Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11649043 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10062) (10063) (10064) (10065) (10066) (10067) (10068) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2020
Subzero047:

I was just telling you the hype is unnecessary given he played nothing today
Which hype? Can you tell me they hype?

He played well and showed nice tactical instinct.

There was no hype there. Is just that people prefer seeing players thrashed online.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Which hype? Can you tell me they hype?

He played well and showed nice tactical instinct.

There was no hype there. Is just that people prefer seeing players thrashed online.

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2020
England won’t stop calling bukayo saka anytime soon

E go shock some of una grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Also those lose crosses especially at the end was against a tight defending Everton. Definitely not an easy scenario to put in clean crosses. Aina was trying to make things happen. I did not expect criticism for that. It even showed his initiative to try to help his team force an attack.

aina is doing well no caps...he has the ability of be our Trent...am impressed with his performance lately he just need to improve on his physical aspect of his game...m sure oga kog45 will be proud of his nice performance coz he happens to be his No.1 ardent fan in conclusion he is doing well his tactical aspect of his game has improved am not surprised though that was happen when you are coached by super genius like steve Parker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

one more game and I'll give up on him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2020
Koboko99:
A country that plans.....

Sub-Saharan Africa is truly worrying me. Always behind in every domain...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2020
smartsmith0907:

aina is doing well no caps...he has the ability of be our Trent...am impressed with his performance lately he just need to improve on his physical aspect of his game...m sure oga kog45 will be proud of his nice performance coz he happens to be his No.1 ardent fan in conclusion he is doing well his tactical aspect of his game has improved am not surprised though that was happen when you are coached by super genius like steve Parker.

Parker and Guardiola need to solve their goal chance creation issues. They are playing good build up plays but the final third is really lacking.

But on the whole, Fulham played good ball today. I was impressed. I feel and hope the goals come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2020
Subzero047:

Aina didn't give an accurate cross and two goals were scored from his wing

All the ball playing is useless
I wonder oh. No be Aina wey I watch. At a point I wondered what he was playing exactly. When everton are attacking he would be in the center instead of RB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Parker and Guardiola need to solve their goal chance creation issues. They are playing good build up plays but the final third is really lacking.

But on the whole, Fulham played good ball today. I was impressed. I feel and hope the goals come.

Parker's team has always be a good team to watch.....he is a coach I love to watch and understudy a lot ....I think it not really a big deal parker is not really scoring goals we all know mitrovic is not on form for now and concerning guardiola he needs a good LB am not really impressed with the LB role and lastly he needs in the team abegiii rodri nah confirm fraud.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
smartsmith0907:

one more game and I'll give up on him.

Smart you are just trying to be positive

Deep down inside your mind you have already given up grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
I wonder oh. No be Aina wey I watch. At a point I wondered what he was playing exactly. When everton are attacking he would be in the center instead of RB

What happened to aina bro ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Smart you are just trying to be positive

Deep down inside your mind you have already given up grin

aina issue be like Naija popular saying "there is nothing God cannot do" lolzzz
though I understand the technical crews are still in touch with him but the chances are very slim.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I don comot eye there. Southgate will make sure he plays the number of games to seal him. Infact, of recent, the players ditching us for England are playing enough games for England unlike before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by feelme2020: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Bukayo saka is already cap-tied to England.
Even if he changes his mind it is too late.
He has already played 4 times for England.
So let us move on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2020
andrewbaba44:

What happened to aina bro ?
he was not at rb for two goals scored. I wondered if it was a tactical move.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2020
JohnBullMySon:

that the point we are trying to make bro you don't just make an assertion on a player you've watched for a long time when was the last time you watched aina I watch aina week in week out to give my assessment and monitor his development...his tactical awareness has changed aina in his previous games was like low budget alonso...he doesn't even help his team out defensively and today he tried for his team defensively and he spark a tug of war between him and Calvert today
overall he is doing well defensively for his team and his tactical awareness has improved he has his spark of brilliance today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2020
Subzero047:

Guy Aina no play anything, can you state anything of significance he did throughout the match?

1. Full 90 minutes played
2. 3 interceptions
3. 2 clearances
4. 84 touches
5. 1 key pass
6. 5 out of 6 ground duels won

Pick one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2020
smartsmith0907:

aina issue be like Naija popular saying "there is nothing God cannot do" lolzzz
though I understand the technical crews are still in touch with him but the chances are very slim.
they should leave him and move on. They're like an ex girlfriend to him now grin

Abeg smart, if you are close to any of our players. Tell them about this place, make dey come hear for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

1. Full 90 minutes played
2. 3 interceptions
3. 2 clearances
4. 84 touches
5. 1 key pass
6. 5 out of 6 ground duels won

Pick one

What's exceptional about this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
Icon4s:
NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS (NNFF) AWARDS

NOMINATION OF AWARDS COMMITTEE MEMBERS

The Super Eagles have played all their matches for 2020, and to crown up all our analyses on Nigerian Players for the entire year, it is time for us to select players who have made more Impact than the others in various categories.

And, like it has always been, we need to nominate Monikers who will come up with the list of players in the various categories. Then, the entire house will do the voting.

NOTE: Being the Coordinator I am already part of the committee. No need to nominate Icon4s, so we need 6 more people who will join me.

All you need do is mention the Moniker you want to see in the awards Committee and CC: Icon4s and Bascovanveli. The Top 6 nominated monikers will join me in the Committee.

