Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11586437 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (16120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
justiz5:
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Exports: Rabiu,Kalu,Bentley&Eleke Score;Onazi,Otigba&Igboun Play Full
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com reviews the performances of players of Nigerian descent in the leagues in Europe on Sunday.

Super Eagles midfielder Eddy Onazi worked a ninety-minute shift in midfield as Lazio thrashed Palermo 3-0 at the Stadio Renzo Barbera. It was his fourth start for the capital team in the last 15 games in the Italian Serie A.

Out-of-favour Nigeria midfielder Joel Chukwuma Obi played 57 minutes of Torino’s 2-1 victory over Atalanta.

In France, Vincent Enyeama was in between the pipes for the umpteenth time for Lille as they thrashed Elderson Echiejile’s Monaco 4-1. The left-back took an early shower after he was dismissed in the 65th minute.

Former Hungary youth-teamer Kenneth Otigba played the entirety of SC Heerenveen’s 4-2 win over AZ Alkmaar in the Eredivisie.

Bartholomew Ogbeche remains on the sidelines and wasn’t involved in Twente’s 1-0 loss to Feyenoord.Twente winger Chinedu Ede was replaced in the 67th minute.

In Belgium, Anderlecht needed a late winner from Stefano Okaka, who went the distance, before seeing off Zulte-Waregem 2-1. Imoh Ezekiel is still recovering from an injury he picked up while on international duty, so was not in action for RSCA.

Midfielder Anderson Esiti worked a ninety-minute shift for Estoril in their 4-1 loss to Nacional in the Portuguese top-flight.

Chidozie Awaziem played 76 minutes of Porto’s 1-0 defeat to Pacos de Ferreira .He was booked in the 23rd minute.

In the Norwegian Tippeligaen, Manchester City loanee Chidiebere Nwakali was handed his first start as IK Start shared the spoils with Molde(1-1). The midfielder was booked on the hour mark before he was replaced 16 minutes later.

Chuks Akabueze opened his account for this season as Odd Grenland beat Viking 2-0. The ex-Flying Eagles dazzler went the distance in Stavanger .

Suleiman Abdullahi and Samuel Adegbenro played the entirety of the game for Viking and the former was booked in the 29th minute. Teammate Aniekpeno Udoh subbed in five minutes from time, while Usmani Sale was an unused sub.

In the Danish Superliga, one-cap Nigeria international Izunna Uzochukwu lasted one hour in OB Odense’s 1-0 loss to Brondby.

In Sweden, Michael Omoh watched proceedings from the bench as Oestersunds FK beat Hakeem Araba’s Falkenbergs FF 2-1. Ex-Flying Eagle Alhaji Gero did not make Oestersunds’s 18-man squad. Araba played the full game.

Over to Switzerland, Manuel Akanji was not involved in Basel’s 2-2 draw with FC Zurich.

Macauley Chrisantus remains out of favour at AEK Athens. The former Golden Eaglets star sat out the team’s 2-0 win against Panionios in the Greek Super League.

Ex-Flying Eagles skipper Abdul Ajagun played 85 minutes of Levadiakos’ 2-0 loss to PAOK.

Brown Ideye was an unused substitute as Olympiakos extended their record in the top-flight, thrashing Panaitolikos 5-2 away.

Aiyegbeni Yakubu played the last two minutes of Kayserispor’s goalless draw with Antalyaspor. He hadn’t featured in the Turkish Super Lig since December 27,2015 before he was given a run out on Sunday.

Kehinde Fatai came on in the 82nd minute for Sparta Prague as they struggled to beat Pribram 2-1 in the Czech Synot League.

In Slovakia, Rabiu Ibrahim and Samuel Kalu got on the score sheet in the 46th and 76th minute respective as AS Trencin defeated Spartak Myjava 3-1.

Kingsley Madu and Rabiu lasted the distance while the teenager was replaced in the 85th minute. Aliko Bala was an unused substitute.

Sylvester Igboun started and played ninety minutes of FC Ufa’s 1-0 win over Terek Grozny. The Super Eagle has made 19 appearances in the Russian Premier League, scoring three goals. He was yellow-carded six minutes out of intermission.

