Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7941) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11650407 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7938) (7939) (7940) (7941) (7942) (7943) (7944) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2019
Sportilitica:

Hmmmm. Why don't we just wait till 10 games to judge. He is rediscovering his lost confidence. Let him continue to achieve before one dip in form now will lead to people insulting the dude.

We all hope he keeps it up

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Stop covering up for your self ,because you insulted the north indirectly ,but if Na forgiveness you go attack am

Pot dey call kettle black ,lol

Your moniker no even fit you self

Bro it’s fine I have no issues with anyone

All good bro

Hope you are having a blessed day

Cheers

It is very clear you never understood my posts on the northerners & southerners the other time; the non-uniform spree of development and education.

Even when the other learned guy...really can't spell his name try to correct you...that him being a northerner also...that I simply stated the truth....

I will say those posts were not meant for you.... komekn also jumped to comment without going through the original posts...

I even stated their areas of strengths and what stands for them as a plus...I talked on the colonial educational policy and how it currently impacted on the current eductional level both south and northern regions....

If I don't tell you...would you have know my tribe?

Will advise you look for a more better word to call someone Rather than quickly resort to the call of TRIBALIST which you're abusing the word....

Well...my day went well...though quite stressed.
Thanks and do have a good night rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Stop covering up for your self ,because you insulted the north indirectly ,but if Na forgiveness you go attack am

Pot dey call kettle black ,lol

Your moniker no even fit you self

Bro it’s fine I have no issues with anyone

All good bro

Hope you are having a blessed day

Cheers

It is very clear you never understood my posts on the northerners & southerners the other time; the non-uniform spree of development and education.

Even when the other learned guy...really can't spell his name try to correct you...that him being a northerner also...that I simply stated the truth....

I will say those posts were not meant for you.... komekn also jumped to comment without going through the original posts...

I even stated their areas of strengths and what stands for them as a plus...I talked on the colonial educational policy and how it currently impacted on the current eductional level both south and northern regions....

If I don't tell you...would you have know my tribe?

Will advise you look for a more better word to call someone Rather than quickly resort to the call of TRIBALIST which you're abusing the word........

Well...my day went well...though quite stressed.
Thanks and do have a good night rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
komekn:

This na person were go school.

Suppose know say a word has meaning from the words and subject surrounding it in other words context.

But unfortunately she doesn't just argument without substance or rational.
look at how far sense is from you

You don't even know Joebie is taking sides with me, or you did not see the definition of 'in form' that he attached?

Whichever school you supposedly went to, ought to ask you to return their certificate and pay them damages for wasting their time.

Oya chop the meaning again, since you missed it the first time, substanceless being.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
Joebie:
Komekn , oya take that

please post it again, he didn't have his glasses on, to read this post well

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
Komekn
You shouldn't forget to note that M'Baye Niang has played more minutes than josh maja thus leading to him scoring more goals
The stats says it

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:
Earthquake won’t see Gabriel Jesus scoring hatrick but he knows how to troll me if Jesus failed to score in a game

Smh

Earthquake is a tribalist for always berating Gabby Jesus grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zayyadidris(m): 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2019
komekn:

Go back and look at core subject which country has the most IN-FORM players which in itself alludes to top quality outstanding consistent performing players.

Then the bench mark from which the context of this discourse emanates from which s the top 5 leagues in Europe.

As good as Ajayi is he is in the Championship most probable he will be in the EPL next season. Until then he is not in the equation.

If we are to look at French league two then we are literally talking 75 Senegalese players at least, they are too many to count.

That's the context.
what about your ideology on lion in lower league?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
M'Baye Niang has played a total of 1219 mins of football this season thereby having 174 mins per goal
While Josh maja have just played 513 mins of football this season with a goal per minute of 103 mins per goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2019
edi287:

Chief, I never see am talk anything that's tribalist. Maybe I'm missing something.

