Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,900 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11668661 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10179) (10180) (10181) (10182) (10183) (10184) (10185) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
komekn:

Thats not what my deductions are anchored on.

And the core subject was Sanusi better than the existing Wing backs at Fulham, IMO he is not. The three players he is contending with one plays for the USA, the other for the Netherlands and then our own Aina.

The question that has arisen in the course of the deduction is Porto better than Fulham❓ ln my opinion, NO.

If the EPL is 4 places ahead of the Portuguese league that's an indicator of quality. If you look at market value of Fulham and Porto players in addition to pedigree they are almost on par.

If Fulham played in the UCL where would be they be, l don't know. But l can say conclusively they will do alot better than clubs in much lower league like Celtic and Rangers.

West Bromwich beat Wolves against all odds are they therefore better

So what will you anchor your proposition on SENTIMENT ❓ . Because, using your proposition Porto is better than Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves Crystal Palace, etc

More load of thrash.. Where is LAWMA self??

There are a lot of English club fans on this thread but none of them sound so unnecessarily sentimental and dumb as u when it comes to comparing English teams with others..
Outside of the big 6, most clubs in the EPL would struggle against even mid table teams of clubs outside Europe top 5 leagues..
The Portuguese league being rated below the English language doesn't in anyway take away the quality of it's top teams like Porto,Benfica and sporting...it is the same Portuguese league that Bruno Fernandes came from..

And to chip in to the discussion, Salisu will walk into this Fulham starting eleven...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:30am On Jan 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

There are a lot of English club fans on this thread but none of them sound so unnecessarily sentimental and dumb as u when it comes to comparing English teams with others..
Outside of the big 6, most clubs in the EPL would struggle against even mid table teams of clubs outside Europe top 5 leagues..
The Portuguese league being rated below the English language doesn't in anyway take away the quality of it's top teams like Porto,Benfica and sporting...it is the same Portuguese league that Bruno Fernandes came from..

And to chip in to the discussion, Salisu will walk into this Fulham starting eleven...

There are some arguments that people make just for argument purpose. You gotta just ignore them because they want attention.. just like boldly saying 1 + 1 = 10
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:22am On Jan 25, 2021
Napoli players are bunch of average players, Mertens was a colossal failure after coming on yesterday
Osi was match rusty after weeks of lay off dur to injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:39am On Jan 25, 2021
oloriooko:
Napoli players are bunch of average players, Mertens was a colossal failure after coming on yesterday

Napoli loose game suddenly you turn to calling their players average or you meant average performance from the team ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2021
oloriooko:

Mertens was still coming back from an injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bengine: 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
oloriooko:

Yea Osimhen was very rusty, it's understandable exp coming back after like 2months...with more games he can get his fitness back..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2021
oloriooko:

Average players? Definitely No!!
The players were just poor yesterday and moreover, Napoli is really inconsistent .They'll beat a team 6-0 today and lose at home against a small team in the next match. Moreover, Hella Verona is a very disciplined team, most of those big teams failed to beat them. Check their results against the top 6 teams in Seria A.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
Rangers set to announce Nnamdi Oforborh soon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
That is the advantage of performing well at a club, those Nigerian players performing well at their clubs some may not be fortunate to make an impact at the national team but they will make way for their various clubs to sign Nigerian players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 4:20pm On Jan 25, 2021
oloriooko:
Napoli is not a poor team. They have good players. I really enjoy watching Insigne, I think he is a top top winger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2021
chucs:
Napoli is not a poor team. They have good players. I really enjoy watching Insigne, I think he is a top top winger.

I am still waiting for him to explain better to me if he meant Napoli players are average or they played averagely
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:38pm On Jan 25, 2021
This is why I advise that players be drafted into the NPFL immediately after the U17. After all the years wasted on so called trials look where Nazifi Yahaya ended up. Could have saved himself a year or two by just playing in the league.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2021
England and Germany are trying to get Musiala to play for them, I wonder if Rohr wants to join the tug of war.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
This is why I advise that players be drafted into the NPFL immediately after the U17. After all the years wasted on so called trials look where Nazifi Yahaya ended up. Could have saved himself a year or two by just playing in the league.
And the goal, a beauty at that.

There are about 6 clubs that are good atmospheres for young bloods in the League. We can assimilate these guys. One reward for having the league on TV is that "head go begin de correct". In terms of sponsorship, facilities, tactics etc.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2021
Karlovic:
England and Germany are trying to get Musiala to play for them, I wonder if Rohr wants to join the tug of war.

If na you be Rohr you go join grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2021
Fred Onyedinma and Uche Ikpeazu start against Spurs. Akinfenwa and Daniel Adeniran on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2021

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Voetbalnieuws.be reporting that Emmanuel Dennis is on his way to
German Bundesliga club, FC Koln, on a 6 month loan deal

https://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/577441/dennis-neemt-afscheid-van-club-brugge-en-trekt-naar-duitsland

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

And to chip in to the discussion, Salisu will walk into this Fulham starting eleven

That's not the chip but the core subject of this particular discussion.

