Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11725460 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9391) (9392) (9393) (9394) (9395) (9396) (9397) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
Edopesin:
Real Sociedad vs Villarreal live stream.. Game Begins in 43min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0kmX6I7f4A

video is unavailable
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Why won’t they insult you ?

When we tell you that if nacho decides to leaves Leicester that he will easily get an epl club did you agree ?

And to make it worst nacho is a proven epl player than Ibe but you choose to say he won’t get an epl club and yet you want us to accept that ibe will get an epl club ?continue

You sef should know better.

I am dissapointed all the years here and you are talking like a rookie.

Jordan Ibe is a free agent.

KC is contracted and on huge wages without any commensurate return for the past three seasons.

No clubs absolutely no EPL club buy a flopped striker like KC. He has been unable to justify his transfer fee you cannot dress it up.

However, if he was on a free and not contracted there may be a few clubs that will take a gamble on him. But that's not the case, he is contracted. He will not be allowed to go for nothing.

Ibe has also been overwhelmingly dissapointing over his entire contract with Bournemouth. But also so has KC.

And you say KC is a proven EPL player but so also is IBE. Both are proven and confirmed EPL flops.

One with higher expectations never met and one with lower expectations and also never met. The only difference being KC may have a chance to improve otherwise they are both EPL flops.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

If you can defend Rooney then you should be able to defend any african player

Rooney age I won’t believe
Zidane age I won’t believe

I might be wrong about Rooney and zidane thou

Falcao na age cheat
Diego costa self na age cheat

I wonder for you, you know that in the UK and in Europe there is Automatic birth date capture, official independent corroboration.

There is absolutely nothing to debate and authenticate. Add to that from the day you kick a ball in local football your data is already recorded.

The day you go to nursery school your data is captured. It absolutely impossible to age cheats in the UK.

There is nothing to defend it's established irrefutable fact.

That however is not the case in Nigeria.

I will add I have three friends who own football academies in Nigeria. I know what's goes down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
safarigirl:
Please, this boy is supposed to be 21 or so, I'm concerned that he looks like a middle-aged white man that works in a failing hardware store, that has been in his family for three generations.

This guy even looks like "Swinchteiger" in his late 30s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
Edopesin:

In my own experience Nigerians don't always resort to negative assumptions and the irony of it all is that you're also a Nigerian

At the bolded, There's no working system in place to justify players claims on there age unlike the Europeans and North Americans and that's why you'll rarely hear about players from these continents getting disqualified from age grade competitions

I can give you a list 25 or more African players that have been disqualified since the introduction of MRI scans in 2009

The whites are not more honest than Africans but the system makes it difficult to get away with age cheating

Sorry it is not difficult it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE.

I will add that MRI scan can never give you an exact age but can use bone fusion to say a person is above 17.

However, there are many variables that can impact on a person that will allow a 21 year old to be classed as U17.

That's why the base line data used is different for different racial types.

A person who has been malnourished in Africa will have stunted growth and will not have the same bone fusion as teenager growing up in the West on high protein diet.

If you look at teenage young athletes in the West on creatin and other protein supplements. That will accelerate bone fusion.

There are a whole range of variables that mean that the generalistic deductions of MRI can not be absolutely accurate, there is a considerable margin of error.

Nonetheless, it's the best thing that happened to Nigerian football we now have mostly youngster's in our football at U17 level. The days of shaving 5/10 years off your age at U17 level close to impossible now.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
Danielnino00:
Chriskels, I hope u won't support your in laws ahead of us next month?
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
komekn:

You sef should know better.

I am dissapointed all the years here and you are talking like a rookie.

Jordan Ibe is a free agent.

KC is contracted and on huge wages without any commensurate return for the past three seasons.

No clubs absolutely no EPL club buy a flopped striker like KC. He has been unable to justify his transfer fee you cannot dress it up.

However, if he was on a free and not contracted there may be a few clubs that will take a gamble on him. But that's not the case, he is contracted. He will not be allowed to go for nothing.

Ibe has also been overwhelmingly dissapointing over his entire contract with Bournemouth. But also so has KC.

And you say KC is a proven EPL player but so also is IBE. Both are proven and confirmed EPL flops.

One with higher expectations never met and one with lower expectations and also never met. The only difference being KC may have a chance to improve otherwise they are both EPL flops.

