Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648712 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11458) (11459) (11460) (11461) (11462) (11463) (11464) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
zuchyblink:
I am not against the selection of rookies and inexperienced players,there should be experienced players to guide them. Imagine our 2013 squad without Enyeama and Mikel
...okay imagine that team without rookie Sunday Mba and Oboboana.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Even the blind knows that our problem is our midfield! Too many power horse, but no brain! We need a dictator! That's y Algeria over powered us @d last Nation's cup

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kog45:
...okay imagine that team without rookie Sunday Mba and Oboboana.
See rookie like Mba that gave us the winning goal (Individual brilliancy) against Ivc and the winning goal against Burkina! There is nothing like rookies.... Their club is their exposure

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Melvinity:

See rookie like Mba that gave us the winning goal (Individual brilliancy) against Ivc and the winning goal against Burkina! There is nothing like rookies.... Their club is their exposure
Thank you my bro....

I have been watching eagles since Afcon 1980 and I think I should be in a position to say it as regards experience and rookies.

What most coaches are after is quality of a team and the only way out is to file out your best players regardless of their age.

Sunday Oliseh came into eagles in 1993 and sent out experienced Friday Ekpo from the team.

Austin Okocha came in 1993 and cemented his place in the team.

Finidi George a rookie was a used sub replaced misfiring Austin Eguavoen against Burkina Faso and made three assists.

Ajibade Babalade was a rookie who shown brilliantly in Senegal 92.

Emma Amuneke was a rookie and did well at Tunisia 94 in just a match,scoring a brace.

Vincent Enyeama a rookie from NPFL made one of the best save at 2002 WC against England and retired Shorunmu.

Sunday Mba a rookie gave us Afcon 2013 and rookies Omeruo and Oboboana sent experienced Yobo to the bench.

Keshi a rookie and a captain with his set of rookies were wonderful at Ivory Coast Afcon 1984.

Clemens Westerhoff went to Algiers 1990 with rookies and did well.

18 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Efe Ambrose, Victor Mosis, Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, John Ogu I believe are still playing, should they be invited too? Make Ighalo borrow himself sense, dem wan lure am come 9ja so they go punish am for speaking out during the SARs process and saying shame on you Nigerian govt. DSS go just hook am straight. Tell him not to rejoin the SE o, na bait o, if you know him , this is a matter of urgency!!!!!!!!! Delay is dangerous!!!!!!!!!

Stop saying what you don’t know

Ighalo has been visiting naija on a steady after the end sars protest ,no be everything be politics

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
Melvinity:
Even the blind knows that our problem is our midfield! Too many power horse, but no brain! We need a dictator! That's y Algeria over powered us @d last Nation's cup

We don’t have a good coach

Na una carry number 10 for head

We don’t really have a problem if must be sincere here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Stop saying what you don’t know

Ighalo has been visiting naija on a steady after the end sars protest ,no be everything be politics
Na dis kain arrest go sweet pass. I no wan make e rejoin our team jare.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
Was it rohr that wanted ighalo recalled or pinnick?
No coach will have osimhen and iheanacho as first choice forwards,n still want to sacrifice a slot that belong to either awoniyi,or onuacho for ighalo in d name of experience.

Taking any of awoniyi,sadiq,mofi and dennis to AFCONA will benefits us more than recalling ighalo.

Ighalo is not the kind of player that need recalling,he is not a superstar.

Superstars in mold of zidan,messi,ronaldo r d kind of players one can b sure when u recalled them it would paid off,not d likes of ighalo.

Instead of wasting a slot for ighalo,use it 4 a rookie,so that d rookie will garner experiece that would help him in d future.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Na dis kain arrest go sweet pass. I no wan make e rejoin our team jare.

Same here I don’t want him to rejoin

But saying he will be arrested is all false
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
This team even need mikel more than ighalo,

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
Napoleon55:
Was it rohr that wanted ighalo recalled or pinnick?
No coach will have osimhen and iheanacho as first choice forwards,n still want to sacrifice a slot that belong to either awoniyi,or onuacho for ighalo in d name of experience.

