Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,570 members, 7,847,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11844840 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (16241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
It will throw-up another whirlwind of heated competition in Nigeria's midfield should Chidiebere Nwakali returns to the Etihad and start making his mark(s).

Yh once he has developed in ethiad den mikel shud start thinking about retirement from international football
buh mikel still has about 2 yrs wit us and I see d 2018 world cup as mikel last apperance for Nigeria in football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Every player has his own style of play and every player can't play like Messi.

Chucks Aneke still remains a fine player to me. He is naturally talented. And that is why he is always a champion wherever he goes.

Because A failed doesn't mean B will fail. Football na luck.

What do you mean by technique? I really want to understand you. Thanks
In a nutshell, am saying Solanke is too one dimensional.
In the modern game, strikers are meant to have the technical capacity to help in the build up play or attack from the wings and cut inside.

Chuks Aneke seems to have fallen off a cliff so something. Haven't heard about him for almost 2years. I had high expectations of Chucks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Against Man u Iheanacho was leading a counter and he tried to squeeze the ball to KDB but it was caught and Pep was furious cuz he wanted the ball played to the wing instead, it was one of those situations were if the gamble paid off we are talking 3-0 city, since then I have seen no spark so i guess Pep told him to keep it simple. The fact that he has not yet had a notable shot from range should let u know something.

Nacho had a lot of brilliant moments against Everton. There was a brilliant team work combination Nacho pulled off that earned him applauds from the fans. There was also a combination with Kevin De Bruyne that an Everton defender blocked.

The important thing is that, Guardiola likes his players working in tight positions and passing to gaps. If there was a gap and Nacho chose to pass to a tight position, Guardiola has the right to feel furious.

I do not see that as shackling Nacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
My brother and Oga Sir smiley ....... Me sef don talk am since. He can play as a no.9.... Yesss... But Nacho isn't a "9".

He's a no.10 with the added attributes of a no.9.

He's a no.10/no.9 super hybrid. He has Vision, trickery, great technique, finishing, long-distance shot accuracy and more. He's a natural 10 who loves to creates and also get among the goals. But yes he can play as a no.9 or false 9 BUT HE ISN'T A No.9.

HIS IS LIKE YOU RIGHTLY SAID, TO EFFORTLESSLY LINK THE MIDFIELD AND THE ATTACK WITH HIS FLUID BUILD-UP PLAY COMBOS WITH PLAYERS LIKE IWOBI AND THE LIKES.

Besides, with strikers like Osimhen coming through by next year and Sadiq Umar growing strong in the serie A and even Success given a chance to show his ability as a natural no.9 despite his abilities to play as a no.11 using his right foot to always cut inside his marker on the left flank...... then Nacho's present and future in the Super Eagles New Golden Generation is as "the man behind the striker" as a no.10 in the 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 (diamond), and others and also as a no.8 (SS) in the 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 (flat), and even as a RWF in the 4-3-3 but freedom to roam (funny thing is, he could actually play the "9" or false "9" role in a 4-3-3 also).

Nacho will always excel when having a true top 9 like Osimhen in front and Iwobi and Vic Moses to his flanks/sides and having a central midfield personnel of Kelechi Nwakali (Mikel's role) and Wilfred Ndidi/Onazi/Chidiebere Nwakali (dmf role) behind him.... smiley

NACHO'S CURRENT ROLE IN THE SUPER EAGLES TODAY IS ACTUALLY "HIS BEST" AND "MOST DANGEROUS" POSITION IN A TEAM.... "The man in the hole upfront", "the man behind the striker", "the AMF with vision and finishing of his own"..... His finishing abilities have waned one bit in his role with the Super Eagles as he is our top scorer for this year so far.

THIS IS ME PICTURING NACHO'S ROLE IN THE POST-MIKEL SUPER EAGLES ERA..... NACHO WILL MOST PROBABLY NEVER LEAD THE LINES FOR THE SUPER EAGLES. THE FUTURE IS OBVIOUS AND NACHO LOVES IT "behind the striker". smiley

Note: Nacho's ability to bury 9 out of 10 or 11 chances is the only reason I am super comfortable with him as a top 9. His goal ratio potentials are Messi-like and C.Ronaldo-resque.... wink

goldfish80:

No matter how you try to paper over the cracks, iheanacho is not a no 9.
He has the goal scoring nack to be at the moment right place at the right time doesn't mean he is best suited as a striker.

