Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752640 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11073) (11074) (11075) (11076) (11077) (11078) (11079) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2021
maidaboi:
I Can’t Keep Waiting For Holland
To Call Me – New Villarreal
Signing Danjuma Eyes Switch To
Play For Nigeria

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/08/20/i-cant-keep-waiting-for-holland-to-call-me-new-villarreal-signing-danjuma-eyes-switch-to-play-for-nigeria/

No wahala, thanks for being open Mr. Danjuma. You prefer to play for oranje but if they don't fancy you you can make yourself available for major tournaments with Nigeria. Abi?

We're grateful....we love being second choice. undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
Another weekend is upon us and our Naija stars will be at it again from today (Friday: August 20) till Monday (August 23).
Meanwhile we had some Naija lads who shone in midweek football....

Nigerian players who shone across Europe this midweek: August 17-19 (Tue-Thurs)

1. Taiwo Awoniyi (CF) Brace + Assist - MOTM performance (FC.Union Berlin): Played 61mins

KuPs 0-4 FC.Union Berlin (Uefa Europa Conference league Qualifiers - 1st leg, Final round Playoffs)

*3 goals + 2 assists in 3 games (3 starts) in all competitions

2. Yusuf Lawal (Forward) Brace + Assist + MOTM performance (PFC Neftchi Baku): Played 90mins+

PFC Neftchi Baku 3-3 Maccabi Haifa (Uefa Europa Conference league Qualifiers - 1st leg, Final round Playoffs)

*2 goals + 3 assists in 8 games (8 starts) in all competitions

3. Iyayi Believe Atiemwen (FW) Goal (Omonia Nicosia): Played 17mins+ off tbe bench

Omonia Nicosia 4-2 Royal Antwerp FC (Uefa Europa league Qualifiers - 1st leg, Final Round Playoffs)

*1 Goal in 2 UEL qualifying games (Zero starts)

Extra: Shehu Abdullahi also starred for all 90mins+ for Omonia.

4. Leke James (CF) Goal (Sivasspor): Played 72mins

Sivasspor 1-2 FC København (Uefa Europa Conference league Qualifiers - 1st leg, Final round Playoffs)

*2 goals in 5 UECL Qualifying games (2 starts)

5. Taofiq Jibril (CF) Goal (MSK Zilina): Played 81mins

FK Jablonec 5-1 MSK Zilina (Uefa Europa Conference league Qualifiers - 1st leg, Final round Playoffs)

*3 goals in 7 UECL Qualifying games (6 starts)

*3 goals in 9 games (6 starts) in all comps

6. Karim Adeyemi (FW) Goal (RB Salzburg): Played 82mins

RB Salzburg 2-1 Bröndby (Uefa Champions League Qualifiers - 1st leg, Final Round Playoffs).

6 goals, 1 assist in 6 games (6 starts) in all comps.

Notable Mention:

Calvin Bassey Ughelumba Played all 90mins at Leftback and delivered a soundly solid showing as Scottish Champs, Glasgow Rangers beat FC Alashkert of Armenia by a lone goal in the Final Playoffs 1st leg of the UEL Qualifiers. Rohr should consider this lad as the very next guy to challenge Zaidu and Collins for the LB role. He looks ready.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
humility33:

Nerdy you're a very patient person sha and also hopeful...someone like me will not report this news

I guess thats a good attribute from u

Well, I believe every Nigerian Footballer out there deserves a mention from time to time. I understand we would be much more focused on the Top talents and finest players among them especially with respect to building the best and the strongest Super Eagles team we all dream to have but but I think that shouldn't stop the others in less fancied leagues/teams from being talked about.
I mean, afterall, this is the home of everything Nigerian football at home and in Europe especially and with some touchdowns also in Asia, the Americas, Oceania, within Africa and even Antarctica (if a league begins there and has a Nigerian grin ).. and no one should feel left out. wink

So in the end, it's for the showcase of the Power of Naija across the entirety of the football World . Coz na we dey here!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

Well, I believe every Nigerian Footballer out there deserves a mention from time to time. I understand we would be much more focused on the Top talents and finest players among them especially with respect to building the best and the strongest Super Eagles team we all dream to have but but I think that shouldn't stop the others in less fancied leagues/teams from being talked about.
I mean, afterall, this is the home of everything Nigerian football at home and in Europe especially and with some touchdowns also in Asia, the Americas, Oceania, within Africa and even Antarctica (if a league begins there and has a Nigerian grin ).. and no one should feel left out. wink

So in the end, it's for the showcase of the Power of Naija across the entirety of the football World . Coz na we dey here!!

Well said
I get your motivation now
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

When she finish from kwara poly? Hope say she don marry o? Because as a baba Ibeji myself I know want make the lady feel any pressure to marry as her twin brother don marry. How old is she though, maybe I fit link her up.
What did you mean by how old is she? Don't you know the age of Taiwo Awoniyi? If you don't, Google is there for you. You just dey look for trouble where e know dey.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
dymusty86:
What did you mean by how old is she? Don't you know the age of Taiwo Awoniyi? If you don't, Google is there for you. You just dey look for trouble where e know dey.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Home grown African players are underrated and treated like shit.

I disagree ,because simmy didn’t get a move to a top club ?

