Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11596861 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10387) (10388) (10389) (10390) (10391) (10392) (10393) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Please stop being silly. Has Onuachu missed any close range shot before? give me an example?

Even if you don't rate him, at least don't make yourself a sheep trying to discredit his goal.

He is very silly

Don’t mind him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Olise is highly rated oh, more than Eze. Let's just pray he reaches Nigeria safely and not get stolen by the roadside.

Suddenly Olise is highly rated more than EZE after EZE don use una eyes see pepper cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
NFF might have their flaws but that's a school boy error they will unlikely commit. If Olise's name was included without a go ahead from him then you can bet he would have denied us in a blink of an eye.

Tammy and Billing who we were only talking to strongly denounced us. Billing even went to the extent of telling us his siblings family history as if we were dragging that with him before and he was the one who reached out o!

This is also a point of personal pride for us. We won't just call up anybody without securing a firm commitment from the concerned player.

Nigeria is many things but we're most definitely not Mali and Benin who will call up players out of desperation.

Hmm the Billing thing grew traction for months and was even carried by respected journalists until Billing outrighted denied it, but the thing is if it was indeed Olise was invited why has Rohr not said anything about it like he gave numerous hints about Ejaria and Ademola Lookman and what was the point of putting him on the standby list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
i am not doubting that, if he remains uncapped and joins bayern with good performances definitely the french even the english will try to snap him up

bayern are not the only team interested in him the likes of leeds,liverpool,chelsea,wolves,juventus are all interested so we have to wait for him to join any first before concluding

my main point is for the nff and rohr to place him on standby implies that both parties had an agreement
andrewbaba44:

You are just being positive about Olise playing for us and there is nothing bad in that

I will always tell my self and you guys the truth

If that guy joins Bayern or a bigger club then bye bye to Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
Even with Lookman Rohr hasn't come out clear to say he has declared for Nigeria. The best we got was him saying we have 3 players in Fulham. I understand your reason for being wary of the Olise call up. I guess we will have to wait until we actually see the boy put on the GWG on the field of play for us.

This things vary from player to player. I remember how we wanted Ebuehi and he initially turned us down but by the next international window he surprisingly made a 180 and decided to play for us after all.

Subzero047:

Hmm the Billing thing grew traction for months and was even carried by respected journalists until Billing outrighted denied it, but the thing is if it was indeed Olise was invited why has Rohr not said anything about it like he gave numerous hints about Ejaria and Ademola Lookman and what was the point of putting him on the standby list?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:
i am not doubting that, if he remains uncapped and joins bayern with good performances definitely the french even the english will try to snap him up

bayern are not the only team interested in him the likes of leeds,liverpool,chelsea,wolves,juventus are all interested so we have to wait for him to join any first before concluding

my main point is for the nff and rohr to place him on standby implies that both parties had an agreement

I agree with you. This reminded of Ebuehi's case then. He gave consent and was invited only for him to refuse him coming. Rohr himself said he wouldn't have invited a player without informing and reaching out to the player for consent.
For him to give be on the list, he must have given his consent. He can however change his mind later and who is to blame him if he have a rethink about being Super Eagle? Even God Almighty change his mind about the Children of Israel and the people of Nineveh in the Bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2021
several posters have always insisted that Olise would be the ideal catch between him and Eze. I remember pointedly asking Charlesemeka who was better between Olise and Eze. He equivocally insisted Olise was the one to watch out for.

Eze's name was mentioned a lot about 2 years ago when he started doing well with QPR and we were desperate for a replacement or competition for Iwobi who wasn't impressing most people then. Komekn has been the one mostly calling for Eze's addition to the SE.

andrewbaba44:

Suddenly Olise is highly rated more than EZE after EZE don use una eyes see pepper cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
Even with Lookman Rohr hasn't come out clear to say he has declared for Nigeria. The best we got was him saying we have 3 players in Fulham. I understand your reason for being wary of the Olise call up. I guess we will have to wait until we actually see the boy put on the GWG on the field of play for us.

This things vary from player to player. I remember how we wanted Ebuehi and he initially turned us down but by the next international window he surprisingly made a 180 and decided to play for us after all.

Rohr has made several hints about Lookman and Ejaria even when they have never been invited and this one gets 'invited' and all silence, We are not even sure whether it was him that was on the standby list or Olisa Ndah, that's how sketchy this is grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Onyekuru shows flashes of brilliance, Moses is very consistent and more reliable.

It's like we value only talent and neglect hardwork and consistency here. This is why I usually rate Onuachu.

Onyekuru inconsistent? Tell me more.

We are talking about Fatih Terim's weapon against Fenerbahce.
Onyekuru is special.
He just needs a top class coach that will unleash him.

And dude is becoming more humble.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2021
Almost everyone including the more reliable parts of the sports media has said it's Michael Olise that's the one being referred to.

Anyway the next international window is not too far all will become clearer with time.

Subzero047:

Rohr has made several hints about Lookman and Ejaria even when they have never been invited and this one gets 'invited' and all silence, We are not even sure whether it was him that was on the standby list or Olisa Ndah, that's how sketchy this is grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
Meliforme:

We are talking about Fatih Terim's weapon against Fenerbahce. Onyekuru is special. He just needs a top class coach that will unleash him.

so monaco's coach is not a top coach?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
Almost everyone including the more reliable parts of the sports media has said it's Michael Olise that's the one being referred to.

Anyway the next international window is not too far all will become clearer with time.

