Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11929039 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
zicky:
It was never a good game, missing 2 pk, hw many attempt on goal, no fluidity in their game.

Ball Possession
Manchester City - 72%
Everton - 28%

Shots
Manchester City - 19
Everton - 3

Shots on goal
Manchester City - 8
Everton - 1

Corner Kicks
Manchester City - 13
Everton - 1

This was one of City's best possessive plays this season. The players worked hard and created chances. The played in a brilliant fluid style.

Missing two penalty kicks, does not mean it was a bad game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
tbaba1234:
cc: icon4s, thegoodjoe, TheSuperNerd, lakesidepapa, safarigirl, Joseph1013, confun, goldfish80, Mickael2, forgiveness, chrisooblog, lexyman, amagunnerfan, zicky, HZwriters, bigblangston

VERY IMPRESSIVE INTERVIEW BY ROHR, MANY OF THE ISSUES RAISED ON THIS THREAD WERE ADDRESSED. talks about the RB and LB position, talks about how Musa Muhammad could not measure up in training, talks about Enyeama rejoining if we qualify for the WC..

Congratulations coach, it's two wins from two games for you as Super Eagles coach. What is the feeling like?

Rohr: I feel great starting my job as coach of the Super Eagles on a good note, winning two competitive games. The recent win in Zambia gives me the feeling that we are up to something great. It is nice to work with the players and officials of the team. The Nigeria Football Federation has also made my stay so far wonderful. I am enjoying my stay here now

After Zambia comes Algeria next month. How much do you know about the Algerians?

We know them very well because most of the players have been educated in France, played in France, come from the French academy. Some of them played for French junior teams before changing to playing for the Algerian national team. I have seen them play live and I know their setup. Of course, I know the players.

We will know more of the way they played against Cameroon when the video clips and reports get to us. I sent someone to watch the game and I await the details from him. I have also seen the match on television. We shall do an analysis of the video when we get it and then take it from there and we will know much more about them.

Riyad Mahrez and Islam Slimani are the Algerian team's star men. Will you pay special attention to the two?

There are big players and star men everywhere. In Zambia, we have Kalaba, Mbesuma and others. Perhaps these ones are at a higher level, we know that it will be very difficult to beat the Algerians, but we have confidence now and will be ready for them. We shall not pay special attention to Mahrez or Slimani. Now our team has high spirit and confidence. Collectively, we are not afraid of the Algerian team.

How did you restore the confidence and the feel good spirit in the Super Eagles?

There is no magic about that. I am a positive man and I know the talents are there in Nigeria. They need fatherly guidance to get going. They responded well to invitation to camp and their attitude has been wonderful. There were lots of communication between us and I demanded discipline on and off the field from them. Good ambience and work ethic have also helped in restoring confidence back in the team.

They made sacrifices for one week prior to the game in Zambia. They did not go out, did not see their families, they only worked. I kept them busy after training with videos and meetings. The spirit was good and we took it to Zambia and won. So they know the reward for hard work now, and we hope to continue to improve from there.

Is this spirit of the team good enough to see the Super Eagles grabbing the World Cup ticket ahead of Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia?

Yes, my players want to have the World Cup ticket. The ticket will be difficult, but everybody knows that we have the capacity to come first out of this group, but you know it requires a lot of hard work. We have already three points, I'm sure with 12 points we could be the team coming out of this group. We shall work very, very hard to ensure that we win all three of our home matches to get 12 points.

After the first game, we are on top, and we can say Cameroon did well to get a draw in Algeria and now it is in our hands to beat the Algerians in Uyo. I know that it will be difficult because they also don't want to lose in Uyo. But we want, absolutely, to win this game and remain on top of the group

Should Nigerians expect new players in the Super Eagles for the game against Algeria next month?

Yes, because all the injured players will be ready, you know who the players are. Four of them who missed the Zambian game will return, one of them had family problem, he will come back. There will be some changes and perhaps the local players will be handicapped because they will be on holidays and will find it difficult to have a rhythm. They don't train and they don't play at this period. It will be difficult for local players, but we shall see if we can organise something, may be a training for them to remain in shape. I don't know if I will open camp for them, but it will be pretty difficult for them to meet up now that they are on break.

Does that mean that the overseas-based players who do not play regular football in their respective clubs will not be invited?

It is good for players to play regular football in their respective clubs to keep in shape and have rhythm. The home-based might come to camp first for us to see how they cope before those abroad join. But I might have a few exceptions in inviting players who don't play regularly for their clubs. So I will need players who play every week for their clubs.

