Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11725545 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9146) (9147) (9148) (9149) (9150) (9151) (9152) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Banters are for the strong
Life is 2 short to take 2 serious
I wander why some takes it serious here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You Dey mad

Clown grin

Seriously I didnt know those words were hurting him, I was just having fun, I am so sorry I got him offended. Today gonna mark the last day I will ever quote or engage him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
elunico:

Don't threaten me!!

I am not threatening you, I only informed you to stop expressing yourself with insults, if you cannot interact with people politely here, then the report button will be clicked for you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
maidaboi:

Lol

Na Chris e come Dey take serious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Who go wan follow you fight with juju when una Dey use am for una Enugu land dispute

You and chinwetalu agu suppose Dey the same WhatsApp group grin

Lol abeg oo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
Olulong:

Probably because he's just resuming. Hopefully he gets the chance to impress

If onyekuru does not make it at monaco its not his fault. He has simply not been given a chance.
Monaco is a club suffering from serious administrative problems and they seem confused.

Srcondly the fact that a player is in a low club or league does not make him worse than someone in a better club or league. All those European coaches are simply wicked with African players. Beign born in Europe simply gives one priviledges. A player in croatia may be better than one in England its just opportunity.
Top 5 league mentality is overrated. It has happened and will happen many times in football that a country with average players eill defeat a so called world class team. The average players were simply not given a chance.
This league and club rating is good but immature.
I know people will disagree but its the truth. Someone like Tolu Arokodare may become the best in 5 years. Football is a funny game. I have said my own
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
sheyishemba:

Baba it not my fault
I tried to be cool with them imagine him giving me all the attributes of a dog.
lolz bro. .i understand. But the fact still remain that you are not a dog. Don't take it to heart bro.
Oya no vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
ChrisKels:

But I was not wrong na, you were exhibiting the traits, signs and symptoms of a patient suffering from rabies. I was only tryna help find a solution to your problem grin

abeg. .e don do bro. Let's learn to tolerate each other.
BTW Ighalo will be playing tomorrow

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
sheyishemba:

I guess both mostob and rabzy didn't see this I wasn't referring to him but he jumped on my quote .
Relax bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
do4luv14:
Breaking News........

Brother/sisters, Mom/Dad, grandma/Grandpa
Abba Bichi had been dubbed the New Neymar...........
na here we dey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
Subzero047:

Yeah you know every profferessional scout in UK but I said what I said

It's absolutely impossible to know them all.

Don't forget each EPL club will have at a very least 100 scouts at differing levels.

So knowing a few in each club is not particularly important and or impressive.

And it's one thing to know them, but are you just an associate or are you in partnership. In addition scouts get grade, the HO recruitment is far more influential than just a mere scout in theory and general practice.

Bur then there are individuals who are close to the manager and have much more influence than the scouts. For instance when the sons of Sam Allardyce and Alex Ferguson sons were agents. It was very obvious who you needed to contact to get into the club.

Some managers completely side line thier recruitment heads so it's not so simplistic.

But one thing is intrinsically clear nobody is looking at YouTube videos to do player recruitment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
sheyishemba:

I won't beg you again but if you try this with me again as little as I'm, am gonna bring tears on your face
I won't reply any mentions again.
bro. . E no reach like this o. Dont take anything you see here to heart. Just calm down pls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Iker Casillas retires from football

Another Legend hangs his boots, that's how we'll wake up one day and realize that Messi and Ronaldo no longer play Football

FIFA World Cup title 1x

La Liga titles 5x

UEFA Champions League titles 3x

European Championships 2x

FIFA Club World Cup 1x

Copa del Rey titles 2x

Primeira Liga titles 2x

FIFA FIFPro World XI 5x

UEFA Team of the year 6x

Kissing a reporter- 1x

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
Who else if not Sheyi PHD on the beat again !!
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
ChrisKels:

Yea I own up to my mess, but calling a product of our youth system or anybody a useless thing was uncalled for. These guys are humans too. I know I troll some players, but calling them useless? Come on man that was too poor.

Well said bro. Our players have blood flowing through their veins and the least we can do is really support them.

Each time someone calls Ighalo ABF or even a pig on lipstick, I always find it shocking honestly.

Peace, One love and Jah bless.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
Philosopher1979:

If onyekuru does not make it at monaco its not his fault. He has simply not been given a chance.
Monaco is a club suffering from serious administrative problems and they seem confused.

Srcondly the fact that a player is in a low club or league does not make him worse than someone in a better club or league. All those European coaches are simply wicked with African players. Beign born in Europe simply gives one priviledges. A player in croatia may be better than one in England its just opportunity.
Top 5 league mentality is overrated. It has happened and will happen many times in football that a country with average players eill defeat a so called world class team. The average players were simply not given a chance.
This league and club rating is good but immature.
I know people will disagree but its the truth. Someone like Tolu Arokodare may become the best in 5 years. Football is a funny game. I have said my own

I will say it again, where Onyekuru is concerned you have no right to play, you EARN THE RIGHT TO PLAY. Unfortunately Onyekuru has to do more and or has not done enough.