Simmy doesn’t have a good agent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

When she finish from kwara poly? Hope say she don marry o? Because as a baba Ibeji myself I know want make the lady feel any pressure to marry as her twin brother don marry. How old is she though, maybe I fit link her up.
Loju ara e, o ro pe o smart Abi? cheesy Taiwo de get different age from Kehinde?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Odunayaw:
Loju ara e, o ro pe o smart Abi? cheesy Taiwo de get different age from Kehinde?
cheesy grin grin u no need burst the speaker now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
dymusty86:
But don't you think Kenny's age would provide solid proof that we don stop all this lielie. I remember watching one prominent 9ja player interview and bros talk, I should be 35 in two years or so, I come pause think say, how baba ni fit know im age? Also u saw wikipedia and we all know tha isn't always 100% reliable, so please oblige my request. Thirdly twins can be born at different times o grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2021
wayodude:

No wahala, thanks for being open Mr. Danjuma. You prefer to play for oranje but if they don't fancy you you can make yourself available for major tournaments with Nigeria. Abi?

We're grateful....we love being second choice. undecided

Nigeria is still his home. As long as he plays with passion and devotion, he can change his mind to play for us if given the opportunity. We should welcome Danjuma.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Sevilla have now formalised their approach for Sadiq Umar. They have to pay at least 20m.

His double against La Liga side, Real Betis, have obviously done him loads of good.

Almeria are willing to keep him for another season, if no one meets their valuation.

Sevilla have now completely dropped their interest in Sadiq Umar.

Contrary to earlier reports, Almeria refused to bulge from their 25m valuation.

Club now focused on promotion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
Onazi has returned to denzlispor and they are no more on the Turkish first division
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Nobody go tell you when she finish from Kwara poly

We know what you are trying to do grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

We should not ignore players s in obscure leagues 100%. Terem moffi was in Lithuania just 3 years ago and so good players can emerge from there once in a while.
In particular I'm keeping eye on omojesu in the Latvian league. He has 7 assists in 14 matches. He is a creative midfield talent. I hope he moves to a better league next to season. He had also been in team of the week 3 times. Also remember Tolu arokodare. So they deserve some respect

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Nigeria is still his home. As long as he plays with passion and devotion, he can change his mind to play for us if given the opportunity. We should welcome Danjuma.

Sure he can change his mind, he is the owner of his choices and desires.

What he can't change though is ours.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2021
Imama is enyimba’s first choice to replace fatai Osho but if they can’t convince abia warriors to allow imama leave then they’ll go for finidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I hate all this switch been done on TV or News most of them like Billing, Tosin are to capture the attention of the Danish and English FA and Coaches interest not Rohr if they really wanna play for the super eagles...they know what to do, reach out to Rohr and apply for a change of Nationality with FIFA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Sevilla have now completely dropped their interest in Sadiq Umar.

Contrary to earlier reports, Almeria refused to bulge from their 25m valuation.

Club now focused on promotion.

I don’t think Sevilla where even ever serious when they can get a top flight player for a cheaper amount

Meanwhile Sevilla have signed rafa mir from wolves who played on loan at Huesca last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
jihday:
Imama is enyimba’s first choice to replace fatai Osho but if they can’t convince abia warriors to allow imama leave then they’ll go for finidi

Dont think they're serious well that's for them..
I never wanna see Imama near the super eagles again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
humility33:

I hate all this switch been done on TV or News most of them like Billing, Tosin are to capture the attention of the Danish and English FA and Coaches interest not Rohr if they really wanna play for the super eagles...they know what to do, reach out to Rohr and apply for a change of Nationality with FIFA

My own is that if he wants to play for us and reaches out, we should not push him away.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Good report sir. Just curious is Kehinde Awoniyi a boy or girl? And is she into sports too? Never heard about Taye Taiwo's twin and well I might be wrong but I also thought Odion Ighalo is a twin too cos it seems Odion is a name of twins (not sure). Just curious to know if Kehinde Awoniyi is married and how old is she sef?
Andsungorilla you go pay me o... Abi na Taiwo age you want to detect or you want to marry Kehinde ni.

If na age matter for Nigerian born player I no dey o but Taiwo is quiet young sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

I go play dorime for this maths you dey try find from my mouth. No be me. Go her IG page. Linking Park grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2021
Kog45:
Andsungorilla you go pay me o... Abi na Taiwo age you want to detect or you want to marry Kehinde ni.

If na age matter for Nigerian born player I no dey o but Taiwo is quiet young sha
I no get chest to marry 2 wives ni, I for dey interested grin grin make I talk true, na Taiwo age I dey find grin grin I wish Taiwo all the best and Kehinde too!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
Babajide David scored today in Turkey

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
andrew444:

Nobody go tell you when she finish from Kwara poly

We know what you are trying to do grin
I dey try arrange wife for you now, but I no wan give you cougar now. Na your die I dey die so grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
CONFIRMED: RIVERS UNITED OFFER RABIU ALI N1m a month. salary

http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?p=5691172#p5691172
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
humility33:

Dont think they're serious well that's for them..
I never wanna see Imama near the super eagles again
imama is one of the best in the league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:17pm On Aug 20, 2021
maidaboi:
CONFIRMED: RIVERS UNITED OFFER RABIU ALI N1m a
month. salary

http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?p=5691172#p5691172

I wonder how much he earns at Pillars
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
DrLikita12:

I wonder how much he earns at Pillars
He earns 1M per month at Pillars
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
jihday:
imama is one of the best in the league
Except for the miracle he performed with rangers some time ago...what else bro?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
Umar Sadiq with assist already.. expecting a goal from him too

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11073) (11074) (11075) (11076) (11077) (11078) (11079) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, Oasis007(m), chrisooblog and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.