Taking any of awoniyi,sadiq,mofi and dennis to AFCONA will benefits us more than recalling ighalo.

Ighalo is not the kind of player that need recalling,he is not a superstar.

Superstars in mold of zidan,messi,ronaldo r d kind of players one can b sure when u recalled them it would paid off,not d likes of ighalo.

Instead of wasting a slot for ighalo,use it 4 a rookie,so that d rookie will garner experiece that would help him in d future.

Agreed with all what you said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Same here I don’t want him to rejoin

But saying he will be arrested is all false

Ehen now, anything to use to scare him if possible. His offense is punishable o, public incitement!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kog45:
Thank you my bro....

I have been watching eagles since Afcon 1980 and I think I should be in a position to say it as regards experience and rookies.

What most coaches are after is quality of a team and the only way out is to file out your best players regardless of their age.

Sunday Oliseh came into eagles in 1993 and sent out experienced Friday Ekpo from the team.

Austin Okocha came in 1993 and cemented his place in the team.

Finidi George a rookie was a used sub replaced misfiring Austin Eguavoen against Burkina Faso and made three assists.

Ajibade Babalade was a rookie who shown brilliantly in Senegal 92.

Emma Amuneke was a rookie and did well at Tunisia 94 in just a match,scoring a brace.

Sunday Mba a rookie gave us Afcon 2013 and rookies Omeruo and Oboboana sent experienced Yobo to the bench.

Keshi a rookie and a captain with his set of rookies were wonderful at Ivory Coast Afcon 1984.

Clemens Westerhoff went to Algiers 1990 with rookies and did well.

Thanks alot for this sir!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

We don’t have a good coach

Na una carry number 10 for head

We don’t really have a problem if must be sincere here

Let's say we don't have a good coach, then, wat is the solution? I think NFF know that no coach will tolerate the habit of owing salaries..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

This is legendary. Amazing breakdown.

©

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
nairalandankrah:

You're not using calculators these days during qualifiers largely due to the administration of same pinnic you're calling clueless.

Please argue objectively..
If you dont know where we used to be, you'll never appreciate where we are right now.. We've made remarkable progress since amaju took over
I have heard pinnick speak severally since he came on board. Honestly speaking, he is quite clueless. Whether the fact that we improved can be attributed to pinnick or not, IDK. But going by his statement and speeches, pinnick only got there by connection.

Tell me one occasion where you've ever pinnick talk about our football affairs technically?

He's always giving motivational speeches, Nigerian Spirit talk, Talking down on opponents clubs, Prayers, and lots of BS.

The only thing I like about pinnick is that he has a genuine desire to see us do very well. You can obviously tell he becomes very worried and disturbed if we are performing below par. Unlike some nonchalant people that care only about the corruption and money involved with such an office.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
zuchyblink:
Ighalo is the current top scorer in the Saudi league,his club and international experience cannot be bought anywhere. Okocha,Kanu are they actively playing?
hahaha, top scorer in Saudi should be invited ahead of strikers in Europe .nawa o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
All this support for Ighalo and Moses returning to the national team is because we have a clown as a coach.. A clown who doesn't know how best to utilise the talents at his disposal..

The facts don't lie...Any coach that knows his onions would be able to properly utilise the players he has at his disposal... It is a clueless coach that would run around looking for short term solution to a long term problem...

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I don’t need to open any link you send to me just because you wanna prove he lacks commitment

Anybody can write anything they like ,many people no sabi anything ,he hacks commitment but always give his best on the field of play

You better rest and stop sending me a Nigeria site where anybody can any nonsense they like

The fact that Moses retired early from the national team showed his lack of commitment...
Did he have any issue with anybody in the team or the NFF?
Was he forced out?;
Did the fans clamour for him to be dropped??

He left on his own will, at a time when we could have used his helped to build the team stronger with the crop of talents like Osimhen and Chukwueze and burst into the scene after the world cup...But he left..That clearly shows lack of commitment..

