Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,592 members, 7,830,805 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11757631 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10149) (10150) (10151) (10152) (10153) (10154) (10155) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:04am On Jan 08, 2021
Hy Danielnino00 our boy has been doing the business in Milwaukee. Big brother Giannis is making sure he is just fine cool

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:38am On Jan 08, 2021
golden boy of nigerian basketball. saw a video of him in practice just hitting those 3 pointers consistently. pray he progresses and becomes a NBA great

BascoVanVeli:
Hy Danielnino00 our boy has been doing the business in Milwaukee. Big brother Giannis is making sure he is just fine cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2021
well said. personally i prefer Osimhen's all attacking play to Onuachu's but if for whatever reason Paul starts hitting the back of the net in the SE more than Victor then it will be a no brainer for Onuachu to lead the attack in the SE

JayromWrites:
This is the Super Eagles not Osimhen FC

Vic. Osimhen is our BEST FORWARD in the HERE AND NOW

But it doesn't mean he can't be replaced if someone else is doing better

if Paul by some Miracle start playing better in the GWG, I wouldn't mind watching him play game in game out at the expense of Victor

it's all about the super eagles.. All about the success of the team

All these deputy talk no really cut am... Paul, Taiwo or whosoever can be our number 1 striker if they raise their game up to that standard

Victor is not irreplaceable

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:47am On Jan 08, 2021
JayromWrites:
This is the Super Eagles not Osimhen FC

Vic. Osimhen is our BEST FORWARD in the HERE AND NOW

But it doesn't mean he can't be replaced if someone else is doing better

if Paul by some Miracle start playing better in the GWG, I wouldn't mind watching him play game in game out at the expense of Victor

All these deputy talk no really cut am... Paul, Taiwo or whosoever can be our number 1 striker if they raise their game up to that standard

Victor is not irreplaceable

Thank you

This type of comments is what I love to see

The way they berate other players is so irritating

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 10:54am On Jan 08, 2021

Victor is not irreplaceable[/quote]
this epistle is actually needless. Has anyone insinuated that the NT is osimhen fc. UNA JUST DEY FIND WETIN NO LOS. Vic. Is currently the best striker in the NT, while paul has underperformed. Instead of hoping that osimhen continues to perform u guys are here predicting that paul who hasnt performed in the NT when called upon will start benching our leading marks man. Isnt this just ridiculous

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2021
Golden Eaglets are youngest team at U17 WAFU B Championship – Pinnick
Footballlive.ng

NFF President, Amaju Pinnick said he’s proud of the current Golden Eaglets squad, despite losing to Côte d’Ivoire on Wednesday.

Nigeria's U17 Boys, the Golden Eaglets at the WAFU B Championship. Credit | Twitter (UfoawafuB)
Pinnick revealed that Nigeria is parading the youngest squad in the tournament, but affirms the Federation’s desire to see the team progress and win their next game against Ghana.

Failure to beat the Black Starlets on Saturday means the Eaglets will wave the tournament goodbye and also miss the opportunity to participate at the next CAF U-17 Afcon.

While speaking to the players and coaches ahead of the tie with Ghana, Pinnick described the team as a very young squad with potentials.

He, however, admitted that the Federation wants them to succeed at the tournament.

“I’m happy that I can see all the players in this U17 team, I can see that we have the youngest team in this tournament, which of course, I’m very proud of.

“It is a developmental football at this level. It does not mean that we do not want to win. Nigerians wants you to win so that you will be celebrated. We want you to be celebrated, it is very important that we must win,” Pinnick said on Thursday.

The match between the Golden Eaglets and their Ghanaian counterparts is scheduled for Saturday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2021
solonnachi:
Golden Eaglets are youngest team at U17 WAFU B Championship – Pinnick
Footballlive.ng

NFF President, Amaju Pinnick said he’s proud of the current Golden Eaglets squad, despite losing to Côte d’Ivoire on Wednesday.

Nigeria's U17 Boys, the Golden Eaglets at the WAFU B Championship. Credit | Twitter (UfoawafuB)
Pinnick revealed that Nigeria is parading the youngest squad in the tournament, but affirms the Federation’s desire to see the team progress and win their next game against Ghana.

Failure to beat the Black Starlets on Saturday means the Eaglets will wave the tournament goodbye and also miss the opportunity to participate at the next CAF U-17 Afcon.

While speaking to the players and coaches ahead of the tie with Ghana, Pinnick described the team as a very young squad with potentials.

He, however, admitted that the Federation wants them to succeed at the tournament.

“I’m happy that I can see all the players in this U17 team, I can see that we have the youngest team in this tournament, which of course, I’m very proud of.

“It is a developmental football at this level. It does not mean that we do not want to win. Nigerians wants you to win so that you will be celebrated. We want you to be celebrated, it is very important that we must win,” Pinnick said on Thursday.

