Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671285 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11459) (11460) (11461) (11462) (11463) (11464) (11465) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

I didn't say you wanted him back... My problem with you is calling anybody who bring up the issue of him lacking commitment a liar,when the facts on ground say otherwise...

Was it the same personal issue that made him retire that also made him to be cherry picking games for the super eagles? Why is the personal issue not interfering with his club football?
We were all here when news went around that Moses refused to play as a wingback during the world cup and they had to beg him...

Moses is a committed player to the eagles and always give his best on the field when it matters

This Na the koko .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
DefHQ:
Unbelievable how racist chants against our own Osimhen during the Roma vs Napoli game have largely gone unnoticed here..

Please we need to show our boy some love..

Those Italians are hypocrites
They got black players too but instead they picked napoli players for racist chants

Good this players come to understand that this racist chants are more of psychological control over opponent players performance and mental well being
It's a case of saying if we can beat them lets put them through emotional or psychological trauma to throw them off balance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Moses is a committed player to the eagles and always give his best on the field when it matters

This Na the koko .
Daniel made a point and even give instances

Whats yours? A player that choose to retire prematurely not even on health or psychological grounds should has his commitment questioned

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
humility33:

Whats yours? A player that choose to retire prematurely not even on health or psychological grounds should has his commitment questioned

Gbam!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
humility33:

So anyone that retires prematurely is not committed ?

Can you even listen to yourself

Should I even give you list of players who retired from international football earlier ? I guess you will also say that those ones aren’t committed to their national teams

Moses Dey super eagles una go always complain ,Moses retire una say e no Dey committed , you guys should try and make sense abeg

Una Kuku plenty wey to always Dey against Moses for anything

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2021

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
elyte89:

Rohr shld invite dis guy and not 17year old German we havnt seen play undecided

DONT MIND HIM...ANYTHING GERMAN ATTRACTS HIM

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Clint02:
What's the said player's name?
His name is Uche Obiogumu born in Benin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
witorwitoutyou:

DONT MIND HIM...ANYTHING GERMAN ATTRACTS HIM
He's Nigerian

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
What exactly does Igahlo add that we are already lacking?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
Amoo is not a creative midfielder. None of these guys is better than Aribo and Iwobi. He plays on the right side of midfield
elyte89:

Rohr shld invite dis guy and not 17year old German we havnt seen play undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lyricaldaboss(m): 11:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ok here is how the SE should play IMO
I'm not a coach, but Ted Lasso is not a coach either grin
As for Rohr, he thinks he still coaching Niger, so

3 -5 -2

Goalkeeper
Maduka Okoye

Defenders
Troost Ekong
Balogun
<please insert a defender>

Midfield
Ndidi
Iwobi
Aribo
Moses Simon
Awaziem

Attack
Iheanacho
Oshimen

Sub
Ahmed Musa <last 10minutes if looking for a goal>

If they play this system and allow Iheanacho to set up Oshimen, like he does for Leicester, Oshimen will score multiple goals a game

Find a rugged defender to complement Oyingbo wall, will see us conceding less silly goals

Ok, pundits and analysts, what do y'all think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 12:19am On Oct 26, 2021
andrewbaba44:

So anyone that retires prematurely is not committed ?

Can you even listen to yourself

Should I even give you list of players who retired from international football earlier ? I guess you will also say that those ones aren’t committed to their national teams

Moses Dey super eagles una go always complain ,Moses retire una say e no Dey committed , you guys should try and make sense abeg

Una Kuku plenty wey to always Dey against Moses for anything
I'll have to disagree with you, Moses' commitment has always been questionable even when he was cleared by FIFA to play for Nigeria it still took him a year to honor a call up from Keshi citing personal reasons despite being fully fit for Wigan. He was talented and did well for SE but I think he should enjoy his retirement.
Here are links to some of his excuses

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/sports/75354/wigan-winger-victor-moses-undecided-over-nigeria.html

https://dailypost.ng/2017/03/22/rohr-angry-victor-moses-withdrawal-friendlies/

https://gulfnews.com/sport/football/victor-moses-withdraws-from-nigeria-squad-1.1595359

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:29am On Oct 26, 2021
lyricaldaboss:

3 -5 -2

Goalkeeper
Maduka Okoye

Defenders
Troost Ekong
Balogun

Midfield
Ndidi
Iwobi
Aribo
Moses Simon
Awaziem

Attack
Iheanacho
Oshimen

Sub

If they play this system and allow Iheanacho to set up Oshimen, like he does for Leicester, Oshimen will score multiple goals a game