Nothing is missing jare... it is normal for Andrew to call anybody that constantly criticizes a player here tribalist

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
komekn:

Go back and look at core subject which country has the most IN-FORM players which in itself alludes to top quality outstanding consistent performing players.

Then the bench mark from which the context of this discourse emanates from which s the top 5 leagues in Europe.

As good as Ajayi is he is in the Championship most probable he will be in the EPL next season. Until then he is not in the equation.

If we are to look at French league two then we are literally talking 75 Senegalese players at least, they are too many to count.

That's the context.

So it is no longer about HERE AND NOW

U have switched the narrative to include five seasons ago?

U are a clown, seriously grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Okay,let me roll.Good evening guys,my name is Simi, I'm very crazy about football, as a matter of fact,I love Barcelona a lot. I will be writing jamb next year and I will have the whole year to myself after jamb.So i thought I shouldn't waste that time,instead of staying at home doing nothing,i will love to attend any football scouting program (I sabi play ball small).

So i want you all to assist me by informing me about any scouting program you know of.I informed my parents about my plans of nurturing a football career and they didn't object. I wouldn't want my awkward love for football go to waste,i see myself playing professional football in future.

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
zayyadidris:

"Lion in a small league" is probably the biggest lie ever told on this thread grin !

A deceitful phrase created only to be used to the advantage of certain players..

The second biggest lie is "Football is about here and now"

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol

You get wahala sha

You joke no be here

I am sure you are just joking,but i hope others don’t take it serious

Marcelo the clown grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
grin Unrepentant prejudiced and emotive biased fellows shouldn't be taken serious here

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
So Atlanta qualified for the next round

Never say never
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eizzy003:
M'Baye Niang has played a total of 1219 mins of football this season thereby having 174 mins per goal
While Josh maja have just played 513 mins of football this season with a goal per minute of 103 mins per goal

Ad you didnt tag chriskels?

You no try bros

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
But he started against Atletico Madrid did he not? He also started against Barca earlier this season did he not? In the biggest games Villarreal have played, he has started. The reason for him being benched sometimes is simply a matter of tactics and not form. Villarreal can play the 4-4-2 today, 4-3-3 next week and then a 4-2-3-1 on another day. These tactical formation changes are reasons why Calleja doesn't play Chuks from the start in all games. And when he is benched, he is usually introduced early in the second half almost all the time.

That means he is not the key player, no matter the formation a team plays they will always factor their key player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2019
kellycute:
see who is talking. Nacho silenced you and literally chased you out of this thread for days cos of his splendor and orgasmically performance few days ago. You are back now to sharp your mouth as usual but don't worry nacho will be back to do the lord's work and I will be here to spread the lord's work cheesy. In case you have forgotten so soon, abeg hold this capital 'L' from nacho.... 4 games.. 4 goals, 2 assists and a fantastic nutmeg prior to the heavenly through ball to vardy!!!.
This is not about hatred, once Iheanacho start playing regularly and scoring goals, surely. I will start praising him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
ChrisKels:

grin
Lol.... Chriskels you're wicket
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
Danielnino00:

"Lion in a small league" is probably the biggest lie ever told on this thread grin !

A deceitful phrase created only to be used to the advantage of certain players..

grin
Lol...abeg you funny.

This two phrase are the legendary.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
He is a key player. Reason why he has started all their biggest games and also features early enough from the bench as a game changer when the coach wants to start him from the second half depending on the formation employed.

BARAJ92:
That means he is not the key player, no matter the formation a team plays they will always factor their key player.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
zayyadidris:

Go back to the context of the discourse we are comparing national team quality players between Senegal and Nigeria at least on paper.

Keeping with the theme of top quality l used the top 5 leagues in Europe as a bench mark.

So in this regard Ajayi is not in the running for now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
I hope west brom gain promotion to the epl

Them and leads united are so consistent

Semi ajayi has done so well, if he continues like this he should be making championship team of the season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
Don't mind Komekn. Always twisting and turning with those two statements. Uses it to defend the players he love with total blind bias (players under the English born banner) and drops it when it also applies beautifully to certain players not under the umbrella of "English born".

