Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11595093 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10925) (10926) (10927) (10928) (10929) (10930) (10931) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
Ppogbae:

And fill the team with who? How many Northerners are actually playing professional basketball vs Southerners, especially SE?

Hahaha you don't know these guys, first they will come into administration citing the lack of representation from Northern Nigeria then they will seep down to coaching and from their they will disfigure the system, if you doubt me the Olympic jersey of the basketball team has been seized by Customs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2021
Subzero047:

Hahaha you don't know these guys, first they will come into administration citing the lack of representation from Northern Nigeria then they will seep down to coaching and from their they will disfigure the system, if you doubt me the Olympic jersey of the basketball team has been seized by Customs

Agreed without reservation. Well...let's just enjoy the success while it lasts

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:48pm On Jul 12, 2021
Ppogbae:
We are currently leading 82-58...
nice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:59pm On Jul 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Also give the boys their credit. They each have something to prove. I expect them to keep improving because they know what a good showing at the Olympics will mean to their stock

Who do you think might be dropped from the final list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:01am On Jul 13, 2021
This is what happens when a federal sports organization gets its acts right and there is no politics in team selection

You hire a top class coach (Mike brown) and pay him his emoluments as when due.

You give same coach free rein in choosing his players (Mike Brown's contract includes that clause). No unnecessary quota system

You ensure the players aren't owed. You pay them when you should. No stories, no empty promises

Tell me people, doesn't the NFF get a bigger share of the pie compared to the NBBF?

Don't we have more footballing talents in this country (and abroad) than basketball talents

The answers are clear as day. Pinnick and co have outstayed their welcome in the footballing glass house and I wonder what's delaying Buhari in removing the idiots

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:04am On Jul 13, 2021
Danielnino00:

It's hard to say at this point

They are all working hard .

To think even a good player like OG Anunoby (Toronto Raptors) didn't make this team speaks volumes of the discipline(heard he reported laye to camp and was dropped).

Now, that's how you get foreigners to want to play for Nigeria. Just get your administration right.

Let me see if Victor Oladipo, Monte Morris, Spencer Dinwiddle, Deandre Ayton and co wouldn't want to don the Green and white

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:05am On Jul 13, 2021
Subzero047:

The current president of the NBBF,Musa Kida is from the north.. I'm sure the NBBF has a lot of officials of northern extraction too... If they wanted to fill the team with northerners, they would have done it since. But they can't, and won't, because it would be an epic fail, and they won't have any money to make, you get? It's business....

As for the jersey, I'm not sure where you get the report that it was siezed by customs, but what I read from the NBBF is that they are still awaiting clearing at the Port...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:08am On Jul 13, 2021
Blueelf:

It's hard to say at this point

They are all working hard .

To think even a good player like OG Anunoby (Toronto Raptors) didn't make this team speaks volumes of the discipline(heard he reported laye to camp and was dropped).

I swear, the OG incident pained me.. Was really looking forward to seeing him play for us. he would have added more firepower to the team, especially in defence.. I don't get why Morris was dropped self..maybe he didn't impress enough...
I think Ike Nwannu will be dropped... Still difficult to predict the remaining two...

Now, that's how you get foreigners to want to play for Nigeria. Just get your administration right.

Let me see if Victor Oladipo, Monte Morris, Spencer Dinwiddle, Deandre Ayton and co wouldn't want to don the Green and white
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:12am On Jul 13, 2021
Subzero047:

Mr Man, Mike Brown said without mincing words in his contract that he wants to have 100% autonomy in choosing his players (or he walks). It is obvious from the 15 players in the team presently. Anybody not in the team now can kiss the Olympics goodbye unless there is an injury or death (God Forbid)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:14am On Jul 13, 2021
Danielnino00:

It will be hard for Jordan Nwora to make this team ooo. They are already gaining good chemistry and BTW they just dismantled the 4th ranked team in the world like nothing happened.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2021
In fact, Spencer Dinwiddle has already declared his intent on representing Naija but for his injury, we would have seen him in the team. He is arguably the best player we have in the NBA

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:17am On Jul 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

It will be hard for Jordan Nwora to make this team ooo. They are already gaining good chemistry and BTW they just dismantled the 4th ranked team in the world like nothing happened.

For this reason, he won't

It would also be unfair to the others that have been in camp for weeks now

Although he is a decent player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:20am On Jul 13, 2021
Blueelf:

For this reason, he won't

It would also be unfair to the others that have been in camp for weeks now

Although he is a decent player

Yes but he is at the NBA final. It is like if the super Eagles were waiting on a player at the champions league final. No matter what they play it will be hard to drop such guy. I think his chances are more like 50/50.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:24am On Jul 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Yes but he is at the NBA final. It is like if the super Eagles were waiting on a player at the champions league final. No matter what they play it will be hard to drop such guy. I think his chances are more like 50/50.

