Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679300 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7641) (7642) (7643) (7644) (7645) (7646) (7647) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Super points. It is a tough proposition either way we look at it. It might work if 9mobile has a special subscription for watching or they dash some data out specifically for the league matches.

I think people abroad would be the biggest winners.
The winners indeed would be those oversea and it would be a good one for scouts too.

let me copy you some excerpt from the update posted by Odunayaw earlier which he copied me but I would be separating them in numbers and here they go:

1. Next TV Digital , a subsidiary of Next Satellite TV, is a meld of 3 media companies (Nigus International, NigComSat, and CGWIC). They plan to invest in the production of NPFL content targeting audiences using mobile devices, aiming to be a “Netflix of Sports.”

2. 9mobile will create a special data bundle to enable Next TV subscribers seamlessly access over-the-top (OTT) services on their mobile devices.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
ok. I will send it now
Kindly foward to detailed13400@gmail.com
Thanks grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Eartquake1:

Did he get a goal or assist or a shot on target?

Chukwueze is just stagnant, fancy footwork but one dimensional
some people rather enjoy the fancy footwork
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

The winners indeed would be those oversea and it would be a good one for scouts too.

let me copy you some excerpt from the update posted by Odunayaw earlier which he copied me but I would be separating them in numbers and here they go:

1. Next TV Digital , a subsidiary of Next Satellite TV, is a meld of 3 media companies (Nigus International, NigComSat, and CGWIC). They plan to invest in the production of NPFL content targeting audiences using mobile devices, aiming to be a “Netflix of Sports.”

2. 9mobile will create a special data bundle to enable Next TV subscribers seamlessly access over-the-top (OTT) services on their mobile devices.

I think this could be good. Now we also should remember that things don't always go as planned in naija but if all goes well both all parties could be smiling at the end of the day. This could set up a better deal with more sponsors
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Icon4s:

What a show of shame. It is so so sad and disgraceful.

We had looked away from the NTA for so long only for us to realize yesterday that the station had deteriorated to this state.

Even look at the studios and the analysts there. Even the least person on this thread understands football more than both of them put together. angry

The commentors were such a joke. Don't they watch commentaries on foreign stations? And don't think it is only NTA o same goes for AIT. A bunch of people who parade themselves as sports journalists yet know nothing about sports. There is something fundamentally wrong with this country. Mediocrity every where!

If it is under a sane clime the minister of communication could have dished our quarries by this morning

Well, let me not be forced to call Nigeria a useless country angry

Honestly, i envy the Europeans a lot,everything seems to be going well with football over there.Even the stadium doesn't inspire confidence,i hate stadiums that has that track stuff.Organization sef is very poor, look at way people were loitering around during the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
Chuks is gradually becoming " an easy figured-out" player, he needs to work on himself and improve on his output
Oshimen must learn to put his laces through the ball.
Iwobi needs to learn to dominate and boss the midfield, his physical presence must be enhanced

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
Samueltemi337:
Nigerian winger Samuel Chukwueze has hinted he could leave La Liga side Villarreal CF for a dream move to the English Premier League and for game time.
Chukwueze broke unto the scene with the Yellow Submarines last season and has since been a transfer target for top sides including Liverpool.
The Winger’s €30 million valuation is putting off suitors and he has declared his interest is to join a team “where he’s wanted”.
This season despite his rising profile, the 20 year-old has come off the bench six times in his 12 league appearances and game time is a key demand on his bucket list.
Per FastTrackNaija, the player said, “My ambition is to play in the Premie League, but I want to go to a club where I’m really wanted, where I will be a starting player. Both the coach and club owner have to want me.”[sic]

Game time bawo

Is he not having game time at Villarreal ?

Anyway if Na game time Liverpool is not the club for him

Someone posted Bournemouth is interested in him ,that’s is where he will get to start all their games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
forgiveness:

I also showed you his stats in green white green and it's better than that of Kalu.

How can you even put Moses in the same category with Onuachu? Did you start following the SE?

The same Simon people said can't dribble during the AFCON was one the best dribbler according to CAF stats.
Yes you supported your argument with stats but I made reference to the below in my argument

'Analytically, If you have been following his misses in scoring or goal assist indecisions, you would understand me better.'