I hope those suggesting Ighalo and Ideye to be benched for Iheanacho to lead the line are seeing the reasons why some of suggested Iheanacho continues his role linking the midfield to the attack, which he is best suited for.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Hey I think the 3-4-3 could be our answer, both watford and chelsea use it and it seems to work both had clean sheets.
---------------Ikeme

Omuero-----Ekong---------Balogun

Moses--------------------------Moses
-----------Onazi-----Mikel

Iheanacho Success Iwobi

wow nice formation never thought of it. Though. I wish ola aina would play omeru position. Also if rohr were 2 use it ideye/ighalo would start ahead of success
I just love d formation Simon nd victor are good at helping d tracking back 2 help d defence Bravo! Buh will rohr even gv it a try?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
goldfish80:

No matter how you try to paper over the cracks, iheanacho is not a no 9.
He has the goal scoring nack to be at the moment right place at the right time doesn't mean he is best suited as a striker.

I hope those suggesting Ighalo and Ideye to be benched for Iheanacho to lead the line are seeing the reasons why some of suggested Iheanacho continues his role linking the midfield to the attack, which he is best suited for.

I already explained why Iheanacho is a striker. I already highlighted that the role makes him use his best ability finishing over his lesser quality.

I do not know how else you want to argue this. No one says he can not play as a ten. However, just like his wonderful goal against Zambia highlighted this. He is an excellent finisher. Maybe the best Nigeria has.

If Silva was a Nigerian, I doubt any of you will opt for Nacho to play the ten role. He plays forward. When he drops deep he can show his creative midfield attribute.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
AIG07:

competition everywhere!
I don't think Nigeria has had such competition as we see today in d last 10yrs.

Hmmmm... I can't even imagine d kinda headache Rohr will be facing while selecting his team.

Even presently we have 5-inform wingers in V. Moses, S. Moses, A. Musa, I. Success(though I'll still love to see him play d CF role in d green white green) and even Iwobi... Chai wahala de o! I think d midfield n defence will suffer for this in d numbers of players been called-up.
With Etebor coming in, Ideye might soon be drop from d team. Ighalo will even need to convince d coach y he needs to keep faith in him.

I only laughed when I read that NFF are still wooing Ibe. Abeg where e wan stay or who im go displace.

Our present focus should be d fullbacks and a tested and reliable 9.

Other African countries will be happy we won't be @ AFCON'17 de for smell am...
remove A.musa from ur inform list. I hop he goes back 2 cska Moscow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Nacho had a lot of brilliant moments against Everton. There was a brilliant team work combination Nacho pulled off that earned him applauds from the fans. There was also a combination with Kevin De Bruyne that an Everton defender blocked.

The important thing is that, Guardiola likes his players working in tight positions and passing to gaps. If there was a gap and Nacho chose to pass to a tight position, Guardiola has the right to feel furious.

I do not see that as shackling Nacho.

U urself said he needs to work on creating something out of nothing but how can he wen the coach won't let him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
IyanuFanoro:
wow nice formation never thought of it. Though. I wish ola aina would play omeru position. Also if rohr were 2 use it ideye/ighalo would start ahead of success
I just love d formation Simon nd victor are good at helping d tracking back 2 help d defence Bravo! Buh will rohr even gv it a try?

Come on. Omeruo is far better than Ola Aina. They are not mates in any way.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
IyanuFanoro:
remove A.musa from ur inform list. I hop he goes back 2 cska Moscow

He should go to France.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U urself said he needs to work on creating something out of nothing but how can he wen the coach won't let him?

I said, work on skipping past players like Sane. If there is a player free with space, Sane would make a wrong choice opting to skin players.

I said, Guardiola likes players who can operate in tight positions and pass to players in gaps.

The skipping past players like Sane is the operating in tight positions.