In the Ukrainian Premier League, Akeem Latifu was in action for 90 minutes as Stal Dniprodzerzhynsk played out a thrilling 3-3 draw with Shakhtar Donetsk. The Nigeria international got cautioned in the 85th minute.

Finally in the Slovenian top division, Dream Team VI hopeful Blessing Eleke rescued a point for Olimpija Ljubljana, scoring in the 90th minute in their 1-1 draw with Zavrc. He has now scored 14 times in the league this term.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18629
[/b]

I really thank God for Onazi because now he can see more game time after his coach was sacked and replaced with Inzaghi. This is what happened to Ajagun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
but your super hero the best current midfielder that ever liveth played 85 minutes but his club lost. what hapin? cry

forgiveness:

i really thank God for Onazi because now he see more game time after his coach was sacked and replaced with Inzaghi. this is what happened to Ajagun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
chrisooblog:
but your super hero the best current midfielder that ever liveth played 85 minutes but his club lost. what hapin? cry

even mikel obi's chelsea lost. so, what do you say about that? cry cry grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
NLban:
[b][size=14pt]
MFON UDOH HAT-TRICK STEERS ENYIMBA TO VICTORY OVER ETOILE DU SAHEL
[/size]

Nigeria Premier league champions Enyimba FC of Aba secured a resounding 3-0 win over visiting Etoile du Sahel of Tunisia in the CAF champions league, thanks to a hattrick from their inform striker Mfon Udoh.

Udoh went home with the match ball by scoring in the 9th,56th and 80th minute to give the People’s Elephant a healthy lead going into the return fixture in Tunisia in two weeks time.

His first came via the spot while his second was a tap in from close range with his third goal coming ten minutes from full time courtesy of a well hit right footed shot.

So far he has seven goals in the qualifying series making him the top scorer in the competition after scoring a brace in Enyimba’s last two games at home against Vipers of Uganda and Vital O’ of Burundi.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/10/mfon-udoh-hat-trick-steers-enyimba-to-victory-over-etoile-du-sahel/
[/b]

Mfon Udoh is one of the most underrated players in Nigerian football and I hope he gets a chance with the Super Eagles.

Every time I watch him play, I am impressed with his style. His touch, grace and skill.

I still remember his combinations with Emem Eduok at Uyo when our home based team played Ghana U23

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
forgiveness:
April 10, 2016 ↔

5 Reasons Why Super Eagles Need Foreign Coach

Siasia opted to start his inexperienced Olympic players Azubuike Okechukwu and Stanley Amuzie which cost the team in Alexandra.

The fact that the author couldn't even get his starting line up right brings his claim in doubt. Also, as far as I remember, Amuzie wasn't even on the pitch in the second half of the match hence I don't see how he cost us in Alexandria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
justiz5:
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive: Manchester City Pass Up Chance To Sign Enyimba Star Mfon Udoh
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that English Premier League moneybags Manchester City have turned down the opportunity to bring Nigeria international Mfon Udoh to The Etihad.

The Enyimba star was proposed to The Citizens by United Kingdom-based intermediary Frankie Stephen, better known as the representative of Flying Eagles striker Bernard Bulbwa.

Stephen has a good rapport with Manchester City higher-ups and helped broker the deal that took Nigeria U20 international Chidiebere Nwakali to City in 2014, and earlier offered his major client Bulbwa to the club prior to his move to CS Sfaxien.

This time around, Manchester City were uninterested in signing Mfon Udoh as he didn’t have the profile of attackers they were in the market for and would have been ineligible to be granted a work permit by the Home Office.

The 24-year-old set a record as the highest goalscorer in a single season in the Nigeria Professional Football League in 2014.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18634
[/b]

Nice try by Frankie Stephens but I think Man City is looking for a high profile player to come in due to the planned departure of Bony.

The main targets I see are Neymar and Griezmann.

Mfon Udoh is a talented lad, better than a lot in the EPL but I feel a move to a club like Braga in Portugal or a Newly promoted EPL side, or an Eredivisie team will be ideal for his growth.

Sad he was missed when he was younger. He has the ability of a good quality player.

Wish the young man the best.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
tglobal:

The fact that the author couldn't even get his starting line up right brings his claim in doubt. Also, as far as I remember, Amuzie wasn't even on the pitch in the second half of the match hence I don't see how he cost us in Alexandria.

