Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11695334 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11324) (11325) (11326) (11327) (11328) (11329) (11330) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2021
Truidstar:
We are the real fans bro. Come rain or shine we dey. No matter who dey in charge..we dey.

You are nothing like a true fan... You think those of us here who want Rohr out aren't supporting the team? We want Rohr out because we love the team,and he is killing it...he isn't the man for the job...
Your support for Rohr clearly shows that u don't love the team....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2021
12large1:

With Victor Moses we won an ANC on his first try and totally annihilated Algeria and cameroun on the way to 2018 World Cup. Please, respect that man

So Victor Moses is the antidote for Rohr's cluelessness?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:19am On Oct 08, 2021
Danielnino00:

So Victor Moses is the antidote for Rohr's cluelessness?

I just weak

Some people sha even worse pass rohr

The team only needs a good playmaker that spread passes and connect the midfield with the attack from the middle and with good tactics we are good to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2021
Why Gernot Rohr Should Have Chosen His Words Carefully After Super Eagles Loss To The Wild Beast

To whom much is given, much is also expected in return. After losing to the wild Beast of Central African Republic, the Super Eagles Gaffer was caught putting blames on some situations that were responsible for Nigeria's loss in the FIFA 2022 World Cup qualifier, in his post match interview.

In an interview with Goal, the German tactician revealed that the Super Eagles Team missed Alex Iwobi's creativity and Wilfred Ndidi's Midfield magic. He stressed that, the absence of these key Players was no doubt part of what contributed to the loss of the vibrant Eagles, that wasted many chances in front of the wild beast's goal area.

No matter how bad a Team performed, the Manager mustn't attribute or lay claims against or to favour any Player on duty or absent during the match in question. Managers are appointed to source for and Coach Players they accept into the Team they manage or tutor.On Gernot Rohr's case, picking out Ndidi and Iwobi would certainly make other Players feel inferior, especially those he played 'in positions' to replace these 2 Players against the Wild Beast of Central African Republic. Coaches are there to manage the resources they have for a particular Match, in order to bring out the best in the Team for honour and Glory of whatever they stands for. If Rohr had won this game for Nigeria, he wouldn't have remembered to mention Iwobi and Ndidi, but his lack of focus and professional touch brought out this unprofessional statements.

The Eagles lost at the dead minute of the game, via a defensive blunder that was made possible by fatigue and Coach's inability to charge the Eagles during the dying period of the game. Part of Rohr's responsibility was to put in place defenders that could pin down a moving counter attack when his Team was on an attacking spree against the opponent but he has shown in his words that,those he put in Iwobi and Ndidi's positions were there because he never had any CHOICE, which is against his duty of sourcing for the right legs in different departments of the Team.

No Barcelona's coach has been caught directly, saying that they lost because Messi was not on the field and there was never a time any Real Madrid or Juventus' manager openly apportioned blames on the circumstance that stopped Ronaldo from featuring in the team's loss, they rather do proper analysis or avoid the press. The German Coach Could have done better than placing the 2 Players above others openly. Nigeria lost 0-1 to Central African Republic but still top the Group Table by 6 points after 3 matches.

Is Gernot Rohr saying that there are no better legs that could replace Iwobi and Ndidi in the Super Eagles team, both in Europe or in the Nigeria professional League? Maybe he's ageing and the time to leave Football is close or do you think he was right with his excuses? Follow for more Football stories.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:29am On Oct 08, 2021
typicalgamer:

As if you can do any better ! As head coach.

You’re the one running away from your own statement, I checked and ndidi got nothing on kante a dm Fernandinho that year.

Just agree and take the word players so what they are average at best, none of them is a superstar.

No blame coach if aina can’t cross, even if his life depended on it.

No contradict yourself oga, rohr is not top tier so are our players too.

No relevant words here. just garbage....Garbage from somebody desperate to defend failure...
If our players were so shite, they won't be playing in top tier leagues... And our sqaud won't be so highly valued...

I'm very sure you would have said the same thing of Algeria when they were on a poor run of form between 2015-2017 until they hired a more compete coach...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2021
Nostradamus1:
Balls to tell them.

Those tactics could have worked with better execution. The plan was to use long balls and throwings to the winger to upend their low block . sadly, we didn't have people like VVD who do it for Liverpool.

We sadly forget that top team struggle to score against low blocks so u need long passes to ur forward. If it was not working , what were u expecting from Rohr to do next considering the absence of quality AM?

He did the reasonable thing by bringing in attacker who can create in Musa. That it didn't work out is not due to any RoHr tactical inefficiency

Musa is an attacker who can create? LMAO...
I've read it all..

Like it was opinioned before, anybody trying to defend Rohr will only look more stupid....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2021
Danielnino00:

You are nothing like a true fan... You think those of us here who want Rohr out aren't supporting the team? We want Rohr out because we love the team,and he is killing it...he isn't the man for the job...
Your support for Rohr clearly shows that u don't love the team....
Moaning and ranting is not gonna change anything. Rohr is your coach deal with it. You have USD 1.2m to pay him for his contract termination? The team has my full support no matter who is in charge. Sunday is another day. Peace.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2021
Danielnino00:

No relevant words here. just garbage....Garbage from somebody desperate to defend failure...
If our players were so shite, they won't be playing in top tier leagues... And our sqaud won't be so highly valued...