Find a rugged defender to complement Oyingbo wall, will see us conceding less silly goals

Honestly, it depends on our opponent. For example, if we’re playing an inferior team (FIFA ranking wise) it’s unacceptable to play a defensive 352 and bench attacking superstars like ejuke, chukwueze…… but, if we’re playing a superior team (fifa ranking wise) 352 can be adopted. Also, remove awaziem for zaidu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:10am On Oct 26, 2021
This upcoming AFCON may not be competitive. Teams that'll get eliminated in the 2nd round of world cup qualifiers may not feel motivated to play at all in the tournament.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 6:16am On Oct 26, 2021
skallion7:
His name is Uche Obiogumu born in Benin
Alright,thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:10am On Oct 26, 2021
lyricaldaboss:

3 -5 -2

Goalkeeper
Maduka Okoye

Defenders
Troost Ekong
Balogun

Midfield
Ndidi
Iwobi
Aribo
Moses Simon
Awaziem

Attack
Iheanacho
Oshimen

Sub

Perfect

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2021
Uche Obiogumu has 5 goals and 5 assists in 7 matches for Hoffeinheim under 18s,wow

But he is listed as a left winger on transfermrkt

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:54am On Oct 26, 2021
nairalandankrah:

You're not using calculators these days during qualifiers largely due to the administration of same pinnic you're calling clueless.

Please argue objectively..
If you dont know where we used to be, you'll never appreciate where we are right now.. We've made remarkable progress since amaju took over

We are not using calculators despite Amaju Pinnick, not because of him. His administration has dragged us back in many ways. Thanks to the investment of previous administration. Without Maigari raising the likes of Nacho, Ndidi and Osimhen, Pinnick would be lying on the ground begging Tammy Abraham and Billing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:01am On Oct 26, 2021
Kog45:
Thank you my bro....

I have been watching eagles since Afcon 1980 and I think I should be in a position to say it as regards experience and rookies.

What most coaches are after is quality of a team and the only way out is to file out your best players regardless of their age.

Sunday Oliseh came into eagles in 1993 and sent out experienced Friday Ekpo from the team.

Austin Okocha came in 1993 and cemented his place in the team.

Finidi George a rookie was a used sub replaced misfiring Austin Eguavoen against Burkina Faso and made three assists.

Ajibade Babalade was a rookie who shown brilliantly in Senegal 92.

Emma Amuneke was a rookie and did well at Tunisia 94 in just a match,scoring a brace.

Sunday Mba a rookie gave us Afcon 2013 and rookies Omeruo and Oboboana sent experienced Yobo to the bench.

Keshi a rookie and a captain with his set of rookies were wonderful at Ivory Coast Afcon 1984.

Clemens Westerhoff went to Algiers 1990 with rookies and did well.

You forgot Aghaghowa (Agha Wonder) in. AFCON 2000 against Senegal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2021
humility33:
Pinnick is in the UK currently
Instead of him to use the opportunity to meet with Olise and see how he can get him invited for the next game even if he dont get to play

The man is busy talking of Ighalo return.
Sometimes i wonder if this men know and can analyse football

It is only one with low football Intelligence quotient that won't understand the problem with the super eagles from our last 2 matches is dearth of midfield creativity

C'mon this things are obvious now
Sometimes, I wonder how you lots think on this Forum sometimes??
So you want Pinnik to be showing/posting his everyday move on the internet for all to see??
If he goes to Mr. A, he snaps pictures and tell you.
Goes to Mr. B, snap pictures and post, abi?
If not for the pictures posted online would you know he was on visit to UK, talk less meeting with the players?
Be guided bro, something are better kept secret till they mature.
Just the same way he met Abraham...after those lengthy and assuring discussions, what was the outcome??
A man who calls himself a Man must have a level of decency coupled with oath of secrecy, that put you ahead of your peers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04am On Oct 26, 2021
Napoleon55:
This team even need mikel more than ighalo,

It won't happen because Mikel questioned Rhor's tactical use of Iwobi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:08am On Oct 26, 2021
Parrot69:

Sometimes, I wonder how you lots think on this Forum sometimes??
So you want Pinnik to be showing/posting his everyday move on the internet for all to see??
If he goes to Mr. A, he snaps pictures and tell you.
Goes to Mr. B, snap pictures and post, abi?
If not for the pictures posted online would you know he was on visit to UK, talk less meeting with the players?
Be guided bro, something are better kept secret till they mature.
Just the same way he met Abraham...after those lengthy and assuring discussions, what was the outcome??
A man who calls himself a Man must have a level of decency coupled with oath of secrecy, that put you ahead of your peers.