NOMINATION CLOSES 22ND NOVEMBER, 2020 @ 6PM (NIGERIAN TIME)

Let me open the floor:

I nominate Bascovanveli
Cc: Icon4s, Bascovanveli.

Time is up with the Nominations. Thanks to all who Participated.

Sir Bascovanveli, please join me in collating.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2020
smartsmith0907:

Parker's team has always be a good team to watch.....he is a coach I love to watch and understudy a lot ....I think it not really a big deal parker is not really scoring goals we all know mitrovic is not on form for now and concerning guardiola he needs a good LB am not really impressed with the LB role and lastly he needs in the team abegiii rodri nah confirm fraud.

I am actually very impressed with Rodri's play. However, Rodri likes to drift into the creative area of the field and leave too much work for the defenders.

We miss Fernandinho who does a lot of covering and takes away the work load from the defence.

Guardiola needs to switch to a three man defence system. I feel that is the solution to bring balance to the defence and give Rodri room to play his game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2020
Subzero047:

What's exceptional about this?

What?

That is brilliant.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
smartsmith0907:

I see Guardiola's problem with the three man defence. In that setup, no Sterling, Ferran Torres or Mahrez.

Either way, Ferran Torres and Sterling can always per in the two man attack. I feel it will suit them more. Mahrez can play the ten role.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2020
Tessyy1701:

I think the Iheanacho and Mbappe comparison was born out of the "in the present and now context" and at that time You will wanna agree with Me that Nacho is only a bit clinical than Mbappe and not better than Him in their overall performance... I feel that's what those who are pitching their tent with Nacho were saying.

On Haaland vs Monster machine I think it's due to preference and also the "present and now context.

Conclusion:- Neither Monster machine nor Nacho were better in overall performance than Haaland and Mbappe at the time of comparison.

At that time Mbappe had won the Ligue 1, made Champions League semi final, scored goals in the Ligue 1 etc yet our people believed Iheanacho was better. shocked shocked angry grin

Were you among?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2020
elyte89:

I will want to go with ur conclusion.. But den, I will still insist on " so many monikers" on dis thread saying boldly dt nacho was better Dan mbappe in all ramifications... Only few monikers limited deir argument on comparison and not sticking out deir neck on "saying nacho was better Dan mbappe"..I knew d insults I and some oda monikers faced den trying to correct deir gaffes grin grin..so bro,I knw wetin I dey talk

I am not just good @ digging out ppu old post,d way forgiveness and komekn does...I for don burst ppu here cool

Na wetin dem talk be that. Iheanacho is better than Mbappe. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2020
Our man with another clean sheet

He even got a penalty

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

The guy is right and you know it... Don't overblow the issue..
Iheanacho was compared to Mbappe when they were both at Man City and Monaco respectively... Some said Iheanacho was better.. They weren't wrong... Iheanacho was one of the best young player in the world at that time.. things just didn't go down well.
It's the same thing with Komekn and forgiveness saying Solanke was better than Iheanacho..Where are they both now?
Komekn also sad Osimhen won't make the youth team of a championship clubs..where is Osimhen now?
Time and circumstances change things... But an argument based on present events shouldn't be dismissed...

Iheanacho was better even when Mbappe won the Ligue 1, made UEFA champions League semi final as an integral player, scored more goals than Iheanacho etc, right? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
they should leave him and move on. They're like an ex girlfriend to him now grin

Abeg smart, if you are close to any of our players. Tell them about this place, make dey come hear for themselves.

lolzzzz
it not good for the players psychologically....most times we tends to troll this players and it not really good for their mental health.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I am actually very impressed with Rodri's play. However, Rodri likes to drift into the creative area of the field and leave too much work for the defenders.

We miss Fernandinho who does a lot of covering and takes away the work load from the defence.

Guardiola needs to switch to a three man defence system. I feel that is the solution to bring balance to the defence and give Rodri room to play his game.

personally I dont think this three man tactics will work for them imagine playing debruyne and Bernardo as a CMF role it gonna limit this players attacking feat the 4-3-3 is still the best but rodri should understudy fernandiho or by January pep should go to transfer and get a DMF to cover for the defense I mean someone like Ndidi will be very suitable for this .
my opinion though am not a man city fan a Chelsea but the little I understand about man city.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
he was not at rb for two goals scored. I wondered if it was a tactical move.

Na mistake nah

Anyone can have a bad day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2020
feelme2020:

Bukayo saka is already cap-tied to England.
Even if he changes his mind it is too late.
He has already played 4 times for England.
So let us move on

I have no problem and I know he is already captied

Some people said he will be used and dumped but we are already seeing something different

As far as dude continues he won’t be dropped anytime soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

This article is at December 2016 two months before the Monaco clash with Manchester City.

Iheanacho still had a very decent finishing stat Manchester City.

So the debate was finishing.
I'm not denying the fact that his stat at Man City was good, but based on the comparison at the time which was in 2016/2017 season Mbappe was better than him. Iheanacho scored 21 goals in his first 2 seasons at Man city while Mbappe had 27 goals in his first 2 seasons at Monaco. Having best goal per minute ratio was just a plus for Kelechi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10062) (10063) (10064) (10065) (10066) (10067) (10068) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), Ajd19, charlesemeka85(m), Tessyy1701 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.