I'm very sure you would have said the same thing of Algeria when they were on a poor run of form between 2015-2017 until they hired a more compete coach...

Our players so valued � grin grin

What a world of make believe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2021
Goal couldn't resist cheesy ..
See the emphasis placed on the difference in squad depth....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2021
Danielnino00:
It's good na,Rohr has succeeded in ridiculing us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2021
typicalgamer:

Our players so valued � grin grin

What a world of make believe.

It isn't make believe...it is reality...

There's a team of experts all over the world that place valuation on players based on their performance and relevance... And our players are well valued... Unless you want to tell me that the people who made that valuation are the players agent...

Under no circumstances should we be losing to a team like CAR who haven't won a game in 3 f**king years!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
The long balls were too much my eyes got heavy. As I close my eyes, I can still see Balogun playing another long ball to Osimhen that will never get to him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 10:06am On Oct 08, 2021
Imagine playing long balls against CAR at your home. That should be the height of it.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2021
seankafor:
Guys relax, you loose some,you win some

If we can get 3 points in Cameroon, we re good to go cool

Proudly GWG kiss
How are we going to fare if/when we advance to the knockout round and the World Cup with the highly incompetent Gernot Rohr still in charge. That is the main issue Mr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2021
I just allow everyone rant In peace yesterday

Nigeria will qualify for next round ,but I have already said if we are not careful we won’t qualify for the World Cup ,but I believe we will scale through .

At least onuachu did not play for many Warey here to wrongly accuse and pour their frustrations on grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:37am On Oct 08, 2021
Danielnino00:
CAR will pay dearly for this on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2021
Lool...those long balls might have worked for Onuachu. cheesy

andrewbaba44:

Nigeria will qualify for next round ,but I have already said if we are not careful we won’t qualify for the World Cup ,but I believe we will scale through .

At least onuachu did not play for many Warey here to wrongly accuse and pour their frustrations on grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

So if a team decides to play with a low block, do you think it is advisable to try to break them down with long balls from the defense? grin

Wa lai, this Rohr is a comedian. cheesy

Playing long balls to a low block defense is playing to their advantage. You use long balls against teams pressing you. You use long balls to exploit gaps when a team has lost shape in their defensive third.

When a team plays a tight low block, you use intricate passing to put them in disarray, create gaps, and exploit the gaps.
All this your PES analogy. I'm yet to watch any meaningful game where the other team came to defend and not play. Its huff and puff and the last hoorah

Now, don't come at me with club games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

If we like..let's beat dem 100-0 come on Sunday..DT won't change d stance DT rohr no be am grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2021
Danielnino00:

This one pass cucumber farmers from Moldova beating Madrid

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2021
cc12:
Lool...those long balls might have worked for Onuachu. cheesy

Maybe

But i am still glad he didn’t play ,if those yeye long balls with no direction fails to work they will blame him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:

U re right...don't b surprise some might still blame onauchu later for not sitting well on d bench grin grin grin.anything to blame onauchu is welcomed cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2021
When your midfield is thin and without any creativity? C.A.R. would repeat the same tactics they used against the Super Eagles in Lagos and might end up getting a draw . C.A R. have nothing to lose if the country loses or draws.
JohnBullMySon:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2021
cc12:
When your midfield is thin and without any creativity? C.A.R. would repeat the same tactics they used against the Super Eagles in Lagos and might end up getting a draw. C.A R. have nothing to lose if the lose or draw.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2021
cc12:
When your midfield is thin and without any creativity? C.A.R. would repeat the same tactics they used against the Super Eagles in Lagos and might end up getting a draw . C.A R. have nothing to lose.
No be so Benin de play. I remember Morocco struggling against Benin at afcon. Renard too no know book ba

Toh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:47am On Oct 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:

No be only Onuachu, If na Maduka dey for goal, we know wetin dem for talk grin grin

You watched the match right? TBH were we bad as team, as many people claim here?

My only problem is that we become disorganized close to goal when we are not counter attacking. Whenever a team parks bus against us, It becomes difficult for us to attack. I will also attribute luck here. Somehow even all with all the good crosses we had, we hardly turned one into a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:47am On Oct 08, 2021
elyte89:

U re right...don't b surprise some might still blame onauchu later for not sitting well on d bench grin grin grin.anything to blame onauchu is welcomed cool

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2021
Nigeria will draw the second leg, rohr will be fired! Qed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
No be only Onuachu, If na Maduka dey for goal, we know wetin dem for talk grin grin

You watched the match right? TBH were we bad as team, as many people claim here?

My only problem is that we become disorganized close to goal when we are not counter attacking. Whenever a team parks bus against us, It becomes difficult for us to attack. I will also attribute luck here. Somehow even all with all the good crosses we had, we hardly turned one into a chance.

I watched the game and it wasn’t interesting

There was hardly a shot on target for naija ,to even give simple pass Dey hard naija
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2021
Sometimes when I hear these ex-internationals speak, I just shake my head undecided undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I watched the game and it wasn’t interesting

There was hardly a shot on target for naija ,to even give simple pass Dey hard naija

Baba no c person support am to support rohr..he dey find person grin grin
Mr johnbullmyson; just admit DT rohr is tactically ineptitude grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11324) (11325) (11326) (11327) (11328) (11329) (11330) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), kingphilip(m), chrisooblog, elyte89, charlesemeka85(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.