Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11591001 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10388) (10389) (10390) (10391) (10392) (10393) (10394) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2021
Karlovych:
Seriously, It's boring at times.

Let them enjoy it it doesn't happen often wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
Olise may decide to rep France in the future but before his name surfaced on the standby list I have so much conviction that an agreement was reached by him n our football hierarchy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
whatever the rumors flying about the fact of the matter is that their names were never part of any squad list meaning a solid commitment had not been gotten from them.

Speaking from an operational level it's even unprofessional to name someone in your squad without his or her consent. Like I said earlier let's wait to see how things unfold.

Subzero047:

The Madueke story started with a verified journalist, then Colin Udoh reposted it with Oma Akatugba then the story went international with Talent scout posting it and it was reposted by other international sports pages, the NFF did not shutdown the story it was only shut down by Madueke's appearance on England U21's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Onyekuru better than Moses because of his decent outting against benin? Hmmm u get time to argue
I tire for all these merry-go-round analysts oh grin. When Onyekuru fumbles now they will start blaming Rohr for not inviting Peter Olayinka.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
Almost everyone including the more reliable parts of the sports media has said it's Michael Olise that's the one being referred to.

Anyway the next international window is not too far all will become clearer with time.

They will never accept any good news from our media but will jump on posting news from foreign media which later turns out to be mere speculation

Stories are only true when they re conveyed by the BBC, ESPN, aljazera and CNN of this world

Nonsense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2021
cheesy cheesy
JohnBullMySon:
I tire for all these merry-go-round analysts oh grin. When Onyekuru fumbles now they will start blaming Rohr for not inviting Peter Olayinka.

One of the reasons this thread is dying slowly unlike before
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
whatever the rumors flying about the fact of the matter is that their names were never part of any squad list meaning a solid commitment had not been gotten from them.

Speaking from an operational level it's even unprofessional to name someone in your squad without his or her consent. Like I said earlier let's wait to see how things unfold.

You said it all. The disbelief is born out of negativity. Olise accepting his name to be included to them is too good to be true cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
Na Olise dey cause commotion today? Boy is primed to anchor the midfield of Les Blues, so make una rest grin grin

This is gonna sound so crazy, but I see Eze turning out for the eagles instead of Olise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
All they re waiting for now is the day olise will rescind his decision n rep France then the 'I told you' gang will self-service for a whole day non stop cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2021
I agree 100%. Talk of Olise had even died down once talk of his lack of interest in repping SE was reported. These things are fluid and can change anytime. Ok what about Tobias that trained with the squad didn't he change his mind? However that doesn't change the fact that he gave the initial consent to play for Nigeria. Let's just calm down hope for the best and wait for how things unfold.

charlesemeka85:
the same point I made, Rohr and the nff will never stoop that low to enlist a player on standby without been sure of his allegiance

No matter how desperate the nff hv been in the pursuit of players with dual citizenship such hv never happened. Even adarabioyo who hv indirectly shown the signs on social media didn't get such mention

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2021
Karlovych:
I don't know why you guys always engage in rubbish arguments, if it's about comparing him with Osimhen he has a better goal ratio than him for his country. Praise your players and leave other national teams alone. People are now comparing Sanusi with Ferland Mendy, any little thing is competition for some of you.

oga you miss road abi road miss you? where you take see me compare,

rather its the other way around, cos, if am not mistaken , every time Osimhen, or nacho was praised here Gustav, will bring Haaland into the picture,

so you and oga Zero should watches it, cos I hardly engage in heated argument here,

so watch what you called rubbish here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
Icon79:
Thank you, my dear! He’s still the same sluggish player with poor first touch and extremely poor ball control.

I don’t think Osihmen received enough credit for that goal.

O pari

Why una dey talk like say una get sick mind. Osimhen missed a chance that rebounded to onuachu. It is as simple as that. What credit is he getting. It sounds sickening to be saying osimhen should be given enough credit as if he lay the pass for onuachu. The glory was his to take but he simply couldn't concert it. And that's just the word, he simply couldn't covert the chance. Let's stop all this one player against the other player mentality pls. They all represent the super Eagles and it is just about a common cause which is to score goals and win games.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2021
damagnificentusb:

so monaco's coach is not a top coach?
It was very clear, Onyekuru doesn't fit into his pattern and plan.

Onyekura is not a midfielder. Even when he manned the LM, he gave an assist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2021
I don't get moved by these foreign born or bred players no more, none of them has ever turned out an exceptional player, for either Nigeria or any of their adopted countries. Our best players have always been the ones we produced down here in Nigeria.

Funny enough, the only exceptions to me have been the ones we turned down - Alaba and Emmanuel Adebayo, and none of those who turned us down for their adopted European countries have come an inch close to these two.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2021
the greatest gift i can get today is sudan winning south africa

those guys thinks we re mates football wise

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
seankafor:

I use heart pin dem down here, dey wait final whistle, I hope Sudan does it for me, I love the thirst of their fans tears
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
ChrisKels:
I don't get moved by these foreign born or bred players no more, none of them has ever turned out an exceptional player, for either Nigeria or any of their adopted countries. Our best players have always been the ones we produced down here in Nigeria.

The only exception to me has been Emmanuel Adebayo, and none of those who chose European countries come an inch close to him in terms of giftedness.
So iwobi and balogun have only been joking all this while cheesy.

