Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11743226 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8478) (8479) (8480) (8481) (8482) (8483) (8484) ... (16178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 5:54am On Apr 05, 2020
MainJoe:

A personal attack does not change the fact that we are channelling resources where it is not needed. N5 Billion for an invisible School feeding program.

You do not need to be the best 10,000 in your field to know that it is ridiculous if we are not channelling money into testing but school feeding and ghost palliatives.

Attack as much as you want if it hurts you. It will not change the fact that screaming Lockdown in States means there is a chance of Covid-19 exposures. That means tests in these States are required. So please, why channel money to school feeding program?

Why not quarantine returnees but send them home for self isolation?
Stale!
Go and start doing it yourself since you can do better

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:50am On Apr 05, 2020
jieta:
Oga komekn, to be sincere am flattered by your continues praise of Nigeria health system is unlike you, Just look at the way you are rubbishing the UK health system is unlike you to be sincere.

You that have never see anything good in Nigeria, from our useless politicians to buhari failed administration. But here you are with a different view

Seriously, i prefer the 2019 komekn this 2020 own is too lenient. Stay safe boss.

That means you simply don't know him and where his real interest lies. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 6:59am On Apr 05, 2020
Icon4s:

That means you simply don't know him and where his real interest lies. grin
Lol, Oga mi is unlike komekn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:05am On Apr 05, 2020
Uduokhai
Tonunrigha
Felix Agu
Akpogunma

Rate these players cc Tbaba1234
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:30am On Apr 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

No,I don't get it .. explain how mass testing will be done without the lockdown...

You just applauded south Africa for their effort,yet South Africa itself is on a 21 days lockdown. And they are even planning to extend it to another 21 days..

How can Nigeria conduct mass testing please ??

I think mass testing is almost impossible for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:48am On Apr 05, 2020
Joebie:
For those who believe in God Almighty and are Christians, pray and take the needed precautions. There is nothing to be afraid of if you have accepted Christ. The Bible says God does not give us the Spirit of fear, so don’t fall to the fear mongers and to some pastors now who are busy spreading conspiracy theories. Pray, take precautions and leave the rest to God.

They should not take precautions seems there is nothing to be afraid of

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
05/04 - On this day in 2008, Papilo Nwankwo Kanu became the first player to score a club goal at both the old and new Wembley Stadium, netting the winner for Portsmouth in the FA Cup semi-final.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
Sir komekn

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThanosKilla(m): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
forgiveness:

Justifiable.

I, as a Chelsea fan had great expectations on Mikel but unfortunately, he was not spectacular. Was totally underutilized.

Kanu Nwankwo was a make shift player throughout his career due to his heart disease and he was a seasonal player. Only achieved in European football but did nothing in the Super Eagle.

Okocha na Baba. But did nothing in club football and was behind Yekin during their days in the national team.

Who is the greatest ARGENTINE player of all time? Is it Messi or Maradona?

In terms of individual accolades, he won the African footballer of the year in 1993. Both Austin Okocha and Mikel Obi never won the award, how then can they lay claim to being the greatest Nigerian footballer of all-time? On this parameter, only Kanu is his competitor, he won the African footballer of the year twice but never won the AFCON. How can a player that never won the AFCON be the greatest Nigerian footballer of all-time? Yekini won everything a Nigerian footballer could have won representing the national team, both team and individual. The others can't lay claim to that.

THANKS BROS FOR THIS MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
barackodam:
Sir komekn

For Warri we say "Dem no deh take shyness chop poison"

When l was wearing mask and all round sunglasses to cover my eyes, looking like a Ninja. People were looking at me like I was a paranoid delusional and insane.

Did l care, even now many people in the UK will not wear mask.

How stupendously foolish is it to walk into a underground train in London, with very little free flowing air and then be jam packed into a train carriage like sardines. Nobody wearing masks and socail distancing murdered.

Of course people will get infected in multiples, my estimation is that at least a million people are infected in London testing or no testing.

We are in temperate climate place where the virus thrives. Yet a number of people " No deh hear word" Eéeeeeee be like say people no de fear death or the trust thier science and technology too much. And clearly no fear, appreciation and or reverence for God.

It's Sunday so I can quote Jeremiah 9:

23 Thus says the Lord:

“Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;

24 But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the Lord, - - - -

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

They should not take precautions seems there is nothing to be afraid of

If you are in Christ yes but if not❓

That doesn't mean you will not operate in Wisdom and caution but not FEAR.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
komekn:

If you are in Christ yes but if not❓

That doesn't mean you will not operate in Wisdom and caution but not FEAR.