Your approach is Sentiment based emotive rambling garnished with assumptive preferences.

Fernandes has been exceptional but l could give you a list of players from the Portuguese league who STRUGGLED into anonymity big time, such as Renato Sanchez, Eder, Tiago, Gedson Fernandes, Alex Tella to name a few.

We could add one of my favourite Nigerian midfielders Etebo who struggled to make an impression in the Championship not even the EPL.

Unfortunately, It's one way traffic almost little or nothing going to Portuguese league from the EPL so it's difficult to make player comparison.

On every unit of object measurement Salisu fall way below the existing full backs in Fulham. Robinson is a USA international, Tete is a Dutch international and Aina has more pedigree and caps than Salisu for the SE.

If we look at market value he is below.

Let's look at the player he replaced at Porto Alex Tella who all will agree is much better than him. Alex Tella is warming the bench at Manchester United.

My approach is not sentiment but objective appraisal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2021
AndSunGorilla:
Fred Onyedinma and Uche Ikpeazu start against Spurs. Akinfenwa and Daniel Adeniran on the bench.
Fred Onyedinma with a goal against Spurs!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2021
maidaboi:
Voetbalnieuws.be reporting that Emmanuel Dennis is on his way to
German Bundesliga club, FC Koln, on a 6 month loan deal

https://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/577441/dennis-neemt-afscheid-van-club-brugge-en-trekt-naar-duitsland
looks like Dennis is going to Germany
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2021
komekn:

That's not the chip but the core subject of this particular discussion.

Your approach is Sentiment based emotive rambling garnished with assumptive preferences.

Fernandes has been exceptional but l could give you a list of players from the Portuguese league who STRUGGLED into anonymity big time, such as Renato Sanchez, Eder, Tiago, Gedson Fernandes, Alex Tella to name a few.

We could add one of my favourite Nigerian midfielders Etebo who struggled to make an impression in the Championship not even the EPL.

Unfortunately, It's one way traffic almost little or nothing going to Portuguese league from the EPL so it's difficult to make player comparison.

On every unit of object measurement Salisu fall way below the existing full backs in Fulham. Robinson is a USA international, Tete is a Dutch international and Aina has more pedigree and caps than Salisu for the SE.

If we look at market value he is below.

Let's look at the player he replaced at Porto Alex Tella who all will agree is much better than him. Alex Tella is warming the bench at Manchester United.

My approach is not sentiment but objective appraisal.
I agree with you that Telles is probably better than Sanusi and yes he is warming the bench at Man Utd. So is Fulham also better than Man Utd or at par with Man Utd now sir?
Thank you!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:51pm On Jan 25, 2021
Watching Wycombe Wanderers against Tottenham.

Interestingly Wycombe have 4 Nigerian in the Squad.

It's half time and it's 1-1 Tottenham scoring in the last seconds of the first half.

And Fred Onyedinma scored forgotten by mm any here. Ikpeazu is bulldozing the Tottenham defence they guy is just too strong for them.

I remember Ikeapazu when in 2013 he was the hottest U18 striker in England highest goal scorer even scored three hatrick, two against Chelsea and one against Arsenal. Even then he was a man mountain.

His mother is Ugandan but his Dad is Nigerian he wanted desperately to play for our youth teams but nobody called him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

I agree with you that Telles is probably better than Sanusi and yes he is warming the bench at Man Utd. So is Fulham also better than Man Utd or at par with Man Utd now sir?
Thank you!!!

I didn't introduce that comparison but countered it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:53pm On Jan 25, 2021
AndSunGorilla:
Fred Onyedinma with a goal against Spurs!!!!
Nairaland southgate boy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2021
Finally, it's second half and no matter what happens Tottenham will win, it's a question of how many.

But Wycombe will try thier best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
Emmanuel Dennis has joined FC Koln on loan from Club Brugge

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2021
Emmanuel Dennis should perform for Koln because he is no longer wanted at Club Brugge

If he doesn't na football wilderness
Subzero047:
Emmanuel Dennis has joined FC Koln on loan from Club Brugge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:19pm On Jan 25, 2021
Subzero047:
Emmanuel Dennis should perform for Koln because he is no longer wanted at Club Brugge

If he doesn't na football wilderness
I trust my boy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:41pm On Jan 25, 2021
maidaboi:
looks like Dennis is going to Germany
so that means, tolu arokadare has failed or what?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
maidaboi:
NFF – FIFA Has Cleared Six New
Players To Switch Nationality To
Nigeria

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/01/25/nff-fifa-has-cleared-six-new-players-to-switch-nationality-to-nigeria/
if rohr cannot call their names then he should keep mute. that's how he said two german players the other time, we never saw the second player. No need to tell us about six players you cannot name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10179) (10180) (10181) (10182) (10183) (10184) (10185) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), Longneck, sureleads, Oasis007(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.