Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699722 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10408) (10409) (10410) (10411) (10412) (10413) (10414) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Yea if you remember vividly he was even groaning when he came on the match against Poland in one of the friendly....that was he was coming on second half in the world cup the coach was to start him all through the WC.

Nawa oo, that means he didn't manage the injury well be that? So bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
12large1:

Yap I agree. He should buckle up because with simy, Sadiq and terem waiting on the sideline, our 9 shirt is open for Grabs. As for Chukwueze, when lookman and Kalu returns, he will Rightfully drop to the bench

Chukwueze on his day is our best winger.
That 442 seems to be restricting him, not only him but the whole team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Curtisaxel10:
To be honest, I still don't get the Osimhen hype. Dude wasted opportunity upon opportunity today. He did the same against Benin. Ighalo was far more lethal in converting chances in his time in the SE in my opinion. Osimhen really needs to up his game, pressing is not everything. If na pressing be the thing, Musa sef does a better job at that!.

Osimhen should do better. We won't be getting this many chances against big teams abeg. Chukwueze na another wahala altogether. That guy seems to have regressed from the Chukwueze we used to know. Rohr should do fast and get us Lookman or any other decent RWF abeg.
you have moved from nacho to Osimhen. Strikers miss chances and it is part of the game. Do you know how many chances vardy do miss in a game?. Osimhen still remain our best striker and he prove it already by clinching the highest goal scorer in African nation cup qualifier.. Nor be bean bro!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Reflexes is Okoye. I can prove it. Meanwhile what is stability? Seems Uzoho's looks is deceiving you guys.

By the way, don't you think there's a reason Ajax want Okoye to replace Onana?

Secondly how did you come to the conclusion that Uzoho reads the game better as well as marshalling defence line?

Is it because of how he shouts during corners?

Oga because Ajax want okoye doesn't mean he has better reflexes.....uzoho is better than okoye

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Tolulopefinest:

Not on this form. I will take lookman over him. Even onyekuru sef is better right now. Chukwueze has regressed. Only Ndidi and Zaidu position right now is guaranteed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
I am watching the highlights of Benin vs Nigeria now because of @JohnBullMySon cos I would like very much to confirm his observations and thus his reason for thinking Maduka has better reflexes than Ezoho. cheesy I will get back to all of us on the matter. But I noticed something in a 27th minute highlight. Although the Beninois defender was close a world-class player doesn't hit the ball like that. |@Team Ndidi is a superstar.
Because of you i'll start looking at them more closely. Attached is a video of some of the highlights of our match vs Benin. At 6:25 of video, Maduka made a bad judgement call there, he could easily have been picking the ball out his net. I can understand it when people question his stability.

check:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMIKwwhuM6s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
ChrisKels:
Onauchu seems to be a more clinical finisher than Osimhen, though Osimhen is a better all round striker.
Even simy sef is a better finisher but osimehn work ethic, hardwork, pressing and link up play thumps all of them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Oga because Ajax want okoye doesn't mean he has better reflexes.....uzoho is better than okoye

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Hmm if you say so bro

What do I know

I just feel once a player is a regular at his club then he is fully fit

Ebuehi is a regular at Twente

It takes alot of years for you to recover fully from ACL...some players recovered fully some never did....he is still on rehabilitation mission in twente...a perfect example of a player going through similar situation with him is loftus cheek.
I just pray he recovers fast and move to benefica...cos he is a rare gem

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2021
12large1:

Yap I agree. He should buckle up because with simy, Sadiq and terem waiting on the sideline, our 9 shirt is open for Grabs. As for Chukwueze, when lookman and Kalu returns, he will Rightfully drop to the bench
you are just deceiving yourself. Do you think anyone will snatch number 9 shirt from Osimhen? It is not possible. Someone that is doing well for the national team and won highest goal scorer in qualifier will be drop for sadiq or any other striker. You guys are not honest at all. Listen, as far as super eagles is concerned, there are certain players that will never be drop.... Osimhen, Iwobi, ndidi, Chukwueze. E be like say you nor know say na rohr be your coach. Dey dere

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
12large1:

Lmao. Not under Gernot Rohr.

And I don't think He'll bench Osimhen for any of the guys you mentioned as well.

The same coach that didn't invite them when he needed 1 point from 2 games, I don't think He'll do so for a more important game like the WC qualifiers.

Moreso, he had 5 Goals and 5 Assist from 5 games probably the most Goal contributions in this qualifier. I don't think He'll bench that sort of player for 3 untested guys heading to the WC qualifiers. Buh then it's just my opinion

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
The problem with us is that we like to pull down our players and hype the one that is not even on the list. As long as the player is not playing he is better than the one playing. Imagine someone saying Kalu will drop Chukwueze to the bench. Beer parlour analyst!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2021
12large1:

Not on this form. I will take lookman over him. Even onyekuru sef is better right now. Chukwueze has regressed. Only Ndidi and Zaidu position right now is guaranteed
and monster machine!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
12large1:

Even simy sef is a better finisher but osimehn work ethic, hardwork, pressing and link up play thumps all of them
all this better finisher talk na scam. How many goal simy score for super eagles wen he played? Clinical because he scored penalty for club. Abegee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
smartsmith0907:

100% agree with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
kellycute:
The problem with us is that we like to pull down our players and hype the one that is not even on the list. As long as the player is not playing he is better than the one playing. Imagine someone saying Kalu will drop Chukwueze to the bench. Beer parlour analyst!
No....Goat head peppersoup joint football analyst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2021
@JohnBullSon, you have no idea what you are talking about. And i fear for your knowledge of the game. I believe you are talking about the save in the 64th minute by Maduka. His theatrics made that save look better than it should have. Some goalkeepers will even hold onto that. grin. That being said i fear for your knowledge cos the two scenarios are not the same in any way. Saying they are is quite disingenuous.The save by Maduka was a weak header headed for the corner. There's no way he parries that back into play cos he was a little late to be honest. For the Uzoho save that led to a goal that was ruled offside, that ball was nowhere close to the corner, so it had to be parried back into play. Although I do think he could have done better, i would lay some of the blame on those two defenders that momentarily lost focus and left those two Lesotho players, unless of course, they were creating an offside trap, which could have been the case.
You were all over the place, i have proof blablabla. Sorry, that was terrible proof. Find another.
JohnBullMySon:
Ok, when I watch games especially Naija, I try to monitor players' performance and abilities. Now let me use an example from this last two matches to drive home my point.

Uzoho and Okoye both faced a similar chance to their lower left at close range, medium speed.

Okoye faced a header to his lower left from a Benin player, he parried the ball out for a corner.

Uzoho faced a similar ball to his lower left as well, now instead of parring the ball out for a corner, he pushes it straight to a second Lesotho player who drives the ball straight into the net. Had the player not been offside, it would have been a goal for Lesotho.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
Olulong:

Lmao. Not under Gernot Rohr.

And I don't think He'll bench Osimhen for any of the guys you mentioned as well.

The same coach that didn't invite them when he needed 1 point from 2 games, I don't think He'll do so for a more important game like the WC qualifiers.

Moreso, he had 5 Goals and 5 Assist from 5 games probably the most Goal contributions in this qualifier. I don't think He'll bench that sort of player for 3 untested guys heading to the WC qualifiers. Buh then it's just my opinion
don't mind those beer parlour analyst. They prefer untested players to a player who has been tested and trusted in the national team. Someone that ended the qualifier as highest goal scorer. It is either they are trying to catch cruise or they are just arrogant. Instead of them to be glad they have a trusted number 9 that can help them win game they are busy looking for fault.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
Osimhen at the AFCONQ b
5 games 5 goals 5 assists..

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
kellycute:
don't mind those beer parlour analyst. They prefer untested players to a player who has been tested and trusted in the national team. Someone that ended the qualifier as highest goal scorer. It is either they are trying to catch cruise or they are just arrogant. Instead of them to be glad they have a trusted number 9 that can help them win game they are busy looking for fault.

I am the biggest Osimhen fan on this thread, If not the Whole world cool .... But believe me, after his shoulder surgery, Osimhen has not been 100% clinical. The Osimhen i know would have easily scored a hattrick today... He is that good.

He needs to spend a whole lot of time on personal training to help him come back to the scoring Machine that he truly is.

Nonetheless, Osimhen is the undisputed number 1 CF of the eagles. Even if we change coach today, He won't be benched for anyone else... Others will play supportive roles as usual.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
Thank God someone else noticed it, Iheanacho was often drifting to his wing. The best formations for the Super Eagles with this current set of players are 4-5-1 or 4-3-3.

Tolulopefinest:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2021

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
Danielnino00:
Osimhen at the AFCONQ b

5 games
5 goals
5 assists..

He will surpass this stats in AFCON proper.... Quote me after AFCON cool wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Onuachu's performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIoBLSz-bE8

Please compile Osimhen's Highlights next

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
2 of the three goals Onuachu scored for Nigeria have been half volleys cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
12large1:

This looks like some trash a liquor addict would spew undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
Danielnino00:
Osimhen at the AFCONQ b

5 games
5 goals
5 assists..

according to our in-house beer parlor analysts, he is not clinical and his position is for grab. 5 naira analyst!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
Semi Ajayi, Ola Aina and Joe Aribo have already left camp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
Just need to touch on the second half. What most impressed me was the movement of our players. They did well covering each other and opening passing channels for each other.

However, we still have a lot of work to do.

Iheanacho dropping deep and distributing the ball was impressive especially towards the time he was taking out. He looked well coached.

Ndidi covering gaps at the back was also brilliant.

Etebo showed immense work rate.

Osimhen showed how frightening he is if given room to attack. Rohr needs to work on a system to create spaces for Osimhen.

Iwuala looks a genuine talent and he showed it. I was impressed with his skills but needs to work on his weight. Also his use of players. He looked at ease playing with Ebuehi.

I was over impressed with the tactical movement and awareness of space by Onuachu. He looked like Rodri of Man City playing the attack. Also covered grounds.

Iwobi was so delightful to watch in that second half and looks suited for a possessive playing side.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
smartsmith0907:

He was on a career threaten injury for the Serbia,Poland and England....i remembered talking to him to redraw from the team and try to take of himself from this injury as he was newly signed by benefica but his patriotism and his love for the team won't let him do such...he will always be my best RB for the team anytime anyday.... He is not even fully (100%) fit yet.

Really?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
ChrisKels:

Don't attack him please. Allow him to express himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 11:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
ChrisKels:

hahahaha guy u wiket!. No mind the guy him dey jonz. ROTFL

(1) (2) (3) ... (10408) (10409) (10410) (10411) (10412) (10413) (10414) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), kayburner, Amedino99(m), opes, ouzo1(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.