The same media that said that Billing has declared for Nigeria and Madueke has been cleared for Nigeria, well we wait
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by king94(m): 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2021
Super Eagles stopping at one of the beach houses in Ilashe for lunch on their way back to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:
more than eze? baba i doubt ooooo
In terms of future potential
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
do4luv14:

Gustav coman see your durtmund Ekuke ooooo

where eltye, abi as ah wan write am sef
I don't know why you guys always engage in rubbish arguments, if it's about comparing him with Osimhen he has a better goal ratio than him for his country. Praise your players and leave other national teams alone. People are now comparing Sanusi with Ferland Mendy, any little thing is competition for some of you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
Clementoke:

I agree with you. This reminded of Ebuehi's case then. He gave consent and was invited only for him to refuse him coming. Rohr himself said he wouldn't have invited a player without informing and reaching out to the player for consent.
For him to give be on the list, he must have given his consent. He can however change his mind later and who is to blame him if he have a rethink about being Super Eagle? Even God Almighty change his mind about the Children of Israel and the people of Nineveh in the Bible.
they are possibilities that olise might change his mind and rep England, France or even Algeria is mom's country but my point is before his inclusion on the standby list an agreement was reached between him and the nff

Abeg the Nff n Rohr re not stupid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
Subzero047:

The same media that said that Billing has declared for Nigeria and Madueke has been cleared for Nigeria, well we wait
your matter tire person. Billing actually accepted to rep us before the Danes came calling which have been his first option right from time.

That of Madueke wasn't true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
Meliforme:

We are talking about Fatih Terim's weapon against Fenerbahce.
Onyekuru is special.
He just needs a top class coach that will unleash him.

I did not say Onyekuru is very inconsistent. I said Moses is more consistent and reliable than him. First of all, Onyekuru has not cut it at the higher leagues. Secondly, comparing Moses and Onyekuru performances side by side for the last three years will help you get my point better.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
Subzero047:

your matter tire person. Billing actually accepted to rep us before the Danes came calling which have been his first option right from time.

That of Madueke wasn't true but mind you he stated and acknowledged Nigeria as an option in one of his recent interviews but his main priority his England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:
your matter tire person. Billing actually accept to rep us before the Danes came calling which have been his first option right from time.

That of Madueke wasn't true

Who told you that, you seem to pull out a lot of facts from your anus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
Subzero047:

Who told you that, you seem to pull out a lot of facts from your anus
you must be stupid n really needs to grow up

Wetin concern anus in our argument. You must be sick
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2021
Karlovych:
I don't know why you guys always engage in rubbish arguments, if it's about comparing him with Osimhen he has a better goal ratio than him for his country. Praise your players and leave other national teams alone. People are now comparing Sanusi with Ferland Mendy, any little thing is competition for some of you.

Leave them, they are enjoying Haarland's one match goal drought grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
Subzero047:

[s]Who told you that, you seem to pull out a lot of facts from your anus[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nwora had 21 Pts 10 Reb 2 Ast 1 Steal yesterday in his first NBA start. Happy days ahead!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
you are referring to the own goals and complete sports of this world plus Billing and Madueke were never named in any squad list released during that time period. Even when those stories came out the NFF shutdown such rumors. Remember it was also reported Tosin had declared for us but it was quickly denied by the football hierachy. Could Olise still change his mind? absolutely! but I have no doubts he was well aware of being named into the squad in one way or the other.

Subzero047:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:
you must be stupid n really needs to grow up

Wetin concern anus in our argument. You must be sick

Guy getaway I don't discuss with children
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
Subzero047:

Leave them, they are enjoying Haarland's one match goal drought grin
Seriously, It's boring at times.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
I did not say Onyekuru is very inconsistent. I said Moses is more consistent and reliable than him. First of all, Onyekuru has not cut it at the higher leagues. Secondly, comparing Moses and Onyekuru performances side by side for the last three years will help you get my point better.

Onyekuru better than Moses because of his decent outting against benin? Hmmm u get time to argue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
Subzero047:

Guy getaway I don't discuss with children

Say no to cheap highness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
you are referring to the own goals and complete sports of this world plus Billing and Madueke were never named in any squad list released during that time period. Even when those stories came out the NFF shutdown such rumors. Remember it was also reported Tosin had declared for us but it was quickly denied by the football hierachy. Could Olise still change his mind? absolutely! but I have no doubts he was well aware of being named into the squad in one way or the other.

The Madueke story started with a verified journalist, then Colin Udoh reposted it with Oma Akatugba then the story went international with Talent scout posting it and it was reposted by other international sports pages, the NFF did not shutdown the story it was only shut down by Madueke's appearance on England U21's

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
andrewbaba44:

It’s nothing like low self esteem

It’s what will happen

I don’t like deceiving my self like most of you

You are the one deceiving yourself unlike most of us

How can someone be living in a fool's paradise and still be chanting "I don't like deceiving my self".
Reposing on facts on ground we have every cause to believe.

You are taking pessimism to another level and you are doing it well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
chrisooblog:

the same point I made, Rohr and the nff will never stoop that low to enlist a player on standby without been sure of his allegiance

No matter how desperate the nff hv been in the pursuit of players with dual citizenship such hv never happened. Even adarabioyo who hv indirectly shown the signs on social media didn't get such mention

(1) (2) (3) ... (10387) (10388) (10389) (10390) (10391) (10392) (10393) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, chrisooblog and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.