That is why Musa Mohammed who had not played even one minute football since after the Tanzania game was benched because he could not measure up and Mikel also has not played for Chelsea trained well and he gave me a good 90 minutes in Zambia. He did well, so he might return for Algeria on November 12. But they must all go and play games in their clubs. I have told them to go and fight for places in their respective clubs.

How will you monitor these players? Will you visit them in Europe?

Of course, we will go to see the players in their clubs, either me or my scouts. So we know who is playing and those who are not playing. The fittest players who prove themselves in their clubs will get invited.

What is your impression of Carl Ikeme's performance against Zambia in Ndola and so far under you as Nigeria coach?

I've known him before now. I have seen him in his club, Wolverhampton Wanderers a second division side in England. I like his approach to the game, his concentration, calmness, attitude to training and games. He is a good goalkeeper and I must commend him for his saves in Ndola. Carl kept us in the game by pulling at least three great saves. He was the man of the match against Zambia. Great guy.

With Carl's performance in goal, do the Super Eagles still need Vincent Enyeama?

Yes, I said it that I wanted Vincent Enyeama to return from retirement and I called him and we spoke with him. He will come back if we qualify for the World Cup. We need very good goalkeepers in the Eagles. We have two local goalkeepers whom I don't know if they will fit in if Carl sustains an injury, so I think we need two big goalkeepers. Of course for this moment, Carl is number one. We cannot change him, he will be number one for the next game.

Is the Super Eagles defence the weak link of your team?

Everybody knew before I arrived here that we need to build a new defence, and unfortunately there were injuries and we had to do two changes in that area of the team. In the game against Tanzania, we had a good defence; we did not concede a goal, they prevented them from scoring.

Leon Balogun got injured playing for his club and Mohammed Musa did not play at all for his club and that was why we made a change and brought in another player. Now we will watch some positions, we will watch what happen at right-back and left-back. We have a strong central defence, so no problem. We shall try and see if the same players will do well in their clubs to come back or we look for new ones.

Ahmed Musa came in as a late substitute in Zambia. Was it your strategy or he was not fit?

Ahmed Musa has not played for Leicester in their last few matches and so we had to watch his sharpness and decided to bring him in the last 20 minutes when Moses Simon was getting tired. That was what we did and he brought in a lot of speed and motivation. He also had one good shot at goal. I hope he will start playing again in Leicester because when he plays there, he can be able to start the next game for us.

Are Iwobi, Iheanacho and Mikel the most important players of your team?

Of course, you have seen what happened. They have scored, they played well, they are young players. I mean Kelechi and Iwobi are very young players who are driven by an experienced player in Mikel.

Our kind of playing is good football, the passing game. Technical football, not so many touches, we like to play directly, collectively bringing in the wings and the full-backs coming forward. They played accordingly in Ndola and I appreciated them very much. We shall try and get better with our style. It is too early to say if I would build the team around these three players.

You have bonded well with your players and home officials. But were you aware that one of the local coaches has yet to get a contract?

We have a strong bond as a team and we work hard to get results. We relate as a family, we try to be friends with the players and officials, and we respect each other. The assistants I brought in know we have to work closely with the Nigerian officials, likewise the other coaches, medical team, coordinator, media man and equipment manager. We did not come here to lecture but to help them grow and get the results for our team. We are one ‎happy family, I am satisfied with the co-operation I am getting from everyone.

On the contract of the Nigerian coach, I want to tell you that the federation president and I went to some places on Tuesday and what I got was positive. I have been assured that in the next few days Salisu Yusuf will sign his contract as chief coach of the Eagles and he would be paid his wages like us. The federation and the minister now have a strong solidarity and this is good for the team to succeed.

My joy now is that the minister and the federation are now working together for good and we need their solidarity to be able to go to the World Cup in Russia. A big country like Nigeria need all the political will and government's strong support to succeed because the talents are there to go to any length.

Can you confirm that the NFF has paid the Super Eagles bonuses and allowances?

Yes, the federation has paid the bonuses for the Tanzania game, including other allowances, as well as other outstandingly dues to the players and officials. They have also assured us that the bonus for the away victory against Zambia will be paid before the next game. We are okay with the federation and we appreciate the efforts of the president.

Do you feel disappointed that Nigeria will not be at the 2017 AFCON in Gabon?