Since he uses these standard statements of his in an emotively biased way which punctures/defeats his own arguments in several ways when the Non-english born Naija boys begin to fall into same category, then it is no use paying heed to such statements made under an air of pseudo-intellectual mumblings and point blank biased laden understanding. grin

It is null and void. smiley

Danielnino00:

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
I hope same too for Semi Ajayi and West Brom, Andy. But shaa... Let's take it week by week. The Championship race is a much longer one than the EPL race.

andrewbaba44:

Semi ajayi has done so well, if he continues like this he should be making championship team of the season.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
BARAJ92:
This is not about hatred, once Iheanacho start playing regularly and scoring goals, surely. I will start praising him.

Me too.

Putting matters in context this is players who had not scored in the EPL for over a year.

Add to that he has played 50 plus games in the EPL for Leicester and scored if l remember correctly 5 goals add these two and it's 7 goals in three seasons and 50+ plus games.

Yes he is improving but he has a long way to go before we call him an IN- FORM striker and or forward player.

But of course it will be construed as blind prejudice and negative bias and therefore HATRED by quite a good number of contributors here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
I hope same too for Semi Ajayi and West Brom, Andy. But shaa... Let's take it week by week. The Championship race is a much longer one than the EPL race.

Agreed bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:48pm On Dec 11, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Don't mind Komekn. Always twisting and turning with those two statements. Uses it to defend the players he love with total blind bias (players under the English born banner) and drops it when it also applies beautifully to certain players not under the umbrella of "English born".

Since he uses these standard statements of his in an emotively biased way which punctures/defeats his own arguments in several ways, then it is no use paying her to such statements made under an air of pseudo-intellectual mumblings. grin

It is null and void. smiley

My proposition remains without contradiction.

Now name the players
according to you that I have put aside that my never ending proposition for . And as such l am being biased prejudiced and unbalanced with negative deductions towards Nigerian home grown and born players.

I challenge you no vitriolic rhetoric and abuse just name them. If you make a claim and or allegation I'm not even asking you to substantiate. Just name them very simple.

I will remind you before you misrepresent as you often do.

It's better to be a Lion in a lower league and club than an anonymous mouse in a top club and league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:48pm On Dec 11, 2019
komekn:

Me too.

Putting matters in context this is players who had not scored in the EPL for over a year.

Add to that he has played 50 plus games in the EPL for Leicester and scored if l remember correctly 5 goals add these two and it's 7 goals in three seasons and 50+ plus games.

Yes he is improving but he has a long way to go before we call him an IN- FORM striker and or forward player.

But of course it will be construed as blind prejudice and negative bias and therefore HATRED by quite a good number of contributors here.

stop embarrassing yourself on the internet.

As far as the here and now is concerned, Iheanacho is inform. It was still yout that boldly claimed to us here, that a player is only as good as his last game. Based on Iheanacho's last game, any neutral person will agree he is truly in form, but since you stink of prejudice and emotive bias you no go gree, then you are here claiming you aren't a hater.

You are now rounding up all his games over the last five years to defend your bias, look at how you are making a fool of yourself and contradicting your own words. Come and give me a list of players that have been in form five years in a row. Going by this your useless analysis, even your Tammy Abraham is not in form, after all, not so long ago, he was a massive flop in EPL.

You should take an entire bottle of those Bitterness pills you earlier recommended.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
andrewbaba44:

It's too early to say the Championship is a hard grueling marathon not a sprint.

I have seen teams at the top in January by April / May they were out if the players offs. Examples are Leeds and Derby County.

Nonetheless, of all the teams the best equipped in my opinion for this long haul is WBA. They have strength indepth and the best squad with quality players with EPL pedigree.

But in football anything can happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2019
Emmanuel Dennis with an assist against Madrid
Fine player..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7938) (7939) (7940) (7941) (7942) (7943) (7944) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), Longneck, ThanosKilla(m), hatakekakashi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.