Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11708406 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7640) (7641) (7642) (7643) (7644) (7645) (7646) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:34am On Nov 14, 2019
Just watched the highlight, my God Chukwueze na baller!!!

He's way better than that Temple run Dan James in My club or Hudson Odoi at Chelsea.

He should just work on his finishing and he should not rush to the premier league yet abeg

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
I got to see a video sent by a friend who recorded the full match on his samsung phone.. I have to be honest with you, it was an interesting match with Nigeria playing a fast attacking style with the mesmerizing skill of Chukueze and Kalu a delight to watch. The useless NTA i watched made it look so dull, boring and slow. God no go shame us for this country cry

Can u pls share the link

I want to see how they scored us

I couldn't in the one I downloaded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 11:37am On Nov 14, 2019
This one week me embarassed

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2019
Olulong:

Can u pls share the link

I want to see how they scored us

I couldn't in the one I downloaded
share your email address let me send it directly. He sent it to me via WhatsApp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 11:39am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
share your email address let me send it directly. He sent it to me via WhatsApp.
timothyayideji@gmail.com

send it to too . thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:43am On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

MOSES SIMON has been more like a liability now ever since the emergence of SAMUEL KALU on the same Wing in the SE because of His final Ball to the attacking line upfront.

So, Coming on from the bench is still the best treatment for him until he becomes displaced by someone else since the SE is becoming more and more competitive now.

But could you reflect your reason(s) for him to start games for us here please?

You mean the same Simon Moses who has better records than Samuel Kalu both in the National team and Ligue 1?

See Simon Moses stats 1&2

See Kalu Samuel's stats 3&4

Now, tell me what you mean by liability. Besides, Simon Moses is LW but Rohr prefers playing him on the RW.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:43am On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

Yes you got that right about PETER OLAYINKA.

He amasses me indeed with his height not a hindrance at all whasoever.

So I believe he would deliver in the SE unlike how ONUACHU does presently
that bolded is living on a borrowed Time....

just pray Dessers gets more than 20 goals this season...that will be a plus to aid his invitee.....
will soon start messaging PINNICK and the NFF about him self....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:44am On Nov 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze is reportedly a target for Premier League side Bournemouth, with the Cherries' manager Eddie Howe sending his main scout to monitor the Nigerian international in action. Chukwueze has caught the eye in La Liga since making his debut in 2018.

Villarreal have been in excellent form so far this year, with Samuel Chukwueze scoring 2 goals in 8 games so far in the domestic league. The Nigerian winger, who stands at just 5 foot 8, came through the ranks at Villarreal's B side but prior to that played in his homeland for the Diamond Football Academy.

The player has been compared to Arjen Robben in recent months and has also been a member of UEFA.com's top 50 to watch this season, whilst the Nigerian FA named the player as the young player of the year in 2017/18 season.

It is understood that Bournemouth will have to pay up to £40 million to secure a move for Chukwueze and that the Nigerian could be signed as a possible replacement for Ryan Fraser, who has been linked with a shock move to Man Utd in recent months
. Bournemouth will surely give him the needed exposure but I want him to join a team with ambition. It is high time our players too start winning silverware.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 11:47am On Nov 14, 2019
kellycute:
please kindly forward the video to my email address: kellyaisosaosifo@yahoo.com
ok. I will send it now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 11:49am On Nov 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
The League Management Company (LMC), organisers of the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) and Next TV Digital held a press briefing to officially announce the investment of Next TV Digital in the NPFL.

Next TV Digital , a subsidiary of Next Satellite TV, is a meld of 3 media companies (Nigus International, NigComSat, and CGWIC). They plan to invest in the production of NPFL content targeting audiences using mobile devices, aiming to be a “Netflix of Sports.”

In his remarks, Director Strategic Communications, Mr. Emeka Offor, expressed hopes that the platform will be used to showcase the best of Nigeria to Nigerians and to the rest of the world. LMC Chairman, Shehu Dikko stated that their forecast suggests that within the next five years, the NPFL will quadruple its revenue potentials and earnings with this investment.
Nigerian Telecoms Company, 9mobile, exchanged a partnership agreement with Next TV at the event. 9mobile will create a special data bundle to enable Next TV subscribers seamlessly access over-the-top (OTT) services on their mobile devices.

cc: Kbs468

Great! That means one should start planning for a 9mobile network soonest ooo.

Good one from you about the recent development regarding the media coverage of the NPFL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

Sorry for intruding.

