Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723222 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7639) (7640) (7641) (7642) (7643) (7644) (7645) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:01am On Nov 14, 2019
I could not see the match but good we have 3 points already. Kudos to the boys.

However, we need to go back to Regional government. This will enhance competition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:04am On Nov 14, 2019
Bolowolowo:
I want Moses Simon to start our next match.

Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Haba, why do you want to change a winning team..at list its not broken yet so why try to fix it?. y alter the chemistry of the team..thank God you're not rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:21am On Nov 14, 2019
Neimar:

mumu am not his fan undecided

Oh! Percy Tau-wian?

I grab.... grin
Bye,,, you have no business here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze is reportedly a target for Premier League side Bournemouth, with the Cherries' manager Eddie Howe sending his main scout to monitor the Nigerian international in action. Chukwueze has caught the eye in La Liga since making his debut in 2018.

Villarreal have been in excellent form so far this year, with Samuel Chukwueze scoring 2 goals in 8 games so far in the domestic league. The Nigerian winger, who stands at just 5 foot 8, came through the ranks at Villarreal's B side but prior to that played in his homeland for the Diamond Football Academy.

The player has been compared to Arjen Robben in recent months and has also been a member of UEFA.com's top 50 to watch this season, whilst the Nigerian FA named the player as the young player of the year in 2017/18 season.

It is understood that Bournemouth will have to pay up to £40 million to secure a move for Chukwueze and that the Nigerian could be signed as a possible replacement for Ryan Fraser, who has been linked with a shock move to Man Utd in recent months

I have my doubts about that story.

Nonetheless, don't think thier style of play will suit him and it's not a club that can afford £40 million easily so it will come with huge expectations.

I still doubt the story.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:34am On Nov 14, 2019
Icon4s:

Thanks bro.

These are some of the kind of issues we face because of patriotism. grin The kind of things we go through to watch naija match grin

Out there majority of Nigerians never knew any such thing happened. Some didn't even border since after they didn't see it on Super Sports.

Indeed many never experienced anything near frustration yesterday over any quest to watch, observe, monitor or enjoy NIGERIA take on BENIN REPUBLIC like you rightly pointed out.

One only hopes that CAF resolves quickly the marketing and media right contract saga of its contents in a bid to better our overall viewing and consumption experiences in the shortest time possible too.

Because I believe that they are trying to break any existing Monopoly surrounding the initial contract so to say after discovering same else cancelling an original 12 years contract abtruptly all of a sudden is suspect definitely.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:42am On Nov 14, 2019
Bolowolowo:
MOSES SIMON has been more like a liability now ever since the emergence of SAMUEL KALU on the same Wing in the SE because of His final Ball to the attacking line upfront.

So, Coming on from the bench is still the best treatment for him until he becomes displaced by someone else since the SE is becoming more and more competitive now.

But could you reflect your reason(s) for him to start games for us here please?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:50am On Nov 14, 2019
Koboko99:

I've listened to these guys and they are very cool. I really like Sean Amadi, Murphy's strike partner. They both left Brila fm together for Max fm
Sorry for intruding.

Is Max FM radio also strictly a sports related Broadcast station like Brila fm?

For I also missed Frank Idemudia Alaba aka Big ID formerly of Brila fm too here in Abuja.

I can't also forget my experience with him when I got visit him in the studio for my gift after winning one of his programming teasers.

The teaser on a day earlier was actually on the report about an ITALIAN player (can't remember his name again right now) that was rumoured to have slept with over 500 Ladies.

so he asked him listeners to coin a name for him and give reasons live on air over the radio.

There and then, I mentioned RUWADISRIBUTOLOGIST.

where I explained that

1. RUWA in the North (Though I'm a SOUTH WESTERNER) means WATER.

2. DISTRIBUTO coined from Distribution

3. LOGIST came into the fold because its a name that is required and so a noun is the part of speech required.

4. Hence my Decision for the choice of RUWADISRIBUTOLOGIST

So many persons called in and gave theirs but at the end of the show, He called me out and announced me as the winner of which I had to visit the next day with a valid ID card for the gift.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2019
I got to see a video sent by a friend who recorded the full match on his samsung phone.. I have to be honest with you, it was an interesting match with Nigeria playing a fast attacking style with the mesmerizing skill of Chukueze and Kalu a delight to watch. The useless NTA i watched made it look so dull, boring and slow. God no go shame us for this country cry

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

5. While those that are closer do not even go to watch because of gate fee and fare (To and fro) as watching EPL and others on TV is cheaper?