Nacho choosing to pass to a player in tight position is a wrong choice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
My brother and Oga Sir smiley ....... Me sef don talk am since. He can play as a no.9.... Yesss... But Nacho isn't a "9".

He's a no.10/no.9 super hybrid. He has Vision, trickery, great technique, finishing, long-distance shot accuracy and more. He's a natural 10 who loves to creates and also get among the goals. But yes he can play as a no.9 or false 9 BUT HE ISN'T A No.9.

HIS IS LIKE YOU RIGHTLY SAID, TO EFFORTLESSLY LINK THE MIDFIELD AND THE ATTACK WITH HIS FLUID BUILD-UP PLAY COMBOS WITH PLAYERS LIKE IWOBI AND THE LIKES.

Besides, with strikers like Osimhen coming through by next year and Sadiq Umar growing strong in the serie A and even Success given a chance to show his ability as a natural no.9 despite his abilities to play as a no.11 using his right foot to always cut inside his marker on the left flank...... then Nacho's present and future in the Super Eagles New Golden Generation is as "the man behind the striker" as a no.10 in the 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 (diamond), and others and also as a no.8 (SS) in the 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 (flat), and even as a RWF in the 4-3-3 but freedom to roam (funny thing is, he could actually play the "9" or false "9" role in a 4-3-3 also).

Nacho will always excel when having a true top 9 like Osimhen in front and Iwobi and Vic Moses to his flanks/sides and having a central midfield personnel of Kelechi Nwakali (Mikel's role) and Wilfred Ndidi/Onazi/Chidiebere Nwakali (dmf role) behind him.... smiley

NACHO'S CURRENT ROLE IN THE SUPER EAGLES TODAY IS ACTUALLY "HIS BEST" AND "MOST DANGEROUS" POSITION IN A TEAM.... "The man in the hole upfront", "the man behind the striker", "the AMF with vision and finishing of his own"..... His finishing abilities have waned one bit in his role with the Super Eagles as he is our top scorer for this year so far.

THIS IS ME PICTURING NACHO'S ROLE IN THE POST-MIKEL SUPER EAGLES ERA..... NACHO WILL NEVER LEAD THE LINES FOR THE SUPER EAGLES. THE FUTURE IS OBVIOUS AND NACHO LOVES IT "behind the striker". smiley

Among all the qualities you see in Nacho, which of the quality do you think is his best?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
IyanuFanoro:

Thanks. I like the front 3 because they all can fit into each other's position seamlessly. During the game all 3 can play wing or striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Exactly what I envisioned when typing the post u quoted.... smiley

I speak of the Post-mikel era..... Kelechi Nwakali, Ovie Ejaria, and a couple of others will be the names to emerge in the CMF lead role in place of Legend Mikel. smiley

Then the likes of Chidiebere Nwakali, Wilfred Ndidi, a veteran Onazi, Anderson Esiti and a few others will provide a super battle for the DMF and box-to-box roles in our Super Eagles midfield engine room (depending on the formation strategy).

The Golden Generation is indeed here. smiley

BUT I GET ONE QUESTION.... BY THE TIME MUSA YAHAYA IS TRANSFORMED INTO A BEAST OF A PLAYER AT PORTO AND STARTS SHOWCASING SOME OF THE WORLD-CLASS POTENTIALS WE ALL SAW BACK THEN, AND HIM DOING SO AT A BIG LEVEL, what then?? Where will he fit in?? Looollllll.... He's a hybrid also. A player that falls on the spectrum between a deeplying forward and a playmaker (an AMF). He's a no.10, a no.11 and can also play from the right.... Abi na bench tins?? Chaiiii... This generation eh... Only the 90s brought this kind of headache.... grin...... Na wa oooo

IyanuFanoro:

Yh once he has developed in ethiad den mikel shud start thinking about retirement from international football
buh mikel still has about 2 yrs wit us and I see d 2018 world cup as mikel last apperance for Nigeria in football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olapluto(m): 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
Isaac Success should be played up top against Algeria. He really impressed me today vs Boro. For once, I believe Nigeria has a team that is going to be hard to beat.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
It's super obvious naaa.... Nacho's Finishing makes him one of the most feared monster "forwards" of the modern game.

