Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11669142 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7941) (7942) (7943) (7944) (7945) (7946) (7947) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2019
They shouldn't try this in Nigeria. Most of the fans are not informed plus the vote will be manipulated.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
safarigirl:

If the learned prof has time, he may also expatiate on the following:

3) Komekn Theory 3: A Player is Only as Good as His Last Game

And, give a loaded dissertation, on the topic:

PREJUDICE AND EMOTIVE BIAS IN EUROPE: A GUIDE ON HOW A PLAYER'S GROWTH CAN BE STUNTED BY LACK OF MANAGERIAL FAITH using Dominic Iorfa as a case study
grin nearly collapsed grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
It is all but confirmed that Super Eagles winger Moses Simon will become a permanent Nantes player in the coming weeks, barring an injury or severe loss of form.

La Liga side Levante inserted a purchase clause set at five million euros in the deal taking the Nigeria international to Nantes in August 2019.

Our colleagues at Eldesmarque is reporting that the purchase option will be automatically activated in case Simon scores 10 goals across all competitions or plays 25 matches.

With the second half of the season yet to begin, the former Gent star is close to landing a new deal at Nantes, having netted 5 goals - two in the Ligue 1 and three in the Coupe de la Ligue.

Simon has been involved in 16 games in all competitions and should he feature in Nantes next nine matches, December 14 - February 8, then his move will be made permanent.

The 24-year-old struggled in his first season in Spain, making only 8 starts from a possible 38 in La Liga, and found the back of the net only once.

Levante are willing to have Simon back in the fold on the back of his impressive performances at Nantes but the stumbling block is that the winger's future is no longer in their hands due to the purchase clause inserted into the deal that took him to France.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2019
charlesemeka85:
It is all but confirmed that Super Eagles winger Moses Simon will become a permanent Nantes player in the coming weeks, barring an injury or severe loss of form.

La Liga side Levante inserted a purchase clause set at five million euros in the deal taking the Nigeria international to Nantes in August 2019.

Our colleagues at Eldesmarque is reporting that the purchase option will be automatically activated in case Simon scores 10 goals across all competitions or plays 25 matches.

With the second half of the season yet to begin, the former Gent star is close to landing a new deal at Nantes, having netted 5 goals - two in the Ligue 1 and three in the Coupe de la Ligue.

Simon has been involved in 16 games in all competitions and should he feature in Nantes next nine matches, December 14 - February 8, then his move will be made permanent.

The 24-year-old struggled in his first season in Spain, making only 8 starts from a possible 38 in La Liga, and found the back of the net only once.

Levante are willing to have Simon back in the fold on the back of his impressive performances at Nantes but the stumbling block is that the winger's future is no longer in their hands due to the purchase clause inserted into the deal that took him to France.

Good one for Simon

One of the most trolled player here along side Collins

He is not a fan favorite but he has done so well this season

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
tbaba1234:
They shouldn't try this in Nigeria. Most of the fans are not informed plus the vote will be manipulated.
Amuneke or Siasia would be our coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
Icon4s:

Atalanta
We are selling pepper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
tbaba1234:
this is so wrong! Maybe the fans should also make player selections in their respective games grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kris(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lol. Atarodo? Bawo ni oja?

somehow:

We are selling pepper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
A Nigerian kid made his champions league debut yesterday with no noise made about him.

Joshua Zirkzee came on for Bayern Munich against Spurs.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
wow thats good. which position does he play?
tbaba1234:
A Nigerian kid made his champions league debut yesterday with no noise made about him.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
charlesemeka85:
wow thats good. which position does he play?

He is a striker. CF or support striker.

Full name: Joshua Orobosa Zirkzee, from Edo state apparently.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

Good one. The Orobosa middle name huh?

I see some bits of the Dutch media already all over the lad. Lad is sooooo big! Gosh.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Good one. The Orobosa middle name huh?

I see some bits of the Dutch media already all over the lad. Lad is sooooo big! Gosh.

I have known about him for a while. He identifies with his Nigerian roots but he has played for the dutch youth teams.

If we want to get him, it must be before he becomes a star.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2019
ok boss, tnks 4 the info
tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
FC Luzern striker Blessing Eleke is being linked with a transfer to African powerhouse Al Alhy in the January transfer window, according to reports emanating from the Egyptian media.

Al Ahly are now being managed by former Switzerland international defender René Weiler, who coached Eleke at Luzern during the 2018-2019 season.

The eight-time African champions are in the market for a striker, with Junior Ajayi, Walid Azaro, Marwan Mohsen, and Salah Mohsen failing to convince Weiler this season, accounting for only 7 of the 25 goals scored by Al Ahly.

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been doing some digging and it can be revealed that Al Ahly have yet to make contact with Eleke about joining the club next month.

And even if the Reds eventually firm up their interest with an official bid to Luzern, they are unlikely to get the green light from Eleke as moving to an African club at this stage of his career is not one of his targets.

Previously, the 23-year-old turned out for Gorica, Olimpija Ljubljana and Ashdod before sealing a move to Luzern in July 2018.

He has scored 20 goals in 60 games since moving to Switzerland and has Europa League qualifying games under his belt.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

I have known about him for a while. He identifies with his Nigerian roots but he has played for the dutch youth teams.

I have always mentioned him here....
Rohr will have to act fast...getting him will be a coup because the Dutch won't like let him slip between their fingers....

the guy is lethal in front of goal....