6. Probably the only consolation they are looking at is the viewing at one's leisure time rather than a LIVE viewing since the content would always be online all the time

7. Finally finally, I'm not too pleased that my darling 3SC aka SHOOTING STARS is not part of the deal. So when shall ye come out of relegation?

Well, I've thought of all this.

point 5. Gate fee or fare has not been a problem to fans. In minna over here, Niger Tornadoes pull everyone from that big town. As I said one time we discussed. Clubs need to create stars and buzz out of their players, people will come.

All in all. The good thing from this deal is that there will be at least professional production of pictures and any Sports station that come along later on with deals will not start from square 1

Shooting stars is in a mess. I used to watch them at Lekan Salami stadium some 3 years ago. Their problem lies with seeing things to the end. When they scout for talents, it all begins well (They visit UI and PolyIB) but they later on scatter it. Funds maybe, Incompetence maybe too. I think they'd move up to the NPFL soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2019
Osimhen has to improve ooh. He missed 3 good chances that really got me pissed. Seems he doesn't like to shoot. How can he pass a ball to goalkeeper instead of shooting. You can't get a tap in all the time.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:06am On Nov 14, 2019
tbaba1234:
The biggest thing the LMC will do for our football is to mandate teams to have proper structures. Ensure that they have audited books at the end of each season, proper contracts with players, feeder teams with basic structures etc.. Even if only 10 team meet the criteria, we start the league with 10 teams.

You wouldn't be the first to raise the cries bro. This patch patch things we're doing in the name of 20Team league is a pain in the patella!

Meanwhile, in the LMC framework some of the things you mention is actually IN it! There has been no will to implement because of perhaps pity grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
This one touched my kidneys ooh grin
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:13am On Nov 14, 2019
Algeria vs Zambia and Ghana vs South Africa is another interesting match to watch today.. Problem na where man pikin go watch dem?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:17am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
I got to see a video sent by a friend who recorded the full match on his samsung phone.. I have to be honest with you, it was an interesting match with Nigeria playing a fast attacking style with the mesmerizing skill of Chukueze and Kalu a delight to watch. The useless NTA i watched made it look so dull, boring and slow. God no go shame us for this country cry
please kindly forward the video to my email address: kellyaisosaosifo@yahoo.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
Osimhen has to improve ooh. He missed 3 good chances that really got me pissed. Seems he doesn't like to shoot. How can he pass a ball to goalkeeper instead of shooting. You can't get a tap in all the time.
nacho need to be recall to the team. Rohr invited ighalo even when he was not in form so I don't know why he can't do the same for nacho and moreover, nacho is in good form having scored twice in two games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2019
kellycute:
nacho need to be recall to the team. Rohr invited ighalo even when he was not in form so I don't know why he can't do the same for nacho and moreover, nacho is in good form having scored twice in two games.

NO B ONLY NACHO...NA CHANO ROHR GO CALL..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

MOSES SIMON has been more like a liability now ever since the emergence of SAMUEL KALU on the same Wing in the SE because of His final Ball to the attacking line upfront.

So, Coming on from the bench is still the best treatment for him until he becomes displaced by someone else since the SE is becoming more and more competitive now.

But could you reflect your reason(s) for him to start games for us here please?

Olayinka is the big deal....
give him just one game to shine....

he is the kind of winger we don't know his value yet....
So selfless and hardworking...he is a terror on any defense....

wish Rohr can invite him and dessers someday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
Well, I've thought of all this.

point 5. Gate fee or fare has not been a problem to fans. In minna over here, Niger Tornadoes pull everyone from that big town. As I said one time we discussed. Clubs need to create stars and buzz out of their players, people will come.

All in all. The good thing from this deal is that there will be at least professional production of pictures and any Sports station that come along later on with deals will not start from square 1

Shooting stars is in a mess. I used to watch them at Lekan Salami stadium some 3 years ago. Their problem lies with seeing things to the end. When they scout for talents, it all begins well (They visit UI and PolyIB) but they later on scatter it. Funds maybe, Incompetence maybe too. I think they'd move up to the NPFL soon

Ameen to the 3SC moving up to the NPFL.

