Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11684856 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16117) (16118) (16119) (16120) (16121) (16122) (16123) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25
Pidginwhisper:
I stopped rating Abbey after that London friendly against Ghana.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

George Abbey played RB why ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:40pm On Apr 25
lelion:
After Yobo is Seyi olofinjana, not Yusuf

What6

Ahhh3my badt, had gone to view it again. you are right sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:46pm On Apr 25
Marjoribanks:
Don't mind the guy jare. Na cry baby! No be the same Pinnick put this guy there?

Point of correction Sir, Gasua is not Pinnick Guy and will never be, it's just like president and VP,

where a VP run to replace his outgoing boss, and that's where it end, thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:51pm On Apr 25
Joebie:
I dey miss Pinnick early era. The guy run things with the private sector wella.

If not for Bubu that appointed a scout as Sport minister, who spend his days in office trying to oust pinnick for his Guy Giwa,

Add to that the Economy going downwards, Pinnick would had perform more than he did,

he is the one who also identify Randy Wuldrum for the SE too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:52pm On Apr 25
Pinnick handpicked Gasau. Pinnick was vocal about his support for Gasua. Who is Gasua before Pinnick selected him? lol.
It is there in the media if you can do your due diligence.
The former vice-presidents were Seyi Akinwunmi and Shehu Dikko whom Pinnick worked against.
do4luv14:

Point of correction Sir, Gasua is not Pinnick Guy and will never be, it's just like president and VP,

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:57pm On Apr 25
Marjoribanks:
Pinnick handpicked Gasau. Pinnick was vocal about his support for Gasua. Who is Gasua before Pinnick selected him? lol.
The former vice-presidents were Seyi Akinwunmi and Shehu Dikko whom Pinnick worked against.

I would not like to go into this, bayou must understand, either he pick a northerner, or its nothing for him, he picking Gasua does not make him Pinnick Guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:05pm On Apr 25
Let me tell you another secret. How do you think I knew Amunike/Finidi will be your Technical Adviser/Coach? And Finidi will be incharge of the list cos of Amunike's antecedents with Nwakali and Nacho? lol
Young man! Pinnick is in charge. Gasau na just figure head!
And that is why the Minister is trying to intervene cos of the not too good friendly results when Finidi took charge!

do4luv14:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:07pm On Apr 25
Pick a Northern/nothing for him? How? Guy rest. You don't know nothing!
do4luv14:

I would not like to go into this, bayou must understand, either he pick a northerner, or its nothing for him, he picking Gasua does not make him Pinnick Guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:40pm On Apr 25
do4luv14:

Was thinking it was Odia, but Odia had braided hair, my mind did not went there at first, till after korede mention him,

yeah that's rightly him, that him blackness dey make me mistake am well we'll for Lawal, only that Lawal number is not 5
Are you sure you know Isaac Okoronkwo because that guy no black as you describe, he's lighter than yobo in complexion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:56pm On Apr 25
Marjoribanks:
Let me tell you another secret. How do you think I knew Amunike/Finidi will be your Technical Adviser/Coach? And Finidi will be incharge of the list cos of Amunike's antecedents with Nwakali and Nacho? lol
Young man! Pinnick is in charge. Gasau na just figure head!
And that is why the Minister is trying to intervene cos of the not to good friendly results when Finidi took charge!

Ok Oldman I surrender, you don win grandpa 😁
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:57pm On Apr 25
zicky:
Are you sure you know Isaac Okoronkwo because that guy no black as you describe, he's lighter than yobo in complexion

Then why is he dat black on the picture, and Tobi is light??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:27am On Apr 26
Goke7:

make una tell Moffi make e avoid Napoli o!
Because?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:49am On Apr 26
Na cry baby coward u be.
Marjoribanks:
Don't mind the guy jare. Na cry baby! No be the same Pinnick put this guy there?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 6:44am On Apr 26
do4luv14:

Then why is he dat black on the picture, and Tobi is light??
Are you referring to Olofinjana or Okoronkwo. Without looking at the pix, whenever I hear Isaac Okoronkwo I remember Afcon 04,Nigeria vs Cameron, how he allow Eto go pass him to score the opener. He's not blackness as you describe him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:53am On Apr 26
So we never employ new coach? What is going on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:03am On Apr 26
forgiveness:

Mr man, you have no idea of what you are saying.

You see when it comes to foot ball I will give it to you but you see politics nah. Will school you Bro

It is fine, let me die the discussion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:06am On Apr 26
do4luv14:

Sunday Dare, does the name rings a bell
what about Allen Onyema, ofcos that too doesn't rings a bell or does it

Sunday Dare? You wanna compare him with this current minister of sports?

Didn't u remember how how the sports ministry handle the commonwealth team the last time?

So far I will pick this Minister ahead of him considering how the ministry handled the recent all africa games.
Nigeria participated in nearly all the events and no issue of bonuses or sponsorship rumble like the last time at the commonwealth under Sunday Dare leadership

Was Allen onyeoma ever a minister under Buhari or Jonathan? Or managed a federal government agency?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:08am On Apr 26
Marjoribanks:
Pick a Northern/nothing for him? How? Guy rest. You don't know nothing!

