Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11745372 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9393) (9394) (9395) (9396) (9397) (9398) (9399) ... (16179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Rohr has been in contact with Tobias already. The contact was made very recently. Yakubu is already on the coach's radar and stands a good chance too. As for Adeleye... His chances are small compared to Yakubu and Tobias Lawal. But time will tell.

Exactly wat my source told me
The dude concluded that yakubu might be invited for the game ahead of Tobias and Adeleye .
Time will surely tell like you've said
Rohr is really keen on retiring akpeyi from the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
Captain Fantastic turning it up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
sheyishemba:

The dude concluded that yakubu might be invited for the game ahead of Tobias and Adeleye .

If Rohr has contacted him then his career is about to change

I don't know anybody that's has been in contact with Rohr(except he doesn't want it) that his career has not turned for the better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
“You scored 3 goals in 7 minutes, next time you have to score 5 goals in 5 minutes!"

Archbishop of Naples

The pressure Osimhen is subjected to, hopefully he doesn't let it distract him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
[quote author=do4luv14 post=93539903]

Take over wetin? For Lagos?

Bro forget that one

Bro don't u wanna see the national stadium in Lagos come back to life?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
Edopesin:

I think we've established that already, He won't take up the challenge because he is the biggest liar here

The fact that you are supporting komekn on this, shows that you are either biased or you no sabi as e dey move.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
Your source is spot on. And the bolded is indeed a mission ahead of the the next Afcon.

sheyishemba:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
Edopesin:
Office of the Federal Minister of Youth & Sports Development.

Work commences on the Moshood Abiola National, Abuja, following the adoption of the facility by @AlikoDangote

The project should be done in 24 weeks and at the end, we should have a brand new pitch, new score boards & irrigation system. Well done to
@SundayDareSD and @NigeriaFMYS

Do you think this Stadium can attract spectators as easily as Uyo for example
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Matthew Yakubu kept another clean sheet for SKF Sered in their 8-0 Slovakia cup second round win over Gbel'any.
Match finished moments ago.

Looking at the background facilities I just can't help but wish our own league was working well. kini Slovakia nitori Oloun!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Transfer News: Another Nigerian in the Primeira Liga

Portuguese Top-flight Primeira Liga NOS side, C.S. Maritimo have just announced the signing of Nigeria's Sadiq Abdulfatai, a midfielder.

Fatai spent one year with Union Madeira U-19s before being snapped up by Maritimo this window.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
Newly promoted Serie A club FC Crotone are yet to officially announce the transfer of Ogenyi Onazi because they do not have an agreement to pay the midfielder based mainly on his performance.

The media have already reported that Onazi has undergone a routine medical ahead of penning a three-year contract as a free agent after he terminated his contract with Turkish club Denizlispor.

Onazi’s camp would rather he is given a normal contract with a monthly salary and win bonuses.

However, it is believed that Crotone are weary of the player’s recent battle with injuries.

The former Lazio star was hit by a long-term injury which kept him out for most of last year at Trabzonspor, who released soon after he had recovered.

He completed the rest of the part season at Denizlispor before he walked out on them over unpaid salaries.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
Not me, but the Authourities that be, and that succesive lagos Governors had not help matter

from Tinubu to even this present one

[quote author=minfelix post=93540914][/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
I dont think he supporting Komekn is Bias,

many of us here lies too much on what, and whats not

BTW trust you are enjoying BBN

safarigirl:

The fact that you are supporting komekn on this, shows that you are either biased or you no sabi as e dey move.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
Odunayaw:

Uyo is smaller in size,so I getting it filled up isn't always a problem...

I don't think the NFF will be too willing to move the team back to Abuja... There is no governor there to entice them with money ..
grin .

Unless bubu and the FCT minister will be willing to part with some cash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
komekn:

Anybody who accepts a person unsubstantiated age without any independent official corroboration is what very intelligent.

Probably..
Because it is wise not to talk about something you don't know...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Newly promoted Serie A club FC Crotone are yet to officially announce the transfer of Ogenyi Onazi because they do not have an agreement to pay the midfielder based mainly on his performance.

The media have already reported that Onazi has undergone a routine medical ahead of penning a three-year contract as a free agent after he terminated his contract with Turkish club Denizlispor.

Onazi’s camp would rather he is given a normal contract with a monthly salary and win bonuses.

However, it is believed that Crotone are weary of the player’s recent battle with injuries.

The former Lazio star was hit by a long-term injury which kept him out for most of last year at Trabzonspor, who released soon after he had recovered.

He completed the rest of the part season at Denizlispor before he walked out on them over unpaid salaries.
angry angry

Which kind agent this guy get self? They are always having issue with his salary right from his time at Lazio.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
komekn:

This is even more dissapointing than your first write up.

As a long standing contributer here.

I assumed you would approach my opinion with some rationality or at least a good degree of objectivity.

But you don't even address a single item I have raised. completely evade the subject matter.

And then you rabbit on with irrelevant rhetoric that has no bearing on the subject at hand.