I feel bad but the Super Eagles have been eliminated and there is nothing I can do about it but to focus on the World Cup. We have forgotten about it, but we have the possibility to watch Algeria and Cameroon to know what they do and how they play. We shall also use the period of AFCON to see other players, those we have not seen. You cannot use two games to see everybody. We must always be positive in every negative because in each negative there is the positive side.

After next month's game, the Super Eagles' next match will be in August 2017. What will the team be doing before then?

We look at the FIFA window and try to exploit it to play as many friendly games as possible. We talk to some notable countries in and outside Africa to prepare the Eagles. March and June give us the opportunity that will see the Eagles in action during the FIFA windows.

Your final word to Nigerians….

I want to say a big thank you to Nigerians, especially the Uyo fans, for the warm welcome and support they gave me in the game against Tanzania. I am happy to be working in Nigeria now and I feel like I am already a Nigerian. I hope that when we go back to Uyo, the pitch will be better than the last time and we need the supporters to be the 12th man to beat Algeria. We have to have our people behind us for 90 minutes of the game. We have to cheer our players whether good or bad and make things difficult for the Algerians

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-%e2%80%8e-need-uyo-fans-12th-player-nigeria-algeria/#IHL70KVfXlA4tRcV.99

A very impressive interview.

Now that the national team seems to be more attractive, it is an opportunity to pouch on Nigerian players with dual citizenship. However, there should be fairness in the assesment of these players. We need the best.

I learnt Rohr has volunteered to support the female national team coaches. He should just leave them and focus on scouting Nigerian players in Europe.

We need to shop for a RB and LB. The coaches should just do the needful.

I learnt Ikechukwu Ezenwa, the only "surviving" product of the 2009 Flying Eagles, has landed an Athletico Madrid deal. Good for him and for Nigeria. Goal keepers get better with age. So at 27 he has not hit his summit. I dnt buy the idea of calling back enyeama if we make it to the World Cup cos we have trusted gloves in the team. Carl Ikeme has made us not to miss Enyeama.

The future is bright for this team but it is not time to celebrate yet. "We are not there yet"

Our next game is key.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Ball Possession
Manchester City - 72%
Everton - 28%

Shots
Manchester City - 19
Everton - 3

Shots on goal
Manchester City - 8
Everton - 1

Corner Kicks
Manchester City - 13
Everton - 1

This was one of City's best possessive plays this season. The players worked hard and created chances. The played in a brilliant fluid style.

Missing two penals, does not mean it was a bad game.

Dont worry, we will soon shoot you down with our blazing "Guns". grin

#Gunner4life!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
Icon4s:

Dont worry, we will soon shoot you down with our blazing "Guns". grin

#Gunner4life!

Not blazing. 3-2 Swansea and a late goal in your last game before this.

You guys are a good side but this season is still a roller coaster. I do not see you guys as blazing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
I hope Iheanacho studies how Sane skips past players repeatedly. If Iheanacho can add that dimension to his game, he will become phenomenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You guys are a good side but this season is still a roller coaster. I do not see you guys as blazing.

City is Blazing with a 2-0 lose and a 1-1 home draw to teams i can rate as second class favorites thereby throwing away a 5pt lead. grin

I say we are coming for u guys. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I watched Sane's game today and I was tempted to be a cityzen but when I saw iwobi's game I switched back to being a Gooner. Sane's game was spectacular

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigblangston:
I watched Sane's game today and I was tempted to be a cityzen but when I saw iwobi's game I switched back to being a Gooner. Sane's game was spectacular

U made the right choice bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigblangston:

Both players had good games. I do not think Sane will start against Barcelona but he is not far from the starting line-up. He is a big threat to Nolito and Sterling.

I wonder if anyone still does not see Iwobi's similarity with Kanu. When he made that run, that was pure Kanu.

I have heard many comparisons but his style to me is pure PAPILO. Lots of intelligence and elegance. He is a big part of Arsenal's impressive winning games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
Icon4s:

U made the right choice bro.
I greet you Dr.Icon. The title is ours due to iwobi factor in arsenal. Iwobi ran the show today. Still wondering what's wrong with city midfielders. It seems they still don't trust Iheanacho. They were being stingy with their passes to him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
Icon4s:

City is Blazing with a 2-0 lose and a 1-1 home draw to teams i can rate as second class favorites thereby throwing away a 5pt lead. grin

I say we are coming for u guys. grin

I did not say we are blazing. We are far from it. We are still growing into the system but I like the current set up. Glad Kompany Is back and we wait to see his impact.