That his how in that regard, CHUKWUEZE is also guilty of the same offense if supposed good dribbling abilities amounts to nothing in the end as a striker because Wingers are strikers in today's football settings as out to out Strikers like FIRMINO of LIVERPOOL are rear this days.

That is why himself only plays to make his wingers in SALLAH and MANE take the shine of him instead of the opposite.

It seems you also misunderstood me too in respect of the ONUACHU reference because I made the mentioning simply for his deficiency in output as well and not about SIMON's dribbling abilities that ONUACHU is lacking in.

My followership of the SE dated back to 1994 AFCON in TUNISIA and of course the USA'
94 edition of the WORLD CUP.

So when I criticize an SE player, I do so with comparative reference to those before them really.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
komekn:

I have my doubts about that story.

Nonetheless, don't think thier style of play will suit him and it's not a club that can afford £40 million easily so it will come with huge expectations.

I still doubt the story.

I haven’t seen a link to this ,I don’t know if my guy copied it from all Nigeria soccer and co

Bournemouth will afford 40 million sir ,you should know Epl teams better than me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I think this could be good. Now we also should remember that things don't always go as planned in naija but if all goes well both all parties could be smiling at the end of the day. This could set up a better deal with more sponsors
Very well Brother and more sponsors indeed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
Koboko99:

I've listened to these guys and they are very cool. I really like Sean Amadi, Murphy's strike partner. They both left Brila fm together for Max fm

Murphy Ijemba has do much energy but I don't think he will make good commentator.Phebian Amaechi actually followed them to max FM.Sean Amadi was part of kwese TV studio analyst during the world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
Osimhen has to improve ooh. He missed 3 good chances that really got me pissed. Seems he doesn't like to shoot. How can he pass a ball to goalkeeper instead of shooting. You can't get a tap in all the time.

He will improve because he is just 21

But I am sure only few and sincere people can say this ,thou Nigerians didn’t watch the match well because of useless nta

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
oloriooko:
Chuks is gradually becoming " an easy figured-out" player, he needs to work on himself and improve on his output
Oshimen must learn to put his laces through the ball.
Iwobi needs to learn to dominate and boss the midfield, his physical presence must be enhanced
Spot on Brother. And thumbs up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
kellycute:
nacho need to be recall to the team. Rohr invited ighalo even when he was not in form so I don't know why he can't do the same for nacho and moreover, nacho is in good form having scored twice in two games.

Rohr never invited ighalo off form for club ,you can say off form for eagles but remember only club form gets you invited

Ighalo was always scoring 1 goal every 2 games in China so when was he off form ?

Peter Olayinka is there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
safarigirl:
some people rather enjoy the fancy footwork

It's not productive then

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

Yes you supported your argument with stats but I made reference to the below in my argument

'Analytically, If you have been following his misses in scoring or goal assist indecisions, you would understand me better.'

That his how in that regard, CHUKWUEZE is also guilty of the same offense if supposed good dribbling abilities amounts to nothing in the end as a striker because Wingers are strikers in today's football settings as out to out Strikers like FIRMINO of LIVERPOOL are rear this days.

That is why himself only plays to make his wingers in SALLAH and MANE take the shine of him instead of the opposite.

It seems you also misunderstood me too in respect of the ONUACHU reference because I made the mentioning simply for his deficiency in output as well and not about SIMON's dribbling abilities that ONUACHU is lacking in.

My followership of the SE dated back to 1994 AFCON in TUNISIA and of course the USA'
94 edition of the WORLD CUP.

So when I criticize an SE player, I do so with comparative reference to those before them really.

Two assists in fives matches in AFCON and an assist in the last two friendlies don't support your deficiency in out put theory.

Putting Onuachu in the same category with Simon is false and totally unacceptable because Simon has done lots in the green with green.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
Wahala dey ooh, all this plenty emails with which data kwanu. I'm trying to compress the video to save data. Please bear with me!

