Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723484 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8477) (8478) (8479) (8480) (8481) (8482) (8483) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

Lagos State government has built about 3 or 5 isolation wards.. I'm not sure how many but it's not only the one at Onikan stadium..
They plan to build more soon . 1000 bed isolation wards altogether .

If u wanna hear how far they have gone with everything, tune in to TVC or channels news regularly. The presidential taskforce on coronavirus are always there...

Please they should leave the story and start testing on a wider scale. They should know they are playing with lives thst the money they are eating cannot buy. They should plan for a wider spread of testing to find the magnitude of spread or step down let more competent hands do the work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

The lockdown did not come from the Italian contact but from Nigerians who returned from UK, US and Italy. That is the wave we are dealing with, even though I believe there was still an earlier wave of infections going on.

If you have followed the way this thing spreads, focusing on primary contacts is not the best. But, strategic testing to cover a wide area to detect possible spread.

At the moment, little tests is going on outside Lagos and Abuja. Little Channel of resources is taking place and we know this thing spreads widely.

Sticking to primary/secondary contacts is a joke. The tracking will not work.

The solution is to channel all resources into massive testing, isolating and treating. Any other thing now is incompetence.

I have seen governors in US accept their limitations and call for support. These guys should stop deceiving themselves. I can see through the scam.

You want us to conduct mass testing but you think a lockdown isn't necessary .
Do explain how a country like Nigeria can conduct mass testing a day without having to lockdown the country?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

Lagos State government has built about 3 or 5 isolation wards.. I'm not sure how many but it's not only the one at Onikan stadium..
They plan to build more soon . 1000 bed isolation wards altogether .

If u wanna hear how far they have gone with everything, tune in to TVC or channels news regularly. The presidential taskforce on coronavirus are always there...

N5 Billion siphoned in the last few days in a country that don't have enough testing centres. And you want me to clap for them.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

Please they should leave the story and start testing on a wider scale. They should know they are playing with lives thst the money they are eating cannot buy. They should plan for a wider spread of testing to find the magnitude of spread or step down let more competent hands do the work.

You are the one who asked what the presidency is doing and I'm telling you that there's a presidential taskforce in place that's responsible for managing the pandemic...

If you want to know what they are up to,watch Channels and TVC news regularly..they do press briefing there everyday... But if you think they are just telling stories,why did you ask ??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

You want us to conduct mass testing but you think a lockdown isn't necessary .
Do explain how a country like Nigeria can conduct mass testing a day without having to lockdown the country?

I did not say it is not necessary. Get the point. I said it is ineffective if we are not testing. If we are to gain from the Lockdown, we are to test in a large scale.

Get it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

You are the one who asked what the presidency is doing and I'm telling you that there's a presidential taskforce in place that's responsible for managing the pandemic...

If you want to know what they are up to,watch Channels and TVC news regularly..they do press briefing there everyday... But if you think they are just telling stories,why did you ask ??

More of presidential jokers, if not they would have told the president the priority is to test than share money. If not his thieves will not see money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

I did not say it is not necessary. Get the point. I said it is ineffective if we are not testing. If we are to gain from the Lockdown, we are to test in a large scale.

Get it?

No,I don't get it .. explain how mass testing will be done without the lockdown...

You just applauded south Africa for their effort,yet South Africa itself is on a 21 days lockdown. And they are even planning to extend it to another 21 days..

How can Nigeria conduct mass testing please ??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

They have N15 Billion for just Covid-19. That is enough for strategic planning and execution to combat this at this stage to prevent a nationwide outbreak. That is not happening.
convert that amount to dollars compare to what 1 state in the US is spending to battle the virus then you will know how inadequate it is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
chrisooblog:
convert that amount to dollars compare to what 1 state in the US is spending to battle the virus then you will know how inadequate it is

If it is inadequate, why are they wasting it? They should give us a breakdown on the expenses spent for each action step.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
chrisooblog:

15 billion is enough to work and carryout strategic tests if they were serious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

More of presidential jokers, if not they would have told the president the priority is to test than share money. If not his thieves will not see money.

You shouldn't have asked me then .. since u already know that the presidency is a comedy zone...

If u aren't willing to listen to the information being disseminated by the people in charge of the pandemic in this country,then I'm afraid you will miss the progresses being achieved in the fight against the virus. Like the 25 patients that have been discharged so far...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

No,I don't get it .. explain how mass testing will be done without the lockdown...

You just applauded south Africa for their effort,yet South Africa itself is on a 21 days lockdown. And they are even planning to extend it to another 21 days..

How can Nigeria conduct mass testing please ??

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

That is my statement.

Meaning Lockdown is effective if we are also testing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

You shouldn't have asked me then .. since u already know that the presidency is a comedy zone...

If u aren't willing to listen to the information being disseminated by the people in charge of the pandemic in this country,then I'm afraid you will miss the progresses being achieved in the fight against the virus. Like the 25 patients that have been discharged so far...

They should give us a breakdown of the expenses.

N15 Billion. How much spent, what was it spent on and how much is remaining. Ogini.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

That is my statement.

Meaning Lockdown is effective if we are also testing.

But we are carrying out testings...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

N5 Billion siphoned in the last few days in a country that don't have enough testing centres. And you want me to clap for them.
that screenshot you posted do you know anambra beneficiaries received there's too? please there are many things to criticize this govt with not misinformation or half truth

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2020
chrisooblog:
that screenshot you posted do you know anambra beneficiaries received there's too? please there are many things to criticize this govt with not misinformation or half truth

Beneficiaries are not as much priority as getting test centres and kits. Why not channel it to seeking for testing sites.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

15 billion is enough to work and carryout strategic tests if they were serious.
how do you know it's enough are you an expert in battling pandemic?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

But we are carrying out testings...