I think people should stop looking at Manchester City but at Tottenham. They are yet to lose this season. They dominated and beat us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigblangston:
I greet you Dr.Icon. The title is ours due to iwobi factor in arsenal. Iwobi ran the show today. Still wondering what's wrong with city midfielders. It seems they still don't trust Iheanacho. They were being stingy with their passes to him

I do not think the midfield starved Nacho intentionally of passes. I think it has to do with Everton knowing Iheanacho was a threat and kept him tightly marked. In that scenario, the wider players were free.

With the Everton players compact, Iheanacho was the hardest man to reach.

Iheanacho and Aguero have two different styles. Iheanacho when he drops deep is more of a passing midfielder while Aguero is a runner.

With that, Aguero’s style attracts passes. The Everton players knocked out most balls aimed at Nacho, so the City players opted for more of the wide play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigblangston:

Iwobi is a master class. So very unselfish player.

He is straight out from Arsene Wenger's bakery. This is a kind of player Wenger likes.

As for Iheanacho some times he gets missing in the game. His ability to score goals from almost nothing usually stands him out. I like the role he plays for Nigeria, though once felt he should be a topping 9. I think we need him more as a number 10.

Victor Moses also had a good game. The way he was running today one would wonder if he was same player that was excused from the Zambia game dat took place only 6 days ago. I hope makes the Algeria game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I did not say we are blazing. We are far from it. We are still growing into the system but I like the current set up. Glad Kompany Is back and we wait to see his impact.

I think people should stop looking at Manchester City but at Tottenham. They are yet to lose this season. They dominated and beat us.

Ok City can never be blazing because only one Team are "The Blazing Gunners". cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I do not think the midfield starved Nacho intentionally of passes. I think it has to do with Everton knowing Iheanacho was a threat and kept him tightly marked. In that scenario, the wider players were free.

Iheanacho and Aguero have two different styles. Iheanacho when he drops deep is more of a passing midfielder while Aguero is a runner.

With that, Aguero’s style attracts passes. The Everton players knocked out most balls aimed at Nacho, so the City players opted for more of the wide play.
Thanks for illuminating me but I don't see Aguero playing into the famed "Pep" philosophy unlike Kelechi that has quickly adopted it, It still bothers me why Aguero gets the nod over Kelechi probably Aguero's experience in the EPL edges K.I in the scheme of things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
bigblangston:
Thanks for illuminating me but I don't see Aguero playing into the famed "Pep" philosophy unlike Kelechi that has quickly adopted it, It still bothers me why Aguero gets the nod over Kelechi probably Aguero's experience in the EPL edges K.I in the scheme of things.

It is difficult to understand but Pep feels he can make Aguero better. So it is a case of watch and see.

However, if we talk of possession-heavy style of play and passing game, Iheanacho fits in better. So we will see how the team shapes in a few months
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
Icon4s:

Ok City can never be blazing because only one Team are "The Blazing Gunners". cool

Enjoy your win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The only people on city that Iheanacho can rely on are Nolito and Navas the rest could care less about finding him, infact wen Aguero is not around everybody thinks they are a striker. Iheanacho likes to play touch around the box but when he passes and makes his move the final ball is never there. U could see him getting frustrated out there its not something im making up. Let me not leave Pep out of this, he should let Iheanacho drift to the right so we can see what we came for, which is that left foot. I was thinking Pep would have so much planned for him in that regards but all we are seeing are tap ins, someone on twitter even called him a tap in merchant. Pep should release this boy so he can do wat he is really capable of.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

The only people on city that Iheanacho can rely on are Nolito and Navas the rest could care less about finding him, infact wen Aguero is not around everybody thinks they are a striker. Iheanacho likes to play touch around the box but when he passes and makes his move the final ball is never there. U could see him getting frustrated out there its not something im making up. Let me not leave Pep out of this, he should let Iheanacho drift to the right so we can see what we came for, which is that left foot. I was thinking Pep would have so much planned for him in that regards but all we are seeing are tap ins, someone on twitter even called him a tap in merchant. Pep should release this boy so he can do wat he is really capable of.

Pep should release him, how? I do not get it.

In this game, the Everton players were around Iheanacho and it was difficult for him to shoot. There were chances Nacho had that he could have shot but there was no room for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
Icon4s:

Iwobi is a master class. So very unselfish player.

He is straight out from Arsene Wenger's bakery. This is a kind of player Wenger likes.

As for Iheanacho some times he gets missing in the game. His ability to score goals from almost nothing usually stands him out. I like the role he plays for Nigeria, though once felt he should be a topping 9. I think we need him more as a number 10.