But he still exhibits his finishing qualities in his Super Eagles role. He's Nigeria's top scorer in this calender year.

TheGoodJoe:

Among all the qualities you see in Nacho, which of the quality do you think is his best?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I said, work on skipping past players like Sane. If there is a player free with space, Sane would make a wrong choice opting to skin players.

I said, Guardiola likes players who can operate in tight positions and pass to players in gaps.

The skipping past players like Sane is the operating in tight positions.

Nacho choosing to pass to a player in tight position is a wrong choice.

It's only wrong when it doesn't come off. Top players make these types of plays all the time it takes guts to shoulder the responsibilty and try to make something happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
It's super obvious naaa.... Nacho's Finishing makes him one of the most feared monster "forwards" of the modern game.

But he still exhibits his finishing qualities in his Super Eagles role. He's Nigeria's top scorer in this calender year.

That answers his role. He is a monstrous finisher with brilliant midfield qualities. So as a top man, he utilises his excellent finishing quality more and can help the team become more fluid by dropping deep.

He plays ten because Rohr wants a ten who contributes to the attack. If we had Aluko there, who is a brilliant finishing ten, then you will see Nacho excel up front
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

It's only wrong when it doesn't come off. Top players make these types of plays all the time it takes guts to shoulder the responsibilty and try to make something happen.

Nacho should make the easier choices. Stick to the system. If there is a player in acres of space, pass to him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
But Silva is not a Nigerian. Instead we have the likes of Osimhen, Sadiq Umar and even Isaac Success (a natural top 9).

Now tell me... Knowing Nacho is super gifted also for the no.10 role, will you still pick him ahead of Osimhen to lead the lines of the Super Eagles? And if he does, who takes up Nacho's AMF/behind-the-striker role??

TheGoodJoe:

I already explained why Iheanacho is a striker. I already highlighted that the role makes him use his best ability finishing over his lesser quality.

I do not know how else you want to argue this. No one says he can not play as a ten. However, just like his wonderful goal against Zambia highlighted this. He is an excellent finisher. Maybe the best Nigeria has.

If Silva was a Nigerian, I doubt any of you will opt for Nacho to play the ten role. He plays forward. When he drops deep he can show his creative midfield attribute.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Aluko to play Nacho's role?

I think I prefer a Nacho behind an Osimhen in the long run than an aluko behind a Nacho in the long run.

TheGoodJoe:

That answers his role. He is a monstrous finisher with brilliant midfield qualities. So as a top man, he utilises his excellent finishing quality more and can help the team become more fluid by dropping deep.

He plays ten because Rohr wants a ten who contributes to the attack. If we had Aluko there, who is a brilliant finishing ten, then you will see Nacho excel up front
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
And I have already seen Nacho excel upfront at least in the colors of Man City.

He can play both roles (10 and 9) because he's a super hybrid. A no.10 with the super added qualities of a no.9.

He's an alien..... Come on! You know he is!!! I'm not bluffing.

He will lead the lines when the need calls for it but in the longest of runs in the green-white-green, Nacho's future is predominantly "behind-the-striker" coz that's where his full qualities (including finishing) are all expressed in wicked forms and beastly formats to any level.

TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
But Silva is not a Nigerian. Instead we have the likes of Osimhen, Sadiq Umar and even Isaac Success (a natural top 9).

Now tell me... Knowing Nacho is super gifted also for the no.10 role, will you still pick him ahead of Osimhen to lead the lines of the Super Eagles? And if he does, who takes up Nacho's AMF/behind-the-striker role??

I was so crazy about Nacho's finishing until I watched Osimhen. I have not seen a striker wrap his foot around the ball when shooting like Osimhen.

With Osimhen coming in, I opt we play a similar system to Enrique's Barcelona. As Guardiola puts it, a Machine made up of excellent forwards.

With Success, Osimhen and Iheanacho, setting up as Neymar, Suarez and Messi. All forwards with brilliant goal scoring records.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ifeanyi Mathew scores for Lillestrom

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Aluko to play Nacho's role?

I think I prefer a Nacho behind an Osimhen in the long run than an aluko behind a Nacho in the long run.