Oga keep quiet jare.
You keep shouting fail striker for the past 3 season. How is a player who had double digit goal plus some Assist a flop? last season he was decent the seasons before that he was decent in Man- city struggled in his 1st and 2nd season in LFC.
Comparing him to Ibe is highly Delusional.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
mostob:
He looks 23 though.

1realBobby:
This guy is just short... You can see that he actually shaved off his beards in that pic grin

jihday:
SMH, what's the evidence it was taken in 2017? Going by his recent picture this guy is nothing less than 37yrs

grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2020
kellycute:
you don't have any document or valid arguement to proof that the person is 35 years old. You only rely on your so-called discretion which is totally bias. You use facial feature to conclude on a black guy age and turn a blind eyes when is come to white guy because your so-called discretion believe "white is synonym to honesty". Nonsense slavery mentality!

You lack knowledge and you have limted exposure and understanding. Its what we could describe as village ignorance.

It is absolutely impossible to falsify your age if you were born in the UK and western Europe.

From the time you are conceived and your mother goes for confirmation and continous antenatal screening that data is captured. Including in that data is expected date of birth.

After you a have been born, birth the data is automatically captured, official independent corroboration. When you go to nursery your data is captured as well as when you start school. Without that DOB confirmation you cannot attend school.

When you get to 5/6 and you play local football your data is captured. All through all your official engagement your data is confirmed and captured.

You go to the dentist, hospital, school, etc your DOB is captured and confirmed before any treatment. You want to get a passport your DOB data is corroborated and confirmed before any British passport is issued.

So how exactly are you going to age cheat in the UK.

In Nigeria they system is totally different.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
feelme2020:

Generally, Africans find it difficult to plan for the future. We do not have a 10 year plan to develop anything (be it education, sports, economy etc). We Nigerians/Africans are living by our instinct. I think the vision of a black man does not go beyond 6 months. Anything a black man does does not stand the test of time.
This is why we think age cheating can solve our problems but it is only shallow. Black people can be very shallow minded.
Fifa had to invent a machine for us to stop age cheating. We don't have a sense of purpose. Most of these Western nations can just decide that there football will improve in 20 years and they will start working towards it systematically.
England has been working on making their players more technical for 15 years and they now have phil foden, Jadon Sancho etc.
This instantaneous attitude is the black man's undoing. The Western countries know where they will be 10 years from now.
Also, a black man's capacity to conceive greatness is limited. Right now, a lot of people find it difficult to beleive we can win the world cup because we are son satisfied with averagenes.
We have started changing though

Agreed without reservation or question.

The entire football system in the UK has been transformed.

It was a long term plan of over 15 years ago.

Now if we are to be honest they have left us behind in terms of technical football. We are still stuck in the past.

Look at the very young English football products we have now. And compare them to the past. People like Neville brothers would look not be able to play in today's Manchester United.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
safarigirl:
Please, this boy is supposed to be 21 or so, I'm concerned that he looks like a middle-aged white man that works in a failing hardware store, that has been in his family for three generations.

I laughed like mad on this...so you get all this information from the guy face abi...lololol..this is epic.
Failing hardware store passed down thru the centuries...that's a proper redneck...nice one lady

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
jihday:
The key difference is this guy didn't do MRI, never played for our U-17 but Uzoho did MRI and that is enough evidence for anybody without an agenda to believe his age, but then like a typical Nigerian y'all are quick to believe and embrace the bad gist and very reluctant for the good news

Do you know that in the 2009 U17 a number of them passed MRI scan.

Apart from the issues of our own integrity, who runs the MRI scans in Nigeria is it not Nigerians, please stop being naive. Where there is a will there is a way.

But even pushing that particular variable to one side. MRI scan is not 100% accurate there is a considerable margin of error.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2020
Danielnino00:

Anybody that judges somebody's age just by facial appearance is plain dumb!

Anybody who accepts a person unsubstantiated age without any independent official corroboration is what very intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
safarigirl:
grin dang! I LOLed thrice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
komekn:

Sorry it is not difficult it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE.

I will add that MRI scan can never give you an exact age but can use bone fusion to say a person is above 17.

However, there are many variables that can impact on a person that will allow a 21 year old to be classed as U17.

That's why the base line data used is different for different racial types.

A person who has been malnourished in Africa will have stunted growth and will not have the same bone fusion as teenager growing up in the West on high protein diet.

If you look at teenage young athletes in the West on creatin and other protein supplements. That will accelerate bone fusion.

