Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11691601 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11076) (11077) (11078) (11079) (11080) (11081) (11082) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
Karo ekong and Dennis all start for watford
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Ejuke is good, but is far from the finished product. Same with Chukwueze.

Both players very strong in their dribbling, but extremely basic in other aspects.

There are better candidates for both wings.

My friend shut up your dirty mouth. Which Nigerian winger is presently a finished product? When you have cerebral dribblers like ejuke and Chukwueze, you should utilize and maximize their talent to your benefit because players like that are special on their day. With the likes of chukwueze and ejuke, you don't really need a 10 just solidify your midfield with energetic players and playmake from the wing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
12large1:

My friend shut up your dirty mouth. Which Nigerian winger is presently a finished product? When you have cerebral dribblers like ejuke and Chukwueze, you should utilize and maximize their talent to your benefit because players like that are special on their day. With the likes of chukwueze and ejuke, you don't really need a 10 just solidify your midfield with energetic players and playmake from the wing
who is this idiot. Watch ur tone on this thread ok.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2021
I just thought to myself, if Osihmen had had a spectacular goalscoring form for Napoli last season, maybe Inter would have considered him as a replacement for Lukaku
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2021
12large1:

Unnecessary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2021
Danycrusoe:
I just thought to myself, if Osihmen had had a spectacular goalscoring form for Napoli last season, maybe Inter would have considered him as a replacement for Lukaku
That still wouldn't have happened, considering the huge investment Napoli made on him, his transfer fees would have collected almost all the money Inter made from the sale of Lukaku.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 5:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
Danycrusoe:
Inter can not afford him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2021
Clint02:
To me, the best winger for Nigeria now is Onyekuru. That guy is very smart,and skilled,he can hold his own against any defender even with his small stature. But many will fail to see this.

Agreed. All of the wingers in Olympiacos are really old, so I believe he will have little competition.

Also based on his showing over the week, his sharpness is still there.

He needs a strong Europa League though, just like Iheanacho, to convince Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
maidaboi:
don't be surprised if Rohr end up not inviting Ejuke

So fucking true... Just like he did to Onyekuru.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2021
Clint02:
To me, the best winger for Nigeria now is Onyekuru. That guy is very smart,and skilled,he can hold his own against any defender even with his small stature. But many will fail to see this.

Onyekuru abyday,anytime for me...
It's a shame he hasn't be able to get a stable club to play...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
jihday:
Moses Simon on the left Ejuke can be an impact sub

I think since Moses Simon is adept with both foot and has great crossing ability, he should play on the right.

Ejuke would have been a strong candidate for the right, but in games where he has been tested there, he was awful for CSKA.

He is a different player, when not cutting in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
Clint02:

Rohr made sure Onyekuru was never celebrated in Nigeria by ignoring him while my boy was flying higher than eagle. Rohr is a curse!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2021
Clint02:

I remember i started this arguments early thus year here before i disappeared fora while. I aee no reason using Simon Moses ahead of Henry or Ejuke just because you want to defend. Why nor just pack defenders fel field. Even Bonfre Jo has noticed this, tht our coach uses the wrong players alot. Thats why we struggle despite our depth.

Ejuke/Henry and Chukwueze, will easily wreck havoc to any defence, but your coach prefer sluggish Simon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
12large1:

Oga must you insult someone prior you expressed your views

Na wa ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
andrew444:

This is just the beginning grin

I tell you with the way Nigerians dey japa now
Years to come Nigerians will make up Canada and many Countries football teams and academics
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2021
12large1:

Chief abeg no need for the insults OK blessings

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
jihday:
Moses Simon on the left Ejuke can be an impact sub

I don't know about you guys but I have seen enough of Moses Simon and I am not quite impressed...Onyekuru and Ejuke should be given more chances.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
IDENNAA:

Rohr made sure Onyekuru was never celebrated in Nigeria by ignoring him while my boy was flying higher than eagle. Rohr is a curse!

Nah. Even Onyekuru himself disagrees with this your accusation.

"I went back to Belgium to play but the coach of Nigeria had to call Anderlecht to ask them to allow me to play even 15 minutes so they could confirm I was OK to play.