You're right Pinnick brought this man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:12am On Apr 26
do4luv14:

If not for Bubu that appointed a scout as Sport minister, who spend his days in office trying to oust pinnick for his Guy Giwa,

Add to that the Economy going downwards, Pinnick would had perform more than he did,

he is the one who also identify Randy Wuldrum for the SE too

Pinnick fumbled in the early phases with his choice of coaches but glad he later got it right

His choice of Oliseh was a bad one and the under 20 coach then that agbaya I have forgotten his name. Former Warri Wolves coach

It was not the minister that prevented him for working, Pinnick was so much interested in playing continental politics at CAF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DOptical: 9:45am On Apr 26
komekn:

You need help you are delusional 😭

I simply stated the truth.

That league has churned out a lot of good talents such as Mane, Haaland, Szoboszlai, Dayot, Alaba etc who are far better than most of the players in the super eagles as a matter of fact. Meanwhile, Tijani actually competed at a young age of 18 against the players in that league after he was invited and was then signed. It shows he's always been a talented player.

As I previously said, defensive astuteness and techniques remain the same irrespective of the league. Someone who's got a good ball touch will always have a good touch irrespective of the league. Likewise someone who's defensively astute will always be the same defensively astute player anywhere. The only area one can question in a poor league is a player's goal scoring ability and vision because it could be that the player has got lots of spaces to exploit, although it may not also be the case in all cases (Look at Haaland for example scoring lots of goals in several leaguessmiley grin.. Moreover, it can also implies that such player knows how to exploit spaces quite well).

Anyways, my point is a player's defensive astuteness or techniques will always be the same except if the player wasn't defensively astute to begin with. Tijani is technical and defensively astute. He displayed the same attributes against inter which he dominated in the midfield as a holding midfielder πŸ“Œ Same inter had just recently won the league. Tijani is also rated as one of top youngsters with the top ball recoveries in Europe. He's quite Agile too. What's there not to like? As I said, only fools would cry against the inclusion of a talent in the national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 10:05am On Apr 26
superbloke:

All this drama on top appointing a coach. We just like unnecessary suspense. They should just announce and keep it moving. Even all these news blogs are just churning sensational click baits. Today it's Amuneke, tomorrow it's a foreign coach, the next it's the return of JPes. Anyone who believes these blogs fit get high BP.

Several times it has been stated by this moniker that, THE HYDRA HEADED MONSTER DESTROYING Nigerian football is the National fools federation with no clear cut vision and mission.

What does it take for them to get a coach on time and without delay goes to work immediately? But they are baldish cum slouch, bunch of irredeemable fools.

Mod pls..........

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:07am On Apr 26
villagereporter:

Several times it has been stated by this moniker that, THE HYDRA HEADED MONSTER DESTROYING Nigerian football is the National fools federation with no clear cut vision and mission.

What does it take for them to get a coach on time and without delay goes to work immediately? But they are baldish cum slouch, bunch of irredeemable fools.

Mod pls..........

What happened to the money they got from CAf finishing second in afcon?

Corruption is just too much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 10:23am On Apr 26
Joebie:
As much as I criticized Pinnick at the time, this Gasau na real… make somebody help me give am name.

zOLODO PARAPO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 10:46am On Apr 26
Joebie:
ScoreNigeria reports that na Sports Ministry dey hunt for our coach now. All of them na clowns. 🀑

This story has been debunked. The minister so far has been the best we've had in over a decade.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 10:48am On Apr 26
So after all the time wasting na Finidi dem wan give the job to? Na wa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:51am On Apr 26
Truidstarr:
So after all the time wasting na Finidi dem wan give the job to? Na wa.

Lol this plot twist will b so funny πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:20am On Apr 26
You dey give me PTSD. Muntari wan nearly kill am that day that was unofficially his last SE match grin Surprisingly we didn't play too badly that day especially in the first half. Eguavoen was the coach.

Pidginwhisper:
I stopped rating Abbey after that London friendly against Ghana.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:24am On Apr 26
Joebie:
Na cry baby coward u be.
lol! Oponu!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:40am On Apr 26
E fit be say nff Dey run from april salaries like dt..hence d foot dragging cos I knw understand dem

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 11:51am On Apr 26
chrisooblog:
You dey give me PTSD. Muntari wan nearly kill am that day that was unofficially his last SE match grin Surprisingly we didn't play too badly that day especially in the first half. Eguavoen was the coach.

We lose four nil on that day, even complete sports predicted that we will lose that match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26
Do you know they are rotating the NFF president? Its Gusau or another northerner
Marjoribanks:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:57pm On Apr 26
What I know is, Gasua na Pinnick boy! Both South and North contested!
isan:
Do you know they are rotating the NFF president? Its Gusau or another northerner

(1) (2) (3) ... (16117) (16118) (16119) (16120) (16121) (16122) (16123) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, elyte89 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.