Is that the only thing you saw in the article?

Meaning he got his tactics wrong from the beginning and that's what we are talking about

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
mikel has achieved everything in the game so one can overlook his own what has ajagun ''the defender of nigeria's midfield universe achieved'' embarassed embarassed embarassed

forgiveness:

even mikel obi's chelsea lost. so, what do you say about that? cry cry grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
forgiveness:

Is that the only thing you saw in the article?

Meaning he got his tactics wrong from the beginning and that's what we are talking about

Or the writer got his reasoning wrong from the starting. Can't you read what the tglobal wrote?

Amuzie was not on the field in Alexandria when the goal came in. The writer got the beginning of the article wrong, that means, his head was not even in what he was writing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
chrisooblog:
mikel has achieved everything in the game so one can overlook his own what has ajagun ''the defender of nigeria's midfield universe achieved'' embarassed embarassed embarassed

Where Mikel Obi take start em career? cry cry grin For Chelsea?.. The young shall grow. cry grin be patient and avoid witch hunting. cry grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
who's hunting who? you are the one calling your super hero names abi na me call am witch wink cheesy grin

forgiveness:

Where Mikel Obi take start em career? cry cry grin For Chelsea?.. The young shall grow. cry grin be patient and avoid witch hunting. cry grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
It baffles me how someone can not see the unfair advantage Coach Hector Cuper had over Coach Siasia.

Hector Cuper definitely is not owed.
Most of his team play together in their clubs.
He had time to put together his team, work with them and played two friendly matches.

On the other hand, Coach Siasia had few days to work with his foreign pros.
Owed Salary.
He did not have the chance to play friendly games to blend his team.

Then somebody comes and said battered image.

It is ridiculous when Coach Siasia coached the team to put up a good performance against the group leaders and Hector Cuper said he was edgy throughout the game.

That was a good show by Coach Siasia and it can never be a battered image.

Coach Keshi got us into the knock out face of the World Cup and won two games. How many did the Foreign Coach, better than anything indigenous win and at what stage did we leave the tourney?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Is there anyone on this thread who felt Echiejile performed better than Amuzie.

I want to know.

Solace Chukwu pointed that the wing backs did not provide width. I remember Amuzie putting in a cross that the Goal Keeper caught. Did Echiejile put in an accurate cross?

I am sick of the ridiculous highly experience talk. It is so baffling that is the point to play Echiejile.

If anyone feels Echiejile performed better, I will like to know.

What did Echiejile do when he came on that justified a starting position?

Bro thank God I'm not the only one that thinks echejile for Amuzie was a wasted sub Siasia seems not just know how to get his sub's right
First leg he was subbing strikers for strikers wen leading
1-0
Instead of shoring d back
Now he needed a goal he subbed defender for defender
Let Siasia keep handling our junior teams his very good at identify talents home and abroad, and his style to do open camp will help cap all this Anglo Nigerian players we are producing at the speed of light

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Well, I get your point but we won't be conducting the draws. I really hope we are drawn into Egypt's group but that's as far as I go..... "Wish".

I just chose the deadliest of the five to avoid and I honestly think it's Algeria.... Their squad is like another golden generation for them in the mould of the rabah madjers and lakder belloumis..... If they don't conquer Africa with this squad well, they have their U-23s to look forward to led by the mercurial Zinedine Ferhat.

Check out the Algerians:
-Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City)
-Islam Slimani (Sporting Lisbon)
-Sofiane Feghoulli (Valencia)
-Faouzi Ghoulam (Napoli)
-Guediora (Watford)
-Yaccine Brahimi (FC Porto)
-Nabil Bentaleb (Tottenham Hotspurs)
-Taider (can't recall his club)
-El Arbi Soudani (can't recall his club)
-M'bolhi, their goalie.
-Etc....

This is just from my memory.... Imagine what I'll still show you if I dig deeper into that Algerian team.

Civ, Ghana, And CapeVerde.... Well, I don't fancy them as dangerous as the Algerians but they're indeed really huge opponents.

In the end we must meet one of them. So let's brace ourselves and get our team motivated again. We can't afford to remain dispirited for too long.