Lol

Don’t take my comments serious jare

Ehen komekn what do you think about ighalo so far ?

I been wan ask you but I dey always forget
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
• Youngest player to ever feature in #ChampionsLeague

• 1st African to play for Chelsea (nearly 200 apps)

• Olympic, FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup & U-17 WC winner

• Originator of backflip goal celebration in Nigeria

• Scored Chelsea's 1st ever #UCL goal

#Legend

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
CELESTINE BABAYARO...........

ChrisKels:

#Legend

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
do4luv14:

CELESTINE BABAYARO..........

Yea, the man who assisted Didier Drogba's first Chelsea goal

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Yes a true blue legend........

But that first pics,, chaiii. I still remember that refree ojoro, kai

i though Mobi Oparaku wan kill am sef

ChrisKels:

Yea, the man who assisted Didier Drogba's first Chelsea goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 5:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
ChrisKels:

#Legend

Is he still?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
Under this same thread, I saw Brits asking, where they would go to since the Park is closed.

Like, WTF? What part of sit at home is so hard for them to comprehend?

Well, it's the British problem.

Englishmen openly flouting the sit at home policy
Trump downplaying the impact of COVID 19, basically working like a snail
Buhari is MIA grin
Every country try with their problem

Na wa o angry

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
barackodam:
Under this same thread, I saw Brits asking, where they would go to since the Park is closed.

Like, WTF? What part of sit at home is so hard for them to comprehend?

Well, it's the British problem.

Englishmen openly flouting the sit at home policy
Trump downplaying the impact of COVID 19, basically working like a snail
Buhari is MIA grin
Every couple try with their problem

Na wa o angry

Sir humility won't c dis cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
MainJoe:

We must not be perfect or adequate but my criticism comes with the channelling of resources and not briefing the presidency of the magnitude of the worst case scenario.

Not letting him know the urgent need to channel resources to reduce the possible damages.

Using 5 Billion for two days school feeding when we lack adequate test centres is foolish and that is due to ill informed advices coming from the NCDC and Ministry of health.

As soon as I heard school feeding, the first thing that came to mind was, who are you feeding when nobody is in school?

The explanation that woman Minister gave was ridiculous.

N5b don enter bush.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
ThanosKilla:

THANKS BROS FOR THIS MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
forgiveness:

As soon as I heard school feeding
, the first thing that came to mind was, who are you feeding when nobody is in school?

The explanation that woman Minister gave was ridiculous.

N5b don enter bush.

Sometimes you think we know that our politicians are thieves and have no conscience and cannot go any LOWER than they already have.

But at this time when millions of lives are on the line , can people still want to CONTINUE STEALING Are these people devoid of any sense of decency.

Citizens may be gullible and often misled but FOOLISH & STUPID they are not.

We have the defacto President KYARI and the figure head PMB both MIA we are now rudderless, so corruption now thrives without restraint in BROAD DAY LIGHT

Lost for words.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
komekn:

Sometimes you think we know that our politicians are thieves and have no conscience and cannot go any LOWER than they already have.

But at this time when millions of lives are on the line , can people still want to CONTINUE STEALING Are these people devoid of any sense of decency.

Citizens may be gullible and often misled but FOOLISH & STUPID they are not.

We have the defacto President KYARI and the figure head PMB both MIA we are now rudderless, so corruption now thrives without restraint in BROAD DAY LIGHT

Lost for words.

Bros, this na confirm broad day light thievery.

That woman could not give a tangible concrete reason why 5 billion should be spent on empty schools.

Bros, na dere I know say, something must be done to stop this elites broad day light thievery.

Our Youths need to unite and form a party that can take over these old corrupt politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:08am On Apr 06, 2020
forgiveness:

Bros, this na confirm broad day light thievery.

That woman could not give a tangible concrete reason why 5 billion should be spent on empty schools.

Bros, na dere I know say, something must be done to stop this elites broad day light thievery.

Our Youths need to unite and form a party that can take over these old corrupt politicians.

Integrity, righteousness, truth, honesty, honour and consideration for others. Is not the preserve of the young.

I have watched NDA cadets acting like animals who escaped from the zoo, l have seen deluded deranged youths turn to cannibalism on the name of money rituals, I have seen youths with zero conscience, I have seen youthful political leaders who have assassinated thier way to senior political positions.