Yea, you have a point

But would the rules allow it? I am not sure about this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:38am On Jul 13, 2021
edi287:

Chellini and Bonucci are not only the best Italian CBs around but they are also playing at the highest level.
Ighalo and arguably Moses are not the best in their respective positions.
Besides, no one forced them to retire. They did so voluntarily.

Tomorrow, he will again bring up the argument, and you guys will again engage him.

This is becoming an interesting episode.
And i like it.
It makes this thread a fun place.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:49am On Jul 13, 2021
Ppogbae:

And fill the team with who? How many Northerners are actually playing professional basketball vs Southerners, especially SE?

Forget bro...Nepotism is at its peak right now
He could be right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:49am On Jul 13, 2021
Blueelf:
This is what happens when a federal sports organization gets its acts right and there is no politics in team selection

You hire a top class coach (Mike brown) and pay him his emoluments as when due.

You give same coach free rein in choosing his players (Mike Brown's contract includes that clause). No unnecessary quota system

You ensure the players aren't owed. You pay them when you should. No stories, no empty promises

Tell me people, doesn't the NFF get a bigger share of the pie compared to the NBBF?

Don't we have more footballing talents in this country (and abroad) than basketball talents

The answers are clear as day. Pinnick and co have outstayed their welcome in the footballing glass house and I wonder what's delaying Buhari in removing the idiots

Forget about share of the pie, the NBBF isn't even at the picnic grin. The FG barely gives them anything. They had to take out loans for the FIBA world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:52am On Jul 13, 2021
I don't want to see any Nigerians post these guys when we are a bunch of house burners!! grin cheesy Yakubu still dey fear sef cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:53am On Jul 13, 2021
Ppogbae:

Forget about share of the pie, the NBBF isn't even at the picnic grin. The FG barely gives them anything. They had to take out loans for the FIBA world cup.

Then why cant the NFF do wonders with the money they're getting the players and coaches are owned all the time

I think Pinnick is corrupt too not just incompetent

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:59am On Jul 13, 2021
Blueelf:

Yea, you have a point

But would the rules allow it? I am not sure about this

Yes of course. USA also have players in the finals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:01am On Jul 13, 2021
Ppogbae:

They deserve all the credit in the world. It might not have looked pretty to get there but they now have a competitive team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:06am On Jul 13, 2021
Ppogbae:

Can you imagine?

Chai.

Abeg, make them disband NFF. I don't see their usefulness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:08am On Jul 13, 2021
humility33:

Then why cant the NFF do wonders with the money they're getting the players and coaches are owned all the time

I think Pinnick is corrupt too not just incompetent

Exactly

Its not even news

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:31am On Jul 13, 2021
Subzero047:

It had to do with Custom duties. Blame NBBF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 6:29am On Jul 13, 2021
In other news, Team USA lost again grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
I don't want to see any Nigerians post these guys when we are a bunch of house burners!! grin cheesy Yakubu still dey fear sef cheesy
No mind dem. If Saka missed that while playing for Nigeria at AFCON final. You'll begin to hear shit like "Chukwueze would have scored it" and all sorts of FB banters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:22am On Jul 13, 2021
Blueelf:

Exactly

Its not even news

Hmm; hmm, you and humble sha...

Shey pinnick chop una moni ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:57am On Jul 13, 2021
Danielnino00:

The current president of the NBBF,Musa Kida is from the north.. I'm sure the NBBF has a lot of officials of northern extraction too... If they wanted to fill the team with northerners, they would have done it since. But they can't, and won't, because it would be an epic fail, and they won't have any money to make, you get? It's business....

As for the jersey, I'm not sure where you get the report that it was siezed by customs, but what I read from the NBBF is that they are still awaiting clearing at the Port...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:00am On Jul 13, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I agree, it will be difficult for Mike not to drop him especially with the chemistry the team has been building... Nwora has never really played under Mike before..
But again, it will be hard to drop him because he is one of the best shooter we have.. Especially when it comes to 3 pointers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:02am On Jul 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
No mind dem. If Saka missed that while playing for Nigeria at AFCON final. You'll begin to hear shit like "Chukwueze would have scored it" and all sorts of FB banters.

Compared to bring bombarded with monkey emojis and racist slurs, I'll take a comparison with another player more lightly...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2021
Subzero047:

Are you comparing them based on team achievements and what does Moses did in 2016 have to with the moment?
You get time bro. Sometimes, I wonder if it is a Jambite that is behind that moniker.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

you'll never hear "Chukwueze would have scored it" from Yorubas... you'll only hear it from people who are not Yorubas..

Osaze missed penalty against Tunisia, I don't hear people throwing banters at him..

(1) (2) (3) ... (10925) (10926) (10927) (10928) (10929) (10930) (10931) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.