I'm focused on seeing the best talents we have out there (e.g. kick out Ambrose) invited to come make our World cup qualifying campaign a success and not another journey that will see us hit another wall.

Get the Otigbas, Odubajos, Awaziems, Ebuehis, Ehizibues, Troost Ekongs, Ndidis and many "quality" more in.

After the Olympics, move Emma Daniel up to Eagles no.2 behind Carl Ikeme.

We can still make Russia 2018 if we get our players selection right. That's speaking @ the playing personnel level.

@The Administrative level of our football, I hope Those glass house jokers become serious for once...... At least for this Russia 2018 campaign. Let it be the one thing they get right BEFORE THEY'RE KICKED OUT IN THE NEXT NFF ELECTIONS.

U are on point

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

Bro thank God I'm not the only one that thinks echejile for Amuzie was a wasted sub Siasia seems not just know how to get his sub's right
First leg he was subbing strikers for strikers wen leading
1-0
Instead of shoring d back
Now he needed a goal he subbed defender for defender
Let Siasia keep handling our junior teams his very good at identify talents home and abroad, and his style to do open camp will help cap all this Anglo Nigerian players we are producing at the speed of light

Amuzie injured. I also criticised the change but Amuzie confirmed he injured.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Yes I knw leonardo during his days as a footballer and as a coach at inter milan. Infact, I'll recommend him as a coach for the SE as his style of game fit Naija style of play but the Nff won't contact this type of manager, Na to dey contact one yeye oyinbo coach sad

The same France 98 Ronaldo Rivaldo and Denilson played in Chukwu Nna

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Amuzie injured. I also criticised the change but Amuzie confirmed he injured.

Simon Moses on the bench was madness

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

Simon Moses on the bench was madness

Even though I did not like the line up and I felt it won't work, I understood what Coach Siasia tried to do.

He wanted to use strength and pace on them.

Ighalo and Umar offered strength up front. Both stronger than Nacho. Umar also offered pace, complimented with Victor Moses and Musa who are also very pacy footballers.

Many of us here preferred a more creative approach with the likes of Simon Moses, Iheanacho, Victor Moses and Iwobi.

Coach Siasia did not have enough time, so I do not heap too much blame in him.

It is time we have coaching consistency before we can blame coaches.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

The same France 98 Ronaldo Rivaldo and Denilson played in Chukwu Nna

Yes, Leonardo played in France '98. He wore ten shirt. His style of football is amazing. His time at Inter Milan made me appreciate the power of flicks. He coached Inter Milan to a great run where they moved from the middle table to the second position.

After that, fatigued kicked in, because it was an aging squad and they fell.

Either way, the run was amazing and PSG snatched Leonardo from Inter Milan and made him their technical director.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hahahaha.... by "many" you mean just you and a few others right?
Or maybe it's just you? *winks*

Anyway, I already dropped hints of his shallowness earlier. Maybe you should read between the lines. Not much talk needed. grin

Also, go check out people's comments under Johnny's Article in complete sports and tell me where you saw "many" saying he's on point. Thanks... #smiles

forgiveness:

well, to you he is shallow but to many he is right on point.

out of all what he said can you pls pinpoint on what you think is shallow about the writer's article.thanks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Yes, Leonardo played in France '98. He wore ten shirt. His style of football is amazing. His time at Inter Milan made me appreciate the power of flicks. He coached Inter Milan to a great run where they moved from the middle table to the second position.

After that, fatigued kicked in, because it was an aging squad and they fell.

Either way, the run was amazing and PSG snatched Leonardo from Inter Milan and made him their technical director.

Wasn't that skilfull jhoor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

You think it is beans to wear ten for Brazil?

That is my boss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

Are you talking of Leonardo or his Inter Milan style of play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles coach Yusuf understudying Hearts of Scotland coach
[/size]

Salisu Yusuv in Scotland

Super Eagles assistant coach Salisu Yusuf is in Scotland to update his coaching knowledge, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively report.

The former Enyimba manager is understudying Hearts FC coach Robbie Neilson in order to gain more knowledge about his job.

"Coach Salisu Yusuf is in Scotland now under studying Hearts FC coach Robbie Nielson,” a source in England informed AfricanFootball.com

“He has been there for a week. He was at the club's training to see how things are being done, in fact he travelled with the team for their away game.”