Send it to me while I forward to every other person. please don't compress it

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thank God oooo! Finally the Commentator of yesterday's match hv been arrested. Nigerian police is working cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
share your email address let me send it directly. He sent it to me via WhatsApp.
kellyaisosaosifo@yahoo.com please bro send to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
forgiveness:

Two assists in fives matches in AFCON and an assist in the last two friendlies don't support your deficiency in out put theory.

Putting Onuachu in the same category with Simon is false and totally unacceptable because Simon has done lots in the green with green.
Ok Forgiveness, Please let me put it this way for you to understand me clearer.

I believe you watch MANCHESTER UNITED whether or not you are a fan. Even though I am not one either.

Now, Take a look at RASHFORD And how wasteful he is always before scoring a goal and same thing applies to WELBACK when he was at MAN U and ARSENAL too.

Now, If RASHFORD were to be like his predecessors in VAN NISTEROY, ANDY COLE OR EVEN DWIGHT YORKE (hope I got their spellings right), MAN U wouldn't have been struggling by now.

That is exactly what I'm saying and not that he doesn't score goals or give assist
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
The Court of Appeals in Stockholm said in a release on Wednesday said that it was clear that Etuhu and an unnamed former player tried to influence AIK keeper Kyriakos "Kenny" Stamatopoulos to fix a match in Sweden's top division in 2017.

Etuhu, who played for several English clubs including Manchester City, Sunderland and Fulham, escaped a jail sentence but was instead fined and sentenced to serve probation, without further details being made public.

The 37-year-old, who left AIK Solna in 2016, says he will be appealing against the ruling at the Supreme Court.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50407929

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
simiife:

Honestly, i envy the Europeans a lot,everything seems to be going well with football over there.Even the stadium doesn't inspire confidence,i hate stadiums that has that track stuff. Organization sef is very poor, look at way people were loitering around during the match.

grin grin grin
Just arrive at our international Airport and the whole place will be so hot due to lack of Air conditioning system. Toilets oozing off organic smell. Leaking roofs here and there. So many things being done manually
Some times when I look at some things I go ask myself "Shey shame no dey catch us?'' angry

https://www.naijagbedu.com/the-toilets-are-full-no-water-to-flush-mary-remmy-njoku-exposes-whats-going-on-at-the-lagos-international/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Thank God oooo! Finally the Commentator of yesterday's match hv been arrested. Nigerian police is working cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin
They were two. What of the other one? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

Ok Forgiveness, Please let me put it this way for you to understand me clearer.

I believe you watch MANCHESTER UNITED whether or not you are a fan. Even though I am not one either.

Now, Take a look at RASHFORD And how wasteful he is always before scoring a goal and same thing applies to WELBACK when he was at MAN U and ARSENAL too.

Now, If RASHFORD were to be like his predecessors in VAN NISTEROY, ANDY COLE OR EVEN DWIGHT YORKE (hope I got their spellings right), MAN U wouldn't have been struggling by now.

That is exactly what I'm saying and not that he doesn't score goals or give assist

Simon Moses remains one of our best winger in Europe as at now.

When we find something better then we can begin to compare.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
Eartquake1:

Did he get a goal or assist or a shot on target?

Chukwueze is just stagnant, fancy footwork but one dimensional

Exactly. The earlier he realizes, the better.

All those him dribbles na small pikin football. He needs to mature more than that. I wonder if his coach advises him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:

This is not Nigerian police.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
witorwitoutyou:

NO B ONLY NACHO...NA CHANO ROHR GO CALL..

grin cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Koboko99:

RUWADISRIBUTOLOGIST....this your name strong oh grin grin The Italian player in question is Antonio Cassano. He said he has slept with over 500 women.

Max fm is not a strictly sport station like Brila fm. But their sports programme have a good followership due to the pair of Sean Amadi and Murphy Ijemba.
Murphy and Sean were the best in Brila fm Lagos but left after having issues with Larry, the owner of Brila fm. So most of their fans followed them to max fm.

Sean Amadi and Murphy Ijemba are blood brothers now,when they both left Brila,Saen Amadi wanted to quit that OAP job,Murphy told him he will quit too if Sean quits.