You don't have to go about calling people liars unless you can prove their assertion wrong with facts...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
Melvinity:

That zuby guy just dey yarn okpata...

It beats my imagination how some folks here witness our strikers score goals week in,week out at their clubs and will still come here and talk about is struggling to score goals... We don't have a striker crisis at all... No African country can boost of the kind of strikers we have at the moment, and we definitely have better strikers than most countries outside Africa...
The obvious problem is lack of creative midfielders... Is Ighalo coming back to solve that problem for us? Is it not the same Ighalo that needs to be feed at least 5 chances before he can score one.. If we don't fix the midfield issue,where will he see chance to score?
Or maybe it is an attempt to bring him back into the team so he would flop on his second attempt so they can ridicule him after he left when the ovation was loud!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

The fact that Moses retired early from the national team showed his lack of commitment...
Did he have any issue with anybody in the team or the NFF?
Was he forced out?;
Did the fans clamour for him to be dropped??

He left on his own will, at a time when we could have used his helped to build the team stronger with the crop of talents like Osimhen and Chukwueze and burst into the scene after the world cup...But he left..That clearly shows lack of commitment..

You don't have to go about calling people liars unless you can prove their assertion wrong with facts...

I didn’t say Moses should come back ooo if that’s what you are thinking

But vic mo doesn’t lack commitment because he always give his best on the field

Because he retired early you are already Judging it’s because of commitment ,there are other personal reasons that can make one to retire from international football

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
zuchyblink:
Ighalo is the current top scorer in the Saudi league,his club and international experience cannot be bought anywhere. Okocha,Kanu are they actively playing?

Top scorer in the Saudi league. Lol grin

Is that the best we have, we have scorers in the Serie A and bundesliga, EPL, the Spanish segunda, and we would have to take a trip to Saudi to call a striker who isn't clinical enough.

They retired of their volition, same way Okocha did.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I didn’t say Moses should come back ooo if that’s what you are thinking

But vic mo doesn’t lack commitment because he always give his best on the field

Because he retired early you are already Judging it’s because of commitment ,there are other personal reasons that can make one to retire from international football

I didn't say you wanted him back... My problem with you is calling anybody who bring up the issue of him lacking commitment a liar,when the facts on ground say otherwise...

Was it the same personal issue that made him retire that also made him to be cherry picking games for the super eagles? Why is the personal issue not interfering with his club football?
We were all here when news went around that Moses refused to play as a wingback during the world cup and they had to beg him...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
Is this true?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
Pinnick is in the UK currently
Instead of him to use the opportunity to meet with Olise and see how he can get him invited for the next game even if he dont get to play

The man is busy talking of Ighalo return.
Sometimes i wonder if this men know and can analyse football

It is only one with low football Intelligence quotient that won't understand the problem with the super eagles from our last 2 matches is dearth of midfield creativity

C'mon this things are obvious now

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
jihday:
Is this true?
What's the said player's name?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2021
jihday:
Is this true?

This man should go to England or Russia and talk Anjorin and Olise up to see how they can get to play for Super Eagles instead of wasting time

We need try many options in the midfield role and see what comes from it

This under 17 lad should be left to Aigbogun to lure to the under 20....moreover there is Hamburg defender now 21 that wanna play for the super eagles too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
Clint02:
What's the said player's name?

It is true...
The lad has never been capped and he is open to playing for us but should be recruited to the under 20 for now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DefHQ: 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
Unbelievable how racist chants against our own Osimhen during the Roma vs Napoli game have largely gone unnoticed here..

Please we need to show our boy some love..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
DefHQ:
Unbelievable how racist chants against our own Osimhen during the Roma vs Napoli game have largely gone unnoticed here..

Please we need to show our boy some love..
osimehn has the our loves already and will keep getting more also mind you osigoal is to focus to allow chants from Italian rackheads or mafia get to him or even burd him a bit and he will surely pay them back the best and only way he knows wink wink wink breaking their hearts with goals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11458) (11459) (11460) (11461) (11462) (11463) (11464) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), elyte89, Lawag3 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.