Francophone African countries have direct access to the French league and other European countries league directly from local leagues. So your proposition that European coaches are wicked with African players is simply not true.

In reality the French have been very generous, l do not know for sure but it seems there are more African origin players in the French league than white. Think about it.

Privilege I would not say that player born in Europe have undue privilege. There are laws and we have to work within the law.

If Europe has invested in infrastructure and many African governments have decides to steal public funds and rape the public purse. Is that the fault of Europe. As a result investment in football is meagre.

We have more EPL fans in Nigeria following every game, they know all the players in a team even some in the youth team. Ask these same people to name just 5 players in a local team they may not know. Some people do know the names of our local teams in the NPFL.

Not too long ago AFC Wimbledon and Newport County both beat EPL teams. Does that make them better. No it does not. So if we beat Argentina once do we really believe we are better. It's not so simplistic.

Finally, you do not know the challenges African origin players have to overcome to get to where they are. All the people making decisions are white and most have perceptive and subjective based preference for blue eyed kids.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

Well said bro. Our players have blood flowing through their veins and the least we can do is really support them.

Each time someone calls Ighalo ABF or even a pig on lipstick, I always find it shocking honestly.

Sssssssssssssh grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
AndSunGorilla:
grin

Jah bless ?? Nigga , be honest...you just knocked off a fat buddah right grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
Seems the new trend here is to insult someone and apologize only after the other person starts firing back so that people will coarse him to do the same

It's funny we all know the real culprits here but still caution those that were at the receiving end

There's a very bold gap between throwing point blank/outright insults and joking around, You cannot always hide behind "Joking around"

Peace

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Coach might be watching him personally, Monaco have performed woefully in preseason and even though it might be true the coach doesn't like him, they have to test him on Saturday.

I just hope your first line is the case, really.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
The Lost Boys but 1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
that your last line na the koko
Edopesin:
Seems the new trend here is to insult someone and apologize only after the other person starts firing back so that people will coarse him to do the same

It's funny we all know the real culprits here but still caution those that were at the receiving end

There's a very bold gap between throwing point blank/outright insults and joking around, You cannot always hide behind "Joking around"

Peace

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Edopesin:

Peace

Lol you still dey vex over wetin happen the other time? I thought you said it was stupid bearing grudges online?

OK, I was wrong to have bullied him but did you see the barrage of unprintable names he called me? Oh he was so right, innocent and got hammered unjustly because the player he was calling a useless thing was Nwakali? Lol you are quite funny my Edo thread mate.

You don't see nothing wrong with that but you always feel bitter when the ABF ship is anchored by Ighalo? Ain't this hypocrisy Mr Judge?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
Joebie:
The Lost Boys but 1

Meeehn Alaba and Tammy Abraham, especially that Alaba
We moved on sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
maidaboi:

Ad hominem is not really banter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
Edopesin:

Peace

Agreed without reservation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
ChrisKels:

Lol you still dey vex over wetin happen the other time? I thought you said it was stupid bearing grudges online?

OK, I was wrong to have bullied him but did you see the barrage of unprintable names he called me? Oh he was so right, innocent and got hammered unjustly because the player he was calling a useless thing was Nwakali? Lol you are quite funny my Edo thread mate.

You don't see nothing wrong with that but you always feel bitter when the ABF ship is anchored by Ighalo? Ain't this hypocrisy Mr Judge?

I never said anyone was right and I didn't accuse you of anything bro, I only said what I observed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
Joebie:
The Lost Boys but 1

I guess you are just bored.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
Joebie:
The Lost Boys but 1
Mehn Alaba sha cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Subzero047:

Ad hominem is not really banter

Ad hominem was none existent, everything centered on Nwakali being useless and unproductive, I had to make him see how wrong he was to have made such statement, but he flared up and kept rigmaroling, making me go a whit below the belt. I was wrong but he begged for it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
kai. Alaba!!!!! See World Class LB
We still dey find better LB for how many years now..

Edopesin:

Meeehn Alaba and Tammy Abraham, especially that Alaba
We moved on sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
ChrisKels:

Ad hominem was none existent, everything centered on Nwakali being useless and unproductive, I had to make him see how wrong he was to have made such statement, but he flared up and kept rigmaroling, making me go a whit below the belt. I was wrong but he begged for it

Calling him Sheyi PhD was not ad hominem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9146) (9147) (9148) (9149) (9150) (9151) (9152) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.