If u watch max FM advert on tvc,you will see dem making mouth about how they are 1 of the most listened to radio station in Nigeria, for my mind I go just be like, let Sean and Murphy leave that station first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
IWOBI MUST LEARN FROM ARIBO
opera.com

Alex Iwobi has spent 4 years with the Super Eagles and it’s difficult to identify his best roles in the team.

It’s even more complicated for him with the retirement of John Obi Mikel, he has to assume the role of a creative number 10.
Iwobi made no impact at the World Cup last year as the coach gave him little time at the tournament.

The insurgence of Joe Aribo will now be a big worry for Iwobi as he offers more to the team and could be the pick when the chips are down.
After watching Nigeria vs Benin game, I carefully studied the roles of both players, their weaknesses, strengths and what they will bring to the team..

For better analyses, see below the truths;

POSITION/ROLES

From his first game for Nigeria against Ukraine, the world knew the perfect role for Aribo. A box to box midfielder who loves to burst forward to create and score goals. For Iwobi, he started his rise under Wenger playing as a winger and Rohr adopted that role for him. (When the confusion started)

But since Mikel was inconsistent with the team during the last year of his international career, he was drafted to the middle and that started the position problems for him.

At Rangers under Steven Gerrard, Aribo flourishes as an all-round midfielder and against Benin, he showed and played the role well having 2 shots on target.

Iwobi tried to create chances but his final balls are still his major problem and the only tangible thing he did against Benin was the 1-2 that led to the penalty which Osinhem calmly converted.

It’s now a big headache to identify the position that suits Iwobi as he plays two different roles for club and country. And for Aribo, it’s just like a puzzle as he fits well with the same role for club and country.

GOALS

At Arsenal, Iwobi struggled to get goals as he scored just 15 goals in 149 appearances. A record that led to his sale from Arsenal to Everton.

From his days at Charlton Athletic, Aribo raked up 11 goals in 84 and in just 10 games into the season at Rangers, he has scored a goal. A better goal record to Iwobi.

In 3 appearances for Super Eagles, Aribo has scored 2 goals and against Benin, he had more shots on target than Iwobi.

Managers love midfielders that add goals to their team and despite arriving camp late, Aribo played all 90 minutes.

For Iwobi, it’s now a must he improves his game as there is a better option in the middle of the park if Etebo comes back into the team.

STYLE

With his nickname, English Yaya Toure, you will know you will get the drive and goals. That’s what Aribo brings to the team.
He covered more grounds than any other player on the pitch against Benin and for Iwobi, he contributed nothing special to the team.

With the midfield crowded, Ndidi and Etebo seems like the two players with automatic shirts and Iwobi and Aribo now have to fight for the remaining slot.

Aribo looks ahead of Iwobi in the team and Iwobi must learn from Aribo if he wants to be a dynamic midfilder.

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/49bb0571cfe276f965f713fc36ed9c6c?client=news

Thank God this writer is saying this. If it were to be a forumite, some ignorant people here would tag him/her hater. Iwobi has not been adding any value to Nigeria. He has a ratio of 1 good game to 4 bad games. If we had a better option, I would clamour for him to make peace with the bench. Iwobi isn't improving at all.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

Yes you got that right about PETER OLAYINKA.

He amazes me indeed with his height not a hindrance at all whasoever.

So I believe he would deliver in the SE unlike how ONUACHU does presently

This is one guy whose callup is questionable. I don't understand what he offers the Super Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
darkelf:

Exactly. The earlier he realizes, the better.

All those him dribbles na small pikin football. He needs to mature more than that. I wonder if his coach advises him

He needs to start making use of his right foot

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
Wahala dey ooh, all this plenty emails with which data kwanu. I'm trying to compress the video to save data. Please bear with me!

bros no compress anything oooo

nah BRODASDISTRIBUTOLOGIST we go take watch am

ah no go explain the capital letters oo,
the first five pipo you send it to tru mail, should send to others too tru same mail, by forwarding it

onye senegal and CIV oga ( ah no call person name oo) sef wan watch too

bros send am come @
charles,erobo@gmail,com

CC: chriskel and others should forward to my mail up dia pls oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7641) (7642) (7643) (7644) (7645) (7646) (7647) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: geonyte(m), solonnachi and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.