There are a whole range of variables that mean that the generalistic deductions of MRI can not be absolutely accurate, there is a considerable margin of error.

Nonetheless, it's the best thing that happened to Nigerian football we now have mostly youngster's in our football at U17 level. The days of shaving 5/10 years off your age at U17 level close to impossible now.

The MRI no matter how inaccurate it is has brought a lot of sanity into the age-group competition. It is the best thing that has happened to these competition and Nigerian football in recent years. The blatant cheats will be weeded out while some fairly older players can scale through. No more Baba 21 to 30 for us.
This article did a good analysis on the matter
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dear-fifa-there-is-no-scientific-test-to-prevent-age-fraud/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
komekn:

Anybody who accepts a person unsubstantiated age without any independent official corroboration is what very intelligent.

In the case of Nigeria, where we don't have a strong documentary evidence, what do we resort to, do we just label anyone that looks old...as old.

Let us agree that there are kids that would look sold and we would unfairly judge as a cheat. Since we can't use the face to judge, people should mellow a lot too on tagging people as old.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
2lola:

Oga keep quiet jare.
You keep shouting fail striker for the past 3 season. How is a player who had double digit goal plus some Assist a flop? last season he was decent the seasons before that he was decent in Man- city struggled in his 1st and 2nd season in LFC.

Can you tell me how many goals he has scored in the EPL in the last three seasons for Leicester aa well as how many games.

KC has scored 9 goals after 3 seasons and after playing 71 games in the EPL, since he signed for Leicester in 2017.

He scored 5 goals this season in the EPL after 20 games.

It's not decent and it's not good enough for a £25 million striker. On the other hand the season before this he played 30 games and scored one goal in the EPL.

In this regard we can say there is improvement but he has still failed to live up to expectations. But if we have lowered the bar for our Nigerian striker and feel that 5 goal in the EPL is good enough quality. That's your opinion but not mine.

Ibe is winger who failed to live up to expectations at Bournemouth KC is a striker who has also failed to live up to expectations so far at Leicester. No window dressing.

I did not compare them, they play different positions they cannot be compared. There are different expectations and units of measurement for perfomance.

I responded to a comparison.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2020
rabzy:

The MRI no matter how inaccurate it is has brought a lot of sanity into the age-group competition. It is the best thing that has happened to these competition and Nigerian football in recent years. The blatant cheats will be weeded out while some fairly older players can scale through. No more Baba 21 to 30 for us.
This article did a good analysis on the matter
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dear-fifa-there-is-no-scientific-test-to-prevent-age-fraud/

I completely agree with you.

We are Nigerians, unfortunately until we change out norms and values.

There is no system that you will introduce that we will not try to find a away to circumvent it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
This past season cannot in any form of way be classified as "failed" for kelechi because he assisted his team to a 5th place position and also average a goal every 90 Minute on the pitch. However, his previous 2 seasons prior to this one was a failure

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 2:18am On Sep 03, 2020
safarigirl:
Van de Beek is not an albino. He only has a blonde hair, that's all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 03, 2020
We are currently witnessing an explosion of talent amongst the ranks of the SE. We have not seen such a considerable amount of players that are plying their trades in the top 5 leagues in recent memory. We even have a bigger crop of players who are showing out in the middle ranked leagues. We also have players that are tearing up the backwater leagues and are in pole position for top teams in Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey and elsewhere.

No other African team is witnessing such a phenomenon. Gernot Rohr has the tools and resources to take us the finals of AFCON 2021. If he fails to do so, NFF should start shopping for a competent replacement for Qatar.

No more excuses.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2020
You must be very foolish to suggest that we terminate a coach if he gets your team into Finals of Anc on the 2nd try. Let's be certain. Anytime nigeria terminate a coach prior to World cup, the end result is abysmal failure i.e 2002, 2010

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:05am On Sep 03, 2020
12large1:
You must be very foolish to suggest that we terminate a coach if he gets your team into Finals of Anc on the 2nd try. Let's be certain. Anytime nigeria terminate a coach prior to World cup, the end result is abysmal failure i.e 2002, 2010

It is not foolishness
If he doesn't win the next Afcon he should be bundled and sent back to France

Bolowolowo was even nice
How can he not win the Afcon with the players we currently have?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:00am On Sep 03, 2020
Leftback Zaidu, 23, will be one of several uncapped players to be invited for the friendlies to be staged in Austria as Rohr tries to bring new energy

Zaidu will be called up for the Super Eagles friendlies,” an official disclosed.