Is Max FM radio also strictly a sports related Broadcast station like Brila fm?

For I also missed Frank Idemudia Alaba aka Big ID formerly of Brila fm too here in Abuja.

I can't also forget my experience with him when I got visit him in the studio for my gift after winning one of his programming teasers.

The teaser on a day earlier was actually on the report about an ITALIAN player (can't remember his name again right now) that was rumoured to have slept with over 500 Ladies.

so he asked him listeners to coin a name for him and give reasons live on air over the radio.

There and then, I mentioned RUWADISRIBUTOLOGIST.

where I explained that

1. RUWA in the North (Though I'm a SOUTH WESTERNER) means WATER.

2. DISTRIBUTO coined from Distribution

3. LOGIST came into the fold because its a name that is required and so a noun is the part of speech required.

4. Hence my Decision for the choice of RUWADISRIBUTOLOGIST

So many persons called in and gave theirs but at the end of the show, He called me out and announced me as the winner of which I had to visit the next day with a valid ID card for the gift.

RUWADISRIBUTOLOGIST....this your name strong oh grin grin The Italian player in question is Antonio Cassano. He said he has slept with over 500 women.

Max fm is not a strictly sport station like Brila fm. But their sports programme have a good followership due to the pair of Sean Amadi and Murphy Ijemba.
Murphy and Sean were the best in Brila fm Lagos but left after having issues with Larry, the owner of Brila fm. So most of their fans followed them to max fm.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:58am On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
abeg ...help me too ..Lolz
oluwatobimoses1@gmail.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:

NTA na bastard.
Please send it to my Email also sir
Tolu7701@gmail.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
Eartquake1:
UNPOPULAR OPINION

Balogun is STILL Nigeria's best defender
Just as Rashidi Yekini is STILL Nigeria's best attacker

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
grin
No not necessarily because you live up North oo but that is the truth about the North

And that is why nowadays, NPFL stadiums in the North usually witness a fairly large turn out for NPFL matches than the South going by the relayed commentaries from myself earlier even though I'm up North too.

Interestingly, A change in the quality of players on parade in the league would ultimately overcome the time and poor awareness constraint too because sponsors would come in and create the awareness over the various States medias for every weekly fixtures

Yes football can Draw me out and it had before when I used to spend #900 to and fro within Abuja to go watch FC ABUJA when they were in the National League even before I later stopped.

Yes you are correct about empty stadia everywhere and it still boils down to the domicile economy of the affected League.

Thanks for your insight all the same.

Odunayaw:
grin I like the way you analyzed the money to be spent. The stadium isn't always full to capacity largely because of time and poor awareness.
But really, probably because I live up North. The men here like experiential things hence you'd see someone damn any match in Europe just to sit in the sun and hail or curse a team from the stands.

In all, I get your point. But if Malls could invite you without lips to drain your wallet, stadiums can.
Clubs need to go to work. Even in established leagues (e.g South Africas') usually have empty stadiums. I remember seeing a RCD Mallorca match recently with a very lean stadium. Clubs must do some work
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:

Pls send it to me too
clementoke7@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
Roma dey famZ naija sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

We hosted Nigeria 99 U20 World Cup brilliantly. The coverage was top knotch people even asked if it was NTA. The Federal Government then, I think under General Abdulsalami Abubakar bought high tech equipments and vehicles for the coverage.

What we saw yesterday was frightening. It seems NTA staff sold all the gadgets from that time because those equipments then would have provided good coverage of the game yesterday.
I'm sure they still have all their equipments, do you know supersport uses some of NTA equipments when they were still showing the NPFL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
mostob:
Roma dey famZ naija sha.

It's not for free.

Actually, NFF has an agreement with Roma for Roma to hype the SE. What Roma is getting in exchange I don't know, perhaps NFF is giving them some of our taxpayer's money.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Olulong:

He's way better than that Temple run Dan James in My club or Hudson Odoi at Chelsea.

He should just work on his finishing and he should not rush to the premier league yet abeg
grin you get wicked mouth. Temple Run bawo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
ok. I will send it now

Thunder fire NTA. Nwanne oya push am come here

Kelzspiffy@gmail.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
forgiveness:

You mean the same Simon Moses who has better records than Samuel Kalu both in the National team and Ligue 1?