Since Okocha left, I have not seen a player play the ten role like Aluko for the Super Eagles. He has bags of tricks, direct and creates loads of chances when he plays wit the team. We also have Iwobi who will perform brilliantly behind our dream trident strikers, Success, Osimhen and Iheanacho.

Who we choose to play behind them must have the ability to create multiple chances for these forwards.

Playing Iheanacho behind the front line reduces his scoring chances. We might celebrate four goals but he might have scored seven or eight in a front line where he gets lots of chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Loooooooolllllll....... Aha!!!! I don hook you now......

Then good, we don reach compromise point now.

The position that combines Nacho's "10" and "9" qualities..... Nacho in an "MSN-like" attacking trident with Nacho to come from the right as the RWF... And Success from the left as the LWF and Osimhen in the middle.... smiley

Iwobi will play as part of a midfield three wearing the "creative cap" like an Iniesta and one of Kelechi Nwakali/Ovie Ejaria will play the Xavi role..... Our "busquests" will be one of Ndidi, Chidi Nwakali, veteran Onazi, or Esiti....

Our backline will have who we have but with good quality fullbacks.

Nacho's future are in three folds....

1. As a no.10 or "behind-the-striker/Man-in-the-hole" executor

2. As a no.9 with a "badass" no.10 behind him...

3. As part of an MSN-like attacking trident with Nacho playing false 9, or top 9 or coming most preferably from the right-to-central as the RWF.

TheGoodJoe:

I was so crazy about Nacho's finishing until I watched Osimhen. I have not seen a striker wrap his foot around the ball when shooting like Osimhen.

With Osimhen coming in, I opt we play a similar system to Enrique's Barcelona. As Guardiola puts it, a Machine made up of excellent forwards.

With Success, Osimhen and Iheanacho, setting up as Neymar, Suarez and Messi. All forwards with brilliant goal scoring records.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If silva was Nigerian, he will play in the wings like he does with the Spanish national team and Valentia and Iheanacho will play behind the main striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
On your last line (in bold) is the only reason I will always be comfortable with Nacho as a top 9 not necessarily because he's an actual 9 (coz he's not) but because he is one to bury 9 out of 10 chances.

His finishing and positioning are alien-like.

Nacho is ours to utilise. Let's utilise him the best way we can for the present time. I have already stated Nacho's future with the Super Eagles in three-folds.... Two more of those will hopefully manifest as time goes on.

TheGoodJoe:

Since Okocha left, I have not seen a player play the ten role like Aluko for the Super Eagles. He has bags of tricks, direct and creates loads of chances when he plays wit the team. We also have Iwobi who will perform brilliantly behind our dream trident strikers, Success, Osimhen and Iheanacho.

Who we choose to play behind them must have the ability to create multiple chances for these forwards.

Playing Iheanacho behind the front line reduces his scoring chances. We might celebrate four goals but he might have scored seven or eight in a front line where he gets lots of chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

THIS IS ME PICTURING NACHO'S ROLE IN THE POST-MIKEL SUPER EAGLES ERA..... NACHO WILL NEVER LEAD THE LINES FOR THE SUPER EAGLES. THE FUTURE IS OBVIOUS AND NACHO LOVES IT "behind the striker". smiley

Exactly. This has always been my position. I wish iheanacho can form a good partnership with a proper striker like his alliance with Iwobi.
The super eagles will be devastating if things fall into place properly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Thanks. I like the front 3 because they all can fit into each other's position seamlessly. During the game all 3 can play wing or striker.
yh they can easily switch position(though not sure iwobi is a center kind of person)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

IOS buh musa yahaha is still on the way also where will iwobi play cuz dat playmaker role is for kelechi nwankali on if we use 3-4-3 iwobi isnt good at trackin back to defend but anyways lets wait for their time to come cant wait for dat golden generation 2 come
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
IyanuFanoro:

yh they can easily switch position(though not sure iwobi is a center kind of person)

His last position on the arsenal youth team was striker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (16241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), Philosopher1979, akwesenana, Christinu2, cromz(m), lebuhsi(m), liver123(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.