Do not forget that the first bloody murderous civil war was caused by youthful leaders under 32 years old.

The governor of Kogi state describes himself as a youth. Is he an example anybody with an iota of conscience can emulate.

Onanefe Ibori became governor of Delta state at under 40.

The youth politicians within the two main political parties are predominantly murderous thugs with hands stained red with blood. Most of them have willingly sold thier souls to the devil in satanic ritual in thier quest for power.

There is hardly a tertiary institutions in Nigeria without multiple murderous cult organisations. I understand thier are even cults in secondary schools. These cult members reaking murderous havoc across the nation are not old men.

These cults have infiltrated deep into the fabric of life in Nigeria.

They have even gone international and they are not old men.

The attributes of upstanding character have nothing to do with age but everything to do with personality and righteous conviction

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:28am On Apr 06, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

The only player to score 100 goals in Nigeria and Europe. I always wonder what would have happened if he left the country at a younger age like Iheanacho and Osimhen.
I perch him at the number 1 spot for that. Others come behind.

Mainly cos since his time, to see such balance in performance for club and country, it's hard, even for today's best.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:34am On Apr 06, 2020
barackodam:
I saw Keyamo on twitter today, promoting Mtn's *888*pin# recharge, that it's a good thing during this period. He was saying it as if it's a new stuff and Mtn are using it to reward us, and not that it's a bonus where you'd be charged 60k/s

He also stated that ministers have already donated half of their salaries to fight the Virus cheesy

Last last, he said he'd share 1k for 20 people grin

Yup, after promoting mtn(as if we care), lied that they've donated 50% of their salary. He proceeded to share 20k. Azzin, Twenty thousand Naira o.

smh
May thunder faya his suit, cap, apron and all. Rubbish!! angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:58am On Apr 06, 2020
komekn:

Integrity, righteousness, truth, honesty, honour and consideration for others. Is not the preserve of the young.

I have watched NDA cadets acting like animals who escaped from the zoo, l have seen deluded deranged youths turn to cannibalism on the name of money rituals, I have seen youths with zero conscience, I have seen youthful political leaders who have assassinated thier way to senior political positions.

Do not forget that the first bloody murderous civil war was caused by youthful leaders under 32 years old.

The governor of Kogi state describes himself as a youth. Is he an example anybody with an iota of conscience can emulate.

Onanefe Ibori became governor of Delta state at under 40.

The youth politicians within the two main political parties are predominantly murderous thugs with hands stained red with blood. Most of them have willingly sold thier souls to the devil in satanic ritual in thier quest for power.

There is hardly a tertiary institutions in Nigeria without multiple murderous cult organisations. I understand thier are even cults in secondary schools. These cult members reaking murderous havoc across the nation are not old men.

These cults have infiltrated deep into the fabric of life in Nigeria.

They have even gone international and they are not old men.

The attributes of upstanding character have nothing to do with age but everything to do with personality and righteous conviction

One with the right mentality is enough to change this country.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arabiandude: 8:53am On Apr 06, 2020
forgiveness:

One with the right mentality is a enough to change this country.
One man can change every other countries in the world but certainly not Nigeria.
Our heart is wicked
Our skin is trouble
Our act is evil

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:08am On Apr 06, 2020
Arabiandude:

One man can change every other countries in the world but certainly not Nigeria.
Our heart is wicked
Our skin is trouble
Our act is evil

One can. I believe that. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 9:46am On Apr 06, 2020
We have told him. He MUST live in Nigeria. His salary will be in Naira. He must go around the leagues and see how he can nurture the players. If he is able to accept it, we have a deal. There are a lot of coaches that want to coach Nigeria - @PinnickAmaju on @thenff Gernot Rohr

ARISE News
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 9:50am On Apr 06, 2020
jimmyiovine:
We have told him. He MUST live in Nigeria. His salary will be in Naira. He must go around the leagues and see how he can nurture the players. If he is able to accept it, we have a deal. There are a lot of coaches that want to coach Nigeria - @PinnickAmaju on @thenff Gernot Rohr

ARISE News

The next time we see the Super Eagles play, Gernot Rohr will not be the coach, that one is sure

(1) (2) (3) ... (8478) (8479) (8480) (8481) (8482) (8483) (8484) ... (16178) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sureleads, Friday03 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.