Victor Moses also had a good game. The way he was running today one would wonder if he was same player that was excused from the Zambia game dat took place only 6 days ago. I hope makes the Algeria game.
You have finally seen the light smiley I remember we were at opposite sides durring th debate on Iheanacho's best position for the super eagles.
Truth is that iheanacho is at his element when he plays off a striker. I see him more as a player who connects the midfield to the attack and with his skill set, he can score tonnes of goals from this position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

it has nothing to do with style of play not just in today's match, city midfielder hardly give the ball to Nacho even when he keep calling for it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Both players had good games. I do not think Sane will start against Barcelona but he is not far from the starting line-up. He is a big threat to Nolito and Sterling.

I wonder if anyone still does not see Iwobi's similarity with Kanu. When he made that run, that was pure Kanu.

I have heard many comparisons but his style to me is pure PAPILO. Lots of intelligence and elegance. He is a big part of Arsenal's impressive winning games.
I concur, Iwobi game is very similar to Kanu(selfless) to Okocha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Pep should release him, how? I do not get it.

In this game, the Everton players were around Iheanacho and it was difficult for him to shoot. There were chances Nacho had that he could have shot but there was no room for him.

How many shots has Iheanacho taken this season? Yes Pep should release him. He should be allowed to take chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03am On Oct 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

How many shots has Iheanacho taken this season? Yes Pep should release him. He should be allowed to take chances.

Release him how?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:07am On Oct 16, 2016
zicky:
it has nothing to do with style of play not just in today's match, city midfielder hardly give the ball to Nacho even when he keep calling for it.

In a compact set up, like the way Everton did, the attacker is the most surrounded. So it was difficult to pass to him.

When Iheanacho dropped deep, the players passed to him always.

It was a case of passing to the least marked forward players. That was why De Bruyne, Sterling and Sane got a lot of balls. It was also hard for Aguero.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:47am On Oct 16, 2016
goldfish80:

You have finally seen the light smiley I remember we were at opposite sides durring th debate on Iheanacho's best position for the super eagles.
Truth is that iheanacho is at his element when he plays off a striker. I see him more as a player who connects the midfield to the attack and with his skill set, he can score tonnes of goals from this position.

The thing is Mancity have a couple of fantastic wingers and attacking midfielders. So the only way they can really utilise Iheanacho is to play him as a SS or CF.

Reverse is the case in the Super Eagles. We dnt have quality AM (the number 10). We have fairly descent strikers. If Iheanacho plays as a striker, who plays the number 10 role? Though Iwobi too can play as a 10 bt he has in more recent times been more effective from the wings.

Iheanacho has always been an AM / RWF. It is TheGoodJoe and his City coaches they see him as a striker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:52am On Oct 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Enjoy your win.

Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jobsat34(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2016
princesuko:

Tell that To Inter or Chelsea Under Mourinho. Cambiasso and Zanetti were ALWAYS defending. @bolded seems you are contradicting yourself

Not only Mou coached team.. EPL in general..
No sane coach will play this way unless yu re dominating all thru or playing a very weak team..

The offside rule starts from the half way line, so if all ur centre back are in the half way line, i only need fast attackers to get d job done.. A simple tru pass or well serve ball from defenders/keeper will do d damage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2016
forgiveness:

grin This is what I being talking about since 19 cridi, credibility. grin

No more bench warmers.

Musa Muhammad, bye bye! Shee you later. grin

Tyronne Ebuechi, welcomu! grin

Brain Idowu nko! Welucomu! grin

Mikel Obi! grin chai! grin
who will bench mikel?let me tell you mikel will play still he is 40 before he retired
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 8:37am On Oct 16, 2016
bigblangston:
And if you had properly read my post you would have seen that I only used Rohr's words against him. So you think talking about Mikel matters to my destiny? Try to read my post again but this time slowly. And also tell your Mikel to start playing every week or else he will soon be benched according to Rohr,There is a new sheriff in town
no one can bench mikel for now
they shall wait for there time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2016
safarigirl:
bros, Mikel is unbenchable in the Nigerian team, foe now, he can even retire from club football and still get playing time, he's THAT good

The sooner you Mikel trolls learn that, the easier it will be for you to watch Nigeria's games, inukwa?

New sheriff ni, old constable ko tongue

hahaha
i agreed with you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

tottenham beat city 2 goals to nothing yet they almost lost to westham if not for dele ali goal in the 89 minute. Really funny sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Joebie, Philosopher1979, chuks404, mekabuachi, comodo, solonnachi, Neobulletzz(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.