“The coach sees him as a great addition to the team."

Zaidu has signed a four-year contract with Portuguese champions Porto after a sterling showing at modest Saint Clara in this past season

SCORENigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2020
12large1:
All these kids sef... you will just open your mouth waaaaa and start insulting people unprovoked. What is your problem in life? Now carry doll, go and play with your mates.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:17am On Sep 03, 2020
komekn:

Can you tell me how many goals he has scored in the EPL in the last three seasons for Leicester aa well as how many games.

KC has scored 9 goals after 3 seasons and after playing 71 games in the EPL, since he signed for Leicester in 2017.

He scored 5 goals this season in the EPL after 20 games.

It's not decent and it's not good enough for a £25 million striker. On the other hand the season before this he played 30 games and scored one goal in the EPL.

In this regard we can say there is improvement but he has still failed to live up to expectations. But if we have lowered the bar for our Nigerian striker and feel that 5 goal in the EPL is good enough quality. That's your opinion but not mine.

Ibe is winger who failed to live up to expectations at Bournemouth KC is a striker who has also failed to live up to expectations so far at Leicester. No window dressing.

I did not compare them, they play different positions they cannot be compared. There are different expectations and units of measurement for perfomance.

I responded to a comparison.

As I read this ,my mind immediately predicted the idiot that wrote this TRASH..
I checked and lo and behold I wasn't disappointed!..
If there was a way to varnish people out of this thread..
Mad people everywhere!

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:20am On Sep 03, 2020
2lola:

Oga keep quiet jare.
One of the reasons I hardly visit here like before.. That Guys brain is literally full of shit..
Spews trash all the time

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2020
See as this place dry...
Team A vs Team B

Team A (4-3-3)

Uzoho

Aina

Ekong

Ajayi

Ebuehi

Ndidi

Iwobi

Aribo

Kalu

Osimhen

Simon

Team B (3-5-2)

Maduka

Zaidu

Ehiz

Omeruo

Awaziem

Balogun

Etebo

Nwakali

Chukwueze

Kelechi

Onyekuru

Who will win?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2020
komekn:

You lack knowledge and you have limted exposure and understanding. Its what we could describe as village ignorance.

It is absolutely impossible to falsify your age if you were born in the UK and western Europe.

From the time you are conceived and your mother goes for confirmation and continous antenatal screening that data is captured. Including in that data is expected date of birth.

After you a have been born, birth the data is automatically captured, official independent corroboration. When you go to nursery your data is captured as well as when you start school. Without that DOB confirmation you cannot attend school.

When you get to 5/6 and you play local football your data is captured. All through all your official engagement your data is confirmed and captured.

You go to the dentist, hospital, school, etc your DOB is captured and confirmed before any treatment. You want to get a passport your DOB data is corroborated and confirmed before any British passport is issued.

So how exactly are you going to age cheat in the UK.

In Nigeria they system is totally different.

I am never happy to agree with oga komekn but this is fact. Age cheating in the west is impossible due to the processes in place. If you live abroad you won't argue this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2020
mostob:
See as this place dry...
Team A vs Team B

Team A (4-3-3)

Uzoho

Aina

Ekong

Ajayi

Ebuehi

Ndidi

Iwobi

Aribo

Kalu

Osimhen

Simon

Team B (3-5-2)

Maduka

Zaidu

Ehiz

Omeruo

Awaziem

Balogun

Etebo

Nwakali

Chukwueze

Kelechi

Onyekuru

Who will win?

Team A will win because what Osimhen will do to 3 of the back 4 in team B (excluding Omeruo) Kelechi will not be able to do to Ekong, Ajayi and Aina in team A.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:34am On Sep 03, 2020
wayodude:

I am never happy to agree with oga komekn but this is fact. Age cheating in the west is impossible due to the processes in place. If you live abroad you won't argue this.
of course I understand it is very difficult to falsify your age in the west due to the system on ground but I hate when some people want to judge people age based on their look. Rooney looks older than his age but he doesn't change the fact that he is using his genuine age due to the processes in place. Commonsense should tells us that it is possible to look older than your age. They should apply the same analogy to uzoho. Uzoho is 21, he look older than his age but he is 21. Finito!.

First image - 2013
Second image - 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9391) (9392) (9393) (9394) (9395) (9396) (9397) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, lovewins, Meliforme and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.