See Simon Moses stats 1&2

See Kalu Samuel's stats 3&4

Now, tell me what you mean by liability. Besides, Simon Moses is LW but Rohr prefers playing him on the RW.
My reference to him being a liability is not related to his club performance oo but strictly all about the SE.

What you have to note is the fact that some people are only good at club level against their International engagement output and MOSES SIMON falls into that category just like ONUACHU is along side AKPEYI.

Analytically, If you have been following his misses in scoring or goal assist indecisions, you would understand me better.

Same reason I was very critical of THEO WALCOTT at ARSENAL back in the days.

Remember he is ahead of KALU as per SE cap,, now compare his overall output in relation to the analytic statement above and be the judge yourself please.

To some extent, CHUKWUEZE is also guilty of that as well and that was probably why he had to return to the bench at club level while nothing that he actually began the season as a first 11 starter at Villarreal

The opposite of the above is JULIUS AGHAHOWA among others.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
jihday:
I'm sure they still have all their equipments, do you know supersport uses some of NTA equipments when they were still showing the NPFL
Really shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
Mujtahida:

Just as Rashidi Yekini is STILL Nigeria's best attacker

Rashidi Yekini is retired
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Olulong:

Did he get a goal or assist or a shot on target?

Chukwueze is just stagnant, fancy footwork but one dimensional
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
Send too worldofabu@gmail.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
Koboko99:

RUWADISRIBUTOLOGIST....this your name strong oh grin grin The Italian player in question is Antonio Cassano. He said he has slept with over 500 women.

Max fm is not a strictly sport station like Brila fm. But their sports programme have a good followership due to the pair of Sean Amadi and Murphy Ijemba.
Murphy and Sean were the best in Brila fm Lagos but left after having issues with Larry, the owner of Brila fm. So most of their fans followed them to max fm.
Ok and thanks for the Player's name posted.

Same thing it was with the Big ID too. followership to a New fm station with sporting segment also.

And Interestingly, Your moniker is the same nickname a pidgin correspondent of and comedian at Brila fm Abuja bears too.

Koboko Master he is being referred
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wahala dey ooh, all this plenty emails with which data kwanu. I'm trying to compress the video to save data. Please bear with me!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
Wahala dey ooh, all this plenty emails with which data kwanu. I'm trying to compress the video to save data. Please bear with me!
grin I swear that was my thought too as to why I didn't post my mail address self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

This is absolute madness.

Who will supposedly waste his or her Data streaming NPFL matches

1. when Data is very expensive this days?

2. When there are other high quality and competitive Leagues like the EPL, La LIGA, SERIA A ETC on the same platform week in week out?

3. When The True NPFL Fans are not really based in the domicile States of the NPFL clubs like myself for stadium access?

4. Even when domicile, How about when ones aboard is very far away from the NPFL stadiums such that one cannot travel every weekend to go watch a darling Team?

5. While those that are closer do not even go to watch because of gate fee and fare (To and fro) as watching EPL and others on TV is cheaper?

6. Probably the only consolation they are looking at is the viewing at one's leisure time rather than a LIVE viewing since the content would always be online all the time

7. Finally finally, I'm not too pleased that my darling 3SC aka SHOOTING STARS is not part of the deal. So when shall ye come out of relegation?

cc
BascoVanVeli

Super points. It is a tough proposition either way we look at it. It might work if 9mobile has a special subscription for watching or they dash some data out specifically for the league matches.

I think people abroad would be the biggest winners.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

My reference to him being a liability is not related to his club performance oo but strictly all about the SE.

What you have to note is the fact that some people are only good at club level against their International engagement output and MOSES SIMON falls into that category just like ONUACHU is along side AKPEYI.

Analytically, If you have been following his misses in scoring or goal assist indecisions, you would understand me better.

Same reason I was very critical of THEO WALCOTT at ARSENAL back in the days.

Remember he is ahead of KALU as per SE cap,, now compare his overall output in relation to the analytic statement above and be the judge yourself please.

To some extent, CHUKWUEZE is also guilty of that as well and that was probably why he had to return to the bench at club level while nothing that he actually began the season as a first 11 starter at Villarreal

The opposite of the above is JULIUS AGHAHOWA among others.

I also showed you his stats in green white green and it's better than that of Kalu.

How can you even put Moses in the same category with Onuachu? Did you start following the SE?

The same Simon people said can't dribble during the AFCON was one the best dribbler according to CAF stats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7640) (7641) (7642) (7643) (7644) (7645) (7646) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone, PDPGuy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.