Hearts have Nigeria international Juwon Oshaniwa in their fold as well as Abiola Dauda, who is on loan from Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem.

By Olusola Alao
http://africanfootball.com/news/624939/Eagles-coach-Yusuf-understudying-Hearts-of-Scotland-coach
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ex-Arsenal great Kanu tips Iwobi to do 'wonders'
[/size]

Alex Iwobi

Former Arsenal star Nwankwo Kanu has tipped Nigeria youngster Alex Iwobi will do “wonders” after he grabbed his chance at The Emirates.

The 19-year-old Iwobi has started Arsenal last three matches, scoring three goals and providing three assists.

“He has the talent, he can do wonders in his career,” predicted Kanu, who won several major honours with Arsenal in six seasons.

“He has grabbed his own chance and he is doing well. I’m happy for them.

“Age is on his side and with focus, the sky will just be his stepping stone.

“I am not surprised about Iwobi’s rapid progress after I saw what he could do during Arsenal pre-season.”

The former Nigeria skipper said the young forward will flourish under manager Arsene Wenger.

“Wenger will always give the young players opportunities to showcase what they have and it is left for the players to take their chance,” he said.
http://africanfootball.com/news/624881/Ex-Arsenal-great-Kanu-tips-Iwobi-to-do-wonders-
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
[size=14pt]
Fanendo Adi sets goals records in MLS
[/size]

Fanen Adi

Nigerian striker Fanendo Adi has continued to rise and shine in the Major League Soccer as he set a new goal-scoring record in MLS history as well as a new one for his team Portland Timbers.

The big striker's goal in a 1-1 draw at LA Galaxy last weekend mean he has scored ten goals in his last ten regular season matches in the MLS beginning with his brace on Sept. 26, 2015, marking the most goals in MLS during that span.

Adi's goal in the same game was his fifth career goal against LA Galaxy. That ties for the most goals by a Timbers player against a single MLS club.

He has done same against Real Salt Lake, Valeri has achieved that against Chivas USA, and Darlington Nagbe against FC Dallas.
http://africanfootball.com/news/624904/Fanendo-Adi-sets-goals-records-in-MLS

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Joel Obi says his injury nightmare behind him
[/size]

Joel Obi

Torino midfielder Joel Obi has said he has attained full fitness after his many injury problems.

"The physical problems are behind me and I hope to be fit to give contribute to the team,” the 24-year-old Nigeria international told his club’s website.

This season, he has made seven appearances for his club in the league and played a cup game.

He also said Torino are relieved to record a home win after a long wait.

Torino beat Atalanta 2-1 at the weekend in front of their fans after their last victory at home was on January 16, when they beat Frosinone 4-2.

The former Inter Milan ace said the victory is a huge relief to them as they look to stay up in the Italian Serie A.

"This is a very important victory, it had been so long since we won at home and above all came the consistency we were looking for. It's a success that has boosted our morale and strength to continue to work as we are doing,” he said.

“We have to think of a game at a time, trying to give more and more to win more points.".

They are now 12th on the table with 39 points from 32 matches.
http://africanfootball.com/news/624893/Joel-Obi-says-his-injury-nightmare-behind-him
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
SCANDAL: Slovenian club coach blasts Nigerian Eleke 'black idiot'
[/size]

Blessing Eleke

by Samm Audu

Coach of Slovenian league leaders Olimpija will not be sanctioned even after he racially abused his Nigerian striker Blessing Eleke as “a black idiot” for over celebrating his stoppage time equaliser.

Coach Marko Nikolac racially abused Eleke after Olimpija drew 1-1 with Zavrc at home on Sunday.

Eleke grabbed an equaliser for Olimpija in three minutes of additional time and thereafter celebrated the goal with such aplomb.

The coach insisted that despite his abusive comments, he is not a racist.

The club have also backed him, saying: “This incident will not affect the career of a young and talented coach, who has a bright future ahead of him.”

The club are top of the league table with 59 points from 29 matches, just two points ahead of closest rivals Maribor.

