion
the jews as well as noetic misunderstood jesus word as literal (a man that speaks in parables). There are sons of god by the tons in the bible. David is even called his begotten son and another person his first born. Before you start exponding on 'i and the father are one' pls read the verse below.
Jonn 17, 21
"that they (the diciples) may all be one, as You Father are in Me, and I in You. That they may be one in Us, that the world may believe you sent me
Re: Is Jesus God? by Abuzola(m): 8:20am On Oct 22, 2009
Excellent ya ikwan
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2009
@ the seeker; You now claim to be a Pastor, analysing Biblical verses. What of these verses from Matthew? analyse them Pastor cheesy cheesy

Matthew 16:15-17 (New International Version)

15"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"

16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2009
@ the seeker; Analyse these verses too, pastor ;

Mark 14:61-62 (New International Version)
61But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.
Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

62"I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

and

Luke 5:20-24 (New International Version)

20When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."

21The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

22Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked, "Why are you thinking these things in your hearts? 23Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? 24But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins, " He said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home."
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2009
pastor seeker, explain this too:

John 6:46 (New International Version)
46No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nezan(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2009
pastor seeker, you can also seek to give us a Bible study on the following claims of Christ:

His claims to pre-existence

Jesus claimed the have been pre-existent before his birth--he was around before Abraham (Jn 8.58-59)
Jesus claimed to have been pre-existent in heaven with glory before His incarnation (Jn 3.13; Jn 6.33; Jn 6.38; Jn 6.62; Jn 8.23; Jn 8.42; Jn 10.30-39; Jn 16.28; Jn 17.5)

His claims relative to worship, glorification, exaltation, object of religious faith, title of "God".

Jesus promised to come in 'the glory of the Father' (Mark 8.38)
Jesus held himself out as a legitimate object for religious faith (Mark 9.42; Jn 3.15; Jn 9.35f) even to the same extent as the Father (Jn 14.1)
He NEVER corrects those who accuse him of making himself equal to God (Mr 2.5ff; Jn 5.17ff; Jn 8.58-59; Jn 10:30-39) nor those who called him "GOD" (Jn 20.28).
He claims loyalty greater than ALL human loyalties (Mt 10.37)
Jesus claims that he should be honored co-extensively with the Father! (Jn 5.17f)
He claims the Father is seeking Jesus' glory (Jn 8.50 with 8.54b; Jn 13.31) and that the two are linked (Jn 11.4)
He uses the divine epithet "I AM" (Jn 8.58-59, 24, 28)
He accepts worship without rebuke, and even with commendation (Jn 9.35-38)

His claims to authority

Jesus claimed to be able to forgive sins (Mark 2.5ff; Lk 7.48f)
Jesus had authority over the Sabbath (Mark 2.28; Mt 12.cool
Jesus claims that the elect are his, and that the angels are his (Mr 13.26f)--either in possession or authority over
He implied that he had the ability/authority to abolish the law (Mt 5.21)
He implied by his "but I say to you, " passages a divine authority (Mt 5)
He had the authority to give authority over evil to others (Lk 10.19)
He claims to have universal authority (Jn 17.2)
He has authority to confer a kingdom--in the SAME MANNER that the Father does (Lk 22.29f)
He claims to have authority to send/give the Holy Spirit of God! (Lk 24.49; Jn 4.10 with 7.37-39; Jn 15.26; Jn 16.7)

His claims to IDENTITY/EQUALITY with the Father

Jesus claims that one's response to Jesus is equated to one's response to God (Jn 15.23).
Jesus claims that to see Him is to see the Father! (Jn 14.9)
He claims to be, and is repeatedly called, the potentially blasphemous title "Son of God" (Mr 14.62 et. al. )
He NEVER corrects those who accuse him of making himself equal to God (Mr 2.5ff; Jn 5.17ff; Jn 8.58-59; Jn 10:30-39) nor those who called him "GOD" (Jn 20.28).
He claims to be on a par with the Father and the Holy Spirit (Mt 28.19)
He claims that his coming was the same as God's coming (Lk 19.43ff)
He claims to operate co-extensively with the Spirit (Mk 21.14-15 with Mt 10 and Mr 13)
He claims to operate co-extensively with the Father (Jn 5.17ff; Jn 10.30-39; Jn 15.9)

His claims to a UNIQUE relationship to the Father

Jesus considered His Sonship-relation with the Father to be ABSOLUTELY unique (Mr 12.1-11; Jn 20.17)
He claims to be the unique Heir of God (Mr 12.1-11)
He claims to have EXCLUSIVE knowledge of the Father (Mt 11.27; Jn 7.28-29)
He claims to have been the only one to have seen the Father (Jn 6.46; Jn 8.38)
He claims to be absolutely perfect/sinless-he ALWAYS pleases the Father (Jn 8.29; Jn 8.46)

His exalted nature and powers

Jesus is often linked to the word 'Lord' (Mr 11.3; Mr 5:19-20)
Jesus claimed to be greater than King David (Mr 12.35-37), than the Temple (Mt 12.6), than the prophet Jonah (Mt 12.41), than King Solomon (Mt 12.42).
He claims that his rank in the universe is superior to the angels (Mr 13.32)
He implies that he is, or will be, omnipresent (Mt 18.20; Mt 28.19)
He claims to have access to knowledge of the future, and events occurring in heaven (Lk 22.31).
He claims to be able to give freedom (Jn 8.36)
He claims to be able to raise himself from the dead! (Jn 10.17ff)

Claims of Jesus which make NO SENSE if He were not God

Jesus claims that his words will outlast time itself! (Mr 13.31)
He claims that the eternal destiny of people depend on their response to HIM! (Mt 7.21ff; Mt 25.17ff)
He claims to have been the only one to have seen the Father (Jn 6.46; Jn 8.38 with Ex 33.20)
He claims to be absolutely perfect/sinless-he ALWAYS pleases the Father (Jn 8.29; Jn 8.46)
Jesus makes statements that are completely ludicrous, if he is not God. (Jn 14.28; Jn 15.5; Jn 17.10)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wooing A Lady With The BIBLE / WEALTH: Who Did God Create Wealth For, Believers Or Unbelievers? / Truth And Error In The Church. Proving All Things. Brethren, Let Us Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.