About the NIGER TORNADOES, I'm sure the stadium is not always full to capacity Right? While there are willing souls to watch the local clubs in NIGERIA but are handicapped financially.

Hence the inability to sponsor themselves to the stadium for a #500, #300 or #200 fee? Probably another #500 or less or even more to and fro depending on location to the stadium and additional #200 or #100 for Sachet water or soft Drinks.

Putting the above all together would just give them the impression of managing with the foreign matches on TV in viewing centers instead since they might not afford satellite dish subscription as well.

And majority of the Nigerian football fans falls into the above category oooo.

Above all, And like you said, Good quality footballers in the teams could spur a reversal of the above trend in the long run though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
Algeria vs Zambia and Ghana vs South Africa is another interesting match to watch today.. Problem na where man pikin go watch dem?

GTV could show it na since it involves Ghana and probably at home even.

ALGERIA against ZAMBIA again? Are we even in the same group as ALGERIA? of course not. Its SIERRA LEONE and LESOTHO

Addendum: Honestly you really observed OSIMHEN very well and he does needs to improve seriously.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

We hosted Nigeria 99 U20 World Cup brilliantly. The coverage was top knotch people even asked if it was NTA. The Federal Government then, I think under General Abdulsalami Abubakar bought high tech equipments and vehicles for the coverage.

What we saw yesterday was frightening. It seems NTA staff sold all the gadgets from that time because those equipments then would have provided good coverage of the game yesterday.

Even for the 2009 u-17 world cup, the federal government bought new broadcasting equipments for NTA ..those equipments I think are still at the station
.at least that's what I read online when NTA were planning a broadcasting deal with the LMC last year

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2019
IWOBI MUST LEARN FROM ARIBO
opera.com

Alex Iwobi has spent 4 years with the Super Eagles and it’s difficult to identify his best roles in the team.

It’s even more complicated for him with the retirement of John Obi Mikel, he has to assume the role of a creative number 10.
Iwobi made no impact at the World Cup last year as the coach gave him little time at the tournament.

The insurgence of Joe Aribo will now be a big worry for Iwobi as he offers more to the team and could be the pick when the chips are down.
After watching Nigeria vs Benin game, I carefully studied the roles of both players, their weaknesses, strengths and what they will bring to the team..

For better analyses, see below the truths;

POSITION/ROLES

From his first game for Nigeria against Ukraine, the world knew the perfect role for Aribo. A box to box midfielder who loves to burst forward to create and score goals. For Iwobi, he started his rise under Wenger playing as a winger and Rohr adopted that role for him. (When the confusion started)

But since Mikel was inconsistent with the team during the last year of his international career, he was drafted to the middle and that started the position problems for him.

At Rangers under Steven Gerrard, Aribo flourishes as an all-round midfielder and against Benin, he showed and played the role well having 2 shots on target.

Iwobi tried to create chances but his final balls are still his major problem and the only tangible thing he did against Benin was the 1-2 that led to the penalty which Osinhem calmly converted.

It’s now a big headache to identify the position that suits Iwobi as he plays two different roles for club and country. And for Aribo, it’s just like a puzzle as he fits well with the same role for club and country.

GOALS

At Arsenal, Iwobi struggled to get goals as he scored just 15 goals in 149 appearances. A record that led to his sale from Arsenal to Everton.

From his days at Charlton Athletic, Aribo raked up 11 goals in 84 and in just 10 games into the season at Rangers, he has scored a goal. A better goal record to Iwobi.

In 3 appearances for Super Eagles, Aribo has scored 2 goals and against Benin, he had more shots on target than Iwobi.

Managers love midfielders that add goals to their team and despite arriving camp late, Aribo played all 90 minutes.

For Iwobi, it’s now a must he improves his game as there is a better option in the middle of the park if Etebo comes back into the team.

STYLE

With his nickname, English Yaya Toure, you will know you will get the drive and goals. That’s what Aribo brings to the team.
He covered more grounds than any other player on the pitch against Benin and for Iwobi, he contributed nothing special to the team.

