Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11703855 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7643) (7644) (7645) (7646) (7647) (7648) (7649) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

It's not for free.

Actually, NFF has an agreement with Roma for Roma to hype the SE. What Roma is getting in exchange I don't know, perhaps NFF is giving them some of our taxpayer's money.

or... here me out here. Roma is doing it to get Nigerian Fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

I'm not saying that MOSES SIMON has done badly but only picking up the flaws that should have made him world class by now and its the same observation with CHUKWUEZE.

I mean, The percentage contribution in the final third as Strikers.

Look, If these guys are like MANE And SALLAH for LIVERPOOL, No Team would have compare to NIGERIA in Africa by now.

I do not hate on Players like you are assuming but just making my opinion known analytically without any element of bias.

Well, I'm SORRY about mentioning JJ OKOCHA in relation to the comment about IWOBI but clearly, his continued first team appearance in the SE is because of the lack of a better competitor though

Else ARSENAL wouldn't have allowed him go like that.

I believe things would change pretty soon going by the discovery of JOE ARIBO already as he was all over the place yesterday.

Once again, I'm sorry for mentioning his Uncle for my intention was never meant as perceived already going by 2 comments about that already.

cc
BascoVanVeli

Lol ,concerning his uncle

My apologies as i got you wrong concerning moses simon

I dont just like when a player is downgraded, hope you saw when i agreed with that guy that kalu is better because of his attacking threat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
EmmGee:

or... here me out here. Roma is doing it to get Nigerian Fans
Obviously. Roma gets to extend its fanbase in naija.
They now have a swahill fan page on Twitter. Owner knows what he's doing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

I'm not saying that MOSES SIMON has done badly but only picking up the flaws that should have made him world class by now and its the same observation with CHUKWUEZE.

I mean, The percentage contribution in the final third as Strikers.

Look, If these guys are like MANE And SALLAH for LIVERPOOL, No Team would have compare to NIGERIA in Africa by now.

I do not hate on Players like you are assuming but just making my opinion known analytically without any element of bias.

Well, I'm SORRY about mentioning JJ OKOCHA in relation to the comment about IWOBI but clearly, his continued first team appearance in the SE is because of the lack of a better competitor though

Else ARSENAL wouldn't have allowed him go like that.

I believe things would change pretty soon going by the discovery of JOE ARIBO already as he was all over the place yesterday.

Once again, I'm sorry for mentioning his Uncle for my intention was never meant as perceived already going by 2 comments about that already.

cc
BascoVanVeli

Ok I get your point. No p about the Iwobi stuff I think we all know that your comment didn't come out of malice.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Aribo is a natural cm/b2b midfielder whose best attributes are driving the ball forward, ball retention and making himself available in the opponents 18 yard box to score.

He can play from the no 10 position but I will prefer any of Iwobi, ejaria or Eze in that role.

Aribo is a Yaya toure, sedou keita and Steven Gerard kind of player

Yep. I guess some people will always want to take shots at Iwobi without being reasonable with their criticisms...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
This article is spot on! I said exactly the same thing on Twitter right after Brazil vs Nigeria friendly game.

At the end of the day, I see the Super Eagles trio as: Ndidi, Etebo, and Aribo. Unless Iwobi massively improves, he will have to start on the bench going forward.

O pari

MetalJigsaw:
IWOBI MUST LEARN FROM ARIBO
opera.com

Alex Iwobi has spent 4 years with the Super Eagles and it’s difficult to identify his best roles in the team.

It’s even more complicated for him with the retirement of John Obi Mikel, he has to assume the role of a creative number 10.
Iwobi made no impact at the World Cup last year as the coach gave him little time at the tournament.

The insurgence of Joe Aribo will now be a big worry for Iwobi as he offers more to the team and could be the pick when the chips are down.
After watching Nigeria vs Benin game, I carefully studied the roles of both players, their weaknesses, strengths and what they will bring to the team..

For better analyses, see below the truths;

POSITION/ROLES

From his first game for Nigeria against Ukraine, the world knew the perfect role for Aribo. A box to box midfielder who loves to burst forward to create and score goals. For Iwobi, he started his rise under Wenger playing as a winger and Rohr adopted that role for him. (When the confusion started)

But since Mikel was inconsistent with the team during the last year of his international career, he was drafted to the middle and that started the position problems for him.

At Rangers under Steven Gerrard, Aribo flourishes as an all-round midfielder and against Benin, he showed and played the role well having 2 shots on target.

Iwobi tried to create chances but his final balls are still his major problem and the only tangible thing he did against Benin was the 1-2 that led to the penalty which Osinhem calmly converted.

It’s now a big headache to identify the position that suits Iwobi as he plays two different roles for club and country. And for Aribo, it’s just like a puzzle as he fits well with the same role for club and country.

GOALS

At Arsenal, Iwobi struggled to get goals as he scored just 15 goals in 149 appearances. A record that led to his sale from Arsenal to Everton.

From his days at Charlton Athletic, Aribo raked up 11 goals in 84 and in just 10 games into the season at Rangers, he has scored a goal. A better goal record to Iwobi.

In 3 appearances for Super Eagles, Aribo has scored 2 goals and against Benin, he had more shots on target than Iwobi.

Managers love midfielders that add goals to their team and despite arriving camp late, Aribo played all 90 minutes.

For Iwobi, it’s now a must he improves his game as there is a better option in the middle of the park if Etebo comes back into the team.