Then you conclude without reason, rationality and or objectivity, that you are WRONG.

Baffling and dissapointing.

Lol

Predictable as usual. Komeknish!!

Evade? You are the Boss on that table man. I still be newbie in general.

You make sense, but now youre on a looonggggg streak of senseless talk that never ever points to you as an individual with a flaw. Thats condescending.

Besides, if you can't see what i wrote there as simple as it is, then i think you are the one devoid of rationality here. I even assert my weakness on some matters. But you.....? grin grin grin

How do you do this crap man How?

If you're expecting me to be on your side always, without being able to call you asides if ya very offf, then im a zombie.

Im no zombie, you need zombies. politics section is there with loads of Buhari supporters repping well.

That's the simple thing your faculty just refuse processing. Asin is it that hard? Dayummmm.

You thought i was...... grin grin

Perhaps you need attend some Power must Change Hands sessions, cos i cant just imagine how you do this often. We all arent haters. So maybe you'd need it truly.

Fallacio misericodium is where you stand man.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
do4luv14:

I dont think he supporting Komekn is Bias,

many of us here lies too much on what, and whats not

BTW trust you are enjoying BBN

Well, the most prominent liar on this thread, is probably Southgate, so, him accusing anyone of lying is laughable.

I'm barely watching that thing anymore abeg. Na so so negative vibes full there, and I have enough problems in my life, to be allowing negativity into it.

I'm just waiting for football

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2020
The disrespect to Thierry Henry by the Drogba Fans caused a comparism with our own Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Yak vs Drogba

If Yak got such numbers playing for average teams, don't you feel he'd have surpassed Drogba's EPL numbers if he played for a top 4 team? And hence the better striker!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2020
safarigirl:

nope I'm not supporting him just pointing out a fact about the other guy because I can confirm it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
Edopesin:

nope I'm not supporting him just pointing out a fact about the other guy because I can confirm it

As i can confirm that Southgate is also a prolific liar. Perhaps, they have met each other at group meetings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Odunayaw:

I think it will, like it has always done in the past but I'm personally looking forward to the improved video quality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
daveP:
The disrespect to Thierry Henry by the Drogba Fans caused a comparism with our own Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Yak vs Drogba

If Yak got such numbers playing for average teams, don't you feel he'd have surpassed Drogba's EPL numbers if he played for a top 4 team? And hence the better striker!?

Pls not this night grin

Hen what? Yak what? grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
So there are two Nigerians in Maritimo Portugal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
Edopesin:

Pls not this night grin

Hen what? Yak what? grin

Why not? grin

Drogba was compared to Igwe. If so, don't you think this is a more closer and precise comparism? Its true na. 8goals difference

I feel Yak was the better striker, odd as it stands o. I know Drogba oozes frenzy. But the epl stats alone...... Lol

So answer first

If Yak played in Chelsea or Man U, Liverpool, will he or wont surpass Drogba's goals?

Or better still, if they swapped clubs who will score higher?

Yunno we don't really hype Yak here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
David de Gea made 7 saves for Spain vs Germany game ended 1-1
It's good to know that he will leave this version of himself in Germany

And the Germans are looking to conquer the league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2020
do4luv14:

Not me, but the Authourities that be, and that succesive lagos Governors had not help matter

from Tinubu to even this present one

It belongs to F.G, not LASG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
daveP:

Why not? grin

Drogba was compared to Igwe. If so, don't you think this is a more closer and precise comparism? Its true na. 8goals difference

I feel Yak was the better striker, odd as it stands o. I know Drogba oozes frenzy. But the epl stats alone...... Lol

So answer first

If Yak played in Chelsea or Man U, Liverpool, will he or wont surpass Drogba's goals?

Or better still, if they swapped clubs who will score higher?

Yunno we don't really hype Yak here.

Yak was the boss to be honest and you're right he doesn't get the hype he deserves and probably because of his infamous miss

he might have done better than drogba if they switched clubs but drogba remains goat of the century for Chelsea

Any other "if to say" no join

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
Yes. Stanley Kanu and Sadiq Abdulfatai. I think Kanu will start up from Maritimo B. Sadiq is straight to the first team.

gamaliel9:
So there are two Nigerians in Maritimo Portugal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
Summer Transfers for Nigerian players

Osimhen - Napoli
Zaidu Sanusi - Porto
Chidera Ejuke - CSKA Moscow
Dessers - Genk
Ebuehi - FC Twente
Leon Balogun - Rangers
Uzoho - Apoel Nicosia
Maduka Okoye - Sparta Rotherdam

Ogenyi Onazi - Crotone (pending)
Mikel Agu- Nantes (pending)
Arokodare - Anderlecht (pending)

Is this the best window for Nigerian born players?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. Stanley Kanu and Sadiq Abdulfatai. I think Kanu will start up from Maritimo B. Sadiq is straight to the first team.

The rate at which our academies are producing players is very high.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9393) (9394) (9395) (9396) (9397) (9398) (9399) ... (16179) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), soetanoreoluwa(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.