How many compared to the population in the country? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
chrisooblog:
how do you know it's enough are you an expert in battling pandemic?

How do you know it is not enough?

I said strategic, not mass testing. Get it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
For those who believe in God Almighty and are Christians, pray and take the needed precautions. There is nothing to be afraid of if you have accepted Christ. The Bible says God does not give us the Spirit of fear, so don’t fall to the fear mongers and to some pastors now who are busy spreading conspiracy theories. Pray, take precautions and leave the rest to God.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

We have not taken any serious action to curb a possible high spread in the Nation. People still move freely because of the news of low death rate and exposure. People still mingle without fear because of same reason. Unless we start testing in large number, we can not ascertain how well we have done in preventing possible spread.

You cannot fight what you cannot see.

You are right that without testing and mitigating actions to limit and or treat infected persons. Then your ability to halt the virus is limited.

However, considering we don't have the capacity to do mass comprehensive testing. We probably never will.

Then PREVENTION is your best option and in this regard here lies our best strategy apart from prayer.

In addition boosting your immunity with what you eat and do.

Then using combination drugs for those who are affected and showing symptoms.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

How do you know it is not enough?

I said strategic, not mass testing. Get it?
I'm not an expert but neither are you so how can you say with authority what would be adequate?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
Joebie:
For those who believe in God Almighty and are Christians, pray and take the needed precautions. There is nothing to be afraid of if you have accepted Christ. The Bible says God does not give us the Spirit of fear, so don’t fall to the fear mongers and to some pastors now who are busy spreading conspiracy theories. Pray, take precautions and leave the rest to God.

Agreed without reservation

Prayer in truth and in spirit above all.

But wisdom in what you do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
jieta:
Oga komekn, to be sincere am flattered by your continues praise of Nigeria health system is unlike you, Just look at the way you are rubbishing the UK health system is unlike you to be sincere.

[b]
You that have never see anything good in Nigeria, from our useless politicians to buhari failed administration. But here you are with a different [/b]view

Seriously, i prefer the 2019 komekn this 2020 own is too lenient. Stay safe boss.

It simply means you do not know me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
jieta:
Oga komekn, to be sincere am flattered by your continues praise of Nigeria health system is unlike you, Just look at the way you are rubbishing the UK health system is unlike you to be sincere.

You that have never see anything good in Nigeria, from our useless politicians to buhari failed administration. But here you are with a different view

Seriously, i prefer the 2019 komekn this 2020 own is too lenient. Stay safe boss.

It simply means you do not know me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2020
chrisooblog:
I'm not an expert but neither are you so how can you say with authority what would be adequate?

A systematic test will require using limited resources to try to carryout the possible spread of infection. It will not require a large some of money. So it will be adequate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 10:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
komekn:

You cannot fight what you cannot see.

You are right that without testing and mitigating actions to limit and or treat infected persons. Then your ability to halt the virus is limited.

However, considering we don't have the capacity to do mass comprehensive testing. We probably never will.

Then PREVENTION is your best option and in this regard here lies our best strategy apart from prayer.

In addition boosting your immunity with what you eat and do.

Then using combination drugs for those who are affected and showing symptoms.

We must not be perfect or adequate but my criticism comes with the channelling of resources and not briefing the presidency of the magnitude of the worst case scenario.

Not letting him know the urgent need to channel resources to reduce the possible damages.

Using 5 Billion for two days school feeding when we lack adequate test centres is foolish and that is due to ill informed advices coming from the NCDC and Ministry of health.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
MainJoe:

We must not be perfect or adequate but my criticism comes with the channelling of resources and not briefing the presidency of the magnitude of the worst case scenario.

Not letting him know the urgent need to channel resources to reduce the possible damages.

Using 5 Billion for two days school feeding when we lack adequate test centres is foolish and that is due to ill informed advices coming from the NCDC and Ministry of health.
You are just going back to front, fooling yourself here. In your own field, I can bet you are not even regarded amongst 1,000 best in your locality, but you are here online acting like you know it all, even more than the Profs and experts presently managing this pandemic in Nigeria. Oga since testing is your problem, how many people have you helped fellow Nigerians to test since the government doesn't know what they are doing?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Arabiandude:

You are just going back to front, fooling yourself here. In your own field, I can bet you are not even regarded amongst 1,000 best in your locality, but you are here online acting like you know it all, even more than the Profs and experts presently managing this pandemic in Nigeria. Oga since testing is your problem, how many people have you helped fellow Nigerians to test since the government doesn't know what they are doing?

A personal attack does not change the fact that we are channelling resources where it is not needed. N5 Billion for an invisible School feeding program.

You do not need to be the best 10,000 in your field to know that it is ridiculous if we are not channelling money into testing but school feeding and ghost palliatives.

Attack as much as you want if it hurts you. It will not change the fact that screaming Lockdown in States means there is a chance of Covid-19 exposures. That means tests in these States are required. So please, why channel money to school feeding program?

Why not quarantine returnees but send them home for self isolation?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MainJoe: 12:08am On Apr 05, 2020
Covid-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis

https://www.nairaland.com/5774646/covid-19-kingsley-moghalus-statement-crisis

Interesting read.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 1:12am On Apr 05, 2020
junnyjake:

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

How valuable are our lives to our so called leaders?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2020
barackodam:

For real?

If this is true then, it sums up everything.

When our lives are of no value to them, the rest of the world see us as nothing more than guinea pigs.

He's definitely getting compensation for this you'd see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8477) (8478) (8479) (8480) (8481) (8482) (8483) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bigblangston, codemaniacs, solonnachi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.