STYLE

With his nickname, English Yaya Toure, you will know you will get the drive and goals. That’s what Aribo brings to the team.
He covered more grounds than any other player on the pitch against Benin and for Iwobi, he contributed nothing special to the team.

With the midfield crowded, Ndidi and Etebo seems like the two players with automatic shirts and Iwobi and Aribo now have to fight for the remaining slot.

Aribo looks ahead of Iwobi in the team and Iwobi must learn from Aribo if he wants to be a dynamic midfilder.

http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/49bb0571cfe276f965f713fc36ed9c6c?client=news

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol ,concerning his uncle

My apologies as i got you wrong concerning moses simon

I dont just like when a player is downgraded, hope you saw when i agreed with that guy that kalu is better because of his attacking threat
Thanks for your words of understanding.

I did saw it and I applaud you for it but I don't particularly downgrade, instead, Only make reference to others' attributes that should have make them better over the ones being referenced just like you did admitted on your response to him.

Kudos Bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
.[/quote]
Icon79:

This article is spot on! I said exactly the same thing on Twitter right after Brazil vs Nigeria friendly game.

At the end of the day, I see the Super Eagles trio as: Ndidi, Etebo, and Aribo. Unless Iwobi massively improves, he will have to start on the bench going forward.

O pari

Chai! How can I get you assorted wine?

Thanks for that NDIDI, ETEBO and ARIBO mid-field mention!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

It's not for free.

Actually, NFF has an agreement with Roma for Roma to hype the SE. What Roma is getting in exchange I don't know, perhaps NFF is giving them some of our taxpayer's money.

Roma has been hyping super eagles before the nff deal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dathypebruv(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
Please Drklever drop it on my e-mail, I dey work now, once I am done at 5pm, I will distribute it to every other email. please don't compress it I beg u.

Kelzspiffy@gmail.com

Please once it gets to you forward to
Kelvinaaenaemo07@gmail.com would love to see the action...

Thanks #Ghostreader... cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Thanks bro.

Hennessy is too expensive, so I can manage Baileys cool

O pari

Kbs468:

O pari

Chai! How can I get you assorted wine?

Thanks for that NDIDI, ETEBO and ARIBO mid-field mention!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
DrKlever:
ok. I will send it now
Bros do not pass me by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nextvmodels@gmail.com

Thanks u are a GREAT GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
Drklever I am set plz send it now, I will distribute it ASAP
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Naija isn't the only mess of a country, after all wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChrisKels:

Its better not showing than showing with a nonsense view like NTA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
Drklever angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
Drklever angry
He hasn't sent it. Abi make we donate data to the clever doctor? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
Drklever angry
the Dr just went incognito since morning

Everyone been expecting the video cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 6:10pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
Drklever angry
na sit down wait we dey o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
Theirs is even better. Shebi na away in Ghana?

Same Fate await NIGERIA come Sunday because na away too.

But it could be otherwise though if sponsors are available because the one yesterday to me seems like it was as a result of an imromptu decision at the last minute.

Besides, Hardly do Nigerians watch away Qualifiers before ooo because of lack of sponsors and this is talking from experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Semi Ajayi is our best defender

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
he is better than ekong? shocked

what part of the country re you from?
jargooflife912:
Semi Ajayi is our best defender

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
he is better than ekong? shocked
what part of the country re you from?
Based on yesterday 's match, he stood out.
Ekong struggled with ball control yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2019

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
9ja fans, so he is better than ekong because he had a better performance yesterday? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ok i yaf hear
somehow:

Based on yesterday 's match, he stood out.

Ekong struggled with ball control yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
9ja fans, so he is better than ekong because he had a better performance yesterday? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ok i yaf hear

Context.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jamil Collins na real liability a beg

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
The prospect of this Nigerian team is quite scary. Many here are impatient but do not realise that these boys are still young.
The combo of Osimhen, Chuks, Kalu and Iwobi upfront is still relatively inexperienced but yet already deadly. The likes of Sallah didn't reach their level in just two or three seasons.

Afcon 2021 and WC 2022 should be very prospective for the SE. We have the quality to be better than every African team by these periods.

The only worry is the recent mismanagement of our youth teams and development. The likes of Chuks and Osimhen benefited from successful youth campaigns. They are proof that Nigeria has the football gene inherent in us and if we take the youth teams seriously we will keep unearthing talents.
We need to start grooming now, the boys who would take over from the chuks and Osimhens.

Ghana is a sad story. Between 2010 and 2018 they benefited from the crop of youth that won the U20 world cup. However corruption ate deep into their FA and they never got the youth development right again. Today they are experiencing football drought and bareness.
They go up against South Africa tonight and I predict a loss for them.
They are a lesson to us and an episode we must avoid.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
Jamil Collins na real liability a beg

You must find one fault always for that guy body

Jamilu collins na one of your biggest nightmare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

You must find one fault always for that guy body
Jamilu collins na one of your biggest nightmare
Sure u know what it means for something to be one's nightmare?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
ChrisKels:
Please Drklever drop it on my e-mail, I dey work now, once I am done at 5pm, I will distribute it to every other email. please don't compress it I beg u.

Kelzspiffy@gmail.com

BROS !!!!!!!! ijaw people say; SEE ME HERE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

consultkitetech@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7643) (7644) (7645) (7646) (7647) (7648) (7649) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Napoleon55(m), Kog45(m), lordofstrings and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.