The match between the Golden Eaglets and their Ghanaian counterparts is scheduled for Saturday.

There is absolutely nothing to celebrate about losing. This man too sabi cover up and people will just be buying it. The fact is that Nigeria has failed at every single qualification so far. All the will remain after this are the super eagles. That should be the real headline.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
The real failure is winning the age grade tournaments but not finding any materials for the national team in the long term.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
wayodude:
The real failure is winning the age grade tournaments but not finding any materials for the national team in the long term.

Surprised right? Don't be cos that's Basic speaking from the two sides of his mouth,

Happy new year everyone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Thank you

This type of comments is what I love to see

The way they berate other players is so irritating

Andrew na new year we dey ooo make you dey kooli down small you hear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2021
wayodude:

Osimhen and Chukwueze won the U17 world cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:34pm On Jan 08, 2021
do4luv14:

Andrew na new year we dey ooo make you dey kooli down small you hear

Lol

Make I no talk normal thing again cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol

I don sight you dey drafted matter since from two page back,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Him dey tell you say your blood too dey hot make you dey calm down cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Osimhen and Chukwueze won the U17 world cup.

And?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2021
chrisooblog:
golden boy of nigerian basketball. saw a video of him in practice just hitting those 3 pointers consistently. pray he progresses and becomes a NBA great

That should be the pre draft camp. I'm just happy he is with a Giannis who will take him under his wings. Plus Milwaukee actually needed his skill set pretty badly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2021
do4luv14:

And?

Go and read the previous post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Go and read the previous post

Am not reading anything, cos I know from where it got start, so chuks and Victor wins U17world Cup, and wetin again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
Subzero047:

The truth is some players can dominate in the lower leagues but can't cut it in the higher leagues

Osimhen has taken a step up and proved himself to be comfortable in two higher leagues than Belgium,Onuachu will have to do the same to even be in the conversation
osimhen has not yet proved himself in Napoli

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
CAF get mind ooo. Enyimba will be playing Rivers United in the next round.

Rivers won their away tie 0-2 in South Africa but the SA team refused to come for the return leg because they would have to quarantine for a week before playing their match.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
do4luv14:

Am not reading anything, cos I know from where it got start, so chuks and Victor wins U17world Cup, and wetin again?

Someone said the real failure is winning age grade comps and not getting national team material in the process. I bring up players who won the U17 and are on the national team. Now what is your problem with that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
CAF get mind ooo. Enyimba will be playing Rivers United in the next round.

Rivers won their away tie 0-2 in South Africa but the SA team refused to come for the return leg because they would have to quarantine for a week before playing their match.
it's better they play each other than get cancelled out in two different matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
it's better they play each other than get cancelled out in two different matches.

Rivers are not getting cancelled out. U don't buy players like Ifeanyi Anemena and Godwin Aguda to get cancelled out. I have said it before that this was the team that should have repped us at the champions league.

My pity is for Enyimba grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Him dey tell you say your blood too dey hot make you dey calm down cheesy

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Someone said the real failure is winning age grade comps and not getting national team material in the process. I bring up players who won the U17 and are on the national team. Now what is your problem with that

Selective rascal prejudice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

He has definitely performed well.so far, given the limited amount of game time he is getting.. Hitting 9,8,7 points under 10 minutes,and 11 under 14 minutes.. I hope he gets to play more minutes...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:43am On Jan 09, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Rivers are not getting cancelled out. U don't buy players like Ifeanyi Anemena and Godwin Aguda to get cancelled out. I have said it before that this was the team that should have repped us at the champions league.

My pity is for Enyimba grin

When this guy moves to Europe, he will be 20 years of age.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Ogunniyi Omojesu of Sunshine stars has move to the Latvian league

Our npfl stars are desperate to leave the country at any opportunity.
Invite a player to the national team and he is out of the country in less than 6 months.
I think the Latvian league is too obscure but then, it can be a launching pad to mainstream European football
Tolu Arokodare and Tosin Aiyegun are 2 players who used the latvian league to go
to Germany and Switzerland respectivey.
Incidentally, tosin aiyegun is wanted by lyon and saint entiene in France.

The Latvians are raiding our league and football academies because they know that
Nigerian/African players are cheap and then they use us to improve their league
Anyway i hope our players in Latvia get out of there as soon as possible

I believe stronger leagues in Europe have started noticing that there are good African players in the Latvian league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:38am On Jan 09, 2021
Ighalo will face Watford today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:14am On Jan 09, 2021
Samueltemi337:
Ighalo will face Watford today

grin grin na wetin we dey call send off party for secondary School be that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 8:30am On Jan 09, 2021
For those that don't know

Zaidu Sanusi was the highest rated defending player yesterday for Porto, For someone that can't play football, he is dishing out alot of Ls already

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10149) (10150) (10151) (10152) (10153) (10154) (10155) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.