"They [Anderlecht] were angry at that [going back to Everton and not having surgery] and also the fact my contract gave me the right to decide if I stayed.

"The new president was mad and was saying ‘who sorted this contract?’ They wanted me to stay one more year but I said no because of what they did stopping me going to the World Cup."

So Rohr was eager to have Onyekuru at the World Cup but Anderlecht refused to confirm he was fit. Rohr couldn't risk bloating his squad with an injured player.

I understand many of us here, including me, don't rate the gaffer, but there's no reason vilifying him unjustly.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
PurpleHouse:

I remember i started this arguments early thus year here before i disappeared fora while. I aee no reason using Simon Moses ahead of Henry or Ejuke just because you want to defend. Why nor just pack defenders fel field. Even Bonfre Jo has noticed this, tht our coach uses the wrong players alot. Thats why we struggle despite our depth.

Ejuke/Henry and Chukwueze, will easily wreck havoc to any defence, but your coach prefer sluggish Simon.
currently Simon is still better than ejuke and Henry

Henry could not even survive in a league Simon is bossing

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2021
Samueltemi337:

That's because he want to the wrong club. Simon picks his clubs wisely, henry doesn't.

At least lets see how it goes now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2021
Samueltemi337:

Nah, mate, that's a very wild deduction for quality.

Henry didn't cut it at Monaco, doesn't mean Henry didn't cut it in Ligue 1.
Depay didn't cut it at United, doesn't mean Depay didn't cut it in EPL.
Salah didn't cut it at Chelsea, doesn't mean Salah didn't cut it in EPL.

Nantes is not Monaco.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ejuke+Osimehn+Chukwueze+Nacho/Iwobi/Aribo=pepper Dem gang
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ekong with a wrong pass to concede Watford's second goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ekong and his lack of confidence. Most of his passes have been terribly wrong, even when unmarked.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Ejuke is good, but is far from the finished product. Same with Chukwueze.

Both players very strong in their dribbling, but extremely basic in other aspects.

There are better candidates for both wings.

You have not noticed his passing, only Iwobi is slightly better than him amid our forwards.
But when it comes to long balls, Ejuke is the best amid our forwards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
lloydtruth:
Ekong and his lack of confidence. Most of his passes have been terribly wrong, even when unmarked.

Ekong look out of place. Lack sharpness and confidence today.

Etebo saw how his opposite number is marking but etebo is lost in the field more than ekong

That guy is just clueless with marking and positioning.

I see why una they call them ekuke

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
Samueltemi337:

Can Monaco consider a player like Moses Simon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
Meliforme:

Can Monaco consider a player like Moses Simon.

Guy calm down Henry onyekuru na flop

Dude can’t cut it in a bad team like Monaco

At this age still bouncing around ( it’s not easy to be fair)

But the guy is not a super star or the next coming of a great dribbler he’s just average at best l. And he’s not proven on top leagues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
Clint02:
Chai Nigeria,a nation that has talents in many fields scattered across the globe,and knows not what to do with them! sad

Like the Israelite, we will return and build our land whn we get a moses/joshua grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
Samueltemi337:

Dem no Dey judge ball like this

Should we also say Moses Simon didn’t cut it at Laliga ?

Memphis Depay didn’t cut it at the epl but he is far better than many wingers at the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
typicalgamer:

Ekong look out of place. Lack sharpness and confidence today.

Etebo saw how his opposite number is marking but etebo is lost in the field more than ekong

That guy is just clueless with marking and positioning.

I see why una they call them ekuke

Etebo is such a talented player full of energy that has been constantly misused. The boy is a forward player not a ffucking DM! He will never excel in that DM position....take this from someone that knows Karo from his early days with Warri Wolves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
typicalgamer:

Guy calm down Henry onyekuru na flop

Dude can’t cut it in a bad team like Monaco

At this age still bouncing around ( it’s not easy to be fair)

But the guy is not a super star or the next coming of a great dribbler he’s just average at best l. And he’s not proven on top leagues.

Monaco is not a bad team ,get your facts right next time

Monaco that came 3rd in Ligue 1 a bad team ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11076) (11077) (11078) (11079) (11080) (11081) (11082) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, Truidstarr, Pidginwhisper, Yachambliss(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.