Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12448358 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10775) (10776) (10777) (10778) (10779) (10780) (10781) ... (16685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
humility33:

Is iwobi playing 10 in this match You're even worse than the coach
its clear he is not watching the match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
Rockyrascal:
not onuachu please. He as been the better forward

Better in what sense

Dude have been missing

The midfield is not existing in this match

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Anago55: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
jihday:
I hope we are all seeing now, not next time Onuachu doesn't get called despite scoring 2 million goals in Belgium nobody should come and form football analyst here o. I think the eagles haven't been very poor, both full backs are limiting our attack plus iwobi on the wings is just waste of space put him in midfield and see ball, when he drifted to the midfield see the quality of ball he gave Simon
. You guys just hate Onuachu for nothing. What do you want him to do with this disjointed team that has no iota of team work or direction?

Don't you see how the cameroonians dictate play in the midfield? Ain't you enjoying their play

After this match if I see anyone hype Rohrbish here,I will curse the person
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
jihday:
I hope we are all seeing now, not next time Onuachu doesn't get called despite scoring 2 million goals in Belgium nobody should come and form football analyst here o. I think the eagles haven't been very poor, both full backs are limiting our attack plus iwobi on the wings is just waste of space put him in midfield and see ball, when he drifted to the midfield see the quality of ball he gave Simon

D high time u guys realize say una coach no get sense, d better..can't u c deir opponent, u can sense some purposeful football in deir team play...

Abeg wetin b our own style
...after 5years, we re still looking for dis answer and u re here blaming onauchu wey dey starved of ball...even though he slowed down an attack,d clear one he got,he made use of it..na d keeper catch am smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
chuks404:

Oga iwobi have been in the wings

ONAUCHU NANCHO

SIMON ETEBO NDIDI IWOBI

Thats how we lined up oga

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
Replace Onachu with a winger, move Nacho to 9 and Iwobi to 10. Do this and we win!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
chuks404:

Oga iwobi have been in the wings

ONAUCHU NANCHO

SIMON ETEBO NDIDI IWOBI

Thats how we lined up oga....

Sorry wanted quote the guy who hates seeing iwobi and ndidi play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
Subzero047:
The people criticizing Onuachu how many crosses has there been in this game, you play Onuachu as a half defender and criticize him for not scoring
not you a Man City fan saying this, what has been his contribution? No pressing, can't run, misplaced passes, man isn't putting in the work at all plus our right wing is dead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nostradamus1: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
humility33:
I am enjoying the Cameroonians free flowing passes
I think rohr is the problem of this team even though our midfield have been non-existent
Calm down and reason na.

How is rohr our problem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
humility33:

Lol....You guys are easily swindled

So because he scored those goals in Belgium you guys thought he is lewan or kane

Someone even argue wit me on whatsap that he is better than kane

I know you will always wait for any little opportunity to slam onuachu

Nobody ever said he was Kane or lewa

You think those goals are easy to score in Belgium ?

Abegi

Una food don ready today

The rantings shall continue after the game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
lloydtruth:

This shouldn't be a reason, Rohr has managed this team for long that he can easily replace his whole starters and still keep the team tactics. All I see here is individual talent, the Cameroonians have clearly outplayed us.

Now someone is talking sense

Rohr no b coach...period grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nostradamus1: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2021
elyte89:

D high time u guys realize say una coach no get sense, d better..can't u c deir opponent, u can sense some purposeful football in deir team play...

...after 5years, we re still looking for dis answer and u re here blaming onauchu wey dey starved of ball...even though he slowed down an attack,d clear one he got,he made use of it..na d keeper catch am smiley
Rohr is playing rubbish abi?

Reason na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2021
IDENNAA:

The same sanctimonious midfielder of Ndidi-Iwobi people revered here ?

I am not watching the game because I am busy but as far as Rohr is concerned this current Super Eagles will be wasted.

As long as Iwobi kept playing 10 you will never play good football.