Can ROHR get this lad for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

Rohr will have to act fast...getting him will be a coup because the Dutch won't like let him slip between their fingers....

the guy is lethal in front of goal.......

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Humility017:

Everyone should be gotten.
Lethal after barely 6mins in a UCL game too. Am I surprised its coming from you? No way

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
First of all, those at the NFF gotta know about this kid. Just guessing on how much they know, but I believe none of them do at the moment. We gotta alert them.

I recall the kid especially from a preseason game in 2018 where he scored against PSG with Buffon in goal. Very big kid with David Luiz kinda hair. Lol.

tbaba1234:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

Goodness me! Kaaiii...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

Most of the fans will vote for Guardiola grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
FC Luzern in Swiss Super League to Al Ahly in Egypt?? That would be a step down.

charlesemeka85:
FC Luzern striker Blessing Eleke is being linked with a transfer to African powerhouse Al Alhy in the January transfer window, according to reports emanating from the Egyptian media.

Al Ahly are now being managed by former Switzerland international defender René Weiler, who coached Eleke at Luzern during the 2018-2019 season.

The eight-time African champions are in the market for a striker, with Junior Ajayi, Walid Azaro, Marwan Mohsen, and Salah Mohsen failing to convince Weiler this season, accounting for only 7 of the 25 goals scored by Al Ahly.

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been doing some digging and it can be revealed that Al Ahly have yet to make contact with Eleke about joining the club next month.

And even if the Reds eventually firm up their interest with an official bid to Luzern, they are unlikely to get the green light from Eleke as moving to an African club at this stage of his career is not one of his targets.

Previously, the 23-year-old turned out for Gorica, Olimpija Ljubljana and Ashdod before sealing a move to Luzern in July 2018.

He has scored 20 goals in 60 games since moving to Switzerland and has Europa League qualifying games under his belt.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2019
Humility017:

Dude relax, get this get that

How many players go play for SE?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
Just like Zirkzee, Bayern have another very young striker (19 yo), Jann Fiete Arp. Arp was at the U-17 WC in 2017 (that's where I first saw the lad).

I understand it is injury to this lad that gave Zirkzee this chance to make his UCL debut. From What I hear, Arp is a little more highly rated although both are well rated at Bayern only that Arp is little more reverred.

Chance and time indeed happeneth to us all. wink

tbaba1234:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
Rohr?? No naa.... I was even thinking the NFF. Josh Zirkzee is 18 and would be eligible for the next U-20 team in 2021. He can start off from there.

Humility017:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2019
kris:
Lol. Atarodo? Bawo ni oja?

lol I was trying to interprete the meaning in Yoruba language using english

hope I got it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2019
jihday:
Using this statement I can say Iorfa isn't EPL quality that's why wolves decided to send him to the reserve the moment they gained promotion

Before you make deduction make sure that's it's underpinned with facts.

Nuno and Mendes super agent completed control of Wolves in the 2017/18 season.

At the end of the 2016/17 season, Dominic had played near 100 games over three consecutive seasons and a first team regular. Kaurtney Hause also amongst other English players where first team regulars.

Dominic went on loan 2017/18 season to Ipswich where he layer got injured. He then transfered to Sheffield Wednesday in January 2019.

Wolves gained promotion to the EPL in 2018/19 one season later. So your claim is essentially false and not factual.

But that's quite common here false claims and presumption from perception not facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

But how many people go play for SE?

Looks so big

Zirkzee is a weird surname for an Edo person
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2019
Provoker:
ig we are to remove the championship then we exclude the Belgium league too
You said in-form and didn't specify in Europe top 5 leagues
And at the bolded , are they inform and are you counting prospects?

Go back and read my posts. I will not repeat myself Ad infinitum

The topic before we completely digress is comparison of IN-FORM players of Senegal to Nigeria. That's the context and subject.

The benchmark was top 5 European leagues as an indicator of outright quality.

HERE and NOW and lower league outstanding players are not within the remit of this particular discourse.

Unless you want to provoke a different discussion. That's the discourse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
Olulong:

Stop giving excuses if Sarr was a Nigerian Player, you wouldn't not be giving this silly excuses.

And when we are talking of form we are talking of the here and now in your own words. Salif Sane performance over the last 5 seasons is not what is been discussed now but his performance this season and that is what we mean by FORM.

And finally stop changing the topic of discussion we are talking about Senegalese Players and not French Players of Senegalese origin because if that's the topic been discussed there are also hundreds of Nigerian origin players in the English Leagues

Name how many Nigerian players in the EPL by your own standard

Then compare that to Senegalese players in just the French league one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2019
Olulong:

But you can make silly excuses for Ismailla Sarr for underperforming

Mtcheew

And you can make momentous multi faceted excuses for KC not perfoming.

I said Ismaila Sarr has not been good enough. I actually didn't give him much credence, I said he was unfit. If you back quite a few weeks ago l posted a YouTube video of him in training

Facts are facts not surprisingly he got injured and couldn't play. Hamstring and ankle injury. Is that what you call excuses.

In your condescending words " silly excuses "

See the screen shots below of the silly excuses self explanatory.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
Humility017:

Lethal in front of goal...interesting.. Aw many of his matches av u watched? cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7941) (7942) (7943) (7944) (7945) (7946) (7947) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), ouzo1(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.