Continue disgracing Yourself grin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
So iwobi and balogun have only been joking all this while cheesy.

Continue disgracing Yourself grin.

Which of those too is an exceptional player compared to the ones we have produced locally in their respective positions? Chai dude you no get shame, for you to have mentioned Balogun here. Where does Balogun stand in the list of top center backs that have played for the Eagles? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2021
do4luv14:

oga you miss road abi road miss you? where you take see me compare,

rather its the other way around, cos, if am not mistaken , every time Osimhen, or nacho was praised here Gustav, will bring Haaland into the picture,

so you and oga Zero should watches it, cos I hardly engage in heated argument here,

so watch what you called rubbish here
Lol, I must have struck a nerve, if you like engage in heated argument.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
Meliforme:
[/b]

You are the one deceiving yourself unlike most of us

How can someone be living in a fool's paradise and still be chanting "I don't like deceiving my self".
Reposing on facts on ground we have every cause to believe.

You are taking pessimism to another level and you are doing it well.

If Olise ends up playing for a big club he won’t play for naija

Take it or leave it as I don’t care how pained you are by my comment

Someone that’s yet to commit to naija and you here saying I am deceiving my self ,you are the one living in a fools paradise as you refuse to accept reality

You can wail as you like ,una no even know weda Na Olise ndah or Michael Olise rohr call but una Dey there Dey masturbate grin

To make it worst such a good player was placed on standby ,that’s if it’s the real Michael Olise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
andrewbaba44:

If Olise ends up playing for a big club he won’t play for naija

Take it or leave it as I don’t care how pained you are by my comment

Use sledge hammer knack that fact inter his cerebral hemispheres

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
ChrisKels:

Which of those too is an exceptional player compared to the ones we have produced locally in their respective positions? Chai dude you no get shame, for you to have mentioned Balogun here. Where does Balogun stand in the list of top center backs that have played for the Eagles? grin
Remove all the FBs from the team and see how our worth reduces.

First of all, you're getting something wrong, don't expect to have an FB in Bayern or Barca or world class. Its only possible with our local players. That would never happen because anyone at that level would hardly choose Nigeria.

But FBs play a critical role. They balance the squad and ensure that you don't not have exceptional players and carpenters playing together in one team. Because that has always been our problem. So you see their importance now abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
Karlovych:
Lol, I must have struck a nerve, if you like engage in heated argument.

struck nor light in, abegi swerve left make I see road, warrior of durtmund Ekuke
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2021
do4luv14:

struck nor light in, abegi swerve left make I see road, warrior of durtmund Ekuke

smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Remove all the FBs from the team and see how our worth reduces.

First of all, you're getting something wrong, don't expect to have an FB in Bayern or Barca or world class. Its only possible with our local players. That would never happen because anyone at that level would hardly choose Nigeria.

But FBs play a critical role. They balance the squad and ensure that you don't not have exceptional players and carpenters playing together in one team. Because that has always been our problem. So you see their importance now abi?

What correlation does what you wrote here have with the post you jumped on with your brains in your seminiferous tubules? Did I ever say they were not important? What my post read was that they ain't no exceptional talents, and in my books they ain't worth this stress and brawls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:15pm On Mar 28, 2021
ChrisKels:

What correlation does what you wrote here have with the post you jumped on with your brains in your seminiferous tubules? Did I ever say they were not important? What my post read was that they ain't no exceptional talents, and in my books they ain't worth this stress and brawls.
What I mean is that you won't have a world class player that is FB. but you'll get very good players. There are very even very few Nigerian players that are world class if any, and by Nigerian standards, Iwobi and Balogun are exceptional, Aribo as well.

Kai, you open your mouth too quickly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
omo Sudan don net shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I did not say Onyekuru is very inconsistent. I said Moses is more consistent and reliable than him. First of all, Onyekuru has not cut it at the higher leagues. Secondly, comparing Moses and Onyekuru performances side by side for the last three years will help you get my point better.

Moses Simon is not more consistent and reliable than Henry Onyekuru.

Talking of reliability

Do you know what it means to be touted as reliable.
It means to be told to win a match, and you go ahead to perform as instructed.
The same can't be said of Moses Simon at any level.
Moses Simon may have scored winning goals, but anybody can score.

Talking of consistency

Many considerations can play to the anterior when it concerns consistency.
The coach at Monaco was under pressure to salvage things and will only utilize options and tactics he is very familiar with, that's the reason why the likes of Ben Yedder and Slimani flourished under him, but Onyekuru. Onyekuru is not a midfielder and the coach wouldn't deploy him as an ST or SS.

Another instance of inconsistency was at Galatasaray, Turkey. When he was being tried at different play positions before they let him be, owing to how good he can be.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
Karlovych:
smh

for you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:38pm On Mar 28, 2021
Subzero047:
Oshoala this season

27 matches
20 goals
1 assist
Oshoala is selfish.
Argue with facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2021
seankafor:

what a fulfilled sunday for me
ill troll those fvckers to death

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2021
ChrisKels:

I use heart pin dem down here, dey wait final whistle, I hope Sudan does it for me, I love the thirst of their fans tears
the lord is good bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (10388) (10389) (10390) (10391) (10392) (10393) (10394) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WHOSEMAN(m), etebefia, Kog45(m), Philosopher1979, forgiveness and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.