If Pinnick no snap dey say he's not doing anything, if he snaps they say he is advertising his moves and not doing it codedly grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:13am On Oct 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

We are not using calculators despite Amaju Pinnick, not because of him. His administration has dragged us back in many ways. Thanks to the investment of previous administration. Without Maigari raising the likes of Nacho, Ndidi and Osimhen, Pinnick would be lying on the ground begging Tammy Abraham and Billing.
in as much as you try to down play pinnick efforts in your statement his administration as been pretty good and his willingness to see the team succeed at all cost his glaring for all to see yes he has his flaws but pinnick has contributed in one way or the other to make the super eagle looks better and he took over 2014 so remove osimehn from maigari era, osimehn is 2015 set and nff president don't take praises for raising players give that to the coaches and scouts who discovered them, pinnick's work is majorly in the glass house Which is ment for administration. Even the maigari you where trying to give the credit to was sacked Base on “financial misappropriation, misapplication and maladministration”.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Oct 26, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
in as much as you try to down play pinnick efforts in your statement his administration as been pretty good and his willingness to see the team succeed at all cost his glaring for all to see yes he has his flaws but pinnick has contributed in one way or the other to make the super eagle looks better and he took over 2014 so remove osimehn from maigari era, osimehn is 2015 set and nnf president don't take praises for raising players give that to the coaches and scouts who discovered them, pinnick work is majorly in the glass house Which is ment for administration. Even the maigari you where trying to give the credit to was sacked Base on “financial misappropriation, misapplication and maladministration”.

First of all, I was a very vocal critique of Maigari. I felt we could have done more but my praise for him was vision and continuity.

Now to Pinnick. In as much as the U17 success of Amunike's team happened under his administration, the vision goes to Maigari.

Amunike took over as coach of the U17 in February 2014, Amaju Pinnick came in September 2014.

Pinnick himself abandoned them to the point they flew out for he tournament wearing slippers. With little to no welfare or kits. Even the embassy had to cater for them and the coaches bought coats from allowances given by FIFA.

So, I repeat, their success and the success today is despite the challenges that came from Pinnick. Not because of him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:29am On Oct 26, 2021
humility33:
Pinnick is in the UK currently
Instead of him to use the opportunity to meet with Olise and see how he can get him invited for the next game even if he dont get to play

The man is busy talking of Ighalo return.

Sometimes i wonder if this men know and can analyse football

It is only one with low football Intelligence quotient that won't understand the problem with the super eagles from our last 2 matches is dearth of midfield creativity

C'mon this things are obvious now

You talk too much.
You seem to follow him about in the UK to know who he has spoken to and who he hasn't.

This is very low.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2021
Subzero047:

If Pinnick no snap dey say he's not doing anything, if he snaps they say he is advertising his moves and not doing it codedly grin

that's the truth of the matter, we fans are never satisfied,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:34am On Oct 26, 2021
Meliforme:

You talk too much.
You seem to follow him about in the UK to know who he has spoken to and who he hasn't.

This is very low.

have you seen it now, if I should quoted him with facts, he will label me a Pinnick aslicker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, I was a very vocal critique of Maigari. I felt we could have done more but my praise for him was vision and continuity.

Now to Pinnick. In as much as the U17 success of Amunike's team happened under his administration, the vision goes to Maigari.

Amunike took over as coach of the U17 in February 2014, Amaju Pinnick came in September 2014.

Pinnick himself abandoned them to the point they flew out for he tournament wearing slippers. With little to no welfare or kits. Even the embassy had to cater for them and the coaches bought coats from allowances given by FIFA.

So, I repeat, their success and the success today is despite the challenges that came from Pinnick. Not because of him.
he never totally abandoned them like you claimed, you can't tell me you didn't know about the crises rocking the glass house then and pinnick him self hasn't stamp his foot in nff then because the giwa's case was still hanging on his neck, even at that he still travel to Chile to do the best he can to support the team. And the success today as something to do with him because he has done some commendable stuff to make the current super eagle better and appealing to some extent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11459) (11460) (11461) (11462) (11463) (11464) (11465) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mank1234(m), Napoleon55(m), chuks404 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.