The 20-year-old Eleke has scored two goals in seven appearances for Olimpija after a January switch from another Slovenian club Gorica, where he fired 12 goals.
http://africanfootball.com/news/624884/SCANDAL-Slovenian-club-coach-blasts-Nigerian-Eleke-black-idiot-
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: PINNICK LIED TO FIFA
[/size]

A board member of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) lead by Chris Giwa, Honourable Shehu Adamu has alleged that embattled factional president of the NFF, Amaju Pinnick lied to FIFA in his letter to the world soccer governing body.

Shehu Adamu made this known in an exclusive chat with Owngoalnigeria.com on the NFF impasse following the court ruling that nullified the elections that brought Amaju Pinnick into office as president of the apex football body in Nigeria.

“Have you seen a copy of the letter he (Pinnick) wrote to FIFA? We have the letter in our custody and at the appropriate time we will reveal it for Nigerians to see the lies in it” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“It’s a pity that some individuals can go to any length to rubbish the image of our country, in the letter the lies he told about the minister to FIFA was what lead to the letter of warning but soon FIFA will know the real truth.

“This is an internal matter that can be solved without FIFA’s intervention but those who don’t mean well are trying to make it look like we are slaves to FIFA, they have no say in this”.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/12/exclusive-pinnick-lied-to-fifa/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
NLban:
[b][size=14pt]
SCANDAL: Slovenian club coach blasts Nigerian Eleke 'black idiot'
[/size]

Blessing Eleke

by Samm Audu

Coach of Slovenian league leaders Olimpija will not be sanctioned even after he racially abused his Nigerian striker Blessing Eleke as “a black idiot” for over celebrating his stoppage time equaliser.

Coach Marko Nikolac racially abused Eleke after Olimpija drew 1-1 with Zavrc at home on Sunday.

Eleke grabbed an equaliser for Olimpija in three minutes of additional time and thereafter celebrated the goal with such aplomb.

The coach insisted that despite his abusive comments, he is not a racist.

The club have also backed him, saying: “This incident will not affect the career of a young and talented coach, who has a bright future ahead of him.”

The club are top of the league table with 59 points from 29 matches, just two points ahead of closest rivals Maribor.

The 20-year-old Eleke has scored two goals in seven appearances for Olimpija after a January switch from another Slovenian club Gorica, where he fired 12 goals.
http://africanfootball.com/news/624884/SCANDAL-Slovenian-club-coach-blasts-Nigerian-Eleke-black-idiot-
[/b]

I hope this would not affect Blessing's chances in the club. His agent should move him to Netherlands. Let our boys play in less racist societies.

Very bad development for the promising striker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Giwa promises to free Nigeria football from 'those who have fed on it'
[/size]
Chris Giwa has declared his group will fight to liberate Nigeria football from those who have fed on it and make it investor friendly.

The owner of Nigeria league club Giwa FC is locked in leadership tussle with an NFF executive committee led by Amaju Pinnick and has taken his case back to court.

He expressed confidence he will win this fight.

We must liberate Nigerian football from the clutches of those who fed on it and make it an investor-friendly game,” he said at a media briefing in Abuja.

“We want to assure the nation that this is a mandate we are going to stick to with extreme patience. We have decided to embark on this well-thought-out battle.

“We appreciate the enormity of opposition ahead of us but we shall conquer.”

He further advanced arguments to why they have resorted to the courts to assert their fundamental rights.

“The court was our last resort as respectable citizens of this nation,” he said.

“We had patiently followed all the laid down processes. We got the orders of the court and that gave us the rights and the power to do what we are doing.

“Today, the laws of the land are on our side. We had come to equity and our hands are clean.”

The NFF will stage an extra-ordinary congress in Abuja today and Giwa insisted this will be a contempt of court as the congress has been suspended by the court.

“It has come to the notice of the board that the sacked Amaju Pinick board had invited some persons to Abuja to cause confusion, we wish to alert the public that we shall file contempt of court proceedings on such persons,” he warned.
http://africanfootball.com/news/624962/Giwa-promises-to-free-Nigeria-football-from-those-who-have-fed-on-it-
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I hope this would not affect Blessing's chances in the club. His agent should move him to Netherlands. Let our boys play in less racist societies.

Very bad development for the promising striker.

When Coach Stephen Keshi called some one 'White Dude' he was adjudged been too offensive or racist, while this one this one that racially abused his player, that made sure his team did not loose. FIFA which way na?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (16120) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, kennysville(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.