With the midfield crowded, Ndidi and Etebo seems like the two players with automatic shirts and Iwobi and Aribo now have to fight for the remaining slot.

Aribo looks ahead of Iwobi in the team and Iwobi must learn from Aribo if he wants to be a dynamic midfilder.

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/49bb0571cfe276f965f713fc36ed9c6c?client=news

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 10:56am On Nov 14, 2019
Humility017:

Yes you got that right about PETER OLAYINKA.

He amazes me indeed with his height not a hindrance at all whasoever.

So I believe he would deliver in the SE unlike how ONUACHU does presently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

Ameen to the 3SC moving up to the NPFL.

About the NIGER TORNADOES, I'm sure the stadium is not always full to capacity Right? While there are willing souls to watch the local clubs in NIGERIA but are handicapped financially.

Hence the inability to sponsor themselves to the stadium for a #500, #300 or #200 fee? Probably another #500 or less or even more to and fro depending on location to the stadium and additional #200 or #100 for Sachet water or soft Drinks.

Putting the above all together would just give them the impression of managing with the foreign matches on TV in viewing centers instead since they might not afford satellite dish subscription as well.

And majority of the Nigerian football fans falls into the above category oooo.

Above all, And like you said, Good quality footballers in the teams could spur a reversal of the above trend in the long run though.
grin I like the way you analyzed the money to be spent. The stadium isn't always full to capacity largely because of time and poor awareness.
But really, probably because I live up North. The men here like experiential things hence you'd see someone damn any match in Europe just to sit in the sun and hail or curse a team from the stands.

In all, I get your point. But if Malls could invite you without lips to drain your wallet, stadiums can.
Clubs need to go to work. Even in established leagues (e.g South Africas') usually have empty stadiums. I remember seeing a RCD Mallorca match recently with a very lean stadium. Clubs must do some work
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:01am On Nov 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

Even for the 2009 u-17 world cup, the federal government bought new broadcasting equipments for NTA ..those equipments I think are still at the station
.at least that's what I read online when NTA were planning a broadcasting deal with the LMC last year
Don't be surprised "evil spirits" have sold it for profits as part of "national cake" share
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2019
Big shout out to everyone who had the mind to endure that game yesterday. I commot cap for una.

I was seated in the viewing center 20 minutes before kickoff. Time reach, the match was nowhere to be found. After 15 minutes of frantic searching through virtually every channel on DSTV, we learnt the match was on Startimes, by the time we were done looking for the decoder and installing it, it was almost half time. After all this trouble, we finally connected to the worst football match airing I've ever watched all my life!.

I cursed Nigeria all the way home.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
IWOBI MUST LEARN FROM ARIBO
opera.com

Alex Iwobi has spent 4 years with the Super Eagles and it’s difficult to identify his best roles in the team.
sounds like something Omanbala or Neimar would write if they could

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
is there any way we could get the video? Is there any link where we could download it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2019
The League Management Company (LMC), organisers of the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) and Next TV Digital held a press briefing to officially announce the investment of Next TV Digital in the NPFL.

Next TV Digital , a subsidiary of Next Satellite TV, is a meld of 3 media companies (Nigus International, NigComSat, and CGWIC). They plan to invest in the production of NPFL content targeting audiences using mobile devices, aiming to be a “Netflix of Sports.”

In his remarks, Director Strategic Communications, Mr. Emeka Offor, expressed hopes that the platform will be used to showcase the best of Nigeria to Nigerians and to the rest of the world. LMC Chairman, Shehu Dikko stated that their forecast suggests that within the next five years, the NPFL will quadruple its revenue potentials and earnings with this investment.
Nigerian Telecoms Company, 9mobile, exchanged a partnership agreement with Next TV at the event. 9mobile will create a special data bundle to enable Next TV subscribers seamlessly access over-the-top (OTT) services on their mobile devices.

cc: Kbs468

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2019
Humility017:

Somebody is here smiling just because you mentioned the bolded cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:

Do you feel like sharing the video?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7639) (7640) (7641) (7642) (7643) (7644) (7645) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, Yachambliss(m), dymusty86, ThanosKilla(m), 10cedes, Marjoribanks and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.