Make una enjoy another heartbreak and mental trauma....lol

Even though you have been much ridiculed over your stance on the eagles midfield and especially on Alex iwobi's game, but the thing is, a part of me knew on what you always said that it is a case of ''a prophet who has no honour in his own country''

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2021
Second half underway
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
Surebaba01:
Super Eagles Midfield wide pass olosho own
grin grin
Etebo na welder

For the umpteenth time Etebor is not a midfielder and a midfield of Ndidi-Etebor-Iwobi never gelled and will never work.

Ndidi is all about tackles and blocks.
Etebor only possess attacking energy not midfield.
Iwobi na confirm monkey-post kinda give me I give you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
Nostradamus1:
Calm down and reason na.

How is rohr our problem?

Do you expect me to blame the players? Cant you see how organjzed and well the Cameroonians play

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
elyte89:

don't know why you guys keep talking like Cameroon have played anything, for about 20min before their goal we were actually dominating them. Yes Rohr too get fault but some players aren't helping either and Onuachu is a culprit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
Onachu is not pressing.
The Cameroonians became comfortable on the ball cos Onachu was just walking around as he does in Genk.
This is a national team you fight for every ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
humility33:

Better in what sense

Dude have been missing

The midfield is not existing in this match
iheanacho as been missing too. Onuachu poses more threat, he showed it in the first half. He just needs to be fed with the ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
Rockyrascal:
not onuachu please. He as been the better forward
i doubt Onuachu and Moffi partnership will click.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
He gets me loling, mhen. But it looks like their satellite is having problems now�

O pari

minfelix:
Meehn d guy behind d pidgin commentary is very good swears!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
Before anyone at all, we are definitely missing the right tactical approach and some sort of calmness to our game l. We started the game by building from the back within the first 10-15 mins and afterwards abandoned that idea to switch to "route one" and getting the ball to Iwobi or Simon to "try" push an attack because we have zero creativity and no ball-carrying through the middle.
The team for the final 10 mins of the half played like they were in a hurry to make things happen and in the process will give the ball away. From Iheanacho to Onuachu to Collins and even sometimes Iwobi. They really lost the ball at times when they should have made better decisions.

With that said, lots of regulars are missing from Osimhen to others like Chukwueze, Balogun, Zaidu, Ebuehi, Aribo, Kalu, and ofcos a proper midfield conductor.

Hopefully the team steps up in this second half.

minfelix:
Who are we really missing in this match

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
'Onuachu no get fault'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
What did Onuachu just play there? Oga Calm down naa. Better than this, you are.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
jihday:
not you a Man City fan saying this, what has been his contribution? No pressing, can't run, misplaced passes, man isn't putting in the work at all plus our right wing is dead

Everybody knows he isn't the best at build up play, when you don't play to his strengths what do you expect? I said it before no striker will excel with Ndidi and Etebo combo behind him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
DrKlever:
i doubt Onuachu and Moffi partnership will click.
I doubt too. Iheanacho is more technical
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
zoboizee:

Even though you have been much ridiculed over your stance on the eagles midfield and especially on Alex iwobi's game, but the thing is, a part of me knew on what you always said that it is a case of ''a prophet who has no honour in his own country''

Bros , 99% of the people here know the truth but just hate the speaker.

There are a certain people here who exhibit trashy behavior here: one of them is a European football fanatic and only visit here to find company. He never engage in critical analysis but is quick to insult people. The second one is a copy and paste merchant with nothing upstairs but to insult people...lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aodis: 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
Can NFF just get a new coach!!!!! Antonio conte pls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
Anago55:
. You guys just hate Onuachu for nothing. What do you want the guy to do with this kind of team playing with no direction

What Nigeria need is a manager and not a coach. Rohrbish is a calamity

The hate is much

They waited for this day

Very useless set of people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 8:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
Nice shot ndidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Silentgroper(m): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
Dat guy wearing 19 na clown.. Mke we no carry dz kind team enter world cup abeg. It will be shameful to watch. Cameroon has won dz match abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
Iwobi just forgot he was near the touchline. Na wa ooo. Guys relax naa. Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10775) (10776) (10777) (10778) (10779) (10780) (10781) ... (16685) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Elnino9(m), mekabuachi(f), lakesidepapa(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.